Mini 1617 - Mafia with a Twist 2 (It's Over!)

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 am

Post by mathcam »

STD: Happy to see you in a game again! I'm on to your tricks this time. If you're scum, you better play totally different than you did last time. If you're town, you better play totally the same, so I know you're town because you wouldn't possibly play the same scum game against me again. Now I'm in your head. Bwa ha ha.

Vote: Natirasha
since I'm probably going to be doing it out of sheer frustration soon enough anyway, so might as well get it over with.

Mathdino: Consider yourself lucky that Natirasha was around to absorb up my vote instead of you for threatening to take the nickname math in this game. Let it henceforth be known that, regardless of what happens in other game, in this gaem I am "math" and you are "dino," despite any feelings of nonfriendliness that this may entail (I did my homework). Then we can get along. Actually,
Unvote: Natirasha, Vote: Mathdino.

UT: Be thankful that Natirash and mathdino were ahead of you in vote line. Your avatar got me all excited that DP had somehow replaced in. Actually,
Unvote: Mathdino. Vote: UT.

Mod: I wasn't deliberately trying to test the boundaries of your vote-counting machine, but I can see how it might appear that way, and I have faith that your robot can overcome these obstacles.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #70 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 am

Post by mathcam »

Discussion fodder: In light of the happenings of "Mafia with a Twist 1," is there any benefit to no-lynch on Day 1 to see if there's a surprise game mechanic?

Also, why do you think we have 13 players instead of 12?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #201 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:53 am

Post by mathcam »

a) STD is definitely acting weird. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's very opposite his play in the last game I just completed with him, in which he was scum. Of course, since we're in each other's heads, this line of thought may not lead to much, but I'd prefer to leave him alive for the time being. And this says something, I think, as I just got done being burned pretty badly in that game for thinking STD was town when he wasn't.

b) Dino also looks pretty good to me -- if not townish, then at least productive and contributing.

c) I'm getting precisely 0 town vibes from ika, and I don't even have much objection to the policy lynch. Deliberate, self-admitted trolling is bad for the game. Pointlessly increasing the pagecount is bad. Typing in nonsense English is bad. More substantively, I also feel like ika could be the one person who after the town comes up with a solid game mechanic strategy for winning the game, will be the one person who doesn't do what they're supposed to, because of gut.

Also, he voted "math", meaning "mathdino", whereas as has been previously established, I am math, and Dino is Dino. QED scum.

d) This was a hilarious exchange:

ika 63: "Vote mathdino for opertusictic vote hopping"
mathdino: "Show me the opertusicsm"

e) What? We have vote tags now???

UNVOTE: Untrod Tripod

VOTE: ika

I may have known this and forgotten.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 am

Post by mathcam »

#%!@#$%!@#%!@# damn it, UT. My heart literally started racing.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #207 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:24 am

Post by mathcam »

Since that probably won't make much sense later in the game when we're all rereading, let me just note here that that last post was in response to UT changing his avatar to MeMe's. I feel like I'm Charlie Brown to UT's Lucy with a football.

UT wrote:
but on the subject of ika, I believe that all bad players have the ability to become better. let's at least give ika a chance before we PL him.

Of course. I was completely against policy lynching him at the start of the game. Then he posted. Now I'm happy to.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #293 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 am

Post by mathcam »

For the record, my feelings towards ika are not purely policy-based, though I admit it plays a role. The self-meta in the last post alone is enough to raise an eyebrow. Usually as people get increasingly frustrated, I find myself starting to sympathize with their plight and finding them more town. I'm not feeling that at all here. In any case, this isn't a policy lynch out of some abstract mafia principle (lynch all liars, lynch third voters on a wagon, lynch all lurkers, etc, etc.) but rather a tangible possibility that having ika could reduce our winning chances.

ika, can you back up any of your self-meta? Any links to games with you as scum? (I know people have referenced these, but I don't remember any specific links/titles).
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #336 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:37 am

Post by mathcam »

Redacted. ;) -Thesp
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #354 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:54 am

Post by mathcam »

Very neat! I wish I could take full credit for my (admittedly pretty awesome -- w00t) ballot, but I have to admit a lot of that was luck (though I was had a pretty strong feeling about Feirei -- no one could be
that
sure ika was town without, you know,
actually
knowing he was town), especially slotting MTD vs. Wolfy, where I decided to gamble.

It's pretty neat how subtle the resolution of the ballots works. If a large group of people find A scummier than B, then A is likely to die first .... unless
that
group of people is even scummier than both, in which case by the time the A vs. B fight comes to a head, all of the people who found A scummier could have disappeared. There's some really cool math in here.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #375 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by mathcam »

Oh, neat! I was thinking about writing that script myself. Since you have it, have you thought about generating thousands of lists at random and seeing how many times mafia wins?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”