micro 372: game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

I investigated AP last night and he is not mafia. Thus he is obviously a godfather. Also, he's probably town.

VOTE: kaboom!

Xay is mildly town. Flubbernugget is possible scum, as is caled. I am limited access until sunday, but in the interest of not screwing the game I will attempt to post at least once a day. You're welcome.

Tell Tail Hart, be aware that I have a bit of a mancrush on your brother and expect you to be as awesome as physically possible. Should you fail in this, I will inevitably spiral into a deep depression and never recover. No pressure.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Jingle »

No, that'd be you. :mrgreen:
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 39, TellTaleHeart wrote:I recommend you get your Zoloft prescription refilled.

I haven't had that prescription in years... Are you a wizard? Guys, Hart might be a wizard who sees into the future or she might be stalking me. Please advise.

In post 35, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 30, kabooooom wrote:also, AP has to be lynched till day 2, unless he is playing obv. town.

His attitude looks town. Other people are hemming and hawing about my claim and he is taking a hard stance on it. I like his aggression.

Wrong. He's taking a stance that advocates the lynch of a player with reasoning he can hide behind should you flip town. This is exactly the type of push I expect to come from scum. On the other hand, Brood is a shiny new wagon full of promise and possibilities.

VOTE: broodking
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

AP, could you do me a solid and let me know when the last time you saw a miller was? TYIA.

Caled's looking more town.

Brood still needs rope. I could also be convinced to lynch flubber.

Still limited to short spurts of activity.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm back in town but I've got shit that needs be done tonight. I'll get to this on the morrow.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #133 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 130, Lying Cat wrote:I'm not okay with AP being the biggest wagon. He's playing in a very protown fashion and raised good points on kaboom town. Not quite in agreement with his flubber-read, so currently my suspects are {flubber, caled, Brood}.

Reads from town to scum is roughly:

AP
TTH
Boom
Marquis
Xay
Flubber
Caled
Brood

Flubber, why are you voting AP? Xay, why are you voting AP?

On the brood wagon, he has continued to not produce anything that can vaguely be called content. The double prod-dodge with the promise of 'in the morning' inspires no confidence.
On the caled wagon, I don't like that it has made it easier for brood to slip into obscurity, but the wagon itself is fine.
On the AP wagon, only kaboom has posted reasoning, and it was not good reasoning. AP is playing his claimed role in the most protown manner possible, and I'm not interested in seeing him get lynched today. Using Occam's Razor here, either AP decided to claim a negative utility role that often gets policy lynched in a setup that might not have a cop for towncred as scum, or AP is attempting to play miller in the most protown manner possible. I don't see another possible explanation. Considering I have never seen a miller onsite and AP has otherwise been very open with his reads, I'm willing to lean towards the latter and reconsider later.

I could be convinced on Caled, but I'm more than fine where my vote is.

Whoopsies.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 47, BroodKingEXE wrote:
In post 24, Jingle wrote:I investigated AP last night and he is not mafia. Thus he is obviously a godfather. Also, he's probably town.

VOTE: kaboom!

Xay is mildly town. Flubbernugget is possible scum, as is caled. I am limited access until sunday, but in the interest of not screwing the game I will attempt to post at least once a day. You're welcome.

Tell Tail Hart, be aware that I have a bit of a mancrush on your brother and expect you to be as awesome as physically possible. Should you fail in this, I will inevitably spiral into a deep depression and never recover. No pressure.

The positioning of AP's joke about AP's alignment feels off to me. The joke itself is obv tension about Miller's actual role that Jingle knows about. I sense a Jingle and AP scum team. The naked bw vote on me feels way too opportuinistic feels like he is looking for a quick lynch.

VOTE: Jingle

His one post amidst an ISO of fluff, calling me and AP a team because "AP made a joke, so Jingle is scum." He's hearing hoofbeats and shouting octopus, and voting based on it which is not town behavior.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 109, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 107, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 105, kabooooom wrote:not really. Both your town reads are voting you. And you seem a bit too confident about your reads this early, which i find odd.

Should there be a reason why I think voting me is scummy? I think you and Flubber honestly think Im scum. Xayzeck Im null on at this juncture. If there is scum on my wagon, its probably him.

We shouldn't think you're scummy. Why are you so okay with us thinking you're scummy?

This sounds like he thinks AP is town and can't internally justify his behavior to me. Otherwise, his paranoia is a mild towntell, but I'm not willing to call him town yet.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 142, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 130, Lying Cat wrote:Using Occam's Razor here, either AP decided to claim a negative utility role that often gets policy lynched in a setup that might not have a cop for towncred as scum, or AP is attempting to play miller in the most protown manner possible. I don't see another possible explanation. Considering I have never seen a miller onsite and AP has otherwise been very open with his reads, I'm willing to lean towards the latter and reconsider later.

What if Im a cop and just trolling everyone?

Then you're pulling an incredibly protown gambit and won't get nightkilled until the game is solvable off of investigations. I'm somehow fine with that.

In post 146, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also Jingle is mirroring a lot of my thoughts so Im willing to give him a pass for right now.

