Micro 333 -- Medical Mafia ~~Game Over~~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

This is a good news/bad news situation. Good news is that I'm here and I've played a lot of mafia. Bad news is that this is my first game on this site so I might need some help with site specific meta and terms.

Let me get caught up and give some thoughts.

Chuck
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

Easiest catch up ever. Not a ton of information yet but I like the tone of RachMarie's post. Seems effortless and conversational without looking preplanned or forced. By proxy, I don't like Not_Mafia's vote nor do I understand the "Married to the Mob" poster. I do like Michelle Pfeiffer though.

Vote: Not_Mafia

I would have voted for someone not currently voting to encourage discussion rather than someone that looks like they are ready to engage in the game. So that vote bothers me.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Chuck_Norris »

What's an IC? I always take it to mean innocent child.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@NM
A you suck vote already? Instead of getting defensive and spammy why not just explain your RVS choice and opportunistic you suck vote and move on?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@Role Madness
I've played a few of these. In my experience night action information isn't very informative until towards the end of the game because there are too many variables and permutations to account for. The most effective way to play the early game seems to be to treat this like a vanilla game. You can go back and put the pieces of the puzzle together later.

Personally I plan on being as transparent as possible while alive. In that spirit I can reveal that post 32 was made to draw a reaction. Nobody had more than 1 vote so I started an RVS wagon for a random reason to see how NM would respond and also to see how everyone else would respond to my pressure vote.

ZZZX's response was to call RVS over. That made me Chuckle. He's right too. It was time to start playing. Good response.
Bearclaw's response was to be suspicious. I think the overreach was pretty obvious. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. Good response.
RachMarie's response was to suggest she is suspicious of forced reads. I agree. Again there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. She also didn't respond to my fake Town read on her. Good response.
NM's response to a whopping two votes is to lose his cool with me and be immature and spammy with TN. That is not a response I would expect. If you are Town why not just explain yourself and move on since you would have legitimate Town reasons for your motivation?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@NM
That poster makes sense then. I would have no way of knowing that was a joke so again there is no reason to be so defensive. I have responded to your accusation in my last post. Looking forward to your interpretation.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

My feeling is that you read the late arrivals based on their interpretation of events. I don't see how it makes them easier to hide. If anything it can really expose their scum buts. Really, it's no different from how a regular day plays out if you think about it. You're lucky if you have more than 3-5 active players driving the conversation during any given day phase.

Is your concern really about ending RVS? Or is your concern that RVS is ending with a focus on you?

At least we agree on one thing. NT's response was awkward.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Sun May 04, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

unvote
Vote: CoolDog

Most excellent scum slip in post 89. How do you know Not_Mafia is Town? And if you know Not_Mafia is Town why did you vote for him in post 79?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@Bearclaw
In post 89 CoolDog said if someone hammered we would know scum was on the wagon. The implication of this statement is that he believes Not_Mafia is Town since scum would not be pushing for a scum lynch. If he thinks Not_Mafia is Town then why did CoolDog vote for him?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@CoolDog
I think that what you are claiming your post said and what it actually said are two different things. Care to try again?

@BearClaw
Where is the misrep? You also seem to have completely ignored CoolDog's post 105.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@CoolDog
I'm still not understanding you. In post 124 you say that scum will most definitely be on a quick lynch. No qualifiers. But now in post 125 you claim that scum don't like fast early lynches. You claim scum don't like fast early lynches because it is highly unlikely the quick lynch target will be Town. If a fast early lynch is on scum, why would scum already be on the wagon? That makes no sense to me. I understand busing. I know how it works. But I don't see why a fast early lynch in any way points to an absolute certainty that busing is involved. In fact, in the scenario where a fast early lynch results in a scum flip I would be far more interested in looking at the people who were not on the scum wagon. Do you disagree?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Wed May 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@BearClaw
Why not simply direct tn to post 99 instead of being Mr. Unhelpful? Do you think your case on him is improved by proving that he missed the reason you are voting him?

@tn5421
Where is BearClaw's logical fallacy? What type of logical fallacy are you accusing him of, ad hominem? Has anyone else in this game presented a logical fallacy [eg. cum hoc ergo propter hoc, causal oversimplification, or post hoc ergo propter hoc perhaps]?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@CoolDog
Did you see post 126? Do you understand why your previous explanation actually makes me more confused? If I were comfortable with your explanation I'd be looking elsewhere. I don't intend for this to be a tunnel but I really would appreciate some clarity.

@tn
Are you trying to provoke an argument? Also, you accused BearClaw of a mild ad hom attack then use one one me? Gooses and ganders. Or am I misinterpreting that and you're actually slyly egging CoolDog?

PE:

A drizzly bear?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:58 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@CoolDog
You are wrong. It's not in there.

@RM
Care to post some content?

@Neil
Welcome to the game. Why is tn scum?

@tn
Do you think saturn even picked up his or her role? I don't. So I don't see how that is any sort of alignment tell.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #15) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

The old excuse not to post when under pressure trick. Be more obvious scum.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #16) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Chuck_Norris »

Replace out = lame.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #17) » Mon May 12, 2014 1:48 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@ZZZX
Are you accusing Marquis of active lurking? I thought it was her voluminous posting that caused tn to replace out. That seems like the opposite of active lurking.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”