mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate kanyeknowsbest for Paragon of Mafia Hunters
(Or perhaps
Most Memorable Moment
, though Paragon's more applicable in my opinion.)

Not only did he nail every single scum in kdub's Mobile Suit Gundam SEED game...but he
also
pulled a
picture-perfect Hoopla gambit
. He fakeclaimed PGO to avoid the nightkill (and did so successfully!) and got the final scum to admit to being scum. (Although, as mentioned, he was already fairly certain of it anyway.) To put it another way, the game would have assuredly not been a town win if not for him playing his cards EXACTLY right.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 47, Belisarius wrote:Even if Kanye does nothing for the rest of 2014 doing nothing but posting cat macros, I'd still count this one game as reason enough to disregard the rest.
Let's face it, kanye's enough of a badass that he could probably lynch entire scumteams just from posting cat macros anyway. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 77, RedCoyote wrote:
Nominate VictorDeAngelo for Rising Star for NG 1479: Somebody's Gonna Die!

A very smart, coordinated effort by this scumteam led to a perfect victory. Victor was active in the game throughout, and he was able to feign passion and scumhunting at will. He never drew much suspicion, and he never exceeded more than 2 votes on his wagon (in fact, was never voted after D1). The scumteam shot the only town PR on the first night. I was thoroughly impressed.
Oh, yes. Yes. I know Vic's towngame, too; I can tell you as the scum IC from his first towngame, he's good.
Second

This guy's got an excellent future ahead of him. I've seen his talent, and feared it as scum with him as town. He's charismatic and sharp. He's one of the best new players I've seen in quite a while, and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing him play more in the future, for he has gone far already and has the potential to go much further yet.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 97, pieguyn wrote:
nominate displaced for Best Replacement

this guy replaced into a mislynch slot at 6p MYLO in Attack on Titan and proceeded to peg the fuck out of the scumteam. the game was up in the air at that point but he replaced in and quickly made a bunch of decisive arguments for BRO scum in 4p MYLO that were pretty much quick and painless. he didn't even have to do anything ridiculous to get the lynch, he just walked in and started owning it. there's a very good chance town would have lost this otherwise, but him replacing in here pretty much sealed the fate of a town win.
Oh, yes.

Second.

And speaking of re-nomming Attack on Titan:
Re-Nominante the town of Attack on Titan for best performance: Town
I said it the first time and I'll say it again the second time. Don't let the fact that the game came to 4p mylo fool you. The town in this game was always. ALWAYS. Ahead of the scum the entire game. We were playing catch-up to them. We managed to get to 4p mylo mainly through a combination of skilled scumplay and pure sheer luck, not because of town incompetence. Throughout the entire game? The town was filled with players who knew each other to be town
and
didn't
get paranoid about it
, a large key in their ultimate success.

If you look at the D1 wagons? All three lead wagons were on scum. We were being steamrolled. And that pressure never was let up on. The town did manage to mislynch a few times, but each of those mislynches ended up cornering the scum even further, costing them something. The town was basically in control for the entirety of the game, with few weak links and many, MANY strong ones. This was a town that I was glad to have lost to, since it was a town that really put their best feet forward.

Re-nominate Attack on Titan for Game of the Year
In spite of the town ultimately winning and being the team that ultimately deserved it the most...this was not a case of an incompetent scumteam. This was not a case of a rock-solid town against a scumteam that was only mediocre. This was a case of a QUITE strong scumteam butting heads against a town that just so happened to be slightly stronger at the end. It was a close game, because the scum managed to play solidly. They went from being all three of the lead wagons D1 to getting a mislynch, and then another mislynch D2.

All-in-all, it was a game where either side could have won. The town pulled through and earned that victory, but the scumteam put up a DANG-good fight. It was not a win given to them. It was a win that they had to battle their way into. So both teams played immensely well. In addition to that, the game was insanely fun to play in, too. I said it back then, and it's still true right now. So far, there hasn't been a single game thusfar in the year that I've enjoyed more than Attack on Titan, and I was proud to have played that game even though I didn't win.

