Mewbie 1491 ~ Part Mew ~ Kittens Rule~

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by tysker »

/confirm
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by tysker »

Yeah, fuck shadowspy.

Two lessons learned so far:
1: Always lynch when someone scumclaims (even as a joke).
2: There is a difference between anti-town and scum.
Now I just have to learn to tell that difference.

I will play to my win condition.

VOTE: Xegarus
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 am

Post by tysker »

In post 30, Jackel98 wrote:TSO, you did the same thing in the beginning of last game, pointing yourself out as town "needlessly."
He also did it as a town doctor in one of the games he referenced.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 am

Post by tysker »

So don't jump to conclusions.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:07 am

Post by tysker »

@jarjar

Take a look at the other Mewbie 1491. It got derailed a couple of post after TSO talked about the difference between anti-town and scum. Around page ten I think.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 am

Post by tysker »

Page 8, post 199.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am

Post by tysker »

@malakittens

I voted for Xegarus.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 am

Post by tysker »

@Nobody Special

You have yet to post in this thread. What do you think about this?

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Nobody Special
(L-2)

@TSO

Clearly you didn't get any help in the last game from your "partners". What would be the best thing to do from the scum point of view, when your partner gets a FoS, like you did?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 am

Post by tysker »

With this post in mind:
In post 61, Docthorr wrote:There is absolutely no reason to lynch NobodySpecial right now.
If the L-2 would end up in a lynch it would be scum or anti-town (I did pay attention...a little :wink: ).
So as Xeg asked: "why so scared?"
I don't get why you needed to unvote in order to scumhunt. If everybody did it, wouldn't we be right back in RVS?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:26 am

Post by tysker »

@Docthorr

Okay, I just saw that you voted for people you played with before and were still doing RVS.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by tysker »

There isn't much to go on yet. I have a slight town read on Xegarus. The rest is null.

@OrangeYoshi

What are your reads so far?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 68, Docthorr wrote:I have two towny reads, but nothing is pinned down.
I'd like to get some more info from Jackel. He has a few unanswered questions.
Who are your townreads?

I agree that Jackel needs to stop lurking.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:46 am

Post by tysker »

In post 71, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 55, JKMatthews wrote:VOTE: Xeg
Seems to be buddying up to TSO a bit more than one would expect, maybe just feels as strongly about reasking questions though.
I don't see him really buddying. I see him defending his read. Tyskers defense of TSO seems much scummier to me since he just defends him loosely. So if TSO is town and gets lynhced, he gets towncred for defending him.

As opposed to Xeg who is telling us that he actually reads him as town. Xeg is against a TSO lynch. Tysk hasn't taken a real stand on the issue.

@jarjar

I agree with Xegarus posts in the discussion you had. You backed out. Had you continued, I might had posted more. At the moment I'm against all lynches not just a TSO lynch, because we are still in the beginning of the game. I don't get why my loose defense of TSO is scummier than your vote for him.

pedit:
@docthorr
okay
Scum doesn't like to commit to reads so they can keep their options open.
Do you still have a scum read on TSO. If so, why did unvote?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 am

Post by tysker »

@docthorr
okay
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:49 am

Post by tysker »

In post 71, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 55, JKMatthews wrote:VOTE: Xeg
Seems to be buddying up to TSO a bit more than one would expect, maybe just feels as strongly about reasking questions though.
I don't see him really buddying. I see him defending his read. Tyskers defense of TSO seems much scummier to me since he just defends him loosely. So if TSO is town and gets lynhced, he gets towncred for defending him.

As opposed to Xeg who is telling us that he actually reads him as town. Xeg is against a TSO lynch. Tysk hasn't taken a real stand on the issue.

@jarjar

I agree with Xegarus posts in the discussion you had. You backed out. Had you continued, I might had posted more. At the moment I'm against all lynches not just a TSO lynch, because we are still in the beginning of the game. I don't get why my loose defense of TSO is scummier than your vote for him.

Scum doesn't like to commit to reads so they can keep their options open.
Do you still have a scum read on TSO. If so, why did unvote?[/quote]

pedit:
@docthorr

okay

fixed it
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by tysker »

@jarjar

In post 78, tysker wrote:

@jarjar

I agree with Xegarus posts in the discussion you had. You backed out. Had you continued, I might had posted more.
At the moment I'm against all lynches not just a TSO lynch, because we are still in the beginning of the game.
You missed some of my post. Especialy the underlined part. I thought a statement like this would be superflouos this early in the game. Guess I was wrong.
In post 85, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 80, tysker wrote:I don't get why my loose defense of TSO is scummier than your vote for him.
Are you serious? How was my vote for TSO scummy?

