[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7042 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by ika »

i would make it prison guards get vig only.

d1 massrole call is nearly borken by all the BP claiming and then the vigs claim (w/ BP) then either mafia CC and 1v1 or claim BP and then becomes POE. this would at least discourage them from outing right away.

also i would have at least one mafia (maybe 2) be BP so its not as easy to POE the entire game (tgis would make BP+vig better overall then)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7050 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7049, BBmolla wrote:-setup-

Win conditions might need to be clarified more. And town might be too weak. May be most beneficial to add a power role and turn the cop and seer into a single bloodhound?

Personally i think the tracker is the only weak role to town. i would swap it out with a town doc. the ninjas almost make the tracker useless IMO
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7054 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7053, BBmolla wrote:
In post 7050, ika wrote:
In post 7049, BBmolla wrote:-setup-

Win conditions might need to be clarified more. And town might be too weak. May be most beneficial to add a power role and turn the cop and seer into a single bloodhound?

Personally i think the tracker is the only weak role to town. i would swap it out with a town doc. the ninjas almost make the tracker useless IMO

You're not factoring what the tracker can track. Cop, Seer, Vig, Maf Doc, and Werewolf Doc. That's important. And then when a mafia ninja/werewolf ninja dies, it becomes all that more powerful.

true i look at many prs in regards to finding scums. to me tracker in this setup is either the most powerful/broken or the most damaging role when put in that perspective.

Looking back to the cop/seer, i like it how it is due to the fact each faction has to try to hunt out their counter part and not just conjointly find one pr. Plus if WW kill cop thinking it was seer, it only helps the mafia faction. imo if you were to remove both and make universal BH, i would maybe have a X-shot doctor. This way the mafia/WW doc could at least try to draw out the doc claim or have some cover and not be screwed by a tracker if they claim VT.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7115 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7108, BBmolla wrote:
Love And Treason

10 Players

1 Mafia Rolecop
1 Mafia Suicide Bomber

2 Town Lovers
2 from (Vengeful Townie, Vengeful Townie, Supersaint, Beloved Princess)
4 VTs

• Daystart
  • Beloved Princess ability works if lynched, killed by a vengeful, or killed by a supersaint, but not by a nightkill or suicide bomb from the Mafia.

While town could massclaim and have confirmed lovers, I don't think it's optimal? Tons of good fake claims for the mafia. Thoughts? Maybe increase it to 11 and add a traitor, yeah?

well actualy is unoptimal due to fact of mafia bomber. The moment one gets outed it would be a good idea to just outright bomb to avoid affiliations and cut them short.

my only dislike is BP, bc if mafia hit lover (while botha re alive), it becomes lylo/loss next night, I would take out the part of "works by kill of SS and veng" b/c that makes it extemly scum sided when they get 2 nights of kills
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7118 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7117, BBmolla wrote:
In post 7115, ika wrote:I would take out the part of "works by kill of SS and veng" b/c that makes it extemly scum sided when they get 2 nights of kills

Optimal strategy then becomes to vengekill or supersaint all beloved princess claims.

Yes thats what i woudl suspect as well, i just think with SS+vengs activating BP ability makes it heavy scum sided due to the fact that they can take out up to 3 towns and puts them into a 2v4 game...

another thing that could happen is veng shoots lovers and then BP get lynched, iirc that would be game for scums to win.

just my thoughts on it...
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7119 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by ika »

if you are to keep the BP activating on SS/Veng i would add 2-3 more VT or maybe add in a protective just so it doesnt go day 2 LyLo or scum win over one lynch (unles its late game)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7127 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by ika »

the problem i see with this is that its an easy "target person below you" game

while mafia coudl try to mess it up by visiting someone else, it would quickly be outed by the incorrect results imo.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7133 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7130, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:STart it cop headstart?

i would allow mafia to also visit to try to screw stuff up (unless thats implied) otherwise i think it just goes target below and POE
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7136 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by ika »

if its announced they are primed arent they just basicly inst cleared from being maf?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7150 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 am

Post by ika »

i would say then that if both igniters die all primed players get auto-ignited and then the regular primer gets a regular kill or something of the sort
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7153 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7152, TierShift wrote:shouldn't scum be punished for letting their igniters die tho?

they have one person left? isnt that punishment enough?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7163 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 am

Post by ika »

In post 7162, TierShift wrote:
In post 7159, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 7152, TierShift wrote:shouldn't scum be punished for letting their igniters die tho?

In most cases losing all primes is a pretty big punishment, making all previous days effectively nightless

that's not such a big deal if scum get killed in the first two days, but that's counterbalancing

Yeah but
You should be able to manage one of your igniters staying alive as a scumteam. If you fail at that, I don't see why you should receive 'help' and gain a NK. In some situations with a very strong town voice, it might even be a relief to ditch your last igniter to just get the NK. It doesn't make sense.

