NFL Football Thread 2014

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

thanks rob for making the new thread

I actually think SD will finish worst than OAK

Pre-Preseason Season Picks:
2 NE
>
6 NYJ
> BUF > MIA
4 PIT
> CLE > BAL > CIN
3 IND
> JAX > HOU > TEN
1 DEN
>
5 KC
> OAK > SD

4 PHI
> WAS > DAL > NYG
3 GB
>
6 CHI
> DET > MIN
2 NO
> ATL > TB > CAR
1 SF
>
5 SEA
> ARI > STL

PIT > KC
IND > NYJ
SEA > PHI
GB > CHI

NE > IND
PIT > DEN
GB > NO
SEA > SF

NE > PIT
GB > SEA

GB > NE
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

The injury of Sean Lee is gonna hurt Dallas alot this year
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not high on the steelers I am low on the rest of the afc north and on KC
I put PIT > DEN because winter sucks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rob13 wrote:
In post 19, LlamaFluff wrote:Bold prediction: Entire NFC West is 9-7 or better

Wouldn't be that surprised, actually.

Me neither. Rams had the best draft. Their front 4 on D could become new 4 horsemen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 21, Aronis wrote:
In post 15, PokerFace wrote:The injury of Sean Lee is gonna hurt Dallas alot this year

Not anymore than it has the past 3 years or however long. If anybody was counting on him to play, they're an idiot.

Lee was good last year. Someone in Dallas will need to step up especially since Ware is gone too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Andy Dalton just got a new deal. Given his previous playoff production I don't think that was a good decision on the bengals part especially since its a 6 year deal

I wish browns had kept Campbell instead of getting thigpen and shaw. Campbell is now second on begals depth. Campbell has been with a new team pretty much every year of his career, thats rough. The years he has not had to learn a new system he has thrived.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Eli had a bad year. The guy is still good in my eyes. He just can't let what happened last year get to him. Hopefully he gets some confidence going with his new recievers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Andy Dalton just got a new deal. Given his previous playoff production I don't think that was a good decision on the bengals part especially since its a 6 year deal

I wish browns had kept Campbell instead of getting thigpen and shaw. Campbell is now second on begals depth. Campbell has been with a new team pretty much every year of his career, thats rough. The years he has not had to learn a new system he has thrived.

Andy Dalton would be nothing without AJ Green. Bengals over payed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 51, Nero Cain wrote:Maybe as a bye week replacement or if a starter is injured.

yay no one should draft eli as their starting qb in fantasy. But having him for 1 week as backup is fine

I should phrase that he has had a couple of bad years but he has had some good ones too and he has been clutch when necessary
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am disappointed in Hoyer's play, Manziel's play, and Manziel's character
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I highly suggest you guys do not get rid of Kirk Cousins. He is not better than RG3 but I think he has a greater chance of making it through the season uninjuried. I'd like to see RG3 play/watch some baseball. That may help teach him
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #60 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well Bradford is done, for the season and for the rams.
<<Gets off train he was on
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #67 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Make playoffs, no. They did not have a chance before the injury given their division and schedule. but given their beastly D 7-9 to 9-7 was possible pre injury

Assuming they find a descent non mistake making QB they could still go 6-10 to 7-9
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams will look to draft a new QB or keep whoever steps in for bradford should the substitute be good. Bradford won't be a ram next year

Part of me kinda wishes warner would come out of retirement to save the day
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #73 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nero Cain wrote:Shaun Hill is the backup and now starting QB

PokerFace wrote:Rams will look to draft a new QB next year
or keep whoever steps in for bradford should the substitute be good.
Bradford won't be a ram next year

Part of me kinda wishes warner would come out of retirement to save the day

fixed. And yes Warner is old, but I had a feeling he would be better than whatever rams were planning and I do believe i was right with that assumption
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #82 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with^

I think Bradford had potential to be better than Clemons and Hill had the injury not returned.

The emergence of Stacy part way through last year was responsible for alot of their wins not so much Clemons. Having Stacy start the season will be good for them this year and they'll need it since their schedule is harder in comparison to last year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #83 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Gordon verdict has been handed down. He is suspended for the season.

I saw this coming and hoped I was wrong. I won't debate legalities nor state its not a performance enhancer, but I will say Gordon is dumb considering how many times he has done things like this and fact he has been warned in the past not to do them. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

If you are getting paid millions to play in nfl and you do something that can make you not play after getting all the warnings in the world, I don't care what the something is, you messed up, you're dumb
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was not aware of Smith's words in May. I am aware of them now. I want that video with the money being taken away
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #97 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 93, Konowa wrote:Thought two game suspension last year was weed as well?

Anyways, he will be signed, sure. No where near the payday before all this stuff though.

Yes it was weed last year. So yes I saw this coming and figured he would be suspended entire year the next time around
Konowa wrote:I have no reason to doubt you. If it is not addiction it seems that he just does not care, which in my opinion is almost a bigger problem.

As he has not really made any serious attempt at rehab or cutting back, I'd say he does not care. This is real bad, worse if there is an adiction
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #99 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

<<Shakes head.

I'm glad i didn't draft that concussion prone guy this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #104 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 102, Konowa wrote:Welker story makes his Kentucky Derby outing that much more hilarious.

Seattle wins tonight and covers the six.

If Seattle was not at home and this wasn't the season opener, there would be some doubts, but after what they did last year, I expect the 12th man to set a new Guinness loudness record tonight.

Seahawks will win
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 103, zoraster wrote:
In post 100, jasonT1981 wrote:fantasy football league - Last minute. Draft will be tonight 11.45pm UK. 6.45 Eastern USA PASSWORD: fantasyfootball - Come join and lets have some fun http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/league?leagueId=162299

a last minute rush league that's a keeper league?

if it was not a keeper I'd be in

there are 2 players i think will be awesome this year that i passed on

passed on Jay Cutler and opted for Nick Foles in mafiascum league (I think Both will be great, cutler has injury risks)

passed on Giovanni Bernard and opted for Marshawn lynch in work league (Marshawn does not have anyone he'll split carries with, Gino might split with hill or the lawfirm or Ben Jarvis Green Ellis)

I am considering joining a last minute third league tonight where i can run with them
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #106 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

success got them in an espn league

yahoo and nfl didn't seem to have anything drafting at the moment
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #115 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am really glad i snagged marshawn in my work league now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #138 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

browns did better than i feared. I feel hopeful
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #161 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:holy crap, i didn't even realize I was talking to hascow
I thought you got eaten or something

insert steak, hamburger, or other edible beef joke of your choice here
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #171 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think Zoraster was saying he's surprised the video was 'needed' for these actions to occur. Like he thinks the severe punishment should have happened day 1 since we should have guessed the video showed that

I was not sure if I should watch the video cause i anticipated it being really bad. And then they showed it during the detroit vs giants halftime so i ended up seeing. Didn't enjoy seeing it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #176 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-incident

FBI appears to be looking into seeing if nfl saw more. I enjoy watching football and their handling of the situation may have been wrong especially if they saw the video before, but i would really hate football going away
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #180 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 176, PokerFace wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-incident

Former FBI guy appears to be looking into seeing if nfl investigation. I enjoy watching football and their handling of the situation may have been wrong especially if they saw the video before, but i would really hate football going away

ebwop

I posted that when reading the headline anticipating something more but looks like you're right

they wouldn't make it go away but if stuff comes out about nfl handling things bad, worst case scenario would be that. Basically I am guessing they handled it not perfectly but I don't want my football to go away
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #182 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

I know, I'm just kinda bored and messing around
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #202 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is that the child's arm or leg? Can I ask what the kid did that led to whooping?

