Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 170, Salamence20 wrote:I always try to get us out of RVS. It is pro-town, regardless of my actual alignment.

My biggest problems with your play this game is that you didn't do this, not that your theory was wrong. Your talk about why your activity was low is fair enough and I will happily drop this point, but I don't think any of your posts about theory moved the game along or were meant to move the game along. You saying the dayvig should out is cool and all but not at all revolutionary.

In post 170, Salamence20 wrote:On the other side of things, I don't like Xay. All three votes of his have been bandwagons on Iec, WP, and myself, respectively. It just seems like trying to hiding behind the crowd on a mislynch.

Out of all the people on my wagon, Xay's and PV's votes are the worse. PV waits until Nacho tells him to hop on to vote, which seems as justified as Xay's reasoning. I think more pressure need to be put onto PV, Xay, or both.

Are the only scummy things you can pick up at this point are people who sheep? Why do you pick on PV over Xay when both sheeped me after I asked them to (and Xay sheeped me when I asked him to twice)?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Effective immediately, ToastyToast is replacing Witness Protection. Thanks, Toast!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Juls »

I'm a little Leary of how fast salamence's wagon grew. Town don't typically come together that easily on day 1. It could be a bus sure, but the speed is troublesome for me. I've only skimmed since my last post. I have fantasy football today but will read up tomorrow.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 am

Post by Juls »

leery*
iPad is a fan of Dennis Leary apparently
-------------------------------------
Juls
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

With an acute attention to detail, the Virgo is the sign in the zodiac most dedicated to serving. Their deep sense of the humane leads them to caregiving like no other, while their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is missed. The Virgo is often gentle and delicate, preferring to step back and analyze before moving ahead.

Virgo's lucky numbers today: 11, 35, 21, 19, 33, 5

"In every living thing there is the desire for love." - ♍ D. H. Lawrence

Vote Count 1 - 6

• Salamence20 (5) (♌ Dry-fit - ♓ Nachomamma8 - ♐ Xayzeck - ♒ PeregrineV - ♑ StrangerCoug)

Xayzeck (2) (♈ ToastyToast - ♉ Elyse)
    burn_209 (1) (
    ♎ Salamence20
    - ♋ Juls)
    Dry-fit (1) (♊ Gemini Blind -
    ♑ StrangerCoug
    )
    ToastyToast (1) (♍ Iecerint)
    Juls (1) (♏ burn_209)
    PeregrineV (1) (♎ Salamence20)

Not Voting (0) ()

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2014-09-08 15:35:00)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Salamence20 »

@PV: No, not quite. Try again.

@STD: We're not going into this again. Either you're being ignorant or you forgot who I am (a person someone like you would love to policy).

@Nacho: not entirely true, asking about wether the dayvig should out or not is something. It may not be entirely town-focused as you and SC have stated, but it was something to get us out of Random voting. So to some credit, I did (despite it ending up with a speedwagon of myself). Even Slayer's gambit has it's effects. As for my reads, it don't look like anyone else is doing much hunting other than waiting for MY neck to snap. You and SC put me at L-2 on pg. 8. You don't see anything wrong with that? You don't see any opportunity from this. Come on.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Also Nacho, do you not like my reads or just don't like that I'm ignorant to my wagon that hit L-2?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Elyse »

Salamence, are you saying that by being scummy and only talking about theory, you got a wagon on you to get us out of RVS - thus making your actions protown?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 182, Elyse wrote:Salamence, are you saying that by being scummy and only talking about theory, you got a wagon on you to get us out of RVS - thus making your actions protown?

That wasn't my intention to play scummy by asking if dayvig should out that early (page 3). But hey, it got us out of RVS. So yes, protown
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Elyse »

By that logic, do you think it's "fair" that people attack you using stuff that got us out of RVS?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:@STD: We're not going into this again. Either you're being ignorant or you forgot who I am (a person someone like you would love to policy).

His response was legitimate, and your refusal to explain why you feel like STD would wagon you based on personality is anti-town. I know you're leaning town on him but I am not unvoting you until you give him a proper response. Why is it townie for STD to wagon you?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I never said it wasn't fair. I just think that 1. It was faster than normal and 2. I think some scum are on my wagon and is not completely town.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 185, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:@STD: We're not going into this again. Either you're being ignorant or you forgot who I am (a person someone like you would love to policy).

His response was legitimate, and your refusal to explain why you feel like STD would wagon you based on personality is anti-town. I know you're leaning town on him but I am not unvoting you until you give him a proper response. Why is it townie for STD to wagon you?

Based on *something* he thinks I'm dangerous VI out to ruin games.

So why wouldn't he wagon me if he had the chance (like he does now)?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 177, Juls wrote:I'm a little Leary of how fast salamence's wagon grew. Town don't typically come together that easily on day 1. It could be a bus sure, but the speed is troublesome for me. I've only skimmed since my last post. I have fantasy football today but will read up tomorrow.

I don't think that speed of wagon growth and accuracy of wagon are correlated in a way where you can say "wagon is happening too fast, person is town". Every time I have been lynched as scum, my wagon has been incredibly fast because I'm usually pretty successful in fighting it off otherwise: remember how quickly I was lynched in Event Card? If you're uneasy with the wagon, point to the names that you're uncomfortable with and explain why.

In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:not entirely true, asking about wether the dayvig should out or not is something.

It's not a significant enough chunk of content delivered with enough sincerity or conviction where I could declare you town or infer you town or have a tiny inkling of you being town. Everyone's created content equivalent or equal to that with the sole exception of the guy who just replaced in.

