Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Dr Pants »

you commented on Pasche's Shiryu vote as well. Was there anything about that wagon that stood out to you? What do you think about Majiffy continuing to push it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 156, Dr Pants wrote:Why the early tunnel though? If you have a problem with me and think you can build an argument then that's one thing. But you've ignored entire other parts of the game so far just to focus on me, and my thoughts can be all over the place.

What part of the game do you think I have ignored?
Also, obviously I think I can get a wagon on you - that's what I'm doing.

In post 156, Dr Pants wrote:What do you think of the Shiryu wagon? Or the fact that Majiffy is still seriously pushing it?

The Shiryu wagon is fine,a nd I find some of Majiffy's reasoning suspect (hence why I called him scum earlier) but he is not scum for pushing a wagon - pushing a wagon early is a town or null tell. It doesn't help scum particularly, and they only do it based on their own playstyle.

In post 156, Dr Pants wrote:Do you have any actual response to CoolDog? Who do you want to see more posts from?

An "actual" response to CoolDog? I did respond to him - I pointed out that he has made a town case on me. Do you have an "actual" response to my response?
I would like to see more posts from everyone. I would like to see less posts from no one.

In post 173, Why not wrote:- DrPants tries to resolve this discrepancy by claiming that the object of his expressed dislike in 61 (Pasch's explanation of his vote) is different from the object of his expressed dislike in 63 (Pasch's push of a newby player).

Since my issue is the continued vote on a player considering his stated beliefs about the player - I suppose my response to this is 'yes...but...so what?'
You're addressing a case I haven't made.

Also, yes, with Post 61 and the vote and the continuation of the vote, Pants was pushing for a Pasch lynch. You can debate about how strongly he was pushing, but if your argument is that there is no push at all then I don't think you have the proper frame of reference to gauge what a push is.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 176, Why not wrote:yeah i typed that up when thor first pushed you

Not voting due to thor reason.

I've been bugged by a few things.

Pants: why do you think majiffy's push is scummy? If you started town reading pasch why did you not ask for his views? Also....intimating....this group? Sounds a little insecure and self aware. Is that typically feelings you have?
Finally it seems your reasoning on pasch changed a bit as far as what changed your views.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Belisarius »

Vote Count 04/10/1917.05Majiffy: (1) Dr Pants
Marcrell: (2) Anatole Kuragin, viking cat
Thor665: (1) CooLDoG
Shiryu: (3) Majiffy, Marcrell, Paschendale
Dr Pants: (3) Thor665, farside22, Baezu
Baezu: (1) Why not

Not Voting: Messiah Complex, Shiryu

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-06 12:45:00)

Mod Notes:
None
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 am

Post by farside22 »

The Shiryu wagon is fine,a nd I find some of Majiffy's reasoning suspect (hence why I called him scum earlier) but he is not scum for pushing a wagon - pushing a wagon early is a town or null tell. It doesn't help scum particularly, and they only do it based on their own playstyle.

Going to disagree, mostly because he stickying to the point and being pretty blah about what's going on in the game. Low hanging fruit case from good players usually set my scum radar to full of shit.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 179, Thor665 wrote:
What part of the game do you think I have ignored?
Also, obviously I think I can get a wagon on you - that's what I'm doing.

k well good luck with that one. I've said everything I'm going to say about this, so unless you have something new to add I'm not going to give this any more attention.

now, explain this:
In post 179, Thor665 wrote:
In post 156, Dr Pants wrote:What do you think of the Shiryu wagon? Or the fact that Majiffy is still seriously pushing it?

The wagon is fine, but the reasoning of the wagon driver is suspect. Why is the wagon fine? Have you seen anything from Shiryu to suggest his wagon is anything other than him getting jumped for an awkward entry? I agree that pushing a wagon is not scummy, however as I've said Majiffy's reasoning is shallow enough that it looks to me like he is pushing Shiryu because he feels the need to push
someone

@ Farside: this should explain my read on Majiffy. As far as Pasche goes, since I'm still dealing with this nonsense, there hasn't been room in the discussion for me to ask him about anything not related to this thing. As far as shifted reasoning goes, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if I have to defend multiple versions of the same criticism then my response will look a little different each time.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Dr Pants »

and yes actually, I tend to be very self aware when I play
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Why not »

In post 178, Dr Pants wrote:you commented on Pasche's Shiryu vote as well. Was there anything about that wagon that stood out to you? What do you think about Majiffy continuing to push it?

it's really lame
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Dr Pants »

who do you think was the worst on the wagon?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm good now.