It was a great game all-around. Excellent roles, interacting well, with an interesting mechanic. Nice flavor, too. Decently-solid modding. Plus a ton of simple, good play. There may have been some tension, and neither side played an absolutely perfect game...but both sides played an amazingly-strong, beautiful game and it really, really must be read to be believed.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate AGar for Community Contributor
, for his continued work in this thread. Things that he is spending the time doing and gathering could have a significantly positive influence on the site, and he basically re-kicked that thread into high gear.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate Venmar for Best Mutation for the two-game combination of Left 4 Dead and Walking Dead

Both games were zombie-themed, featuring a similar mechanic. Each night, a zombie horde would attack and eat a player, acting as a vig. How the horde was handled each game differed by the theme (with it being more random when both town and scum were zombies, appropriately enough, and being controlled by the town more when the town was zombies against scum humans who had none over it), but the mechanic basically remained the same both games. In addition to the actual mechanic, the idea of 'herders' was a brilliant role that added to it, with herders in each game acting to give direction to the horde beyond the otherwise-random kills. Additionally, the role of baiter (a zombie-bodyguard drawing the horde onto yourself the first game and a zombie-doctor removing a player from the list of nom candidates the second game) was another brilliant addition to the mechanic.

It was highly-innovative, highly-original, and has a HUGE amount of potential, which once understood properly, made it insanely fun to see. It never quite got full usage, but that was partly design, in that the mechanic was there, but was always intentionally not meant to be THE driving force behind the game, and it never was. So it was there, contributing, but never overwhelming. It added a lot of interesting dynamics to how both town and scum thought in both games, and overall, was an absolute blast to play.

I don't think I've really seen any other game so far this year that has quite integrated together a new mechanic and roles associated as well as Venmar did with these two games. He deserves every bit of recognition he can get for this highly-innovative, original idea.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, and speaking of Left 4 Dead...

Nominate Left 4 Dead for Game of the Year

This game ultimately ended up surpassing even Attack on Titan for me in terms of enjoyment by the end. It was an absolute, entire, utter blast to play in. Extremely skilled, lethal scum players, executing an audacious plan (that actually worked!) made it really, really fun to engage in at the time, as the town tried to figure out what was going on. But the town was no slouch, either (thus one reason the scum's plan was cooked up in the first place!), and they were all highly-skilled players who were playing a fairly effective game. Both sides played strongly, and the fun continued even into the dead thread, featuring plenty of trolling and when a spoilered dead QT went up, plenty of, "They did WHAT now?!?" reactions.

...Plus, it's not every day that you get to see Mastin claim scum, in-thread, and troll for the entire rest of the day phase. Fun to play, fun to watch, just overall fun to have been in. Great mechanic, great players, not really a lot of drama, a healthy dose of confusion, and an overall fairly healthy game environment. It was a very good game to play in, and one of the best possible rematches for the Walking Dead crowd.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Wed May 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 113, Venmar wrote:
In post 108, xRECKONERx wrote:Wasn't Walking Dead already nominated for last year's Best Mutation category?

p.edit: Yeah, Walking Dead isn't eligible for consideration
It was, though L4D is still viable, don't know why Mastin decided to mention both?
I mentioned Walking Dead mainly as a reference FOR Left 4 Dead, to compare the mechanics. The nom's for L4D.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #128 (isolation #8) » Mon May 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate Svenskt Stal for Don Corelone

There's no specific game I have in mind. Just in general, Sven is a badass scum player. Every game I've seen him be scum in, he's managed to do extraordinarily well in. His grip on scum tactics during the night phase isn't the strongest, but he is an absolute MASTER at looking town...even in a town filled with players who have seen him play scum before! Every time I've seen him as scum, at least one player will comment along the lines of, "This isn't the Sven from *previous Sven scumgame*, among other reasons, so I think town", but it's not simple meta manipulation; the dude just has a way of looking really, REALLY town when he's scum.