The only way you would think that is if you're scum and know for a fact that I was voting for a townie.
The "I don't get" part was an invitation to you to explain your logic. Your vote wasn't necesarily scummy. I was asking you to evaluate these two actions: Voting someone vs. soft defending the person being voted. Which of the two is worst?
Why would someone hardcore defend someone else, if you don't have a strong read?
In your opinion, would I had looked less scum, if I hadn't posted at all? Why/why not?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:51 am

Post by tysker »

In post 89, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 86, tysker wrote:
In post 80, tysker wrote:I don't get why my loose defense of TSO is scummier than your vote for him.

The only way you would think that is if you're scum and know for a fact that I was voting for a townie.
The "I don't get" part was an invitation to you to explain your logic. Your vote wasn't necesarily scummy. I was asking you to evaluate these two actions: Voting someone vs. soft defending the person being voted. Which of the two is worst?
I don't think it's even a question which one one is scummier. There's nothing scummy about voting for someone unless they do it for no good reason. Do you think that's the case w/ my vote?
It depends. Did you check the the other game where he stated he was town as a town doctor. If you did, your vote was scummy in my opinion. If you didn't, your vote wasn't as scummy. I don't know which is true, but I assumed you did check it out.
Soft defending someone is very scummy IMO. It's a non-confrontational way to make the people attacking the defendee look bad. Giving real opinions that you stand behind isn't.
Sigh. You think way to highly of me. The cancelled game was the very first game of mafia, I ever played. I havn't played on other sites, I haven't played it in reallife, I don't know anybody who plays this game. My total experience so far:A sixth of a game. I had never heard of the phrase soft/loose defending before you posted, and I don't think about what others look like after I post.
My motivation for not defending TSO stronger was as follows: I was really annoyed that the other game had to be restarted, I was annoyed with the waiting period for this game to start. When this game started, I wanted it to take of right away. Your vote for TSO was the first serious/non-RVS vote in this game. I didn't think you were right in voting for him, but at the same time I'm in a dillemma, because you got the game going. And I didn't wanna stop the flow. Thats why, I did what I did.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:16 am

Post by tysker »

In post 87, Xegarus wrote:
In post 78, tysker wrote: I thought a statement like this would be superflouos this early in the game. Guess I was wrong.
Why?
Not quick lynching is a good thing(in most games),
why would you have thought that would make people react?
I'm not sure about what you mean in the underlined part. I thought it was superflouos to talk against quicklynches because it was an obvious thing to say.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:39 am

Post by tysker »

In post 91, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 87, Xegarus wrote:
Though i must ask NS
@NS
Is he a scum read or just getting bad vibes from?
I mean, you hadnt posted much so i wouldnt say he gets scum points for trying to get the ball rolling.
And attacking users that havnt posted much, even early on, doesnt look scumy IMO.
I have found that, as a rule, newbscum tend to latch onto what they perceive as an easy mislynch and never let go. So yes, it's scummy to me.
I would say that you are hard to mislynch. IMO an easier mislynch to achieve would be myself or one of the other newbies. Why would you be considered an easy mislynch?

Pedit: lots of posts. I'll look now, but maybe won't be replying until tomorrow. It's getting late.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 am

Post by tysker »

jjd
In post 113, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 93, tysker wrote:It depends. Did you check the the other game where he stated he was town as a town doctor. If you did, your vote was scummy in my opinion. If you didn't, your vote wasn't as scummy. I don't know which is true, but I assumed you did check it out.
While I do enjoy mafia and put alot of time into reading/rereading and posting, I rarely will read a previous game that I wasn't in unless I have a specific reason.

However since this is kind of a continuation of a previous game, I'll try to take some time to read the first game since it's being referenced alot and it's only 9 pages.

Though I'm not even sure what game you're talking about since I believe TSO was scum in the previous game, not town doctor. What game are you talking about?
It's mewbie 1461 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5582706. Page 1, post 21.

