ITT We post ridiculous/hilarious '''feminist''' articles

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Mina »

Quilford.

This is a sirdanilot thread.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Take solace in the fact that he's going to be banned sometime within the next seventy-two hours.

Remember that 90% of the people reading this thread are mostly on your side. They just aren't posting about it, because, you know,
sirdanilot
. At this point, he's not even being subtle about his trolling. He's dancing gleefully towards account suicide and holding up a sign that says, "LOOK AT MY ATTEMPTS TO START A FEMINISM VS. MRA WAR! I'M TROLLING! ENGAGE WITH ME!" His last reply to you should have given it away.

Instead, I think the really crucial thing to take away from this thread is that the title is supposed to be a complete sentence, and yet there's no period at the end. What the fuck? How can anyone fail this badly at thread titles?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:09 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I think dan should have to tell me that he's not a troll
I'm worried he might be trolling me, but he has more strength so there is no way for me to resist

I feel so threatened
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Quilford »

I know, Mina. I'm fine. I'm relatively chilled, by the standards of these kind of threads. I just reflexively respond to trolls in the somewhat naive hope that something might change. Maybe they'll see the arguments the other side are actually making, instead of the strawmen they're crusading against.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Quilford, so you say that

a) it's right to assume, until proven otherwise, that all muslims are terrorists, all men are rapists and all mexicans are illegal
b) the burden of proof to disprove this lies with said muslims, men, mexicans (and in extension other 'potentially dangerous' groups)
c) this is not a case of institutionalized racism/sexism/misandry/etc. but a completely normal state of affairs that should be encouraged

?

If this is the case then I think your (and also the author of the second article's) view do not belong in this thread or on mafiascum. Such pernicious thinking should be eradicated (hey psyche I used your word !).
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:16 am

Post by sirdanilot »

(except of course your guys' views DO belong here but only because they are hilarious and/or ridiculous !) ;)
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

In post 50, Mina wrote:Quilford.

(1)Take a deep breath. Relax. Take solace in the fact that he's going to be banned sometime within the next seventy-two hours.

(2) Remember that 90% of the people reading this thread are mostly on your side. They just aren't posting about it, because, you know,
sirdanilot
. At this point, he's not even being subtle about his trolling. He's dancing gleefully towards account suicide and holding up a sign that says, "LOOK AT MY ATTEMPTS TO START A FEMINISM VS. MRA WAR! I'M TROLLING! ENGAGE WITH ME!" His last reply to you should have given it away.

(3) Instead, I think the really crucial thing to take away from this thread is that the title is supposed to be a complete sentence, and yet there's no period at the end. What the fuck? How can anyone fail this badly at thread titles?

Dear Mina,

1. Are you even a moderator? I do not know who is currently in the moderation team (I seem to remember quilford once was? also quads, and untrod tripod and flay?). In Any case, bans should only happen because of various wrongdoings. Linking to ridiculous articles isn't a wrongdoing. Disproving argumentations isn't a wrongdoing (especially ridiculous argumentations such as 'rape is carried out using sex therefore sex is rape').

This does not mean that I will certainly not be banned within 72 hours, but it would be because of phony moderation if this were to happen and not because of any wrongdoings I might have committed. In fact, I think people like Quilford are being more misogynistic in this thread than, say, me, by only capitalizing on women's weaknesses and not their strengths (though luckily he has apologized for this oversight).

2. This thread is not about 'sides', it is about sharing hilarious and/or ridiculous ''''feminist'''' articles and amusing ourselves in the process and having fruitful discussions. If you look at several people in this thread you see that we have succeeded quite well in this. I thank, among others, Who and Brandi for their excellent contributions. Kudos !

3. Dear Mina,

Most thread titles do not include dots. I have taken a survey of the top few GD threads (say the first 20). Of these,
none
end with a dot. Two end with a question mark, three end with parentheses and one ends with a smiley. Because ending a thread title with a dot is not aesthetically pleasing nor common practice, I have decided against it.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently with this message.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Oman »

Pretty disappointed this is on the GD page of the site.

If anyone were to associate myself with this opinion, I'd be kind of bothered.

Yes there are extremists, on both sides. Yes the more extreme people get the a) more likely they are to get vocal, and b) the more laughable you find their arguments if you don't agree with them.

Deep breath, hope that people don't think sirdanilot represents me, move on.

In there somewhere, perhaps be upset that dan used to be better than this.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Korts »

In post 53, sirdanilot wrote:Quilford, so you say that

a) it's right to assume, until proven otherwise, that all muslims are terrorists, all men are rapists and all mexicans are illegal
b) the burden of proof to disprove this lies with said muslims, men, mexicans (and in extension other 'potentially dangerous' groups)
c) this is not a case of institutionalized racism/sexism/misandry/etc. but a completely normal state of affairs that should be encouraged

?