AP shouldn't be doing that to the child regardless of the reason, but the stupidity of the reason could make AP's actions worse

What all have the vikings done to him so far?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #211 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

I thought it was the leg given the second image but the 1st image confuses things

Was AP beat as a kid? He seems to accept his actions as being ok based on the texts. Texts also make it sound worse and though it was a group beating. And a strategy he had to plan to get his kids to listen. The texts make it worse

Cousins did well

As my work league has high points for kickers (Dan Bailey) and individual defense players (Chandler Jones, his blocked kick and TD) i got alot of points this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #242 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Didn't one of peterson's kids die in the past year for reasons unrelated to this stuff?

I would think a man that lost a child would try to love his kids so much he would not do shit like this to the one's he has left
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #255 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Peterson thinking his actions are ok or acceptable is very bad. He does need to learn or take some class on rearing childeren better. But he also needs some form of additional punishment

The timing of the additional punishment may be dificult. They may want to delay it until after he learns so that he accepts and understands why he is getting punnished. Or they may want to give it to him now so he really listens to the classes. He def needs both classes and punishment in my book

Also maybe its just me but that kid looks younger than 4, his body looks smaller than i would anticipate from a 4 year old
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #267 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

There is a casino that just opened about 5 miles from my house. I know they have slots and horse racing (no table games :() , but I don't know if they accept football bets. If they do, I may have to make an appearance
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #270 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

damn. I am glad they have a casino in my city now but with slots and horse racing only, its just a traffic annoyance :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #278 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

me niether :eek:

http://www.nfl.com/player/devinhester/2 ... areerstats

He has alot of those especially on punt returns
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #294 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I disagree on some of those

Why do you think Detroit will top GB?

I think Cleveland will beat Baltimore. Insert Homer comment of your choice

Most people think the dallas game really depends on if we get Jekyl or Hyde romo but since I think they can rely on Murray even if the STL pass rush draws out Hyde and since the STL offense not so great. I think Dallas will pull it out in a low scoring game

I want to bet Denver will win since they look better than Seattle right now but I can't deny that 12th man. So I do agree with your pick there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #297 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

you may be right about detroit but I still see dallas wining

Houston has a good D. NYG has to depend on eli. Do you think someone other than eli can pull the weight?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #304 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seems we were wrong about the giants game. Congrats shea

Bortles messed up a bit early on. Clearly had the jitters but still showed alot of potential I think
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 305, Dr Pants wrote:The Seattle Denver game was freaking epic.

better than the last superbowl. I wish it was the last superbowl
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #307 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 304, PokerFace wrote:Seems we were wrong about the giants game. Congrats shea

Bortles messed up a bit early on. Clearly had the jitters but still showed alot of potential I think

Bridgewater's play was meh. He did not mess up or impress
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #310 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

He did handle the pressure but he did not rise above so yes i would call that a success but I certainly want to see more

Derek Carr has been below avg

Manziel has been looking like a side show since day 1. Until they start using him as an actual QB its not worth evaluating him

Matt Ryan had one of the best Rookie Performances of all time for his first game. I kinda want others to be able to do that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #313 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rhinox wrote:
In post 310, PokerFace wrote:Manziel has been looking like a side show since day 1. Until they start using him as an actual QB its not worth evaluating him

That trick play though. Hilarious.

I admit to liking it and yet at the same time theres a part of me that wishes we earned things and not used underhanded tech.

I like what getting Manziel does for jersey sales and the comunity but theres a good chance Manziel could handle his character bad and bring shame to the browns. Us using him like this is encouraging that kind of behavior

Insert pick of Manziel flicking off the redskins here
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #316 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

My predraft ranks of this years top rookies QBs was Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, Manziel. I was fairly certain JAX would take the manziel gamble. When they didn't, and Dallas didn't, I knew we would

Since then I've been hoping what I feared would go bad with Manziel is wrong
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #322 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

What zoraster said. I find it hard to believe they would all agree to the same price. They would not be worth the same price
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #335 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

In terms of handling hits the NFL is going too far in the right direction

In terms of handling abuse NFL 'was' not going far enough in the right direction.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #341 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 339, shaft.ed wrote:Answer is Tebow obv

I might actually agree since his game managing was good and with the right coaching it could be done with him. Would certainly sell jerseys and establish the franchise
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #342 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mallet is the only one in that list i would even consider taking a risk on. You'd have better luck drafting over those other options
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #361 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jamarcus Russell competing for worst QB of all time

Worst of decade would depend on where you cut the decade like you talking 2000-2010 or 2004-2014?

Given panzer brought up oline where the question he asked never mentioned oline, i think get what you meant by no hypothetical

worst to best
Russell < Ponder < Gabbert < Sanchez < Tebow < TJax < Fritzpatrick

I didn't realize you said Locker. Him and mallet would both be worth a risk. Mallet has not proved himself on field but I don't think he is worse then butfumble
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #364 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 340, PJ. wrote:
In post 337, Konowa wrote:Perhaps I'm thinking too hard and want to say that the QB of an expansion team would be one of the first decisions a GM would make, and thus shape the rest of the team.

If you knew which free agent QB options you had, I'm sure you'd also know the draft pool and free agent options for other positions, as well as your personnel coaches, ect.

But honestly, it's really not worth getting up in arms about because the reality of the situation is Cutler is a Bear for life and Alex Smith just signed a big deal with the chiefs and EJ manuel sucks. I could get behind a hypothetical that made a little more sense though such as "If you got an expansion team next year, would you go for
Jameis Winston
the rookie QB of your choice to be your franchise playcaller or would you take a risk on one of the QB free agents(Locker, Sanchez, Mallett, Ponder or even a stop-gap like Palmer/Vick) this year and take Andrus Peat?"

Andrius peat =/= an "entire" oline. He is oline but your response to my answer implies me getting a full oline because you say build and drafts would normally have more than 1 pick

i think some people giving more than just a yes or know is why shea got irate about hypos
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #370 (isolation #51) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

That game gives me reason to believe in eli

I believe 2 fantasy league i am in have eli not drafted

And in one I believe he is on my opponent's bench :)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #390 (isolation #52) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

from the strike nfl eliminator/picks thread
In post 64, PokerFace wrote:NYG < WAS
BUF > HOU
GB < CHI
DET > NYJ
TEN < IND
MIA > OAK
TB < PIT
CAR < BAL
JAX <
SD

ATL > MIN
PHI > SF
NO > DAL
NE > KC

This week has alot of good options. SD is an good option I don't think I'll need later where i may need IND, PIT, NO, and many other good options later
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #395 (isolation #53) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

<3 mike glennon
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #401 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I expect falcons to sign or trade for some linemen this week and draft some more next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #413 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay there gonna be a lot of over reactions given last week

Buffalo is being dumb

Oakland is being smart
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #420 (isolation #56) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think a lot of vikings fans want to forget that performance
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #423 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 421, Nero Cain wrote:I think Norv Turner is just awful. Like I felt the Vikes were running the ball well but then they started passing it for F all reason.

Running the ball works very well when you are leading. Minnesota was not and had little chance of catching up. Norv comes from west coast style which is pass first, get lead, run out clock
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #445 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here we go brownies, here we go!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #448 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think you'll get quick > eagles D assuming you got default league settings

The other one would be my only concern
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #485 (isolation #60) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

That was the best thursday football game this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #494 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thestatusquo wrote:
NYG53 wrote:
TonyRomoisGRRRReat wrote:
I investigated number 53. He is scum

Vote: NYG53

No, I am not. Miller Miller!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #496 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

It is highly possible geno, vick, and rex, will all not be a part of the jets organization next season. They will draft a new QB next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #498 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

His best game, Yes

Best 'QB' game ever, No

Side note: Those uniforms are ugly, but I guess Ben was gonna wind up in stripes sooner or later...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #511 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like the neon green parts of the seahawks uniform.