Xegarus
I didn't meta anybody. I saw the link to the game, and its on the first page of the game.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 am

Post by tysker »

In post 93, tysker wrote:
Xegarus

Read this:

I don't think it's even a question which one one is scummier. There's nothing scummy about voting for someone unless they do it for no good reason. Do you think that's the case w/ my vote?
It depends. Did you check the the other game where he stated he was town as a town doctor. If you did, your vote was scummy in my opinion. If you didn't, your vote wasn't as scummy. I don't know which is true,
but I assumed you did check it out.
After I posted this, Jarjar said that he didn't read it and/or couldn't find it. I assumed he did read however. Had he read it, he would had fully aware that his reason for voting was false (town never declares their WC to be town). And that would be scummy.
As to why I didn't bring it up when it happened: In the last game (my first ever) almost all my reads were wrong, so this time I'm a bit more cautios before I shout out what my reads are.

pedit:
@jarjar

Because I would do it, if someone adviced me to it.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am

Post by tysker »

@Xegarus
In post 93, tysker wrote:

It depends. Did you check the the other game where he stated he was town as a town doctor. If you did, your vote was scummy in my opinion. If you didn't, your vote wasn't as scummy. I don't know which is true,
but I assumed you did check it out.
After I posted this, Jarjar said that he didn't read it and/or couldn't find it. I assumed he did read however. Had he read it, he would had fully aware that his reason for voting was false (town never declares their WC to be town). And that would be scummy.
As to why I didn't bring it up when it happened: In the last game (my first ever) almost all my reads were wrong, so this time I'm a bit more cautios before I shout out what my reads are.

think I fixed it
pedit:
@jarjar

Because I would do it, if someone adviced me to it.[/quote]
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:16 am

Post by tysker »

In post 137, JarJarDrinks wrote:
@Tysk

Like it was certainly clear that you knew that I hadn't read any other thread by this exchange:
In post 34, tysker wrote:
@jarjar

Take a look at the other Mewbie 1491. It got derailed a couple of post after TSO talked about the difference between anti-town and scum. Around page ten I think.
In post 35, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 34, tysker wrote:
@jarjar

Just skimmed TSOs posts and didnt see. Can you point out what you're referring to?
In post 37, tysker wrote:Page 8, post 199.
Yet somehow you base your scumread of me on the fact that you believe I read TSOs other game?
When you posted this:
In post 36, JarJarDrinks wrote:K I just found it and it confirms exactly what I said above.
I thought you had found out about this:
In post 31, tysker wrote: He also did it as a town doctor in one of the games he referenced.
And you still voted for TSO. You explained in later posts that you were looking for something else. I didn't see that at the time.
Btw, I never said I scumread you. I said that what
I
did was less scummy than what
YOU
did, under the condition that you had in fact read the first page of Mewbie 1461, which apparantly you hadden't at the time.
And I think that lurking is far worse than loose/soft defending someone.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 am

Post by tysker »

In post 141, T S O wrote:When did tysker tell us he'd read the game previously?
In post 142, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 141, T S O wrote:When did tysker tell us he'd read the game previously?
Well since he referenced it in one of his first posts of the game that's what I assummed.
In post 143, T S O wrote:bah, he did read it the last time.

Hmmm.
I DIDN'T read it.
I clicked a link, saw in the post by the mod that you were Town Doctor, and on the same page you state your WC is town. Thats it.
F***************CK.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by tysker »

Reads so far:
Town:
Xegarus. Still think he is town, even though he voted for me.
JKM: Slight town. Haven't posted much, but his posts seems townish.

Slight scum: Jarjar. He could be town tunneling me. But he seems to be convinced that i'm scum in way that I think would be hard to fake.

not sure/null: Everybody else.

@Docthorr, Orange, jackel and NS

What are your reads so far?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 149, JKMatthews wrote:Tysker, can you explain your scum read on JarJar. If he's convinced your scum in a way that's hard to fake, doesn't that make him town?
Maybe I overlooked posts where jarjar scumhunts other people. If I see him do that more i'll might reconsider. So far the hard to fake-part takes him from being totally uberscum to just slight scum in my book.
His whole case on me presupposes that i'm a way more experienced player than I really am. If you believe that I am completely new to this game, like I state here, would you agree that the strategy jarjar says i'm following is a little bit to advanced for me?
In post 31, tysker wrote: Sigh. You think way to highly of me. The cancelled game was the very first game of mafia, I ever played. I havn't played on other sites, I haven't played it in reallife, I don't know anybody who plays this game. My total experience so far:A sixth of a game. I had never heard of the phrase soft/loose defending before you posted, and I don't think about what others look like after I post.
My motivation for not defending TSO stronger was as follows: I was really annoyed that the other game had to be restarted, I was annoyed with the waiting period for this game to start. When this game started, I wanted it to take of right away. Your vote for TSO was the first serious/non-RVS vote in this game. I didn't think you were right in voting for him, but at the same time I'm in a dillemma, because you got the game going. And I didn't wanna stop the flow. Thats why, I did what I did.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:06 am