JW, there's no reason to withhold info scum already has. Even if you don't use it, you should clam if primed or not. And as BB said, it makes it harder for scum to fakeclaim.

then just remove the set nk, the one thing they should get atleast is the auto-ignition or that last mafia may ignite themselfs but may no longer prime.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7165 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:30 am

Post by ika »

In post 7164, TierShift wrote:Or make the igniter a suicide day igniter which is functionally the same but more elegant.

And still let them ignite for free at night.

that could work, i would consider to have the backup igniter be auto though ONLY if the first one never ignited. just in case town blitz hammers

edit: then the question would be if hes going to be hammered, can he self vote for hammer + ignite?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7173 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by ika »

have the second mafia gain BP
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7179 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:27 am

Post by ika »

In post 7175, BBmolla wrote:
In post 7173, ika wrote:have the second mafia gain BP

And have them start as Mafia Doc/Goon or two goons?

i would do doc/goon first the have other be full BP. and the mafias can deicde who gets doc in pregame.

but i did already get ninjaed
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7188 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by ika »

personally i would make it nightless and have them submit actions. unless maf only has night chats.

it would be intresting to experiment with maf day chats in this setup
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7216 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:03 am

Post by ika »

the just bp each ohter in doc chain or all docs claim and bp chian them themlfs
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7221 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by ika »

even being macho is not ideal by the fire+ice cancle each other attack.

and even then, it just goes watcher on cop and you have 1-2 goons outed as well as a possible doc found to watch

ill prob have better imput later
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7258 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by ika »

my argument is too many VTs. it will become too boring for many imo

make it a C++ variation type thing would probally be a better idea if you want large numbers
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7266 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:52 am

Post by ika »

In post 7262, Wake1 wrote:
In post 7260, BBmolla wrote:Interesting. Thanks for taking it a step further.

Thank you!

I like the thought of the dual roleblockers, because it really nails down any claiming nonsense. That, and those RB possibilities make it interesting. They wouldn't be able to RB each other either. That'd be kind cool if
Fire Mafia
RB'd
Ice Mafia
who tried to NK or Cop another member of
Fire Mafia
. Hm... Tactical...

Do you think I should leave it as is, or try to tech in some weaker PRs to make it more interesting?

What if instead of a Town Doctor were used, two elemental Docs were used instead? And/or add in elemental 1-Shot PGOs, too?

I'd like to make the game as duality-based as possible. Elemental counterparts.

theres a flaw in the rb/cop claimers idea your trying to set

the 2 town cops can ust claim cop w/o claiming who they find. it essensaly makes more wifom games. plus its entirely negated by just outright killing them but you have 2 cops who dont have claimed who they find so both teams are going to most likely do coin flips on who to kill and could just waste their time.

they could argubly both RB one kill other, but it still leads to same thing of they are still around
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7276 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:33 am

Post by ika »

In post 7275, Wake1 wrote:
In post 7274, BBmolla wrote:What ideas do you want implemented in this setup in particular

Mainly I want it like a Large Fire and Ice where the NKs on each other turn into Cop guilties. Instead of 12:2:2, try 15:3:3.

That's pretty much it. I'd like to keep it at 21 while having it balanced and not boring. Multiple, randomized Neighborhoods and Scum teams with Daytalk, too. I created a game like this with 16 players offsite, and that game has been epic with over 4,000 posts, and a combined 2,000+ posts in Neighborhood QT discussion, strategy, and interest.

the problem is wake, those games are full of newer players (minus a few here and there)

in neighborhoods, my intial thought is to suspect everyone and trust nobody, its even easyier for scums to just dismantle a neighborhood and destroy it.

if you ever take a look into the alicae in wonderland game you will see that the scums just manipulate neighborhoods to an extent, and the one that had none exploded into a fight.

add in daytalk and scums can easily communicate all things going on at once if they get randomized into all the hoods. a neighborhood (imo) is ment to talk about players in secretive. if its known that scums can exist in all of them i would never post in there.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7282 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7277, BBmolla wrote:
Mass Paranoia

21 Players

3 Mafia 1-shot PGOs

3 Werewolf 1-shot PGOs

15 Town 1-shot PGOs

• Daystart
  • The PGO ability does not passively activate. The PGO ability can be used on one night of the players choosing.
  • All who use a PGO ability in the same night join a neighborhood together. This neighborhood has daytalk and will exist for the rest of the game.
  • Mafia are bulletproof to Werewolf kills and Werewolves are bulletproof to Mafia kills. However, if a Mafia activates PGO and a Werewolf tries to kill him, the Werewolf dies. This works the other way around too.
  • 1:1:1 situations automatically no lynch.
  • Scum have daytalk.

k done. You could potentially add a vig too probably. Or some other power role.

i would add in options ot have mafia/WW to opt for no-kills

troll: in b4 everyone activates n1

In post 7281, House wrote:
In post 7280, Wake1 wrote:
In post 7279, House wrote:
I totally want into this game when you make it. The offsite one is a blast.

