Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

So, I may or may not like to spectate games in my free time (DON'T JUDGE ME <3), and I thought these were some deserving noms:

Nom: Mastin2 for Most Cunning Manipulator from Left 4 Dead Mafia
Nom: ActionDan, Majiffy, Svenskt Stål, Mastin2, Rubicon for Best Scum Team from Left 4 Dead Mafia

I mean, I suppose I'm a bit new and perhaps haven't seen it all, but I've seen some crazy shenanigans, and I am
really
impressed with how Mastin2 had such a knowledge and command of her own meta that she was able to manipulate it in such a way that things would fall into place for scum like that. Dayum. I think one of the toughest things is to break the mold once people have a handle on what makes you tick, and rather than attempting to
break
the mold, Mastin2
used
people's expectations to further her team
even after death.
And you have to give credit to the rest of the scum team for executing the plan with almost artful brilliance.

Mastin2 sums everything up pretty well in the last couple pages of the mafia thread.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Nom (O)PTIMIZE by yabbaguy for Outstanding MishMash
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Oh, I realize I should have reasons. His flavor text is great (and absolutely hilariously stereotypically game-show-esque), the game is fun and involves multiple people (with one as the focus). I just enjoyed reading the whole thread without even playing: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31612

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Wowzers! Thanks, guys! I had a ton of fun with it, and it's truly an honor to be nominated! I'm hydra-ing with Aronis for my next game for kicks and giggles - we'll see how that goes! Bahaha.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Oof! Pressure's on, I suppose!

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

2nd Nati

That was
EPIC
!

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 301, zoraster wrote:
In post 297, Untrod Tripod wrote:This thread is not for arguing.

all
threads are for arguing

Bullshit!

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Am I doing it right? :D

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

D'awww <3

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Well, I'm glad I could be so cute as to remind you of your daughter, Juls :mrgreen:

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

I can vouch for him. Last Christmas, I gave him my heart again, but he waited until the 27th to give it away that time.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I nominate FakeGod's Alice in Wonderland Mafia for Best Set-up.
Mostly on the grounds that it was intriguing and innovative
in the box
, which, in and of itself, is somewhat
out of the box
. There's a special elegance about creating a mostly-normal set-up that is interesting, thought-provoking (hard to discern but has sense to it), balanced, and fun to play. The lopsidedness of the scum-victory was mostly because of the players, not the set-up, though certainly set-up spec played a part in that.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Nominate Aronis' Modified Greatest Idea Mafia for Best Set-up.
Not sure if I need to cite specific games, but this is easily the best Marathon game type out there, and it's a shame marathons are so few and far between :( It basically updates and polishes the old Greater/Greatest concepts and adds in the modifier element to make for an insanely zany and fun experience for the players, but also fixes a lot of problems on the mod's end, helping to prevent re-rolls and maintain some semblance of balance amidst the chaos.

(Also, while my name is on the wiki page, my contribution was minuscule at best - Aronis should get all due credit/awards/praise/worship/etc.)

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

:lol: That's hilarious.

3rd

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Holla at the Molla!

3rd

THE LAB 4 is live!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”