Post by tysker »

In post 154, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 144, tysker wrote:And I think that lurking is far worse than loose/soft defending someone.
If we had to pick a lurker to lynch right now, who would you choose?
Luckily there's a week till the day is over, so I don't have to pick one. If the deadline was right now, I would go with a no-lynch. I said in an earlier post you were my strongest scumread, but it isn't so strong that I would lynch you straight away. If things stay the same and the lurking continues, I would go with OrangeYoshi. Of a total of three posts, he made same joke twice.
The two of us have dominated this thread so far. If we are both town, scumlurkers will have succeded, IMO.
Same question to you: Not counting myself and a no-lynch (which I guess you would prefer), who would you prefer to lynch, if you had to choose?
In post 155, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 151, tysker wrote:His whole case on me presupposes that i'm a way more experienced player than I really am. If you believe that I am completely new to this game, like I state here, would you agree that the strategy jarjar says i'm following is a little bit to advanced for me?
I don't understand why u keep saying this. What did I say that implied you'd need to be experienced mafia?
You didn't, I said it. I couldn't find anything about the concept in the wiki. I'm not saying it's a flawed concept. I'm saying it's complicated to do, and that it takes skill. I say that for a cautious newbscum, it would be easier to just lurk. If you believe that anyone is perfectly capable of following this strategy, then fine.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am

Post by tysker »

In post 183, Docthorr wrote:This means we are getting 3 replacements... :/

Should we give the mod time to get them and to let the replacements get up to speed? or continue with the six of us?
What do you mean? It's not up to us. Two of them could be scum or they could be town PR. The game would be distorted quite a bit, if they weren't replaced.

@Xegarus

I guess lynching lurkers won't have relevance now. What about on day three or four, when you are down to very few players?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by tysker »

@IV

Are you saying that Xegarus looks so towny that he is actually scum?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 am

Post by tysker »

In post 203, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 198, tysker wrote:
@IV

Are you saying that Xegarus looks so towny that he is actually scum?
No clue where u got this from?
I got from the undelined quotes. Xegarus answered, but I would like to hear from IV.
In post 195, innocentvillager wrote:
BUT WAIT WHAT HAS HE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE GAME
lol Xeg quotes wrote:But the lurking or not posting is not a reason in itself to call someone scum.
lol Xeg quotes wrote:
Optimal scum play is to look town.
lol Xeg quotes wrote:You dont know if the lurkers are scum, lurking is not scummy but anti town.
lol Xeg quotes wrote:
I feel it would probably be most optimal for scum to try and look town to everyone rather than just lurk it out.
VOTE: Xeg
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:31 am

Post by tysker »

In post 216, emeraldemon wrote:UNVOTE:
Hi team! Hi innocentvillager, hopefully we do better this time than in the last Mewbie.
I've read the thread but I have to run now, I will organize my thoughts into a post later tonight. Real quick though, Docthorr, Tysker: it's time to put your vote on scum. As a rule of thumb your vote should always be on your strongest scumread, unless you're lynching someone else as a compromise.
I don't have a strong enough scumread on anyone to put my vote on someone else. And I think it is unlikely that NS will be the lynch today, anyway. I'll consider changing my vote after I see some posts from you and jackels replacement (didn't like his last post). Nobody has more than two votes right now (if my counting is correct), so I don't like the way you're trying to push me.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by tysker »

@matti

What didn't you like about ?
In post 243, Nobody Special wrote:
Matti -- Do you think it's feasible that Docthorr and I are a scumteam?
Good question.

Don't have much time now. I'll give reads later today.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 254, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 148, tysker wrote:Reads so far:
Town:
Xegarus. Still think he is town, even though he voted for me.
The post that I didn't like is this. The "even though he voted for me" clause is a bit unsettling, although it is just one line. The reason I don't like this is similar to why I didn't like that one clause above^: it seems like a very unnecessary addition and like an "Hey town see I'm town reading him even though wants me dead so I'm not OMGUSing".

Other than that tysker looks fine, like I said.
Up until Xegs vote for me, he had pretty much read me as town, so his vote for me came out of nothing, IMO. I didn't understand it at the time and I thought it to be kinda scummy (and that this was obvious to all). In light of the discussion you had with him, I now think it was a pressure vote.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 am

Post by tysker »

@Xegarus
In post 263, Xegarus wrote:
In post 148, tysker wrote:Up until Xegs vote for me, he had pretty much read me as town, so his vote for me came out of nothing, IMO. I didn't understand it at the time and I thought it to be kinda scummy (and that this was obvious to all).
Why didnt you question it if you thought like that? Even if it was "obvious to all".
I stated in an earlier post that my reads in the last game were complete trash, so this time I'm more careful with blurping out my reads. I wanted to see if anybody else found your vote on suspicious.
In post 148, tysker wrote:In light of the discussion you had with him, I now think it was a pressure vote.
What made you think that?[/quote]

Your vote on me was followed by two questions, you wanted me to answer. And you unvoted pretty quickly and voted for jackel/matti and yoshi/IV. Explaining your later votes as pressure votes.

