The Mass Effect thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #3244 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

In post 3242, Zachrulez wrote:I always find it weird when they continue to make games for an IP after seemingly wrapping the series up.

Like Metal Gear games after Metal Gear Solid 4, or a Mass Effect game after Mass Effect 3...

For me it just feels like they're using the name to suck you in, but that the experience is going to be very different from what you're expecting.

Yeah, it does feel like they're milking MGS for everything they can. Mass Effect, though... it's still a huge universe of untapped potential. Not continuing Shepard's story is a good decision. Keep the awesome lore, incredible alien designs, gameplay, but let the original trilogy stand on its own and give us new characters to love.

In post 3243, tn5421 wrote:I started playing this series last week. Beat the first game on normal. Going to get to level 60 before starting game 2. I intend to go hardcore Fem!Shep/Garrus.

Sounds good. Best of luck on your final mission in ME2. Let us know how it turns out-- it's different for everybody, which is one of the reasons why it has one of the best endings of any videogame.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #3252 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

If you romance Miranda in ME2, then break up with her in ME3,
the mental trauma is so much that she always gets killed
. So that's a tempting option.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #3257 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:13 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

In post 3253, Sudo_Nym wrote:Or, on Tuchanka,
you can shoot Mordin in the back and watch him die while attempting to crawl to the Genophage cure console.

But then you don't get the option to kill Padok Wiks. And that's a shame.

Return to “The Arcade”