Micro 330: Masons & Mafia - Day 1

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Crazy »

Uh, hey guys.

I am not a mason with Perpetual Nonsense. I'm not sure if you wanted me to play along, but I really see no benefit in fake-claiming in this setup. Then again, it seems equally stupid for scum to do something like that, so... yeah.

Can you explain your thought process please?

@Xayzeck - Yeah, this game is nightless, but yeah, the mafia can still kill. Did you just join this game randomly without looking up the setup, or what?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Crazy »

Why did you just answer for him?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:22 am

Post by Crazy »

In post 27, Finglove wrote:Well, he could be half-fake claiming and be a mason with somebody else. Just wondering why Crazy sounded so certain.
I never said he couldn't be a mason with somebody else. He just isn't a mason with me which means he was lying (or joking/WIFOMing/whatever), and I'll call that a fakeclaim. You can call it something else if you want, but that's just semantics.

Can you tell me why you asked that question? I can't see how me hypothetically assuming Perpetual Nonsense was not a mason could be a scum-tell. The scum don't know who the masons are.

@HiddenInTheDark - I didn't ask that question to Perpetual Nonsense so I could receive some of your insight about this setup and possible strategies. I asked it so I could hear his answer from him, and try to get a hint of his own alignment. Basically the only reason I ask questions is to scum-hunt.

Anywayyy...

VOTE: Wisdom

Did you really just prod someone into talking more after like 12 hours into the game?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Crazy »

I guess I'll just ignore Nonsense's pointless WIFOMy stuff, then. It's dumb and it's anti-town IMO but tbh it's probably more of a town-tell than anything else, as much as I hate to say it.

Does anyone disagree with me?

Also, I don't believe RVS can be over-analyzed. At least not on freaking Page 2. The RVS is barely over and that's the only thing we have that we can analyze.

@Xayzeck - Why did you express your suspicion of tman if you weren't going to do anything about it yet?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Crazy »

UNVOTE: Wisdom
VOTE: Finglove
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Crazy »

Fing here is trapped in a web of conventional logic, with all his "oh noez quickhammers" attitude. While it is technically possible for scum to win with a mislynch and a double mason kill, the chances of the scum being able to identify both masons at that point is very slim.

Fing's vote against Wisdom just seems very... easy. Wisdom is encouraging quick wagons and pushing a vote on tman without any reasoning actually given. So he's obviously scum, right? >_>

I think Fing is trying to appear "reasonable" by countering against an unconventional strategy, but really he is just following the lines of how he believes town is "supposed" to act.

I don't know if Fing is scum or just not a very creative thinker, but right now I am leaning towards the former.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Crazy »

VOTE: HiddenintheDark

Looking at his ISO is troubling. Lots of attempts to appear useful but basically zero ounces of meaningful content.

Tman is not great, but I think Hidden is worse.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Crazy »

The problem is that you don't seem to feel anything about the situation. You have done no scum-hunting whatsoever. You haven't even given any reads whatsoever.

And yeah, I'm generally a bit of a dickhead when I play mafia. It seems to help, at least for me. I'm much nicer in real life.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Crazy »

But seriously, if you want to help, you need to provide some real opinions. Not about the setup, or about mafia in general, but you know, about actual players and whether you think it is likely that they are scum or town. After 5 pages, you can't have no reads at all.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

^Probably.

Really, though, the meta talk between Wisdom and Xayzeck confused me after looking over it just now, so I'm going to have to read it over several more times before I make a stance on that. Xayzeck seemed to come off better than Wisdom, but I'm not committing to that stance yet.

My scumread on Hidden is now stronger than it was before. I don't buy that he misunderstood my post against Fing, or that he couldn't tell I was being sarcastic. Really, that post followed a post where I
voted
for Fing, and at the end of that post I stated that I was leaning towards Fing being scum.

The only way someone could misunderstand me was if they skimmed that post for like 3 seconds before deciding to say that I "hit the nail on the head." That's really the only other option here. So...

(a) Hidden barely even read my post before deciding to agree wholeheartedly, and thus completely misunderstood what I was actually staying.
(b) Hidden did understand my post, and is now trying to backtrack out of the hole he dug himself into after deciding to vote for Wisdom on Day 2.

Add that to the stuff I said before, about Hidden having no reads at all until Day 2 when I forced him into having an opinion. Then he voted for Wisdom, and then switched his vote to me with no reasoning given. I expect votes without reasoning from Wisdom and from Nonsense, but not from Hidden, the guy that supposedly hates all these quick wagons.

Tman is also obviously town now. I disagree with him for backing off the Hidden wagon, but him doing so gives me a strong townish vibe from him. I believe he was earnestly thinking Hidden was scum, and then had second thoughts. If Tman was scum, he probably would have just stuck on the Hidden wagon.

Perp is probably town, too. I think most people agree with this.

Xayzeck and Wisdom I don't really know. On Day 1, they both seemed townish, but now it seems unlikely that they are both town, just due to process of elimination. Like I said, I'll have to get back to that.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Crazy »

Can you be more specific about what words I'm putting into your mouth?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Crazy »

VOTE: tman

That quickhammer was just so out of nowhere it basically confirms him as scum.

The only way that makes sense to me is if scum (tman specifically) thinks he can quickhammer, and following that, kill a mason and win. If Perp flipped Mason, it is easier to find his buddy knowing that he was a Mason. And if Perp flipped Townie, then it's a 2/3 shot of hitting a mason and winning.

If tman is scum, Hidden is probably actually town, despite what I discussed earlier. I don't see the two of them bussing to that level.

I think it's tman and either Xayzeck/Wisdom. Probably Xayzeck, actually. His relationship with tman was filled with awkward minor suspicion, not to mention the insanely bad post #305.

I don't care about Xayzeck, though. We can figure that out when we're not at risk to instantly lose. Right now we need to lynch tman, and we need to lynch him quickly.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Crazy »

Like what?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Crazy »

Do I use awkward phrases with too many commas and conjunctions?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Crazy »

Good game, guys. This was my first game in over a year.

I did not know who the masons were, though perhaps I should have seen it coming. I went through different options but I couldn't conclude anything; I think Perp/Xayzeck was my best guess. I think after Perp's reveal I considered tman, because hammering a mason buddy seems more likely than how Xayzeck or Hidden voted him, but I wasn't sure.

Good job, Wis; I think this win is more on him than on me, since I was rather lazy about things.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”