The packer throwback are very simular to the jets throwbacks and are also very bad

The eagles yellow and blue throwbacks are also hideous

There are very few good throwbacks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #516 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

What happened to kurt cousins? Why is colt mcCoy in?

An injured RG3 may still be better than colt
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #519 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 517, Konowa wrote:Cousins happened to Cousins.

He's thrown too many picks and couldn't sustain drives.

As a browns fan who has watched colt throw picks and see cousins actually win games and see people speculate we would bring in cousins

Who do you think is better cousins or colt?

does washington have any other QB's on the roster? I assume 3 is enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #531 (isolation #67) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

I had a feeling Colt McCoy had something left in the tank when he left cleveland. It was amusing seeing him play against Weeden

He is more mobile than cousins, but I'm not sure he is better than cousins. If RG3 is not healthy Colt is worth another start next week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #533 (isolation #68) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 532, shaft.ed wrote:I dont think you realize how bad Cousins was playing

Also, Cleveland is where QBs go to die
you should really feel sorry for any qb they draft

He has had as many bad games as colt when colt was a brown

And currently he has more good games than colt

I'm not saying Cousins is great. I'm saying he 'might' be better than colt. I'm not convinced Colt > Cousins

Colt needs to do well against minnesota to convince me. And after last night, if washington has lost confidence in cousins then colt should start against minesota
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #535 (isolation #69) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 534, shaft.ed wrote:So beating Dallas = meh
Besting the Vikings = real deal

making more than one good performance = better deal in comparison to cousins who did well against eagles and jaguars

eagles ~ dallas
jags < minnesota
eagles+jags < dallas+minesota
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #537 (isolation #70) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Russel wilson was real good against the rams a week ago but his team still lost

He is not the reason seatle lost

cousins is not the reason redskins lost to eagles
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (isolation #71) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

dallas with healthy romo ~ eagles
eagles > dallas without romo or with unhealthy romo

you can argue kirk did better against the eagles than colt did against the cowboys
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #540 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 539, Thestatusquo wrote:He is, however, the reason they lost to the giants.

true, which is understandable why washington lost confidence in him. But I'm not willing to say colt > kirk just yet
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

SleepyKrew wrote:Cousins absolutely should've been benched. He was playing atrociously.

I will admit his benching was good. Washington would have prefered to start a healthy RG3, but as he was not healthy they had to go with someone else. Picking colt over cousins history wise is dificult. picking colt over cousins based only on cousins recent failures which will be focused on by most fans is what i think washington did
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #547 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 543, SleepyKrew wrote:It's really hard to judge either of them based off "history" when they're both so inexperienced.

point taken

I'm willing to admit that benching kirk was a good call, but I am not sure running with colt is a good call. The moment RG3 is healthy he should be in there

This may be a bit of an extreme way to look at it so i apoligize for my bad language, but lets say you see 2 piles of shit. One pile of shit is recent and the other was left a long time ago. Which one is going to smell worst right now? The more recent one. Which one really is worse? The one that is harder to cleanup
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #549 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 547, PokerFace wrote:
In post 543, SleepyKrew wrote:It's really hard to judge either of them based off "history" when they're both so inexperienced.

point taken

I'm willing to admit that benching kirk was a good call, but I am not sure running with colt is a good call. The moment RG3 is healthy he should be in there

This may be a bit of an extreme way to look at it so i apoligize for my bad language, but lets say you see 2 piles of shit. One pile of shit is recent and the other was left a long time ago. Which one is going to smell worst right now? The more recent one. Which one really is worse? The one that is harder to cleanup

You know the best part about this analogy. The one that is a more "solid" will have better "cleanup"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #550 (isolation #76) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Earlier I said Buffalo was overeacting sitting E.J. Looking at the season so far Orton has out played E.J.

Buffalo will draft a new QB and get rid of E.J. next year.

Tampa and STL may consider drafting new QBs pending their thoughts on Glennon and Davis+Braford.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #552 (isolation #77) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Predictions I made at year start
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6058932

Predictions I make at 1/2 way through

AFC East - Rex Ryan will not be with jets next year. They'll also draft a new QB
NE
MIA
BUF
NYJ

AFC North - All Finish above .500
CIN
PIT
BAL
CLE

AFC South
IND
HOU
TEN
GAX

AFC West
DEN
KC
SD
OAK

NFC East
PHI
DAL
- 6 - Romo will be out but assuming he gets healthy they will barely make it in
WAS
NYG

NFC North
DET
GB
CHI
MIN

NFC South
NO
CAR
ATL
TB

NFC West
ARI
SEA
SF
STL

PIT > CIN
KC < IND
DAL < DET
GB > NO

PIT < NE
IND < DEN
GB < ARI
DET < PHI

DEN < NE
PHI > ARI

NE > PHI
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #553 (isolation #78) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 551, Thestatusquo wrote:The thing with EJ isn't whether he is currently a better QB than Orton, it's whether he can develop to be. I don't think anything in his play suggested that he was a lost cause or wasn't developing enough to the point where you start orton (who is not a long term solution) over him, but apparently buffalo disagrees.

I would agree Orton is not a long term solution.

I would agree that E.J. was not doing horrible and should not have been sat.

But as Orton is outplaying him, Buffalo is going to continue down the path they went on and find someone to replace E.J. They won't realize they were wrong about E.J. as long as they think they were right about Orton

EJ should be able to find another team that will give him a shot. If Jax or OAK does not have 100% confidence in their new QBs, they should come a knocking. ARI may also show interest while NYJ, TB, STL should want something more than a possible side step
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #555 (isolation #79) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

The second one
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #559 (isolation #80) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Colin Kaepernick is above average though probably between 12-16 qb overall

Tony Romo WHEN HEALTHY is likly 10th overall. Dallas was dumb to put him back in against Washington. And they should continue to rest him against JAX. Can Weedon beat JAX? I don't know. Will Tony get worse if he plays? YES! Tony going to London for that game is a dumb idea. Jerry should risk Kitna or Weedon again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #561 (isolation #81) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Top 16 QBs:

Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Big Ben
Phillip Rivers
Matt Ryan
Jay Cutler
Tony Romo
Cam Newton
Russell Wilson
Colin Kapernick
Stafford
Flacco
Eli

I would take Tebow over Geno Smith

I have browns missing playoffs and finishing low in my earlier predictions because our division is currently the strongest statistically and because loosing Alex Mack really hurt our run game. We ran horribly last 3 games against some bad teams. I don't think we will make it even if Gordon manages to not get suspended again. We should draft Oline and Dline next year. May also need WR given the over under on Gordon suspensions does not bode well for us
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #581 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

gamsimbre wrote:psh if Orton wins against the chiefs, I'll switch my avi to him. But that's not gonna happen as much as I'd like to see my bills win :P

Certainly wouldn't be the biggest upset this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #586 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok, what's the chant?

It should be noted that I think Orton is a good QB but not a great QB or a franchise QB. Given Orton's play Buffalo is gonna walk the path of get a new qb in the next draft. Trade E.J. Train the new guy up while Orton continues to start. And this is exactly what Orton wanted when he left Dallas, an organization that would let him start.

