Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

blindmewithscience
blindmewithscience
Townie
blindmewithscience
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by blindmewithscience »

In post 203, wgeurts wrote:so, yeah you should ignore meta in general. Even the wiki says 9 times out of 10 it's wrong. Meta is the worst thing to use as a case.

Uh, isn't this at odds with your own argument for yourself?

In post 132, wgeurts wrote:Also, if you've read my votes after that my intent was to get us out of RVS and the vote was a tool. Please meta read me and you will see this, votes are tools while needed and weapons once the time comes.

You're basically saying that Meta is bad, after you tell others to look at your meta (which according to you, is "the worst thing to use as a case".

And if you're critical of meta, why didn't you say anything when people were asking for Newbie's meta? This isn't logical at all.

I'm seeing a lot of inconsistency, and so I'm going to
VOTE: wgeurts
only
to add pressure on you so that you'll create a good defense to Mathdino's accusations, as IMO, your statements responding to him previously were pretty weak. (Also, what I've posted about him is pretty small in comparison with the larger arguments).

Also, when you make posts, PLEASE make them more than one-line posts (or ones that are irrelevant). They make reading through a ton harder to do.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by reinoe »

MOD STUFF
Even imaginary friends are friends. They'll totally be invited to the party. Imaginary friends rock!!!

VOTE COUNT!!!!

Wisdom-TellTaleHeart (L-6)
DukeC-
wgeurts-VictorDeAngelo, Newbie, mathdino, blindmewithscience (L-3)
The Undertaker-
Newbie-
Malakittens-
SilverWolf-
Not_Mafia-
TellTaleHeart-
VictorDeAngelo-acryon, Silverwolf (L-4)
Mathdino-Wisdom (L-6)
blindmewithscience-
acryon-malakittens (L-6)

not voting-DukeC, The Undertaker, Not_Mafia,

With 13 Alive it's 7 to lynch. Deadline=(expired on 2014-10-29 07:00:00)

VictorDeAngelo is on indefinite/unspecified V/LA
acryon is on V/LA until the morning of October 20, 2014

You were all enjoying Guardians Of The Galaxy but then someone's cell phone went off in the middle of the movie!!!! Super duper annoying right? Turns out it was some cheapo pre-paid cell phone with the setting set up to ring without disconnecting or going to voicemail. That darn phone rang for 10 minutes during the movie before someone smashed it against the wall!!! Someone planned to do this. You all vow to find the enemies because they ruined the best part of the movie...the end credits!!! But who's lying through their teeth about finding the enemies?
Last edited by reinoe on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry I just worked 12 hours one liners is all you are getting until I'm actually rested. :P
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Newbie »

I thought the mason case on wgeurts was maybe reaching a bit at first, but then this post happened.

It's confusing now. I'm wondering if a mafia member would act so purposely scummy, but at the same time it
is
too scummy to just let it pass.

I guess this is where usually I fall short and have trouble when it comes to mafia. A townie does something extremely scummy, I jump on the lynch because I'm so sure I caught scum and then the person ends up flipping town. I guess I have to do better in looking for more subtle things and not just the obvious.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Mod: Request replacement on both Duke and Undertaker, they literally flaked all their games; haven't posted since the queue.

Well Newbie, if you fall short here, explore other avenues.
In the interest of not tunneling, got any reads on the rest of the playerlist?

Actually I'm kinda disappointed in today's activity, so:
SilverWolf
: Whatcha think of TTH and her reads on Wisdom and NM?
TTH
: eh already asked you question. If you get around to this, by PoE (heh, Tell Tale Heart using PoE), the scum are in {Wisdom, DukeC, Undertaker, Not_Mafia, blindmewithscience, acryon}. That seem accurate? You mentioned that acryon had articulated good reasoning, but never mentioned a read on him.
Wisdom
: No questions, just wanted to say I don't think there's anything wrong creating discussion about other players as long as it doesn't turn into tunneling.

Not_Mafia, blindmewithscience, Malakittens
: I'm assuming for now you guys are gonna provide more stuff later (I know blindme's been pretty busy IRL; I'd expect activity to go up this weekend). NM, anything to say on the discussion of you? Anything on the wgeurts wagon?

Already asked all the questions I got for wgeurts. Agree with blindme, I'd recommend putting and leaving him at L-2 for pressure. Confident enough with the playerlist that no one'll quicklynch him.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by reinoe »

FinnLaw replaces DukeC.

Welcome to the cruise!!!!
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by FinnLaw »

Hey everyone, I'll be reading up soon, shouldn't take too long. Post soon.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:34 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 229, Mathdino wrote:
@Mod: Request replacement on both Duke and Undertaker, they literally flaked all their games; haven't posted since the queue.

Well Newbie, if you fall short here, explore other avenues.
In the interest of not tunneling, got any reads on the rest of the playerlist?

