Updates from a Failing Democracy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
BlackPawn14
BlackPawn14
Goon
BlackPawn14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 am

Post by BlackPawn14 »

I would like that around here too!
Except the current strongest opposition party is even worse than the governing coalition. So it might not be a good thing after all...
BlackPawn14
BlackPawn14
Goon
BlackPawn14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by BlackPawn14 »

@Vi: Well, I think that may happen for any non-ideologically-driven party/group. Once they're in power, they'll just want to stay in it, since they don't actually have an idea on what they want to do with said power. Some guy tried to do that in my country, but messed up and couldn't modify the constitution enough to stay in power.
Regarding my other post in this thread, I reread it and it sounded a lot more stupid than what I thought (almost like I wanted a dictatorship... and I don't). The point is, in my country, the two dominant "parties" (one party is made of a bunch of parties that just want to stay in power, the other one basically follows the guy mentioned above) are kinda shitty.
BlackPawn14
BlackPawn14
Goon
BlackPawn14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by BlackPawn14 »

I mean that, when a governing party actually has an idea of what they want the country to become, they can just do that and leave the government after they're done. When they don't, they just want to keep the power.
The Sauds aren't trying to perpetuate themselves as rulers; they're already perpetuated rulers. And they know that if they want to stay they have to keep the country prosper.

Return to “General Discussion”