I'm kinda surprised Tampa and Lovie Smith got Josh McCown instead of Orton during free agency. I think Orton would have fit in better in Tampa. Got the starting job he wanted sooner and Tampa would have gotten more time to ripen Mike Glennon. Also let's face it, would you rather play in cold buffalo or sunny Florida? Would you rather throw the ball to Mike Evans and Vicent Jackson or Only Sammy Watkins?
Somebody is probably still miffed about the Jay Cutler thing. I personally think that somebody(s) should have swallowed his pride and asked the other about a job
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #587 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I really hope Peterson does not get re-instated. He does not deserve to play again this season. Also if he does, there will be a media and public uproar that will ruin my football watching
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #592 (isolation #85) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I can't believe that was Andy. I said earlier in the year he did not deserve that new contract, but not even I thought he was gonna play that bad.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #594 (isolation #86) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I didn't even pick the browns. I usually make my divisional picks based on who is at home. I thought it would be close and we would loose near the end. Now we are tied for the division lead
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #596 (isolation #87) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

The following video is currently on the homepage of nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights

Nfl.com rubbing salt in the wound
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

The title does make it worse but seriously who took the time to compile those scenes together into that video? Who would waste that much time or be that big a hater? And who allowed that to go on page 1? Serious Dalton hate going on!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #601 (isolation #89) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

My vote for biggest upset this year goes the NYJ > PIT as they led the entire game over them while all other upsets this season have been losses in the final minutes

Browns lead the AFC NORTH!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #602 (isolation #90) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

I regret the 1/2 year prediction i made already. I want to say browns make the playoffs now

Arizona will still make the playoffs but i think making the NFC championship is now out of the question with Palmer down. At least the Superbowl will still be played in pheonix
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #605 (isolation #91) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Beating Cin in Cin is huge. I think we can hold off Andy in Cleveland. If we can beat Baltimore in Baltimore, I think we got it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #608 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I still can't believe saints and chargers let him go
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #609 (isolation #93) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

TNF
Buffalo's offense looked bad. Fred jackson needs to get healthy cause that run game was wretched

Miami looked alright. About where I expected them to be

The refs made some really bad calls. The safety off of intentional grounding looked like an incomplete pass. It was in range of the receiver, it looked nothing like intentional grounding. There were some bad pass interference calls too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #611 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

real refs sometimes bad

fake refs majority of time were bad

and I think the thing that hurt them most was everyone knew they were not real. So everyone expected they would screw up and I think even they expected it. So things eventually led to them inadvertently fulfilling the expectations

You say you are going to fuck up enough times, and you will
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #613 (isolation #95) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 612, Thestatusquo wrote:Dat 24 yard PI call was abysmal. Just, that was a perfect defensive play. You're allowed to touch the receiver if you get there at the same time as the ball and you don't alter their course.

I agree. Alot of bad pass interference calls have been made this season. They stepped up its enforcement too much. It was fine where it was
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #615 (isolation #96) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

a mafia game i was in just ended. In that game I was a vig that killed people by beating them to death. as I was a limited vig and not a full vig I opted to hold off beating anyone up at night at one point in the game. Here is a relevant NFL related joke I made with the mod when i decided to beat up no one

PokerFace wrote:
farside22 wrote:Your night 1 action was successful.

Thats good. Considering the flips at the start of the day I'm amazed I'm alive.

The odd night aspects of baezu's claim gave me pause but the unkillable parts made me think he was scum and that the odd night stuff was a total lie. I've claimed odd night immunity as scum before. Given this is a farside setup everything is possible. Even multiball

I enjoy multiball when I'm scum, as it gives scum a chance to legitimately scum hunt, but since I'm not scum, this game has the capability of racking up a high body count in almost no time. Me killing every other night may be too much for this game. I need to be careful not to beat up good innocent people. (If only Adrien Petersen, Rey Rice, and various other assholes had thought this way)

I need to make it clear to the town I didn't kill dybeck or reinoe. After that the best strategy open to me is to trick the scum, sk, or whatever into claiming vig. Then I beat the shit out of them the next night.

This has been thoughts from the mind of pokerface
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #617 (isolation #97) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

your game was awesome and it was a very appropriate comment

night 1 I ate spinach and was Popeye the sailor. with spinach i could beat people up and everytime i killed i needed to eat again the next night. that was how i was a limited vig. If I was a full vig, I would have followed the book of "Pie is good" and killed everynight obviously
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #619 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

at start of season i wanted at least 8-8 out of the browns. As we are 6-4 I think we'll get that. Playoffs still possible. I don't think we'll beat the colts. it will be a question of if 10-6 or 9-7 is enough as at most i see us dropping 2 against buf, bal, cin, atl, car
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #620 (isolation #99) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 601, PokerFace wrote:My vote for biggest upset this year goes the NYJ > PIT as they led the entire game over them while all other upsets this season have been losses in the final minutes

Browns lead the AFC NORTH!

Rams stole biggest upset of the year from the jets with Rams thrashing of denver.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #626 (isolation #100) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Buffalo snow has drown their stadium. I think they should be playing in Toronto or in New Jersey and have the Jets owe them a home game. Detroit is a dumb move. Will their be fans actually there for those teams?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/20/buffal ... new-jersey

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/sport ... .html?_r=0

Also GJ raiders. I thought KC was a dark horse SB pick. Now they look beyond dark horse
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #628 (isolation #101) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

The drive to and from Detroit will be longer than the game. Toronto should be happening! Or i don't know since both teams are in new york, can't they find 1 free stadium in new york to hold this? Seriously this is a bad idea.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #633 (isolation #102) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

At least there will be alot of people at home watching it on TV...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #638 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I like obj better for that reason

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Since that's live

Filling out my game picks rest of season, I am now seeing
1. NE
2. DEN
3. PIT
4. IND
5. KC
6. CLE

1. ARI
2. GB
3. PHI
4. NO
5. DAL
6. DET

CLE > PIT
KC < IND
DET < PHI = Assuming Foles is back otherwise Detroit wins
DAL > NO

CLE < NE
IND < DEN
PHI < GB = or they beat dallas
DAL < ARI = or they beat detroit

DEN < NE
GB > ARI

NE > GB
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #640 (isolation #104) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 639, The Fonz wrote:
In post 628, PokerFace wrote:The drive to and from Detroit will be longer than the game. Toronto should be happening! Or i don't know since both teams are in new york, can't they find 1 free stadium in new york to hold this? Seriously this is a bad idea.

Apparently with the short notice, the "In another country" thing is a pretty big problem. Not everyone who'd have to travel having a passport, etc.

Yes, I thought about that shooting down the Toronto idea last night, still detroit feels like a bad idea. Something closer to buffalo would have been better. They really could find nothing in NY? Did they want something impartial to both that bad? And if so there were still alot of free stadiums that were closer. Pit was on bye. Did Jets not want to be there?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #641 (isolation #105) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also is buffalo gonna be ready for a game next week? Because if they aren't having CLE play BUF in detroit will not be impartial. It will be pro cleveland in those stands
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #644 (isolation #106) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Manziel was near bottom on my list of qbs i wanted out of the draft. I really hope he proves me wrong one day and does good for us, but that day is not here yet

Mike smith kinda gifted us a game this week but I think hoyer plays well and beats buffalo next week

Only games that worry me are the IND game and the BAL game. We win one of those and i think we get in
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #647 (isolation #107) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
In post 644, PokerFace wrote:Manziel was near bottom on my list of qbs i wanted out of the draft. I really hope he proves me wrong one day and does good for us, but that day is not here yet

oh I think he'll make a great QB...for the Browns

That hurts

I think Carr is best. We won't get chance to truly consider galacanokis as best for a few years

If browns loose chance at playoff due to some bad play I will want manziel to get a start simply so we can see what he has got and move on
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #649 (isolation #108) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

how ind 3rd seed and Pit 4th? I didn't think that was a possibility?