I'm a good sheep. Baaa. Part of why you're such a strong townread is the whole, "Your posts make logical sense and I agree with them" thing, so it's nice to see you recognize that.

In post 153, Flubbernugget wrote:On the AP wagon, only kaboom has posted reasoning, and it was not good reasoning. AP is playing his claimed role in the most protown manner possible, and I'm not interested in seeing him get lynched today. Using Occam's Razor here, either AP decided to claim a negative utility role that often gets policy lynched in a setup that might not have a cop for towncred as scum, or AP is attempting to play miller in the most protown manner possible. I don't see another possible explanation. Considering I have never seen a miller onsite and AP has otherwise been very open with his reads, I'm willing to lean towards the latter and reconsider later.

Now that you've used occam's razor, do you have plans to test your hypotheses? Otherwise you're just restating you town read AP.

:neutral:

I'm attempting to rectify the situation of my biggest townread also being the biggest wagon. How is my logic not a good argument for AP town?

In post 156, Marquis wrote:Early Miller claims are usually true and not scum- it locks you into that claim, so as scum you can't wait to fakeclaim in an opportune situation later.

AP as scum doesn't know what form the Town PR(s) take(s). It could be a Cop. But it could also be a Tracker, or something else.

What happens if a Tracker gets a guilty on AP? He can't claim Vigilante anymore, because he already claimed Miller (this is a micro normal; Miller Vigilante is very unlikely).

Basically scum has a lot to lose from a page 1 Miller claim, while claiming Miller instantly is the right play for Town. And this post isn't saying that he's Town, but rather that while the claim is in mind I'm not inclined to policy lynch him for it, nor am I inclined to scumread him solely based on the claim at all.

Townposting.

In post 159, kabooooom wrote:But what if he has a partner how does the killing?

:neutral:

In post 172, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 170, Marquis wrote:
In post 168, Flubbernugget wrote:Holy shit, I would have never thought of this. Why the hell are you the first person to bring this up.

I thought the idea was implied. If you guys haven't been considering things like this (motivation and such) when trying to talk about the Miller claim then I'm not sure how to deal with that :/

Would you be willing to iso me and give a read on whether or not I seemed oblivious to this implication? Is it one you had to construct or one you knew about ahead of time?

Why would this need an ISO. It's fairly obvious you weren't fully aware of the implications of the claim. The question is, is that alignment indicative.

Boom, if he is town (which I think is probable at this point) needs to look at his posts and ask the question: "Am I using evidence to reach these reads, or am I tailoring the evidence to match the reads I already have." If he is scum, he may feel free to continue tunneling on obvtown.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

Flubbernugget wrote:The lurk doesn't come from the number of posts, but what's in them. And we have a deadline. We can't wait for Broodking.

2+ weeks to deadline. Not going to deadline lynch right now. Fearmongering noted.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Jingle »

ITT- Kaboom stops thinking dogthoughts, flubber acts like an idiot, Xayzeck doesn't read, AP fails to realize we still have the same preferred lynch, and Brood still isn't dead.

In post 194, Flubbernugget wrote:The lurk doesn't come from the number of posts, but what's in them. And we have a deadline. We can't wait for Broodking.

We have more than two weeks. If Broodking has not made a noticeable contributions soon, then yes, we totally need to lynch him.

Basically the case on Brood is:
[p]18[/p]- Commenting on but failing to take a stance on things happening ITT.
[p]19[/p]- Complaining that we got out of RVS before he could post in it while
not discussing any of the information that took us out of RVS, or expressing what suspicions he has that mean RVS is over.

[p]23[/p]- Demonstrates awareness of the thread, and still avoids contributions. He maintains that the miller claim is easily understood, but doesn't have a stance on it. He also doesn't push anyone.
[p]47[/p]- The only point so far in the game where he even attempts to contribute, calling me out for a joke and a bandwagon vote on him. He's attempting to draw associative tells for no reason, and his logic doesn't make any sense. This is a forced read, and a shitty OMGUS call out on me for "joining his bandwagon." This is legitimately the worst post so far this game.
[p]71[/p], [p]117[/p], [p]182[/p]- Two prod dodges and a V/LA. Both prod dodges contain promises of activity that he doesn't follow through on, at the opportune time when he's under a lot of suspicion and when his wagon begins derailing.

TL;DR- Brood is easily as scummy as caled, and has a lower rate of content. Lynching Brood is the better play. (Me saying I'm totally down with lynching caled, I just want to lynch brood more.)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #205 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Jingle »

Dammit, I broke my post tags. Myko, if you get a chance would you clean up my mess? I'm sorry. :oops:
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #206 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 203, AngryPidgeon wrote:
I'll make a better post later, but we aren't lynching Flubber, Jingle.
Flubber is town.

Agree
Disagree
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 212, TellTaleHeart wrote:VOTE: Broodking

My patience is up.

This is town. More brood votes.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:18 am

Post by Jingle »

Bah.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #561 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Jingle »

Why did kaboom shoot me? :(

Well played, scum. I was wrong on the second one even from the dead thread.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”