Absolutely.

Two problems, though. The Open Queue takes around two years for a game to enter Signups

wtf man, is this place ran by the government? :lol:

not really, the stie just has an organized system
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7285 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7283, House wrote:
In post 7282, ika wrote:

not really, the stie just has an organized system

Most bureaucracies are... they're so organized that nothing gets accomplished! :mrgreen:

a lot gets accomplished actualy, its a huge dleay so they dont have burnouts of 500 games of flakers.

In post 7284, House wrote:(by the way... you can't take me seriously. It'll do your head in)

who said i was?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7364 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by ika »

day 1 mass rolecall: GG
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7368 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by ika »

i would still say mass rolecall=GG
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7385 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by ika »

tracker claims day 1, you now have an ic-like player due to jailkeeper just jailkeeping him over and over to protect.

i would make the mafias vengeful to accomidate for the next lynch to take out the proposed plan stated above

argubly, this game could be won by scums in one night if they lynch VT first and then consecutively kill all the prs

i think it has a good potnetiona i will give more later
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7401 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by ika »

i would make the goon a backup framer.

if they lynch framer day 1, it becomes hugly townsided imo by the fact cops claim day 2 with results and then figure sanities and can then POE game
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7403 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by ika »

so cop headstart?

its not bad, i think this would be a nice game to test out in micro/marathon

cops just flip cop on death as well right?

i assume yes but just want to make sure
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7474 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Post by ika »

if its 3p veng, whats to stop everyone form going "selfvote" and stall?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7481 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by ika »

no.

your still adding in alignment changing and traitor is to be scum from start, none of the zombie setups are ment for opens. do them in theme/micro
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7484 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7483, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 7482, wgeurts wrote:Why is alignment changing such a no-no?

Do you like having your win condition change half-way though a game?

If you somehow do, can you please explain how you manage to do that with a day phases of 2 weeks of each alignment?
and other people having theirs changed as well.

addin in to this, what happens if zombie gets lynched day 1? now we have 3v9 (after nk) and leaves then with 2 myslynches beofre they gain majority

and does it affect scums? how would that resolve? what happens when all scums get zombied? no more nk then. then they can just go "hey no lynch lets all be converted and we all win"
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7509 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:29 am

Post by ika »

mafia hits the betrayer and and instant lylo

no
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7531 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Post by ika »

In post 7528, PokerFace wrote:Mr. Rogers Alt Account

i want to hear confirmation form the listmods about that one.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7534 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by ika »

i was thinking of that one too BB.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7573 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by ika »

your basicly having a setup where its:

nobody shoots and its mountainous
or
everyone shoots and hope for best

again its a mixture of luck (hoping your not a self-shooting), and hoping you got good reads when you fired the shot
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7722 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:13 am

Post by ika »

my only problem with that is that friendly neighbor can easily be outed if everyone claims who they are neighbors with

otherwise i looks like its moutan mafai minus neighbor+FN
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7725 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 am

Post by ika »

In post 7723, Mr. Rogers wrote:1)Should the friendly get outed earlier there are still means for the town to get confirmeds

1)Cause of how the setup is open, the moment a mafia is lynched, that guy's neighbor is confirmed town

2)I think this and the fear of outing the friendly may encourage town players to claim late.

Momentum is gonna be important in the game

1) i would argue an early (d2) massclaim is better then late

2) but that same fear would also be used to try to out them day 1.

your main problem does lie withing the "scum lynched other is town", you could just do randomization of neighborhood distribution so its all WIFOM

In post 7724, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 7722, ika wrote:my only problem with that is that friendly neighbor can easily be outed if everyone claims who they are neighbors with

the incentive for everyone to keep their hoods hidden is the best thing about this setup

the friendly neighbor is redundant since he can already confirm himself by claiming

I'd change him to a lonely townie

i was thinking of making it a "named townie"
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7727 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 am

Post by ika »

7v2 is lylo?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7730 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by ika »

you could always make the lone town a cop/doc or an X-shot variation

i see your problem but theres nto much you can exactly do
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7857 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Post by ika »

In post 7856, LlamaFluff wrote:Been playing around with a Popcorn variant...

9x Vanilla Town
2x Mafia Goon

*Day works as normal
*At nights mafia have the power to give a VT a gun to shoot for the night. If the VT hits town, the shooter dies. If the VT hits scum, the shooter lives and scum dies.
*During one night of scum's choice, they can kill as normal instead of giving town a gun

the gun gets passed out at end of day right?

assuming so i feel like its slightly townsided due to the fact that town has not only the lynch but now a gun
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8463 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:21 am

Post by ika »

Make the goon a backup switched in case first one gets lynched on a day 1 it makes it real easy to play a follow cop with innos
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8492 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:13 am

Post by ika »

weak is prob more town utility then neg utility cus i mean you give and invention persons confimred town.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”