Most recently, you can see it in Left 4 Dead, but I'm sure there are a ton of other examples. Anything Goes and Amnesiac Mafia seem to be frequently-cited games, for instance.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Tue May 13, 2014 6:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 132, Desperado wrote:
In post 128, mastin2 wrote:Most recently, you can see it in Left 4 Dead, but I'm sure there are a ton of other examples. Anything Goes and Amnesiac Mafia seem to be frequently-cited games, for instance.
he got fucking modkilled in AG, are you shitting me?
The modkill wasn't for anything he did in the game--it was for something meant as a joke outside the game, which was judged to be for the game (and thus, bringing outside influences into the game) even though it was incredibly ambiguous and not a call that was clean-cut. My understanding is, essentially, that he started a thread about who you'd nightkill as scum, when he was scum during the night of Anything Goes. And that it was interpreted as being for Anything Goes, rather than a joke.

Look at his PLAY in Anything Goes. There's a reason why he was the outlier in AFB's god-reads; he was playing such a strong game that nearly nobody had him caught, and even those that suspected him didn't have him near the top. That was true up to and including the time when he was modkilled. If he hadn't been modkilled, we would have won that game a day earlier. And it continued to be true in other games he's been in, L4D among them: he might be suspected by a few (especially later in the game via POE and his chosen claim), but for the majority of the game was MASSIVELY considered town by the majority of players.

So yes, I am serious.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

Point of clarity: I did say "my understanding" for a reason; my memory isn't the greatest and I never read it in detail. I remember essentially a conversation of, "What was the Sven modkill for, anyway?", the mods explaining it, and the majority of the reaction being, "Eh, I can see why the call was made, but I don't think it was that clear-cut." (Point of clarity two, I'm not sure if the right word for the thread was "joke", again because I don't remember it that well.)
In post 134, Faraday wrote:Citing [Anything Goes] as a good example is p lol, tho.
Putting aside the debate about the modkill/thread, though, it IS a good example, off of his play. His dayplay was amazingly good, both in that game and in all scumgames since and some before then that I've seen and heard about. I don't think there's a better player at looking town when scum than Sven. Sure, yeah, there are scum players who are VERY good at it and competent in other areas, too, but Sven is much stronger in that area than I've seen from others, and is no slouch when it comes to other areas, either.
In post 140, Untrod Tripod wrote:His actions were against his wincon.
His actions outside the game, potentially (and even probably) accidentally. Not inside. Inside the game, he was playing a top-notch gameplay during the day.
In post 143, Tierce wrote:Undersigning UT here, and adding that it sure is a joy to have to make a call on whether an MD thread is a "joke" or an actual reference to an ongoing game. You think it's ambiguous? Now imagine being on the team who has to make a call on whether to nuke something like that from orbit or not.
I'm not trying to start a debate about the validity of a months-old modkill or attack the people who made the decision, here. It happened; the call was made. However, my point is that discarding a good scumgame because of a modkill that was for something outside the scumgame shouldn't be the case, when it was not clear-cut. I have no doubts it was a hard decision. But that's the thing--if it was an easy decision, then it'd be clear-cut, and the fact that it wasn't an easy decision by its very nature means that it wasn't clear-cut (thus, ambiguous). Not sure how that logic isn't clear.

The decision was made. I understand the logic behind why the decision was made. I know the logic behind why the decision was made. But the nomination is
not
about the decision being made. In this case, it's about intent. (Purposefully made to get advice about a situation you're in vs. not having intended it, but the risk being there.) If Sven did not intend harm, then he did not mean harm, and thus, he should not have the game disqualified because of it. The risk of harm was there--thus the eventual modkill. But I feel the game should not be discarded off of a mistake that was innocently made (there's a reason I ask mods about writing MD articles that use content from a current game, generally--it's specifically to avoid this, but I'm paranoid about it and someone less paranoid can make the error), even if said mistake resulted in a modkill, because it was a mistake that was not inside the game and the nomination is for something that is explicitly for inside the game.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #195 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5944179#p5944179]post 183[/url], Cabd wrote:
Nominate the scumteam of "Tales of You" for best scum team performance.

