Micro 374: Baby Enough Scum 8p - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 am

Post by StupendousMan »

/confirm
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:28 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Did someone say mutiny?

StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 16, kabooooom wrote:
In post 15, StupendousMan wrote:Did someone say mutiny?

listen mate, here's the plan. we mutiny and get the roles from mod. kill the scums, and take the gold. what do you say, savvy?

I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.

VOTE: kabooooom
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:07 am

Post by StupendousMan »

^

Scum identified.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:11 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 34, tn5421 wrote:I'm not here to rescue him. I find the fact that you're jumping on something so stupid to be quite a strange thing to do. You also assumed I was coming to his rescue when all I did was ask you something. Even if I could have worded it better.

It's better to jump on something stupid than nothing at all, at least in this stage of the game. I agree that kaboom's vote and dodging stood out, and Phallacy is getting reactions which is a good thing. You saying "I'm not here to rescue him" also gave me a scum vibe since it seemed defensive.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by StupendousMan »

Okay, so after a quick catch up it looks like kaboom hasn't done anything to change my mind. NM and TN are town. Phallacy leaning scum. Everyone else is null. Very confident in kaboom scum and I'll make a case for that because he needs to be lynched.

Don't have much time, I'll elaborate on this post later.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:40 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Alright, time to elaborate on my last post-

Kaboom, there is little doubt in my mind that you are scum. You focus only on trying to save yourself and ward off your accusers instead scumhunting. Your denial of slayer's gambit didn't help you at all, considering that is exactly what you claimed to be doing earlier in the game. Your arguments are weak, your scumhunting isn't present, and your reactions are entirely scummy. I was going to make a long case for you, but I think everyone can already see that you're scum. I'm content with your lynch, but first I would prefer to get some more out of D1.

Initially, Doogal's posts seemed very scummy to me due to lack of town motivation. However, realizing that he is still a newbie shifted his read toward null, because there's a good chance he sounds scummy as either alignment. This isn't to say he's getting off the hook, but he's definitely not the complete scum I thought he was before making this post.

#145 from Doogal is definitely not to my liking though. It looks like you're trying to appease Phallacy. Not town.

Salamence, I understand that finding the SK is a good strategy, however, the focus of many of your posts seem to be revolving around finding the SK instead of the usual scumhunting, and it makes me wonder if you're trying to convince others that you aren't the SK by searching for them so intently. Besides yourself, I agree that Bins may be a good candidate for SK, but, similar to NM's view, I have more confidence in Kaboom being scum than Bins being the SK.

Bins, you asked why TN is being townread. For one, his response to me getting a scum vibe from him early in the game was very not-caring, so that was town. Also, it looks like he is genuinely scumhunting and probing, unlike you.

In post 116, Bins wrote:The entry post was probably the towniest thing I've seen in this game so far, so I'm happy.

In post 139, Bins wrote:Btw NM's post was legit the towniest thing in this game.

Why are you buddying NM? How about you provide something of actual substance instead of avoiding real interactions with players?

In post 71, Phallacy wrote:
In post 66, Doogal121 wrote:slightly scummy

This is also a great reason to put someone at L-3 in a game with 3 antitown players.

This post is the reason for my slight scumread on Phallacy. It's not much, but I don't understand the concern for 3 scum hammering at this point in the game. It reads like "guys, all 3 scum are gonna hammer me because I'm not scum!" Not enough for an entire scumread, but a questionable post in my book.

In summary- SK is most likely in {Salamence, Bins}, but much more confident that Kaboom is some type of scum, so my vote will remain there for now. Also, a Bins+NM mafia team is not likely at all.

As far as reads go in case I wasn't clear:

TN and NM- town
Phallacy- good arguments but slightly leaning scum
Salemence- null and possible SK
Doogal- leaning scum
Bins- scummy and possible SK
Kaboom- scum.

Busy with schoolwork, but I'm going to become more active now.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:48 am

Post by StupendousMan »

@Bins-

Answer this:
In post 156, StupendousMan wrote:
Why are you buddying NM?

And it could be fake, but it appears genuine, especially if you look through the rest of his iso.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 am

Post by StupendousMan »

He is for me too, but why did you mention how great his post was twice? It was pretty unnecessary after this first time.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 173, Salamence20 wrote:If I was the SK: Then why not keep lurking? I mean while you have phallacy and boom at each others necks, why would I bother to give you my two cents when I could lurk and it actually works? I would most likely put a naked vote on Boom and sheep TN.

If I was mafia: Why would I bother going after the SK and not going after the "mafia?" If I was the goon I know I am not going to die atleast today so why would I worry about the SK and ruin the high probability of the SK shooting town?

WIFOM I know, but I shouldnt have to be under-pressure for my current play while Bins is alive. ALSO WHY WOULD I SUGGEST QUICKLYNCH AS MAFIA WHEN I KNOW A MISLYNCH DAMNS ME.

I honestly do think Bins is playing textbook SK play. Simple as that. This play isnt familiar to how she played in Square Shreddies.