SD has a horrible end of year schedule and it is reason they won't make it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #650 (isolation #109) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok i see where ind gets 3rd and pit gets 4th. Ind wins out, CIN beats pit, MIA beats BAL, NYJ beats MIA. Those last 2 together feel difficult

AFC so damn strong as a whole biggest obstacle browns will have. If only we were in NFC south where there is a chance their division leader won't be .500
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #653 (isolation #110) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'd rather have gordon and hoyer over watkins and orton

Hope your stadium is usable this week

Thanks for the details fonzie
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #654 (isolation #111) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams should draft a QB next year. Bills will draft a qb next year. Cardinals should go after bradford or EJ as a team future and palmer backup

Jets should draft a qb next year. Vick should go to a team that needs someone to challenge their descent QB. I think Tennessee and Locker could use him

Houston should keep fritz and mallet. Mallet should be the future of that team and fritz is still a good backup

Cincinnati should not have paid Dalton as much as they did for a 6 year deal. They may want to bring in whoever the cardinals don't grab to challenge Dalton

No clue what washington should do to reboot their qb situation. Improve the Oline and try Colt more, I don't know? Changing their name would probably also be good for the team. I think Washington Hogs, Pigs or something along those lines would be a good team name moving forward.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #656 (isolation #112) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

What would you suggest washington do?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #668 (isolation #113) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 666, Konowa wrote:Yeah, looked it up after I replied. Why is Cleveland winning and Carolina losing then?

Because Cleveland relies on running the ball and carolina has not had a solid run game this year. Also Carolina should not have let Smith go. Benjamin is good but if both smith and benjamin were in carolina they would take NFC south
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #677 (isolation #114) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

I brought up the draft stuff and redskins for discussion and to state my opinion. I know very little about the draft class but the needs of those nfl teams are obvious

Cam is a better QB than mccown and glennon but I can't see him beating Luck, Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Romo, Rivers, Ryan, or Russel so he's not in my top 10
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #681 (isolation #115) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 679, PJ. wrote:Can we stop calling Roethlisberger "rapist"? Cause he was never convicted or even charged. Thanks.

Very well

Also there are alot of QB's with the last name R that are good....QBRs....

Bad Joke is Bad
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #743 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 671, Konowa wrote:Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees

Who do you take out and replace with Cam?

Fix that for you. Romo is top 10 not top 5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #746 (isolation #117) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Aronis wrote:
In post 743, PokerFace wrote:
In post 671, Konowa wrote:Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees

Who do you take out and replace with Cam?

Fix that for you. Romo is top 10 not top 5

Ummm, have you looked at the NFC South recently?

The Cowboys didn't play well yesterday, the Saints haven't played well all year.

Its true that the NFC south is wretched this year and its winner could be in the playoffs below .500 but I don't think this means Brees sucks. The Saints are having a bad year, but looking at what Brees has achieved in previous years, all the yardage records, I don't think Brees is their problem. I think their problem lies somewhere else. Jarius Byrd is on IR. Roman Harper is a panther now. Darren sproles is an eagle now, letting him go was dumb. Mark ingram being injuried/out for i think it was 6 weeks also doesn't help. Erratic run game, big losses to defence and special teams, let's not forget how many receptions sproles used to get as a saint. Philly does not use him as much as Saints did in the pass game. I will admit Brees is having a lack luster year but the saints problems are not him. And I would rather have Brees than Romo.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #747 (isolation #118) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 745, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 741, Konowa wrote:-Someone- is going to sign him, he is talented, for the league minimum. Any potential playoff teams need a RB?

I think the only way that he gets signed this year is if a playoff team has someone go down for the season with an injury, particularly Indy and Denver who are short staffed already. Otherwise negative publicity not going to be worth it.

Offseason he should get a few offers

I hate to say it but I agree with llama

Ravens won't take him especially since forsett is doing great but any team that could use a quick rb fix when in a jam could come a knocking
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #752 (isolation #119) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 00554418~1

That url thing you copy is long. I think this is best chance cleveland will get
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #755 (isolation #120) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kyle Shanahan used to be with texans and redskins

People once talked about cleveland getting cousins.

If Manziel falls flat and browns make a play for cousins or RG3 at the end of this year, I will break things
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #768 (isolation #121) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay if EJ had gone well they would be great. If they get awesome EJ replacement and not the temporary Orton placeholder, they'll be in the post season next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #772 (isolation #122) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Orton is not doing bad and he is doing better than EJ, but Orton is not a star

The buffalo TE situation could likly use a star too as Watkins and woods are good wrs and having a good 3rd option would also go well

Reck, what else do you perceive is missing in buffalo?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #775 (isolation #123) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here is how I feel about Hoyer vs Manziel before the team makes a decision on who to start later today

I still think Hoyer should have been allowed to finish last weeks game. 4 of our 7 wins resulted from comebacks he engineered. We didn't give him a chance to engineer one last week against buffalo

Is Hoyer still good, yes
Should we start him, NO!
We need to see what Manziel is capable of NOW before we get to CIN as that is a must win game.

Now that we have put Manziel in I don't think we can go back. Going back to Hoyer will further indecisiveness and Browns have a bad history of being indecisive. Starting Hoyer or Manziel will not decide whether we beat IND or not. I don't think either will help us beat IND. We will need to win out to make the playoffs after we loose to IND. Starting Manziel against IND will give Manziel EXP despite the loss and that expierence will be needed for Manziel to beat CIN. Starting Hoyer and loosing will force Cleveland to call for Manziel against CIN. MAnziel is inevitably going to need to start against CIN now. And if we want Manziel to have a chance in that game he needs to start against IND. And once he starts both those games we will either be still be in playoff contention or we will be out of it. If we are out of it, continuing to start Johnny is the right call. If we are in it, continuing to start Johnny is also the right call! Need to see what he is capable of vs need to move forward and make the playoffs. Hoyer is good but starting Johnny is the right call
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #779 (isolation #124) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:with the number of teams at 7-5 fighting for one wild card slot, every game is a must win

Technically no. MIA plays BAL, CIN plays PIT, BUF plays DEN. Since 5 of those 6 are 7-5 it is impossible for all 7-5 teams besides the browns to win next week. Thus even if CLE looses to IND, CLE is not completely eliminated from contention. Only if we loose twice are we screwed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #781 (isolation #125) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are correct, I forgot CIN had a tie. However there are ways browns can loose to IND and still make playoffs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 00554418~1

So we are not out of contention until we loose twice. If we loose twice Johnny should be started as our season is over

I don't think Hoyer and Browns can beat IND. I don't think Manziel and Browns beat IND. If Hoyer and browns loose Cleveland fans will cheer for Johnny Football against CIN regardless of how Hoyer does. Do you disagree with either of these?
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #783 (isolation #126) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Them subbing in Johnny and now moving back to Hoyer feels like we are backtracking

Yes hoyer did well against CIN but if he does bad against IND, majority of cleveland fans will want Johnny and if that chant starts it will not end

I hope Hoyer does well the entire game otherwise indecisiveness gonna ruin the rest of our season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #797 (isolation #127) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hoyer is unquestionably more mature than Johnny and I think that makes Hoyer the better game manager and decision maker atm.

Johnny is not ready in that regard with how the cleveland team is built.

The big question on Johnny is does he have the right talent for cleveland and I guess we will wait on that now

Hoyer = Cleveland's Orton for the time being
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #801 (isolation #128) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Going into this year it was obvious TB sucked and Carolina would be set back by the FA of most of its receiving core, but I didn't think Carolina would be set this far back.

Falcons need help on dline and oline. Mike Smith will not be their coach next year

All ready said what went wrong with Saints.

