Let's Play X-Com: Enemy Within!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

X-COM APPLICATION
Name: RC
Race: White
Hair: Mod's choice/randomize it
Hair Color: Mod's choice/randomize it
Facial Hair: Mod's choice/randomize it
Armor Tint: Red
Why I Should Hire YOU: I'm from Texas... I'll bring my own guns!

I played Enemy Unknown and liked it a lot... is it worth it to get Enemy Within?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 8, Gammagooey wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
I played Enemy Unknown and liked it a lot... is it worth it to get Enemy Within?

depends what you liked about it

if you really liked specializing your troops to have specific roles or to be individual characters then probably yes because $20 isnt bad and MEC suits are REALLY fun to use IMO+you get tons more soldier customization with the Training Roulette option from second wave

If you liked the special council missions or dealing with the surprises of new aliens then eeeeh. There ARE a few really good new missions and a new alien type added but it feels mostly the same and the overall story arc is almost identical aside from those few extra missions+dealing with EXALT as a kind of optional thing (basically they just do shitty things like raise panic or steal your money periodically, eliminating them makes that stop happening but you can just pretty much ignore them and try to get through the main missions relatively quickly so they don't have much effect if you so choose)

You might want to consider getting Enemy Within and downloading the Long War mod though (http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?)- I haven't tried it yet but it adds a lot of new campaign stuff, reworks panic and losing countries, and adds a TON of other stuff like 4 new soldier classes, new weapons, and has the long-term strategy stuff work a lot differently. It sounds really good and I'm almost definitely going to give it a try after I've had some time to play Enemy Within without it for a while.

So you would consider it to be more an add-on or expansion pack, as it were?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

*takes a shot for O'Neil*

Poor thing never had a chance...

Vote A and B.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I change my vote to Alien Materials... survival is more important than research this game. :mrgreen:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

AD, hate to break it to you, but the black guy always dies first. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 49, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 47, Gammagooey wrote:Reck: WHAT KIND OF SHIT GUN IS THIS GAMMA

Gamma: SHUT UP RECK

I'm dying

This was my favorite part, too, lol.

I'm in love with the name Maximilian, too. It sounds so boss.

I can dig support. Very versatile depending on how Gamma wants to use me. I can run up and shotgun some aliens in the face, or hang back with lots of overwatching and lots of healing!

Man, this makes me want to play some X-COM real bad.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I thought so... it's been a while since I've played. I seem to recall outfitting one of my supports with one and using that double time perk or whatever it's called to run up ahead of everyone and blast some x-rays in the face.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Classic can be brutal, pardner.

*eats a fortune cookie for Zhou*
*does something-related-to-GoT for Stark*

Reck and RC will avenge you...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You better not have sent me stumbling into laserfire in your drunken stupor, Commander. I'll haunt your ass for that, I tell you what.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'll come watch you for a while, Gams. You know, just to make sure you don't send me to my death and all. :]
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Where is everyone? Exciting stuff you're missing!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

All I'm going to say is...
Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible! Rating: Terrible!

<3 Gamma
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It was horrible... the thin men... the thin men!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Not thin mints, Sudo... thin men!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

X-COM APPLICATION
Name: Red
Race: White
Hair: No preference/mod's choice
Hair Color: No preference/mod's choice
Facial Hair: No preference/mod's choice
Armor Tint: red
Why I Should Hire YOU: because you killed me, you son of a bitch.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Experimental Warfare
!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 190, KingdomAces wrote:The streams are so lonely, where is everyone?

We ought to advertise it on 4chan or reddit or something, lol. I'll come next time if I see it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Stream is offline?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Stream is ONLINE. Why are you not watching?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Gamma got an insane 8/9 overwatch shots hitting in his last mission. I've never seen such a thing!

I agree with finding another research before Arc Thrower then. Probably one of the autopsies. Floater seems best based on what KA just posted.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Gamma?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I vote nav computer then!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, it will just be me and you then, lol.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

feirei come watch the stream with us
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fun stream this week! Lots of drama. :)

Rating: Terrible!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I might be around this evening, Gamma/KA, if I remember.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Are you streaming tonight?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Gamma, are you streaming today?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, buddy. I'll be there if this dumb hotel doesn't kick me off their WiFi.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Exalt was going after Gamma pretty hard last night! I had to leave about halfway through, but it wasn't looking too good! D:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Time to start a new game, Gamma. :D

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”