Yes, WIFOM. Lurkers do get called out, and you're not impervious to that. And why rule out that the SK could shoot mafia? There is way too much circular logic here. Also, why did you say you shouldn't have to be under pressure? Are you afraid of us getting reactions from you or what? Speaking of reactions, I don't like this one. This post was far too long for some minor scumreads on you. Let's get some pressure here.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salamence

In post 177, Bins wrote:I'm going to hunt the SK as well. I have {TN, Kaboom, maybe Doogal} as most likely Mafia. N_M and Stup as town. So I'll read through the others soon.

Why is TN mafia??

Kaboom is nowhere to be found, and I don't like that. But these votes are stagnant right now, let's try getting somewhere since most of us already agree on kaboom-scum anyway.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:18 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 209, Salamence20 wrote:Lurkers rarely get called out because the active people are always more important. I have proof of this and you can ask TN, who was in a game a lurked through. Then I said I shouldnt have to be voted on because people think Im trying to redirect the boom wagon. I want the SK wagon gone and I think Bins is SK. Boom is obvscum and I dont want to lynch scum today. Also the chances of sk killingg town are higher than mafia. Moreso when the SK is allowed reads

Lurkers certainly aren't the center of attention, but it's still noticed. And technically the wagon is being redirected, but that's not a bad thing since Bins is very scummy.

I hate to switch my vote so quickly, but this was a decent response and it's clear that my vote will be more useful on Bins.

UNVOTE:

In post 210, Bins wrote:I. am. not. the. sk.

I don't have a better defense than that.

I'll actually try and give you guys reads tonight.

Once again, it looks like you're only trying to appease us. Not town.

VOTE: Bins
L-2
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:26 am

Post by StupendousMan »

A reads list tonight would be great, but for right now, what is your read on Sala?
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:13 am

Post by StupendousMan »

C'mon Salamence... Bins mentioned all of those reads earlier.

In post 194, Bins wrote:
I'm nulltown on Phallacy and feeling mafia about Kaboom.

In post 203, Bins wrote:

Cause like {N_M, Stup, Bins} town
{Phallacy} leaning town
{Doogal} null / mostly cause his play seems different from what i remember

In post 224, Bins wrote:
town > n_m
lean town > stupd (may change due to lack of posts), doogal**
null > phallacy (town), sala (scum)
scum > tn, kaboom

**My one problem I have with Doogal is that I'm actually feeling something different about his play than what I experienced before. I have to look into THAT before I place him. For now, I have him as lean town.

Give credit where credit is due. She has mentioned these people in her reads, although you're right that she hasn't provided much reasoning for them. However, they've been consistent so at least acknowledge that.

Also, Sala, you gave another dramatic response about how you "wish" you were the SK. I'm really starting to lean towards you being the SK instead of Bins.

And where the hell did Doogal go?
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 232, Salamence20 wrote:I dont see anything about stupe there? Can you find that?

But, fine, maybe I am too hard on her, but thats because she was way for determined than this game, which I GUESS you can chalk up to her issues, but i still think its lackluster because the game has been going for about a week (i think).

As for "dramatic SK answer," she asked me if I have ever played as an SK. Look at my sig, im 0-0 as third party. I honestly hate playing as town because I have trust and doubting issues. I always secondguess myself.

She put her read on me in the second quote. Agree with you about the issues, I've given too much slack for that in the past. I still find her scummy, but there are other reasons because her reads have been consistent. The only thing wrong is she has almost nothing backing up her reads. And it's just weird to me that you didn't answer with a simple "no" in regards to past games instead of talking about your desire to be an SK in
this
game.

What does everyone think of the Bins wagon right now? Because Sala, TN, and I are barely getting any resistance and it's making me worried. Friction creates fire, guys.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Bins, you should use your vote.

In post 237, Phallacy wrote:I am seriously considering lynching a beetlejuicer for utility.

By beetlejuicer I'm assuming you mean Doogal? We do need to get some more momentum here, but I'm still not sure about him. What are your thoughts on lynching Sala?

In post 238, Doogal121 wrote:
Not Mafia – not sure. Came in with a strong town post and then kinda lurked back a little once he was universally read as townie. Possible SK

Agreed.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 244, Salamence20 wrote:So everyone agrees with the "SK over mafia" idea, but Im the SK for suggesting it?

No, you're suspected for continually pressing about it. When it becomes your sole focus, it appears that you're trying to make everyone think that the SK can't possibly be you because you're searching so hard for them.

Finding the SK is great and all in theory, but it's not as straightforward as finding mafia. There are certain things we have to look for to find the SK, and it delays scumhunting a good amount.

