This Game is the Worst-Case Scenario [Q.166]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:22 am

Post by swyellowtail »

/in

I remember seeing that show a while back on a German "action" channel (it was focused a lot on reality TV... sound familiar?).
The Swiftwolf Temple consists of 6 different dungeons: Luck, Cooperation, Risk, Strategy, Deceiving and Might. Click here to learn more about the temple and the dungeons.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:49 am

Post by swyellowtail »

C
The Swiftwolf Temple consists of 6 different dungeons: Luck, Cooperation, Risk, Strategy, Deceiving and Might. Click here to learn more about the temple and the dungeons.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by swyellowtail »

A is really weird. B... sounds like the most obvious answer, but something tells me C is the best answer.

So I shall go with... wait. C would actually cause more problems than B.

B. Final answer
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:44 am

Post by swyellowtail »

Hmm... this one's really crazy. Didn't know choking on one's tongue is possible. (Unless that's what I've been doing by choking on air this entire time)

A is a horrible idea considering how it could really hurt the person. I'm gonna go with
C
if anything.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:19 am

Post by swyellowtail »

divinova wrote:Some wonderful advice here, especially from Save the Dragons' and swyellowtail's questions. Remember... NEVER follow any of this advice.
diginova wrote:At least you aren't like swyellowtail and impaling people in the tongue.
Allow me to reference this:
swyellowtail wrote:A is a horrible idea considering how it could really hurt the person.
I know how bad it is to mess with people's tongues. It's a terrible idea in the first place unless you know what the hell you're doing. The tongue is
filled
with blood. Hitting any of that will likely kill you.

(Plus, Green would be disappointed in me if I even
tried
to do that)

Anyway... I want to say C is the correct answer.. but I might be deceived. Meh, screw it.

C

Also, random thing that I find a bit silly: Of course I get the question involving snow right and the question involving fire wrong.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:56 am

Post by swyellowtail »

In post 124, diginova wrote:
In post 122, swyellowtail wrote:I know how bad it is to mess with people's tongues. It's a terrible idea in the first place unless you know what the hell you're doing. The tongue is
filled
with blood. Hitting any of that will likely kill you.

I was saying more if you followed the advice on the card, as Dragons seems to be wanting to start bribing the police.
Fair enough.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by swyellowtail »

Essentially, A and B are correct, though you want to make sure you're out of the way when you reach a full stop.

A
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by swyellowtail »

Bah, Cyano, why must you teach me all the wrong things this time around.

I'm going to assume
B
because A has a dumb error and C is probably even worse.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by swyellowtail »

Well, I can rule out C, because that is too long of a wait and too difficult to detect.

As for the first two.... ugh. I can't tell. I'm gonna go with
A

(Also, not that it matters after this question, but I'm pretty sure 3-3 is .500, not .400)
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 am

Post by swyellowtail »

Simple. A.
swyellowtail
swyellowtail
Goon
swyellowtail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:20 am

Post by swyellowtail »

Well, this is an interesting change of pace. I shall underline my answers.
In post 195, diginova wrote:
So let's start out with one of the worst-case scenarios out there. It seems like it would serve you better to watch out for Save the Dragons with lemonade and a potato, but you may also need to know...

HOW TO KEEP YOUR CAR FROM BEING STOLEN FROM A PARKING LOT

A
Take your exit ticket with you when you leave the car.

B
Always park on the first floor, near the attendant.
C
Park next to a wall or structure. Pull the car all the way into the spot and turn your wheels tightly against the wall.

Assuming your car's still there, you need to determine what to do when your brake lines are cut, because that happens all the time. Your first option is to bail, and if you do, it will be good to know...

HOW TO JUMP FROM A MOVING CAR

A
Tuck-in your arms and legs, jump at an angle, then roll when you hit the ground.

B
Jump in the opposite direction that the car is moving, then roll like a log with your arms and legs straight.
C
Climb to the window and push off the steering wheel with your foot, steering the car away from you.