Their game is best described as "Find every player correctly scumreading any of us, and mislynch them, because killing them at night would be too easy."

Overcoming several blatant scumslips, an incriminating night result, and general player POE in the end, they got there with only one scum lynch, one that was engineered to seal the game for them with a resulting chain mislynch.
Another begrunding
Nth
. Cabd basically gets to the heart of the matter.

The town was filled with competent town players. None of them weak, all of them fairly strong. And it's not like they were playing badly. (Well, aside from the hostility...which was largely engineered by the scumteam anyway.) The cop/tracker targeted scum N2. There were multiple town roles that used their roles perfectly and landed on scum. The scum got close to being lynched on D1, multiple times, and at any time, if they didn't act as a team, a lynch on them could have gone through. But by saving each other, they managed to keep things together. They threw up exactly the right notes needed to cover their tracks, and placed all the pieces into place.

The town that game put on some enormously strong performances...but the scum managed to overcome these, or if not, work around them to plant paranoia exactly where it needed to be and to break the town's chain. Which they did. Soundingly. Because while the town had a sliver of a chance in lylo, it didn't last long at all because they managed to smooth-talk their way out, and had a backup plan just in case (that was highly-likely to work) it didn't end up panning out.

Strong teamwork. Strong decision-making. Strong dayplay. Shutting down town players. And like Cabd said. Nearly every single mislynch was on a player who had them figured out or was close to figuring them out. That's generally not something hard to do for one or maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe two players, but they were able to CONSISTENTLY pull it off every time. There were no weak links on that scumteam. Just a bunch of strong links in different ways, which rather than contradicting one another, ended up augmenting and enhancing all of them.

They were one step ahead of the town the entire time, able to control the flow of the game perfectly and create the results they wished to.
(Still bitter, though. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 200, Scummies wrote:
In post 198, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Nominate N for Smooth Operator
Just a small note and reminder, this award is no longer called or known as "Smooth Operator", and rather as "The Modfather", for all future references.
That's a stupid-ass idea, it's still totally smooth operator, moddammit. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #204 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 203, Prof Fridays wrote:
Nom: Mastin2 for Most Cunning Manipulator from Left 4 Dead Mafia
Nom: ActionDan, Majiffy, Svenskt Stål, Mastin2, Rubicon for Best Scum Team from Left 4 Dead Mafia

I mean, I suppose I'm a bit new and perhaps haven't seen it all, but I've seen some crazy shenanigans, and I am
really
impressed with how Mastin2 had such a knowledge and command of her own meta that she was able to manipulate it in such a way that things would fall into place for scum like that. Dayum. I think one of the toughest things is to break the mold once people have a handle on what makes you tick, and rather than attempting to
break
the mold, Mastin2
used
people's expectations to further her team
even after death.
And you have to give credit to the rest of the scum team for executing the plan with almost artful brilliance.

Mastin2 sums everything up pretty well in the last couple pages of the mafia thread.
<3
Really, really means something to me that someone outside the game thought it was impressive.

Butyeah, I had an awesome scumteam. (Obviously, I can't nom them myself. But were I to not be a member of their scumteam, I would be nomming them all the same.) In particular...Rubicon picked up on my plan and did the same thing I did, rolling over and dieing. Majiffy played that game pretty much explicitly with a mindset of "What would Mastin do?", tailoring his dayplay to survival and directing the flow as I would during the night. Sven did a really, REALLY good job of making himself be obvtown (as scum) as well, and ActionDan served as the support for our scumteam: helping to contribute and refine things when the need to smooth out gaps was there, while posting just enough to not have attention drawn onto him--resulting in town players bickering with one another. The scum let the divide in the town happen. In lylo, I forget the exact combinations of scumteams, but my memory tells me that every single one had a town name in the mix, in that there was no player who had all three as the scumteam, and a fair number of the town barely had one. That's how strong they played that game.