In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:Even Slayer's gambit has it's effects.

You aren't town because you're the target of the push that freed us from RVS. Yes, I suppose in some fucked up thought process it's protown that you were scummy enough to warrant a wagon this early in the game, but that doesn't make you any more town: I've seen scum get caught on page 2 and lynched by page 7 or something and their play was incredibly protown (got the town out of RVS and got the town a scum lynch pretty quickly) but it didn't make them not scum all of a sudden.

In post 180, Salamence20 wrote:You don't see anything wrong with that? You don't see any opportunity from this. Come on.

I don't freak out about early wagons, no, and the only opportunities I ever see are scum lynches. If I'm supposed to be seeing something else, please open my eyes.

In post 181, Salamence20 wrote:Also Nacho, do you not like my reads or just don't like that I'm ignorant to my wagon that hit L-2?

I don't like your reads.
Which is why I questioned you about them.
Why didn't you answer?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I'm more worried about the people on top of my wagon, that I want to focus on the people who sheeped on.

Sorry if I was too worried about my lynch to worry about others off it.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 186, Salamence20 wrote:I never said it wasn't fair. I just think that 1. It was faster than normal and 2. I think some scum are on my wagon and is not completely town.

I know that's why I asked.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 188, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't like your reads.
Which is why I questioned you about them.
Why didn't you answer?

Your last post wasn't a response to this.

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Dear Nacho:

The only scummy things I am worried about at this time are the people on my wagon.

Love, Sally
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 175, Nachomamma8 wrote:Are the only scummy things you can pick up at this point are people who sheep? Why do you pick on PV over Xay when both sheeped me after I asked them to (and Xay sheeped me when I asked him to twice)?

PV and Xay are both on your wagon, so when I'm asking you about people on your wagon, "I only care about people voting me" isn't a valid response.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Especially when these are the people you want to focus on that I'm asking you about.

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Then what do you want from me!?

What do you like about PV and Xay?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 187, Salamence20 wrote:Based on *something* he thinks I'm dangerous VI out to ruin games.

First, is this a "something" you are allowed to talk about?
Second, assuming that is true, what about it makes you think he's town? You need to be able to explain your reads.

In post 187, Salamence20 wrote:So why wouldn't he wagon me if he had the chance (like he does now)?

I cannot read STD's mind, so I cannot answer your question.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

In post 187, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 185, StrangerCoug wrote:

Based on *something* he thinks I'm dangerous VI out to ruin games.

So why wouldn't he wagon me if he had the chance (like he does now)?

I'm trying to choose my words carefully because this relates to an ongoing game but I feel I'm being misunderstood.

The truth is I don't think that, Salamence. We can talk about it more after that game if you like but I tend to treat people based on the play of the game they are currently in only, hence my posts only refer to that game. If I was rude to you I do apologize, I get a little heated in mafia games. Believe me or don't for now but I suppose we should table this before we get in trouble.

~STD
Gemini Blind
Gemini Blind
Townie
Gemini Blind
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Gemini Blind »

Is ToastyToast an Aires?

I liked personally, though I'm usually wary of anyone who's reads entirely consist of "look at my wagon."

Something about Nachomamma and StrangerCoug rub me the wrong way but I've learned not to trust my gut (or rather, do whatever the opposite of what my gut is telling me).

In post 167, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 45, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 44, Iecerint wrote:You may wait for Elyse to respond I guess.

Gracious of you.

There are some players who tend to be more abrasive as town, whether it's because they feel more righteous or less nervous or whatever as town, but it bleeds out early and often. This is one of the examples of tone I look for in players like that and I'm pretty confident Dry is one of them.

In post 167, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 154, Dry-fit wrote:Have I suddenly lost the ability to communicate?

I also really, really liked this because I felt (feel?) I have a pretty good grasp on his argument whereas other people seemed to miss little points here and there, and it felt like this was a natural buildup of frustration that never got converted into an opportunity for scum (aka you're misrepping me!), and more "I'm talking a foreign language, no one understands me" type of feeling which feels like townie frustration because the frustration is formed from lack of frustration as opposed to accumulation of pressure.

Those two quotes in particular really bother me and I'm not sure why you'd go out of your way to defend him (other than the assumption that you're confident he's town).

I am of the opinion that right now that there is likely at least and probably only one scum on Salamence's wagon.

Personally I'd love a read list from Salamence atm.

~STD
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 162, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 143, Dry-fit wrote:Nacho I think you're wrong about Elyse. Coming right out and saying you have no scumreads is most likely town

I don't get your reasoning for this. The could maybe see you calling it town because it's something that's too risky for scum to say, but taking the position on page 6 doesn't seem that risky and thus not that town, and it prevents her from having to take positions on who to lynch because she doesn't have that opinion. I also didn't really like how she called me town and yet didn't engage my scumread on Salamence (aka pick out flaws in it) to see where I was coming from which shows me she not only lacks a scumread, but lacks interest in developing a scumread as well.

It's not that it's risky but that scum feels more of an obligation to come up with reads. If scum doesn't see something they can legitimately attack they will make a bs case. But if town doesn't see something to attack they're more willing to admit it.

Gemini Blind wrote:
At the same time I do acknowledge the whole "this person's only content is related to game mechanics, it could be scum trying to look useful." I'm fine with that, though less so since halfway through day 3 I'm not really sure what else we're suppose to talk about except for this interesting dayvig that has fallen in someone's lap.

I consider it town's obligation to make something to talk about if there's not much content yet.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”