If this is the case then I think your (and also the author of the second article's) view do not belong in this thread or on mafiascum. Such pernicious thinking should be eradicated (hey psyche I used your word !).

neither racial or gender-based profiling is right, no

but that doesn't change the fact that it happens

the difference between the two is that women face the very real danger of sexual violence at much higher rates than either muslim terrorism or those damn mexicans taking "our" jobs

their suspicions are regularly reinforced by actual harassment

it may not be right that they think you might not have the best of intentions

but they have every right to that thought and it is your responsibility to change their mind

respect boundaries whether or not you understand why they exist
scumchat never die
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Korts I wish I had a tracker for every time you posted. It's always worth reading.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Oman »

In post 58, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Korts I wish I had a tracker for every time you posted. It's always worth reading.

Dis is for you:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?k ... mit=Search
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 56, Oman wrote:dan used to be better than this.

Please no trolling.
To be clear: quack
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 am

Post by sirdanilot »

In post 56, Oman wrote:

What opinion exactly? I don't think I've stated
any
opinion here, other than 'these articles and the argumentations in them are ridiculous/hilarious'.

Heck I haven't even said FEMINISM
an sich
is ridiculous/hilarious. It isn't. There are very valid aspects that are addressed by feminism, such as outlined in this article.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 am

Post by sirdanilot »

In post 57, Korts wrote:
(1)neither racial or gender-based profiling is right, no

but that doesn't change the fact that it happens

(2)the difference between the two is that women face the very real danger of sexual violence at much higher rates than either muslim terrorism or those damn mexicans taking "our" jobs

their suspicions are regularly reinforced by actual harassment

(3)it may not be right that they think you might not have the best of intentions

but they have every right to that thought (4)and it is your responsibility to change their mind

respect boundaries whether or not you understand why they exist

1. Then why on earth are you propagating to ACTIVELY do this (together with Quilford and the author of the 'tell women you're not gonna rape them' article)? If it's not okay, it's one thing to accept it still happens but it's another thing to actively do it yourself.
2. What is the criteria here? Are we to establish what percentage of, to give another example, *foreign group X* has some kind of pernicious characteristic (for example they are criminal) and then compare this to the percentage of males that are rapists? I am pretty sure you will find many examples of foreign groups in certain countries with a higher rate of criminality than whatever the percentage of rapists is in that given country. By your criteria, then, it would be valid to force such a group to assure everyone they meet that they aren't criminal.

It's a complicated sentence but I'm sure you'll figure it out !

3. Oh they have every right to that thought. But here is where you go wrong:
4. NOPE ! It's not my responsibility. Just like it's not *foreign group X*'s responsibility to assure everyone of the fact they aren't criminal.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Korts »

hey hey hey i'm not asking anyone to think of men as potential rapists and neither is quilford or the author of the article

we're saying that this already happens

and we're proposing a mode of behavior that puts everyone involved at ease

so there are these people who are scared of you. getting angry at them for not having a tangible reason to be scared will only make them more scared, dude

do you want them not to have this irrational fear? no? okay, carry on.
scumchat never die
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 42, sirdanilot wrote:a legit argumentation

green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 55, sirdanilot wrote:Disproving argumentations

green shirt thursdays
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:32 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 46, Quilford wrote:
In post 39, Svenskt Stål wrote:
In post 35, Quilford wrote:
In post 32, Svenskt Stål wrote:it feels so fucking good to be apart of the men gender when there is such hate towards us.

fucking lol, get better at life femmes.

lol yeah i'm sure women would feel so fucking good to be apart of the female gender when there is such hate towards them

except that men are generally physically stronger than women and can threaten actual violence along with their hate

get better at life svenskt

Yes, our physical dominance is the main reason for our superiority in chess, horse jumping and shooting stuff with a rifles.

It has nothing to do with parents crippleing their daughters by raising them as princesses.

Strength, power and muscle mass
Typically, males are physically stronger than females.
The difference is due to females having less total muscle mass than males, and also having lower muscle mass in comparison to total body mass. While individual muscle fibers have similar strength, males have more fibers due to their greater total muscle mass. The
greater muscle mass of males is in turn due to a greater capacity for muscular hypertrophy as a result of men's higher levels of testosterone. Males remain stronger than females, when adjusting for differences in total body mass.
This is due to the higher male muscle-mass to body-mass ratio.[11]
Females tend to convert more food into fat, while men convert more into muscle and expendable circulating energy reserves.