(Though, as an aside, saying my posting was 'summarizing' is...a little bit of an overstatement, given the length of it. :P A bit long; the central part that's not me can be found above; the central part that IS me is something I'm planning to write an MD article about, essentially showing "how I did it".)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Second

Dude's a total badass.

You're scum?
He figures it out.
You're third party?
He somehow still figures it out.
You're town? He'll defend you to the death. (Literally.)

He's a VERY strong scumhunter, who is INCREDIBLY good at scumhunting. When I'm scum, he tops my nightkill charts every game, surpassing even AngryPidgeon in that regard. You could say that--regardless of his performance thusfar in a day--he is a policy night-kill as a result, because killing him (even if he's got scumreads on him) is so immensely pro-scum that it's worth whatever cost may come from it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #227 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate Prof Fridays for Rising Star
In large part thanks to some pretty dang amazing scumplay in zoraster's Event Card Mafia, his first game on the site from my understanding. Though he didn't ultimately win the game, he faced what was basically a no-win scenario: 15v1, all his scumbuddies eliminated early in the game, and a lot of the town's power still alive, in a game that had heavy mechanics. (I'm not sure zoraster's eligible for a Scummy, but if he is, I'll write/support a nom for him as a mod for that, btw.) He kept going, and was amazingly town. That it got down to 5 players (one day from lylo) really shows how skilled he is a scum player, whose future on the site looks really, really bright. He's already integrating into the site, and doing so quite well, showing an instinctive talent for playing.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #319 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 288, Metal Sonic wrote:
Nominating Organic Chemistry for
Most Memorable Moment

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54597
Sonic's wording might not be great, but the nomination I assure you is. Let's run some math, shall we? 11 alive, four scum.

The chances of a tracker correctly tracking the correct scum to the nightkill? 1/10. As said in the game thread, tracker is not a very strong town role, because you NOT ONLY have to track scum, but ALSO the CORRECT scum.
9 alive, three scum. Chances of the tracker correctly tracking the correct scum to the nightkill? 1/8.
7 alive, two scum. Chances of the tracker correctly tracking the correct scum to the nightkill? 1/6.

Chances of that happening THREE TIMES IN A ROW?

.21%. Not 21%. POINT 21%. As in, 1/480. The odds were astronomically low, and yet, everything lined up JUST perfectly enough to make it happen. Scum send a different player, town tracking a different player, if any single factor was altered, those results wouldn't have been possible. And yet, there they were. Astronomically-low odds, with everything happening consecutively, one falling after another. It was really the turning point in the game.

So,
Second

Oh, and
Nominate that same game for Game of the Year

Both sides played solidly. Town had basically spot-on usage of their town PRs. The tracker above is one example, sure, yeah, but throughout the whole game, they had rather good usage of the inventions in the game. Furthermore, while they ultimately used roles to turn the game around, the simple fact is that a lot of the town players had really good reads. (Especially after D1.) The only reason it took so long for them to win? Because the scum played a really, really, REALLY solid game. Metal Sonic was in top form, coaching his scumteam the entire time. pirate mollie, ZZZX, and PeregrineV all did awesomely. Heck, that all D1 wagons were all-town shows how well they managed to subvert VCA. They played a solid day game and a decent night game, just as the town played a decent day game and a solid night game. The game easily could have gone either way at multiple points in the game, and was a real thrill ride. Solid modding by Antihero, too, with a fun, innovative, yet simple setup, and really informative with the flavor. Can't really ask for more in a game.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #346 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 334, Fat_Tony wrote:
Second,
although for a different game which AP and I were both in. Mini 1584, I'm horrible at links. Town, led (with an iron rod) by zMuffin, successfully killed both of Red team in an 8-2-2 with 3 town masons (Muffin, Aneninen, and MDD (NK'd N1)). He then had both me and Elyse (Blue team) pegged on D4 (or at least would have had us doomed on D5) with some sweet fakeclaim baiting that would have worked but for an unfortunate slip by the only VT (AP) who was, like everyone, assuming there was only a SK and town had a ML to spare.
zMuffin is some sort of terrifying Mafia savant and I never want to be scum in a game with him again because it makes me do problems in my undergarments.
Oi!