Was your vote on me a pressure vote or not?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Post by tysker »

Lots of stuff came up.

Xegarus: He is scumhunting and asking questions. Town.

JarJar: I've changed my view on JarJar. I went through his ISO and I think he is asking good and relevant questions. Couldn't find anything that screamed scum to me. I think he might be town.

Emeraldemon: I got a town vibe from JKM, before Emerald joined. I felt pushed my him wanting me to vote for JarJar, but the rant was good and explained it. Town.

IV: I'm not sure what to think of the initial postings by IV, turning things upside down. I'm not sure here.

TSO: You said that you wouldn't be as nice when you are town. So far you've seemed to be nicer than the last game. Maybe is because no one has attacked/insulted you yet? I wanna say town, but I'm not sure.

Docthorr: I could have asked some of the questions he his asking. I think scum would be way to careful to ask questions like
Spoiler:
Emeralddemon: Should I put up a vote even if the scumread is just minimal? At this moment I don't have a very solid scumread.

Docthorr looks town to me.

NS: Maybe the voting/unvoting docthorr was an earnest mistake, but it looks really weird. I'm not sure here.

Matti: You started directly in an uphill battle. Jackels last posts before you subbed in was useless/scummy. You gave reads saying you were undecided on four people others had scumreads on. Why did you stay away after that? Why aren't you asking questions? Why don't you answer questions? You've got three votes on you.
I think you're scum.

I think Matti is the candidate to lynch today. He put his vote and scumread on NS. I think Matti voted for NS, because it was the last vote prior to him giving his reads. He just looked for anything that looked odd, and that happened to be NS' vote on Docthorr. I doubt that newbscum would sub in to the game, only make one post where he tries to set up his scumbuddy (who is more experienced), then stop posting altogether. If Matti flips scum (which I think he will), it will clear Nobody Special as town.

UNVOTE:

p-edit : i was about to vote. Should I give him time?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 am

Post by tysker »

VOTE: matti
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 am

Post by tysker »

yes. don't know if I should have waited.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:02 am

Post by tysker »

In post 290, T S O wrote:pretty damn sure Matti was Town.
Why?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #38) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:26 am

Post by tysker »

In post 293, T S O wrote:
In post 291, tysker wrote:
In post 290, T S O wrote:pretty damn sure Matti was Town.
Why?
His reads reeked of Town.
I hope you are wrong.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am

Post by tysker »

emeraldemon wrote:That's part of why it's better to move your votes sooner. In an ideal world we'd put someone at L-1 a day or two before the deadline, so there's time for a claim and possibly a counterclaim, i.e. if Matti says "I'm the cop" but then someone else says "you're lying, I'm the real cop", we're guaranteed one of them is scum, so we can just lynch both.
Didn't even think about this. :facepalm:
I have much to learn.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 am

Post by tysker »

I don't get that nightkill. His last post said he townread Mattis reads. And Matti had TSO as sure town. Wouldn't that make TSO a good candidate for mislynch?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:27 am

Post by tysker »

In post 316, Xegarus wrote: Tysker, still waiting for some explanation.
Why did you hammer so soon?
I hammered because I wanted to vote him for a while. I was annoyed to see NS vote for Matti, when I wanted to end my post with a vote for Matti. I didn't wait because I was afraid that someone would talk me out of voting for Matti. I was influenced by you, Emerald and TSO who all made posts about no-lynch being the worst that could happen to town and we were coming near the deadline. And doubted that Matti would ever post again before the day ended.
In post 307, Nobody Special wrote:
Vote: tysker

Only scum comment on the nightkill.
I didn't that this subject was taboo. Why is commenting on nightkills a scummy thing to do?
In post 306, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 304, tysker wrote:I don't get that nightkill.
Very contrived. I honestly thought I'd be the NK but thought TSO was the next most likely once I saw matti flip.
I wasn't surprised that you survived. Scum need you to mislynch me.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 318, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 317, tysker wrote:
In post 316, Xegarus wrote: Tysker, still waiting for some explanation.
Why did you hammer so soon?
I hammered because I wanted to vote him for a while. I was annoyed to see NS vote for Matti, when I wanted to end my post with a vote for Matti.
I didn't wait because I was afraid that someone would talk me out of voting for Matti.
I was influenced by you, Emerald and TSO who all made posts about no-lynch being the worst that could happen to town and we were coming near the deadline. And doubted that Matti would ever post again before the day ended.
And you only thought about this in the 3 minutes between your posts.