Scumhunting involves pressing, asking questions, etc. but finding the SK inhibits that by focusing more on looking for lurking and avoidance. The game has already slowed down because of this. You wonder why you are seen as possible scum (which makes me wonder why you care so much about yourself btw), but there's two very feasible scenarios:

1) As said above, you could be the SK making everyone think you aren't by committing every post to finding them
2) You could be mafia trying to divert town from scumhunting

Finding the SK = great
Slowing down the game and neglecting scumhunting = not great
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 am

Post by StupendousMan »

I disagree that finding the SK is the
only
important thing right now.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am

Post by StupendousMan »

:lol:
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:57 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 289, Not_Mafia wrote:I'd prefer No lynching at (potential) 4p as with a lynch a successful doc protect can get us to Odds with the lynch we want and can give us 2 conf town in 5 players

I like this idea best.

My gut reaction is that either Doogal or Phallacy is the SK, but I'm going to reread before I vote.

@Phallacy- Why did you vote TN at the start?
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:00 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Why do you believe that?

Also,
VOTE: Doogal
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:13 am

Post by StupendousMan »

VOTE: No Lynch
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 am

Post by StupendousMan »

tn5421 wrote:Do we really want to hammer a no-lynch this fast?

Any more info at this point will only help the SK.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am

Post by StupendousMan »

You're welcome.

I protected NM all three nights. By PoE Sala must be the SK.

VOTE: Sala

Also, V/LA cuz of school.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 am

Post by StupendousMan »

First things first I'm da realest
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 15, StupendousMan wrote:
D
id someone say mutiny?

first-post crumb for the haters

gg scum, well played :cool:
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 am

Post by StupendousMan »

It looks like you're just trying to appease us by saying you protected everyone here.

Also, why would you protect NM last night if you had me above NM on your not-SK list?

TN didn't know I protected NM and therefore couldn't be the SK. NM is conftown obviously. That leaves you as the SK, which makes sense considering how hard you pushed in the beginning for finding them along with all of the dramatic "I WISH I was the SK" posts.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 am

Post by StupendousMan »

:neutral:

1. ad hom

2. Riiight, because it
totally
makes sense to protect someone other than your two strong town reads.

3. TN couldn't be the SK since he assumed we should no lynch and didn't know I blocked your kill. Don't "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS" me.

4. The first point here is moot since you could cover up anything scummy by claiming that. Bins was a scum read for me as well, so I could ask the same question. But to answer your question, maybe you thought you could avoid suspicion by shooting someone that couldn't be traced back to you. The same logic could be applied to me, so your question isn't really helping TN or NM to decide between us.

Go ahead and try to dig up some case on me or something. I don't care. All I know is that my role PM was town doc, yours wasn't, and I refuse to accept anything but your lynch and a town victory.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by StupendousMan »

Sorry, extremely busy. I'll post tomorrow
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Gotta make this quick, D
is
a crumb. No idea why Sala chose to 1 v 1 me instead of TN tbh.

Past tense b/c role PMs were at at the beginning of game, in the past. We both hounded Bins so that's also moot.

TN, what are you talking about, I'm the only town PR…
Protected NM all 3 nights cuz strongest town read and suspicion of Sala, surprised he wasn't targeted sooner

Sala, how isn't NM conftown dude…. oh yeah that's right you wouldn't know b/c you didn't protect him.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by StupendousMan »

I ruled you out as being the sk after 249.

Sala what's your point? I feel like I misread something.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:35 am

Post by StupendousMan »

If you were the SK you probably wouldn't have dissented from the popular opinion that Bins was the SK. On the other hand, looking back at Sala's push for Bins being the SK, it was really scummy and could have easily come from an SK, especially with all of the circular logic.

Sala, show me your crumb to prove me wrong. Go ahead, I'll wait.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:59 am

Post by StupendousMan »

This is the first time I haven't been a VT as town, so this is also the first time I've ever crumbed, but apparently I didn't do it right. My games are on my wiki.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:03 am

Post by StupendousMan »

And why is crumbing stupid, Sala? It's obvious that you didn't crumb because you aren't the doc.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:31 am

Post by StupendousMan »

There is nothing more I can say other than Sala killed Bins only because nobody would think it's him.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:05 am

Post by StupendousMan »

In post 369, Salamence20 wrote:

But I wanted a speedwagon, which Im sure I could have done.

Me killing her is dumb.

Exactly. Nobody would logically trace the kill back to you, which is why you did it.

In post 368, Not_Mafia wrote:If someone could swoop in and tell me how to hunt an SK that would be great, because if I were the SK in this game my dayplay would be literally identical, I can only really go off the NK and occam's razor says Stupe.

Well, one thing an SK has to do to win is manipulate others, just like Sala in his last post where he stated that my excitement for believing I had won the game for town was somehow "aggressive-SK-play." Occam's razor is usually accurate, though, so I suppose it's too late for me to change your mind :/
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Yes, please grace us with your presence TN
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Darn, good game guys. I definitely played my cards wrong at the end. I assumed NM was doc and that I would 1v1 tn and then I panicked. SK is really fun though, thanks for hosting, Molla.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:24 am

Post by StupendousMan »

And if anyone is wondering about why I killed Bins, I thought killing my scum read would clear me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”