I already seconded this months ago.

Still support it, obv; dude's still a badass mafia god.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #402 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 398, Titus wrote:
Nom: SKOT, Best Performance in Town Loss- Game Ikarga Mafia (Large Theme)
Since you can't nominate a player for a scummy that doesn't exist, yet, how about going for one that does?

Nominate sharpest-knife-on-tree for Rising Star
, in part because of the aforementioned game, but also SKOT's growing body of work. When SKOT devotes himself to a game, it really, really shows. He's not among the best scumhunters on the site right now, but if he continues improving, he could be. Ikaruga is just the latest. Marvel's Avengers is another great example of him playing well.

He's also no slouch as scum. He can live past what most would think of being his expiration date, like he did in The Wire, and he managed to win X-Men: Age of Apocalpse, endgaming the town, with some solidly decent play. No matter how much others might call him scum, he's surprisingly good at living in spite of that.

And I think that's actually the core of the award: he's clearly got some room to grow, but he
is
growing, noticeably so, and doing great things.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #509 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I will throw in an
Nth
for Kagami.
I'm sure I could link to any number of various games, but the simple fact is that when town, Kagami is a force to be reckoned with, often correctly pegging multiple scum before any other member of the town so much as suspects them, AND predicting events in the game well before they happen. Kagami is also incredibly good at gamebreaking, which makes Kag an all-around strong town player...yet where Kagami seems to truly shine is in manipulating Kag's scumgame. A notable factor is that Kagami was scum in both Inu-Yasha AND Serums & Steel, at the same time, and yet Kagami's play in the two games (in spite of being the secret scum faction both times) was nothing alike. Kagami has the ability to accurately pin down the town and avoid large suspicion when doing so, basically being the dictating force behind a scumteam that carries them to their inevitable win.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #519 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

<3
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #565 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate the town of Duck Tales Mafia for
Best Performance: Town

Read the game.
Scumlynch D1.
Scumlynch D3.
Scumlynch D4.

Why no scumlynch D2? ONLY because town got modkilled. Had it not been for that, fairly good chance that'd be D2 and D3.

Pretty much speaks for itself.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #569 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Still the scummies thread.
It's eligible for either 2014 or 2015. If not 2014, then it's eligible for 2015 but lacking a 2015 thread...here's the place to post it, no? At least the 2013 thread was for 2014 noms.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #571 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 565, mastin2 wrote:that means a town slot getting modkilled has nothing to do with the quality of the town's play?
Okay. Let's say scum were on the ropes D2.
ONE town player does something stupid and gets modkilled. (Said town player, by the way, was otherwise playing well and it was a rule that I personally disagree with in the first place even though I understand the reasoning, so while the modkill was justified by the rules it is not too large a slate on their record, but I digress.)
Instead of scum being lynched D2, you get a modkill on town D2, on a day that otherwise would almost certainly have been a scum lynch, but there's no way to know because the modkill happened.

Make more sense now?

The point is, the town played a VERY strong game. There was one little hiccup, which was one town player's fault on one little thing that caused the modkill, but otherwise it was a clean sweep. Mostly based off of play, without help from PRs, even though the PRs played optimally basically every night. (They just were a nonfactor given scum's actions.)
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”