See, this doesn't explain your p-edit question. It makes no sense that you'd ask "Should I give him time?" if this was your mindset.
This is what I thought about for three minutes. I realized that I shouldn't had asked since it felt like the right thing to do at the time.

In post 318, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 317, tysker wrote:
In post 306, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 304, tysker wrote:I don't get that nightkill.
Very contrived. I honestly thought I'd be the NK but thought TSO was the next most likely once I saw matti flip.
I wasn't surprised that you survived. Scum need you to mislynch me.
2 things:
- This is total wifom. If I die, then you say scum killed me to make you look bad.
- This is a problem I've had w/ you alot this game. You're treating me as confirmed town w/ this post. If you were town, then there'd have to be some doubt in ur mind.
I don't think that I would necessarily look bad, if you died. You're not confirmed town in my book. I think you are town, and if you are, I think you are most likely vanilla based on you being the one with the most posts and pretty determined. If you are a PR you would put yourself at risk posting this much. And I did go over your ISO, before the day ended, where couldn't find any good stuff on you.

Also this was night one. From scum point of view you are good to have in the beginning of the game, but with your determination you would be trouble for scum, when the population gets smaller in numbers.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 319, JarJarDrinks wrote:also @tysker

who should we lynch today?
In post 305, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 304, tysker wrote:And Matti had TSO as sure town.
This makes him almost confirmed town in my book. Scum is very rarely gonna call a scumbuddy town. Especially noobscum.

Like I'm rereading stuff and I have IV as potential scum. But the thing really making it hard for me to think he's scum is the fact that Matti put him in his town reads.
I havn't got a good read yet, but I think that matti could had put scum on his townlist, so for now VOTE: InnocentVillager

@NS

Could you please share your reads?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 325, innocentvillager wrote:You don't have a good read on anyone yet so you're just putting your vote on me? lul what
Elaborate plz
Like I said, Matti put you on his townlist. I have about a null-read on you, but I don't have any strong scumreads right now. I am taking Emeraldemons rant about having a vote on someone is better than not voting to heart. You've asked me to elaborate on my interactions with JarJar and you didn't have any follow-up questions. You just posted this:
In post 311, innocentvillager wrote: The tysker case is starting to catch my eye.
It might be that you didn't have time to post more, but it also might mean that you are scum getting ready to sheep.

I like your last post though. But when matti/jackel didn't interact much, it's hard to put the reads in relevant context.

In post 326, emeraldemon wrote:
In post 209, Jackel98 wrote:Before I am replaced, I would like to say good bye, and that I think JarJar is scum. Maybe Xeg, but definitely JarJar.
What do you guys think about this?
I think jackel knew that his replacement would sub-in in a shitty situation, so he desperately tried to do something about it. The fact that jackel didn't give reasons for his reads here, means that they are more or less worthless.

@IV

Why does this post make emerald town?

In post 330, Nobody Special wrote:I guess Xeg is still reading my games.

Why have we not lynched tysker yet?
Why aren't you giving reads?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 am

Post by tysker »

In post 332, Nobody Special wrote:tysker: Scum

That's the most important read for the moment.
Any town reads?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 am

Post by tysker »

In post 334, Nobody Special wrote:Why do you want town reads? So you know who to push as a mislynch? :igmeou:
I didn't understand this post the first time I read it. Are you saying that based on your townreads, I'll find someone to mislynch?? You are being paranoid, man. Even if I voted out of the blue for one of your townreads, it's not like three people would sheep me.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by tysker »

@IV

In the beginning you townread me. Now you've changed your mind completely, but you haven't said what made you change your mind. I ask you about this:
In post 311, innocentvillager wrote:
The tysker case is starting to catch my eye.
You don't say anything, just stuff like this:
In post 340, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: tysker

We literally have 3 lynches and I can def see tyskerscum even though I'm not like super convinced he's scum

Idk. I'd rather lynch tysker today.
In post 341, innocentvillager wrote:What am I fucking myself

I just think tysker's straight up scum

He's been giving me scumvibes for a while now and I've just been too confbiased to acknowledge them
What made you change your mind about me?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:44 am

Post by tysker »

Okay, I probably won't be able to post for the next 24 to 36 hours, so here goes: I'm a vanilla kitten.
Xegarus ranted somewhere that lynching the IC would be antitown/scummy. Unless he completely full of shit, I doubt that he would have killed TSO. I think he is town.