VOTE: Majiffy

Baezu: you want to expand more, other the sheeping. Or give me your current scum reads.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Why not »

Since my issue is the continued vote on a player considering his stated beliefs about the player - I suppose my response to this is 'yes...but...so what?'

Oh, well that's even crappier. DrPants shows naiveté about the presence and implications of his vote on Pasche a bit before you call him out for it.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Why not »

you agreed earlier that your vote happened "because [Pants] called out Pasche for doing something he's done before as town" so now I'm a bit confused as to what your plank is
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 175, Dr Pants wrote:it wasnt a joke

You are a fucking moron. Like, seriously epically dropped-on-head-as-an-infant, ate-lead-paint-chips-in-early-development, huffed-glue-in-middle-school, snorting-meth-currently fucking stupid.

Luckily for you, a lack of humor is not alignment indicative.

In post 182, farside22 wrote:

Going to disagree, mostly because he stickying to the point and being pretty blah about what's going on in the game. Low hanging fruit case from good players usually set my scum radar to full of shit.

I don't consider a 2007 join date "low hanging fruit". Sorry, just a thing.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 182, farside22 wrote:Going to disagree, mostly because he stickying to the point and being pretty blah about what's going on in the game. Low hanging fruit case from good players usually set my scum radar to full of Smurf.

There is a difference between a reason for a vote being bad and a reason for a wagon being bad.

In post 183, Dr Pants wrote:The wagon is fine, but the reasoning of the wagon driver is suspect. Why is the wagon fine? Have you seen anything from Shiryu to suggest his wagon is anything other than him getting jumped for an awkward entry? I agree that pushing a wagon is not scummy, however as I've said Majiffy's reasoning is shallow enough that it looks to me like he is pushing Shiryu because he feels the need to push
someone

I would agree with you - Majiffy is pushing him because he feels th eneed to push
someone
...why is that remotely an issue.
I'll also agree that Shiryu git jumped...but I don't particularly see anything from Shiryu that makes me think he's town, so I'm perfectly fine with him being jumped.

In post 188, Why not wrote:

Oh, well that's even Smurfier. DrPants shows naiveté about the presence and implications of his vote on Pasche a bit before you call him out for it.

Oh yeah? Where? I missed it.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Why not »

I think most of the active wagons are bad and am in favor on a bigger wagon on the scummiest lurker (baezu).

Marcrell or Majiffy is the worst on the Shiryu wagon. I'm surprised that Majiffy hasn't moved on from it yet, or at least done anything to escalate it.

pedit: majiffy, that's the sort of line that gets people banned...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Majiffy seems to ignore when shir last played mafia. Anyone want to enlighten him, since shir mentioned it himself and all.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 189, Why not wrote:you agreed earlier that your vote happened "because [Pants] called out Pasche for doing something he's done before as town" so now I'm a bit confused as to what your plank is

Show me claiming a plank other than this and I'll clarify how you're reading it wrong.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 190, Majiffy wrote:
You are a fucking moron. Like, seriously epically dropped-on-head-as-an-infant, ate-lead-paint-chips-in-early-development, huffed-glue-in-middle-school, snorting-meth-currently fucking stupid.

:lol:

too funny. and also wayyy too upset.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

Post by farside22 »

@shir: I see you've logged into ms today. You going to comment about anything?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

The use of the word "epically," on the other hand, gives the impression of an unequivocal genius.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 191, Thor665 wrote:
I would agree with you - Majiffy is pushing him because he feels th eneed to push
someone
...why is that remotely an issue.
I'll also agree that Shiryu git jumped...but I don't particularly see anything from Shiryu that makes me think he's town, so I'm perfectly fine with him being jumped.

Its an issue because its disingenuous. If Majiffy has no strong reads he shouldn't pretend like he does. All he'll do is run up a BS on a player, which isn't a town action in any way. Even if nothing from Shiryu reads as town, the fact that he got jumped for essentially being newbish should be worrying.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 167, Majiffy wrote:Yeah but you keep losing me at this "other people" part...

ah this was a piece of witty banter. how masterful Majiffy, I wholeheartedly apologize for not being versed in the comedic arts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”