NFC South better fix its issues next year they are statistically the worst division and AFC north is statistically the best this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #802 (isolation #129) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 793, SleepyKrew wrote:Cam Newton
used to
have an attitude problem but now
he's elite

your statement is true but I kinda feel he is on the edge of becoming elite. I am not sure he is truly there yet. But I think he will be there soon

and used to, I think he may still have some of that problem but yay he has gotten alot better than he first was

If Manziel ends up having a simular career to Cam in the future, I'll be pleased with that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #808 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 803, SleepyKrew wrote:Oh wow someone took that post seriously

I want to be hopeful for Johnny, I thought you were trying to do the same and not trying to further the Anti-Cam agenda with sarcasm
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #815 (isolation #131) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

If all the hype about Marshawn leaving Seattle comes true, I bet Murray goes to Seattle. Would be perfect replacement, good team with post season hopes. Another possibility would be Saints since I'd rather have interest in Murray to help the run game than Rey Rice

Seattle may take a good look at Dez to replace Harvin

Or NE could go for Dez since BB can handle Dez's character and get Brady a deadly weapon
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #817 (isolation #132) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Browns gonna need
more than luck
to win this week...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #821 (isolation #133) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

I did say if the no more Lynch hype was true. The loss of Harven and Lynch frees up alot. Maybe not enough for both Dez/Demarco, but should be able to afford one

My earlier guess is Dez to Seatle and Murray to New Orleans

Sean Peyton is rumored to have been going for Rey Rice. I'd take Murray over Rey Rice in skill and character any day!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #843 (isolation #134) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

When we got Billy Cundiff a longtime ago I knew it would be bad for us. He makes that field goal he should have made, we would have won. Can we get a new kicker this late in the season? One that is not the statistical worst kicker in league? One that has not missed a 5 field goals in his last 5 games?

It is unknown if Johnny would have helped or not. But the fans will want him next week as Hoyer was unimpressive. Hoyer should have finished the Bills game, and if he failed to come back then Manziel should have started against IND
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #845 (isolation #135) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

We should have. Couldn't have been worse
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #847 (isolation #136) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Johnny + exp vs CIN > Johnny vs CIN

Who's got 2 thumbs and saw this coming

<<this guy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #849 (isolation #137) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

This is why he needed exp. Should have started him against the colts and gotten his first game over with then

Can't say we would have won those games but Johnny with exp > johnny without so we would be looking better moving forward

They should obv start him rest of year to see how he is. Fairly certain we can not make playoffs now anyway
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #855 (isolation #138) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sitting Hoyer during 4th quarter against bills was the mistake where they started waving the flag. He mounted a few comebacks and should have been given a chance to mount another this year. Following that up with Hoyer vs the colts was a recipe for indecision. Cleveland has a particular sort of fan base. They were guaranteed to shout for Manziel after that even though the true reason for the loss was Cundiff. And Manziel had a poor chance beating CIN as he was, Manziel with exp would have at least had a better chance. If you are gonna start running, keep running Forest!

Hoyer did beat CIN earlier in the year but the fan base would not let him go again. I think the only way we could have been saved was in Cundiff made the kick. Then they would have done the smart thing and kepy Manziel on bench. We started down a bad path and just kept going like every year and I saw it coming. Starting Manziel against IND could have lessened the blow I think. Hell this crazy fan base may have wanted Hoyer against CIN if Manziel lost bad in IND.

The path of QB indecision claims us again. Might as well start Manziel rest of season now

tldr I do agree Hoyer > Manziel but cleveland majority ain't gonna see that. Which is why Hoyer first got pulled against Buffalo when we still had a chance
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #858 (isolation #139) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

If pats beat jets and Cin beats Denver, Pats will sit starters vs bills and bill may sneak into playoffs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #859 (isolation #140) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

wait nevermind they need more help than that

Houston and Bills need good QBs, they get them and they make playoffs next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #860 (isolation #141) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am rather surprised Cutler is being Sat. He was not doing his best but still better than alot of other QBs I still had him top 16 in NFL in my rankings. Clausen is not going to outplay him. bears will loose their final 2 games

Cutler will be hard to trade for financial reasons though I could see Tennessee thinking about it or picking him up if Bears cut cutler next year

Got a bad feeling Browns will reach out to WAS for a QB backup should we not resign Hoyer. Don't think we'll draft another QB to compete with Manziel

How long is Vick's contract with NYJ?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #867 (isolation #142) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tampa might get Cutler given Lovie Smith. Tennessee may get Cutler as Jay has ties to Tennessee too.

Oak should trade back like Panzer says, Ari should trade up to get the QB Tampa/Tenesee does not get. ARI has few other holes and Palmer could break again anytime

I hesitate to think WAS will make another trade up for a high profile QB. The last one did not go well for them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #868 (isolation #143) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams news i have looked at says they are crazy enough to give bradford another shot. I am shocked at reading that. They will likely bring in someone to compete with him

Vick or RG 3 to St. Louis?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #878 (isolation #144) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Philly missing the playoffs and panthers/falcons making it is a sad thing

A weird thought crossed my mind. Given how he knows desean and has a simular skill set to RG3, you think Washington will dump Cousins to someone and bring in vick?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #882 (isolation #145) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Atlanta did beat them during the regular season so I'd believe it

Logically I think Seatle or Green Bay will take NFC and NE should take AFC

I'd fall down laughing and crying if Dallas won it all. Jerry would finally realize he made the right pick and it would give all the Romo haters the chance to put their foot in their mouths

So yay my heart wants Dallas to win it all while my head thinks Seatle, Green Bay or New England
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #888 (isolation #146) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 884, hasdgfas wrote:I don't think that the super rare instance of an 8-8 or worse team winning a division is worth making a super awkward change to the playoff rules. Heck, the last 8-8 team to make the playoffs won a game!

I agree with cow

Also the 2010 seahawks that were 7-9 and first under .500 team in playoffs beat the 11-5 saints in the first round of the 2010 playoffs

Its unfortunate the eagles miss it but shit happens
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #903 (isolation #147) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay NFL playoffs are fine the way they are. Its rare for below .500 to make and 11-5's to miss (11-5 pats missed in 2008) but considering all teams know the score at the start of the season, they all could have played better to make it

Playoff prediction time

BAL < PIT
CIN < IND
ARI < CAR
DET < DAL

CAR < SEA
DAL > GB (I don't think a 1 legged rodgers can beat Romo like he beat stafford)
PIT > DEN
IND < NE

PIT < NE
DAL < SEA

NE < SEA
Head thinks^

Though my heart wants
DAL > SEA
DAL > NE
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #904 (isolation #148) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also I personally believe Suh needs suspended playoffs and then some for stepping on Rodgers. He likly needs fined double and suspended double his last punishment for stepping on a player
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... on-rodgers

If you step on something and don't know what it is, you look down and access the situation. You don't keep walking like nothing happened. You can't tell me he didn't realize he stepped on rodger's leg twice and you can't tell me it was an accident.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #906 (isolation #149) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-one-game
yay the 1 game suspension is not enough. I doubt lions win this week but he should have got suspended remainder of playoffs in case they did win
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #922 (isolation #150) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

He's not an nfl QB but he was one in college wasn't he?