Nobody Special seems more aggressive/paranoid than in the first mewbie 1491, but I suspect he don't like his playstyle being attacked/questioned.

IV's last post seems towny to me, so I'm gonna UNVOTE: .

@Emerald

Like Docthorr said: How come you haven't voted yet?

@docthorr

Of the things I said/done so far what do find to the most anti-town/scummy?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #49) » Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 am

Post by tysker »

@docthorr

I went over your ISO and never once you say why you are scumreading jarjar. Could you explain, please?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #50) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 372, Xegarus wrote:
In post 324, tysker wrote:I havn't got a good read yet, but I think that matti could had put scum on his townlist, so for now VOTE: InnocentVillager
No good read yet vote?
Can i ask why vote IV?
I explained in and .
In post 326, emeraldemon wrote:
In post 209, Jackel98 wrote:Before I am replaced, I would like to say good bye, and that I think JarJar is scum. Maybe Xeg, but definitely JarJar.
What do you guys think about this?
No reasons given, just replacing words of cornered scum.
Will explain a bit more about this a bit V.
Ok, the reason i see this as so town is simple.
There is NO scum motivation in these words.
LEt me set the scene of IVscum

IVscum from the time he replaced has attacked me.
Scum is lynched.
Leaving scums reads are vague but mention 2 people, one of whom hes already attacking.
The perfect set up to push a attack and shout bus. But he doesnt. Even some confirmation biased players would use it as evidence to say i'm 100% scum. But instead he pushes the whole thing out and throws it away.
If IV was scum, he threw away a perfectly good chance to push a mislynch onto someone. Making the game harder for him. A game where theres already one dead scum.
Hence very very very much town to me.
I think that IV would have a hard time building his case on you with jackels comment in mind. That he doesn't use it doesn't mean anything. Lots of posts go ignored.

In post 348, tysker wrote: Xegarus ranted somewhere that lynching the IC would be antitown/scummy. Unless he completely full of shit, I doubt that he would have killed TSO. I think he is town.
Sorry, what?
I'll answer a question with a question: Do you find it to be 'bad style' to kill the IC night one?
In post 348, tysker wrote:Nobody Special seems more aggressive/paranoid than in the first mewbie 1491, but I suspect he don't like his playstyle being attacked/questioned.
Well it wouldnt be attacked or questioned if there wasnt a reason for it.
Whats your read on him?
NS is voting me with a weak reason that he didn't elaborate on and called for an early lynch. Thats scummy to me. But I think he is biased against me since the early (L-2) vote, I put on him. So it's about null.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #51) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 373, emeraldemon wrote: As for tysker, I had forgotten that this game was a restart, so it's very likely he did see the "kitten" flavor, so it's kinda null. Tysker, would you mind telling us if you were VT last game? Seeing as you've already claimed VT this game I don't see how it could hurt you.
I was vanilla as well. And I was relieved to see that I was vanilla in this game, so I could play the game in the same way. I don't think it mean would to much to TSO, NS, Xeg and JKM, what their new roles would be, but I've been suspicious about the jackel/yoshi slots since they were town in the other game as well.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #52) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 376, Docthorr wrote:I'll do my best.

TOWN
emeraldemon
IV
JarJar
Xeg
tysker
NS
SCUM

so this means VOTE: Nobody Special
In post 377, Nobody Special wrote:So why, exactly, do you think I'm scum?
You never said why I'm scum either, even though I asked you. VOTE: docthorr

@NS

Why do you ask questions that you yourself refuse to answer?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #53) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 383, JarJarDrinks wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 380, tysker wrote:
In post 348, tysker wrote: Xegarus ranted somewhere that lynching the IC would be antitown/scummy. Unless he completely full of shit, I doubt that he would have killed TSO. I think he is town.
Sorry, what?
I'll answer a question with a question: Do you find it to be 'bad style' to kill the IC night one?

OK, I'm pretty sure Xeg is confused by your statement for the same reason I am. Lemme follow ur logic:

- Xeg says killing TSO would be antitown/scummy
- TSO gets killed
- You say Xeg is town because you doubt he would kill TSO

Um, shouldn't u think the opposite? If Xeg was scum then why in the world do you doubt he would do something scummy?