Say jumping doesn't work... you may have one of those newfangled flying cars or you may be kidnapped and they've locked you in. Your only option then is to prepare for what will eventually happen...

HOW TO ASSUME THE IMPACT POSITION WHEN IN A CAR

A
Cover your eyes with one hand and the back of your neck with the other. Extend your legs and take deep breaths.
B
Drop your chin to your chest and put your hands behind your head. Tuck you elbows together and pull your feet underneath you.

C
Try to completely relax any muscles in your body.

So you've decided not to drive any more, so you take the bus down to the train station and buy a ticket. Too bad for you that someone's parked across the tracks further down, so you'll hopefully be able to determine...

HOW TO REACT WHEN A TRAIN SUDDENLY BRAKES

A
Throw yourself on the floor and rest your chin on your chest.
B
If you are standing, sit on another passenger; if you are sitting, pull another passenger onto you.

C
Immediately run to the closest exit and jump off the train.

Assuming nothing bad can happen, you go and get dinner. Amazingly, there's no shellfish or turtles, so you don't need to know how to source or cook them and your dinner goes off without a hitch. When you get home though, you should be sure you're aware...

HOW TO PREVENT NIGHTTIME LEG CRAMPS

A
Eat a banana before bed and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
B
Drink a cup of warm milk before bed.

C
Take an over-the-counter diuretic to reduce the potassium in the system.

You wake up and find an itchy, red dome on your skin, with a large pore at the top, accompanied by a crawling feeling. Save the Dragons should be able to tell you that with those symptoms it would be good to know...

HOW TO TREAT A FLY LARVAE SKIN INFESTATION

A
Cover the larva's breathing hole with bacon fat or chewing gum.

B
Submerge the infested area in hot water.
C
Leave infected area alone; the larvae will come out on their own.

Later, after you've solved your fly larvae problem (eww), it turns out that that meal you ate wasn't so great after all, as the pork you ate may not have been thoroughly cooked and you're starting to get some symptoms...

HOW TO RECOGNIZE TRICHINOSIS

A
Within two weeks of ingesting infected meat, symptoms include high fever, muscle aches, swelling around the eyes, and joint pain.
B
Within 48 hours of ingesting infected meat, symptoms include sore throat, headache, delirium and frequent nosebleeds.

C
Within a few hours after ingesting infected meat, symptoms include swelling of the feet, ringing in the ears, and flushed skin.

You get a call from your friends Mitillos and phokdapolees, who seem to be having the same issues you are with bad luck and are stuck in the desert. Mitillos is having a better time at it, but phokdapolees is having a bit of trouble, so you drive out and save them. It's good that you learned...

HOW TO DRIVE ON DESERT SAND

A
Deflate the tires a little bit and don't change gears once you start driving.
B
Do not exceed 15 mph and apply the brakes only when absolutely necessary.

C
Turn on the heater and headlights, and turn the wheel as little as possible.

sthar8 joins you on your way back to civilization, but you notice he's not feeling too well himself. Hopefully someone else told him the correct quarantine procedures, otherwise I hope that at least one of you knows...

HOW TO RECOGNIZE THE BUBONIC PLAGUE

A
Symptoms include fever, chills, severe fatigue, vomiting and enlarged and tender lymph nodes.
B
Symptoms include persistent coughing and wheezing, inability to sleep, and bloody urine.
C
Symptoms include swelling of the tongue, dry mouth, and an unbearable throbbing in the throat and neck, followed by the inability to hold up one's head.

As you finally reach a forest, you're starving as you decided that not bringing any water into the desert was an intelligent idea. DarkLightA seems really insistent on how good tree bark tastes, but you're fine with letting him eat as much as he wants. You'd much prefer finding out...

HOW TO GET FOOD FROM A PINE TREE

A
Roast closed pinecones over a fire to open them, then when they open, take out the pine nuts and eat them.
B
Shave the bark off the tree and mash it into a paste, then bake or fry the paste.

C
The whole pinecone can be eaten raw or cooked.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”