Also I believe Carolina is first back to back NFC Division winner since the division's creation

Coach of the year: Arians (ARI)
Offensive POY: De Marco Murray
Defensive POY: Watt (HOU)
Rookie of the year: Beckham (NYG)
Comeback player: Orton (BUF) or Arian Foster (HOU)
MVP: Watt (HOU) I want but its gonna be Rodgers (GB) because of how QB's get all the love
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #925 (isolation #151) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

The hardest thing to pick feels like its is comeback player of the year.

my defensive rookie would have to be Mack as well

Cam Newton may superman when he scores but at least he has the class to say the Carolina fans were wrong to cheer when Manziel got injuried. Cam's maturity has gotten better as he has played the game and if Manziel got to be as good as him I would be happy. I still take the road of Cam is not elite yet but I think he will be soon. Had Panthers kept smith I think Cam would have had a better year and could have been elite now. And I think they could have been 9-7 or 10-6 at least

Its a shame the betting lines fell like this. I'm not sure I'm gonna throw any money down this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #929 (isolation #152) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

above avg or above mid tier. Should be top tier in time.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #931 (isolation #153) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looking at schedules the NFC south played the AFC north this year. 1 Division was strongest overall and 1 was weakest overall record wise. This would imply north may be weaker and south should be stronger

AFC north schedules next year gonna be evil. They got both afc and nfc west :(
http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/2015-nfl ... edules.php
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #933 (isolation #154) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 924, PJ. wrote:
He's so good guys. 2nd highest QBR over the last 4 games.
Team finally got it together. Cam the best. I can see the Panthers making the NFC championship if some funky stuff happens(Lions beat the boys, Rodgers injury is more serious than people think and he has to sit out). God damn I love being right.

I did not check stats to see if you right or not but I assume you are not counting the TB game he sat out due to back issues after car accident, correct?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #941 (isolation #155) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Coaching Carousal

Maybe Mike Shanahan to SF
Todd Bowles to Atlanta makes perfect sense.
Jets should consider the offensive coordinators of Seattle and Denver
Bears are likely to go after Rex or Rob Ryan given the history of their Father with the bears
Raiders should go after the Ryan the Bears don't take. Rob is likely better suited there or they could go after Seattle's Defensive Coordinator Especially if Marshawn leaves Seattle after this year. I could see him going to Oakland with some of his Seattle buddies. Mike Holmgren may also be consideration for Oakland
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #973 (isolation #156) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:More Cam, More Playoffs, More Greatness.

Hawks Panthers NFC championship.

They will play sooner than that. I don't see Detroit defeating Dallas
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #977 (isolation #157) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

As a suh hater who thinks he should have remained suspended and fined more, I am fine with the dallas win. I hope they do not bring him back next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #982 (isolation #158) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

The calls or non-calls on both those items were bad for Detroit, but Detroit only getting 3 points during the second half was also bad. They should have gone for it on 4th and 1 instead of punting

Considering how that game went, I think a 1 legged Rodgers should beat Romo and since a 1 legged Rodgers already beat Detroit I will still be fine with Detroit having been eliminated
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #984 (isolation #159) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

yep. Detroit winning would have setup DET vs SEA and CAR vs GB though. Does anyone think DET would beat SEA? Does anyone besides Panzer think CAR beats GB?

Who you picking CAR or SEA Panzer?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #994 (isolation #160) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

That's a pretty crazy system. Even had detroit won they would loose to seatle and carolina would loose to GB. As long as its seatle vs gb in the nfc final we're back on track
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #995 (isolation #161) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 992, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 991, Quagmire wrote:you're right, but what's the line? if it's SEA -7 or higher i'd def take CAR on that bet. this is the best team SEA has played probably since losing to DAL in October.

Yeah 7.5 is probably the split (its opened about -10.5), but Seattle has won 7 of their last 8 by 10+. I would probably skip the bet on this one, maybe take the under 40

Indy +7 looks like a good bet too, wouldn't mind the over 52.5 for Dallas/Green Bay as well.

Seatle and Carolina is a good game to take the under on. I'd also stay away from the spread on this one

If rodgers is healthy the over is a good bet. If he is not I'd shy away from betting there. Any idea what the GB vs Dallas spread is at?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #998 (isolation #162) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I see some sites now setting the seatle vs carolina line at -11. I really don't see Seatle beating them by that much so I may bet they don't cover especially if they move that line further. Likly Under

GB vs Dallas still feels like a game I won't bet anything on. Rodgers health in question really blurs things

BAL is worse than past and NE is better than past so NE will win but can't see them covering spread. Good time to bet under

DEN vs IND I would absolutely bet the over and avoid betting the spread since it could be decided by a TD
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #999 (isolation #163) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey what qualifies as comeback player? It does not have to be you got injuried last season, it just has to be you were bad last and are good now, right? Instead of Orton or Foster, Justin Forsett bears great consideration for this award given how poor he was in 2013 compared to 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1005 (isolation #164) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1003, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 998, PokerFace wrote:BAL is worse than past and NE is better than past so NE will win but can't see them covering spread. Good time to bet under

If a road team wins I would bet the Ravens, they have played very well against NE, especially on the road (5-0 against the +7 spread since 2009 in NE) and are 2-1 all time on the road in playoffs in New England. +250 there has so much value, sure the Patriots probably win, but that value...

I agree this is exactly why Patriots will not cover that spread at all. Throw your cashes down!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1006 (isolation #165) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ive-cousin
I feel as though that article made me dumber

Interesting stat, over their last 3 meetings there have only been only 4 offensive TD drives between the seahawks and the panthers out of the 57 drives that have gone on. This is why you bet the under and Seattle NOT to cover
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1009 (isolation #166) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am rather surprised and i believe they also forced the over on that game

At least my theory of patriots not covering was right
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1012 (isolation #167) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Strong defence + Great Defensive minded coach = Playoffs?

Guess we'll find out
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1023 (isolation #168) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The ball appeared to touch the ground. Shortly after that the ball went into the air again and Dez caught it again. The fact the ball went back into the air, leads me to believe the ground bounced it out of his hands. And if the ball bounced then it hit the ground and it was incomplete. It was the right call even though that rule sucks. Calvin got robbed more than Dez did
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1025 (isolation #169) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1013, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 1012, PokerFace wrote:Strong defence + Great Defensive minded coach = Playoffs?

Guess we'll find out

But its a team with QB issues already, meaning that will never get resolved. Maybe wildcard team.

Considering how bills were almost wild card this year, I figure they get someone better than Orton and they are a wild card. Theres a lot better than Orton out there and personally I didn't think EJ was that bad. They did not give him enough shot. I wonder if Rex will or who their new man under center will be
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1026 (isolation #170) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1024, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 1023, PokerFace wrote:It was the right call even though that rule sucks.

Exactly.

There is a difference in getting robbed due to refs
non
call and having a correct call that leaves a bitter taste.

FTF Lions Fans.

We are back to GB vs Seatle
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1031 (isolation #171) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Calvin's catch looked more complete than this catch, but I suppose that's a judgement call. Can't make this rule a judgement call can we? I am not a lions fan nor am I a Cowboys fan. I would have loved to see Romo win it all and silence his haters, but that won't be this year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1033 (isolation #172) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'd sooner put money on whoever NFC puts up. Seatle and GB are both capable of beating NE. IND gonna loose to NE
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1035 (isolation #173) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

People sure want to argue about

If seatle beats GB by some wierd call and NE beats Seattle by some wierd call I will be mad. I don't want that shit. This better be last questionable call in my playoffs

Also Brady is a wimp. Those hits on him were not that bad and he got pissed.

Football should be football and not
flag
football!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1037 (isolation #174) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

We need a college foot ball thread next year

Scrooge McDuck should be mascot/icon for Ducks Bucks Bowl
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1041 (isolation #175) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

O
H
I
O
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1053 (isolation #176) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1047, pickemgenius wrote:Mariotta isnt an NFL QB boys.

Oregon cant even win the game when gifted 3 fucking turnovers.

Ohio State made mistakes but kept producing points and getting yards against Oregon's defense. Oregon's offense of drop happy receivers lost it for them. I don't fault Mariotta. Had they scored off each of those turnover's it would have been high scoring phenomenal game.