Furthermore, saying "Unless he [is] completely full of shit" is real silly to give someone a pass on for since that's how scum wins the game. They have to be full of shit.
@jarjar

You're right. It was illogical.
Okay, after rereading , I see that I kinda misunderstood Xegarus based on this:
In post 169, Xegarus wrote:
This is illogical and anti town. Policy lynches are the worst thing you could EVER do as town.
Cept maybe self hammering or lynching a IC.
I read to much into the underlined part. I thought that Xegarus as scum, would refrain from nightkilling the IC. There is no ground for this view.

@all

What is the attitude toward killing the IC early on this site? Is it frowned upon or is it a good thing for scum to do, since they get rid of the most experienced player early?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #54) » Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by tysker »

In post 385, emeraldemon wrote:NS, would you vote Docthor?
In post 388, innocentvillager wrote:
Plus JJD and emerald are obvtown
What do you think emeralds attempts to build wagons?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #55) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:14 am

Post by tysker »

In post 394, Docthorr wrote:I said why I think you are the most scummy.
Are you talking to NS? What about me?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #56) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 am

Post by tysker »

In post 393, Xegarus wrote: Why would he get special treatment just cause hes a teaching role?
Well, because he has a teaching role. I guess I needed someone to hold my hand.

What do you think about NS's answer to my question? I think it explains to a large extent his scumread on Docthorr and myself, and thus make NS look more town. Do you agree that newbscum tend to nightkill the IC while experienced scum try to dissuade it?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #57) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:28 am

Post by tysker »

In post 398, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 390, tysker wrote:
In post 383, JarJarDrinks wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 380, tysker wrote:
Sorry, what?

OK, I'm pretty sure Xeg is confused by your statement for the same reason I am. Lemme follow ur logic:

- Xeg says killing TSO would be antitown/scummy
- TSO gets killed
- You say Xeg is town because you doubt he would kill TSO

Um, shouldn't u think the opposite? If Xeg was scum then why in the world do you doubt he would do something scummy?

Furthermore, saying "Unless he [is] completely full of shit" is real silly to give someone a pass on for since that's how scum wins the game. They have to be full of shit.
@jarjar

You're right. It was illogical.
Okay, after rereading , I see that I kinda misunderstood Xegarus based on this:
In post 169, Xegarus wrote:
This is illogical and anti town. Policy lynches are the worst thing you could EVER do as town.
Cept maybe self hammering or lynching a IC.
I read to much into the underlined part. I thought that Xegarus as scum, would refrain from nightkilling the IC. There is no ground for this view.
Still don't get it. No matter how you interpret Xegs post, calling him town because of the NK makes zero sense.
I called Xegarus town before the nightkill. And I still do based on his
. I misunderstood what he meant by the term IC.
In post 399, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 397, tysker wrote:Do you agree that newbscum tend to nightkill the IC while experienced scum try to dissuade it?
What reason would there be for experienced scum to try to dissuade it?
Don't know. That's why I'm asking.
In post 401, Xegarus wrote: Yeh, youre right. Tyskers questioning on the IC kill is odd. Even if i said "dont kill the ic guys" his way of town reading me because i said that doesnt make any sense at all. And you get no points for trying.
I'm having trouble linking that to any scum motivation. Maybe to buddy me, but i kinda doubt he'd go all "unless hes full of shti". Tysker has been bringing the NK up a bit. Can i ask you why you are?
Like I said, I townread you before, because of your posts. I'm bringing up the nightkill because, I think it is possible to learn who has motivation to kill TSO, if we all talk about it. And i'm bringing it up again, because you all ask me about it.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #58) » Sat May 10, 2014 9:32 am

Post by tysker »

@all

What are the chances that both jarjar and xeg is town?

@jarjar

why did you investigate me?

the obvious lynches are xeg and jarjar, but what order?
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #59) » Sun May 11, 2014 1:50 am

Post by tysker »

VOTE: Xegarus

(L-1)
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #60) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:47 am

Post by tysker »

In JarJars last post before the night, he listed his reads. I thought that he might be a power role before he outed himself, because he said to never lynch emerald.

I think it would be risky for jarjar to fakeclaim cop, when scum doesn't know what powerroles are in this game. It is suicide to do so.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #61) » Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Post by tysker »

We won! hell yeah!

thanks, xeg. I think you played pretty good.

I hated to see Docthorr flip town. I was looking forward to a day three with everybody wanting to lynch me. So glad we won, before that happened.

hope to play with you guys again.
tysker
tysker
Goon
tysker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #62) » Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by tysker »

Hey TSO, are you going to comment on the game? Thanks

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”