Gross measures of body strength suggest a
40-50% difference in upper body strength between the sexes
, and a
20-30% difference in lower body strength.
[12][13]
One study of muscle strength in the elbows and knees—in 45 and older males and females—found the strength of females to range from 42 to 63% of male strength.[14] Another study found men to have significantly higher hand-grip strength than women, even when comparing untrained men with female athletes.
[15] Differences in width of arm, thighs and calves also increase during puberty.

educate yourself.

if they so chose, most men could do whatever they liked with most women. you may know yourself that you would never sexually assault another woman, but the woman walking past you late at night down the empty street doesn't know that. she is not personally indicting you if she crosses to the other side of the road, or walks a little faster. but if you are upset by that, you should not be upset with the woman herself: you should be upset with the fact that sexual assault has not been eradicated.

saying 'women are weak princesses and if they got stronger then they wouldn't be raped' is not only proposing something that is probably untrue just in physiological terms, as the science above demonstrates, but the equivalent of any other form of victim blaming, such as 'maybe if she didn't dress like a slut...' or 'maybe if she hadn't left her drink unattended...' no. she shouldn't have been raped, full stop, because rape is wrong.

hwow do you feel abt the fact that a woman who puts in any time at all into a resistance training regimen will be physically stronger than boys who dont which is a p big chunk of boys?
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:34 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 50, Mina wrote:Quilford.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Take solace in the fact that he's going to be banned sometime within the next seventy-two hours.

Remember that 90% of the people reading this thread are mostly on your side. They just aren't posting about it, because, you know,
sirdanilot

Instead, I think the really crucial thing to take away from this thread is that the title is supposed to be a complete sentence, and yet there's no period at the end. What the fuck? How can anyone fail this badly at thread titles?

i dont think dans trolling? its p clear he is the 1 being trolled by a lot of these posts. it will be pretty fucking sad if he gets banned for attempting to have a civilized discussion about extremist feminist views
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 18, Who wrote:By the logic of the first article, in America: Every Muslim/person who looks as if they might be muslim should go out of their way to make it clear to everyone they see that they are not a terrorist. Every Mexican/person who looks as if they might be Mexican should make it clear to everyone they see that they are not an illegal immigrant.

lol
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:38 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 56, Oman wrote:Pretty disappointed this is on the GD page of the site.

Yes there are extremists, on both sides. Yes the more extreme people get the a) more likely they are to get vocal, and b) the more laughable you find their arguments if you don't agree with them.

Deep breath, hope that people don't think sirdanilot represents me, move on.

In there somewhere, perhaps be upset that dan used to be better than this.

yah we better be careful or people will think mafiascum is the next stormfront! yikes!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Korts »

one more time

rape culture (which is a broader spectrum of things than just rape) exists at the expense of women, and its enforcers are men, whether actively or just by way of not doing anything against it

you may not think you are one of those men, but others might. men who are one of those men don't have any special distinguishing features by which to be identified

it may offend you that you are being silently judged but that's going to happen whether or not you want it to, but

i really hope it also offends you that women are still exposed to harassment on such a level that they would feel threatened by men at large

because that latter part is the more important bit, and the bit that we - quilford, the author, and i, among others - are trying to change

because hey

if you don't want to change that

then fuck you
Last edited by Korts on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumchat never die
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Holy crap that PIV article is pretty insane though.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

fucking lol korts.

you suck on a galctic level bro.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 am

Post by sirdanilot »

^ Dear Kanye,

Now that is a very excellent point. Indeed women aren't as powerless as *****SOME***** in this thread want us to believe (coughquilfordcough). Apparently women can actually DO something, unlike what *****SOME***** here believe !

I find the misogynistic attitudes of *****SOME***** here quite appalling really

In post 63, Korts wrote:hey hey hey i'm not asking anyone to think of men as potential rapists and neither is quilford or the author of the article

Basically yes you all are. Basically you are asking MEN THEMSELVES TO THINK OF THEMSELVES AS RAPISTS (and feel guilty about it !). And propagating women to think of men as rapists (who may or may not already believe that men are rapists).

we're saying that this already happens

Again, accepting that something already happens =/= actively propagating something.

and we're proposing a mode of behavior that puts everyone involved at ease

It does not put me at ease to think of all males as rapists (also not to think of myself as a rapist). And to be honest it's not going to put women at ease either really (which is the entire purpose).

so there are these people who are scared of you. getting angry at them for not having a tangible reason to be scared will only make them more scared, dude

No of course getting angry is stupid. By getting angry at someone of course you're making them scared. Anyone and their mother knows that.
But not getting angry =/= actively assuring every woman you meet of the fact that you aren't going to rape them. If someone asks me not to get angry and that's all then yes I'll oblige.

do you want them not to have this irrational fear? no? okay, carry on.

Is it
my responsibility
that women think of me as a rapist, or: is it a foreigners responsibility that everyone sees them as criminals? No. That's institutionalized sexism/racism/whateverism right there. And you are ACTIVELY PROPAGATING THIS INSTITUTIONALIZED ISM.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Korts »

i feel like we're not getting anywhere

i shouldn't have expected anything other than reactionary narrow-mindedness from you

sorry for trying, everyone
scumchat never die

Return to “General Discussion”