Woo Go Bucks!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1060 (isolation #177) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 922, PokerFace wrote:Coach of the year: Arians (ARI)
Offensive POY: De Marco Murray (DAL)
Defensive POY: Watt (HOU)
Rookie of the year: Beckham (NYG)
Comeback player:
Kyle Orton
Justin Forsett (BAL)
MVP: Aaron Rodgers will get it even though Watt deserves it

Looked up and yes Forsett does qualify for comeback player. There are some nfl.com articles from analysts making the same pick. And I think Forsett deserves it more than Foster and Orton
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1062 (isolation #178) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not a fan of the seahawks but I feel they have best chance to win the superbowl at this point in the year. So you better start rooting for Packers and Patriots

Final Four Rankings

Seattle
New England
Green Bay
Indianapolis
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1071 (isolation #179) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

The bucaneers coordinater search currently includes Marc Tresman who did wonders with McCown when he was a Bear. With this in mind it seems they have not given up on McCown, so they may not draft a QB. I personally think if they don't get Tresman, they should draft one. And as I don't think Tresmann will eagerly take a coordinater job after just being a head coach, I think I'd get Mariota if I was them. Tennessee needs a QB too, so unless one of them opts for Jay Cutler, Winston and Mariota will both be off the board in no time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1072 (isolation #180) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1068, Sudo_Nym wrote:I feel like Manziel should be forced to reenter the draft.

If it gets him off the browns I'm game. Browns had enough problems with Josh Gordon, we did not need another player with character issues. Us getting another one was bad. Us not getting a receiver in a draft that was filled with good receivers (Watkins, Benjamin, Beckham) was worse. If we don't get some stability and receiver in next draft I am back to rooting for my NFC favorite the Packers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1075 (isolation #181) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Exactly who are you talking to?

Is all of the above an option?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1077 (isolation #182) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

I actually didn't hear about the crabs legs thing and wasn't sure what you meant there. That item does not bother me.

Getting accused of something like that is bad enough. Having enough evidence against you that you'd be associated with that kind of thing says something bad about your character at the very least. Kinda like the saying "the friends you associate with define your character". Enough people want to put that shoe on your foot, odds are it fits even if its not your size

And the frat boy thing is fine if it stays in college, but if it carries over into his life and future, then its a problem
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1082 (isolation #183) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:God damn. I hope I never get falsely accused of something.
Accusations = guilty apparently.

Doesn't matter if winston goes 1st or not, chances are that he'll be a 100 million dollar man in 4 years.

I wouldn't go that far but mislynches do happen for good reasons and having those reasons reflects badly on you. Had I said if "Enough people want to put that noose on your neck, odds are it will fit even if its too big" I would have made 2 mafia references here

Now we should cut this line of discussion off, as I've seen it devolve into insult fights.

I hate when it goes that far and won't be participating further if someone tries to take it there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1090 (isolation #184) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1085, PJ. wrote:I'm talking about the criminal charges, not the
school hearing kangaroo court
thing that was obviously gonna be ruled in his favor all along.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... estigation

They had a school hearing related to it? What was the point of that? Was there something the school itself would do to him if he was found guilty? Feels kinda dumb to do an unofficial one if an official one is in the works. Also feels like they may be imposing double jeopardy with another hearing later on.

That a messed up way to conduct a legal system
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1098 (isolation #185) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1093, PJ. wrote:@PF: Well, an official one was
long cancelled by the time the unofficial one came around.
Cow hit the nail on the head for the rest of it, essentially it was a hearing not to find out whether he broke the law but if he acted unbefitting of the student body or some shit. But the school is never gonna cost themselves millions of dollars(and the recruiting power of sending someone to the nfl) by suspending/kicking out of school their star QB unless their is enough evidence to win a really law suit.
It's totally fucked up that that's the system but that's the system.

The official one being canceled
first
and then them doing unofficial, I am fine with. Only 1 happened and the other does not seem like it will happen

Double jeopardy or anything close to it is fucked up in my booked. OJ being found innocent of murder, I disagreed with. OJ being found guilty of civil charges related to the murder in a separate trial, I disagreed with that trial happening. OJ being found guilty of stealing and other charges related only to a
totally different
crime, I absolutely agreed with
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1101 (isolation #186) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

The 80s-90s are so in! Dallas was in the playoffs. Gas prices super low. Jurassic Park and Terminator are coming to theaters!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1111 (isolation #187) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1109, shaft.ed wrote:i cant even count the number of ways Green Bay should have won that game

but instant karma etc.

Refs did not cause it. So I would not call bad karma on this one. GB just gave it away at the end
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1112 (isolation #188) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Seatle vs New England in the Superbowl. Pretty much everyone saw this coming
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1119 (isolation #189) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

Patriots are under controversy again, this time for deflating footballs. They could loose draft picks

I don't know if they did it or not but I think colts would have benefited from the deflated balls some too. The game was a blowout so I really doubt deflated balls would account for all 38 points the pats won by. If they cheated, they didn't need to especially since they blew colts out earlier in the year too

If karma kicks in, the pats will be the ones to suffer and not the sea hawks
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1121 (isolation #190) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

They would deserve that but Colts don't deserve to be in superbowl. I think Seahawks would blow them out more than Seahawks blew out Denver last year. Luck has most give aways next to Cutler in NFL. I can see Seattle having a field day with them. I want a nice close entertaining game and I think patriots will provide that better
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1124 (isolation #191) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

The 2 interceptions off Russ that were tipped were not his fault

If colts would not have benefited then worse case scenario that I feasibly think could have happened would have been 28-14. (Another td to colts as they would have had more will to fight if not down so far) And inflated balls would not have affected the patriots run game. Brady would at least get 1 TD even with inflated balls, I can't see him getting none
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1134 (isolation #192) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

The hire of Kubiak makes me think they want to rely on and develop the running game better. But as far as that plan being a success, I have my doubts.

Kubiak was a
good coordinater
when he had Forsett and Flacco in Baltimore. Flacco is not a turnover heavy QB but I think he was better with Rey Rice than he was with Forsett because Rice was useful in the passing game

Kubiak was a
mediocre coach
when Houston had a healthy Arian Foster and Ben Tate. But even with them they could not really take the division away from the colts until Peyton went down. And when Foster got unhealthy and Tate got fumble prone, they had to rely on Shaub. So when shaub fell, Kubiak did too.

CJ is good but I am not convinced Ball will pan out well for Denver. And I don't know who Peyton's backup is but I can't imagine it will be easy for anyone to replicate Peyton's success level.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1139 (isolation #193) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:Brock osweiler

Has he ever taken a snap in the nfl? If so, how well has he fared as QB before?
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1141 (isolation #194) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/player/brockosweiler/2533436/profile

We know practically nothing about his skills
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1145 (isolation #195) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzer is right. Also Favre went out one game very early on for injury concerns during 2007 season and Rodgers started a game when GB clinched their division back then. He had some NFL field time unlike Brock
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1146 (isolation #196) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Probowl uniforms are rather repulsive
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1147 (isolation #197) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ts-by-team
seems some of peyton's favorite weapons are about to be free agents. Denver resigning them could effect if peyton comes back or not. Peyton will need to learn a new system and if he has new guys to throw to as well, then I'm thinking he will feel more inclined to call it quits
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1160 (isolation #198) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That catch by Kearse was ridiculous. But the play call to throw and not run with Marshawn when on the 1 and you have a timeout, was more ridiculous. They should have ran it. That was a good superbowl and Seattle made a bad decision at the end
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1176 (isolation #199) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

If Marshawn fumbled, I would feel bad but not as bad as Pete Caroll does right now.

Run the ball on second down. If you fail then call timeout, then you worry about running again or quick passing. Quick pass first to waist clock is completely unnecessary! You are Seattle, focus on doing what you do best which is run the ball. And After you score, you can trust your defense to hold against them for under 20 seconds of clock remaining. You have the best scoring defense! This is what you should have done!

Return to “General Discussion”