SilverWolf
TTH
: eh already asked you question. If you get around to this, by PoE (heh, Tell Tale Heart using PoE), the scum are in {Wisdom, DukeC, Undertaker, Not_Mafia, blindmewithscience, acryon}. That seem accurate? You mentioned that acryon had articulated good reasoning, but never mentioned a read on him.
Wisdom
: No questions, just wanted to say I don't think there's anything wrong creating discussion about other players as long as it doesn't turn into tunneling.

Not_Mafia, blindmewithscience, Malakittens
: I'm assuming for now you guys are gonna provide more stuff later (I know blindme's been pretty busy IRL; I'd expect activity to go up this weekend). NM, anything to say on the discussion of you? Anything on the wgeurts wagon?

Already asked all the questions I got for wgeurts. Agree with blindme, I'd recommend putting and leaving him at L-2 for pressure. Confident enough with the playerlist that no one'll quicklynch him.

Mind bolding/quoting these new questions?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:14 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 225, blindmewithscience wrote:
In post 203, wgeurts wrote:so, yeah you should ignore meta in general. Even the wiki says 9 times out of 10 it's wrong. Meta is the worst thing to use as a case.

Uh, isn't this at odds with your own argument for yourself?

In post 132, wgeurts wrote:Also, if you've read my votes after that my intent was to get us out of RVS and the vote was a tool. Please meta read me and you will see this, votes are tools while needed and weapons once the time comes.

You're basically saying that Meta is bad, after you tell others to look at your meta (which according to you, is "the worst thing to use as a case".

And if you're critical of meta, why didn't you say anything when people were asking for Newbie's meta? This isn't logical at all.

I'm seeing a lot of inconsistency, and so I'm going to
VOTE: wgeurts
only
to add pressure on you so that you'll create a good defense to Mathdino's accusations, as IMO, your statements responding to him previously were pretty weak. (Also, what I've posted about him is pretty small in comparison with the larger arguments).

Also, when you make posts, PLEASE make them more than one-line posts (or ones that are irrelevant). They make reading through a ton harder to do.

So blindmescience, do you think Wgeurtes is scum? Why do you care about him creating a good defence?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:12 am

Post by wgeurts »

Another point to make before you mis lynch me is if I make a bad defence in your eyes it wouldn't necciserlily mean I'm scum. This is my... 6th game now?
3 of which ongoing.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 am

Post by Newbie »

Hey Wisdom, when wgeurts first unvoted you after voting shortly before, did you think it was pretty suspicious at that moment?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hello Finnlaw nice to see you again!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Newbie »

Posts #1 and #2 by Wisdom are weird because they came after wgeurts' voting/unvoting of him as well as the
obvious
suspicious behavior that wgeurts was getting hounded for. I find it hard to believe that Wisdom didn't see why wgeurts' behavior was extremely scummy, especially with that odd unvote. Therefore, Wisdom's questions come off as fluff and as an act of trying to look town by asking questions.

There also hasn't been any real scum hunting from Wisdom, just a few comments here and there about certain players and questions towards certain players. It almost seems like Wisdom is skirting through this phase, asking just the right amount of questions in order to not set off any alarms.

I also think it's possible that Wisdom could've been trying to inch by inch put suspicion on VD with posts 1, 2, and 3.

Of course, if wgeurts flips scum, all of this will most likely become null.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:18 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 229, Mathdino wrote:

SilverWolf

Sorry for the low activity. I've been sick unfortunately.

I'm not really understanding a scum read on NM yet because he's only made 3 posts in the game and I don't see him as anything other than null at this point.

I'm not really seeing the scum case on Wisdom right now because he's actively trying to engage the players to figure out alignments and knocked us out of RVS pretty quickly. I also like and agree with some of the points he is making. Particularly the way he is questioning wgeurts decision to unvote him and I agree'd with these posts:

In post 39, Wisdom wrote:Yeah, I also feel Victor's question was kind of useless and maybe even a little loaded. There are not many reasons one wants to get meta.

In post 108, Wisdom wrote:@TTH
I don't appreciate how you talk about me and N_M in the third person instead of trying to engage either of us. Do you care about hearing a defense to your accusations, or would you just like to get others to vote with you?

In post 187, Wisdom wrote:@wguerts
Can you stop talking about links and masons and everything related to this? You may not realize it, but it does help scum and nobody else.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:19 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Welcome FinnLaw!!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:15 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Also, I am liking Mathdino for town right now. I will try to do some better reads later when I'm feeling a little better.
blindmewithscience
blindmewithscience
Townie
blindmewithscience
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:55 am

Post by blindmewithscience »

In post 233, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
So blindmescience, do you think Wgeurtes is scum? Why do you care about him creating a good defence?

Well, I wouldn't say that he's scum, just acting a lot scummier than the rest of town.
But that second question is really weird. In return, why
wouldn't
I care about it? He's done a ton of extremely scummy stuff (explicitly mason-fished, contradictions, weird voting, etc.). He is very untrustworthy right now. If he is town, I don't want to make a mislynch. I want him to post a defense that can convince me to trust him. I basically want to make sure that if we do end up lynching wgeurts, that we're lynching scum.

But this post is really suspicious:
In post 234, wgeurts wrote:Another point to make before you mis lynch me is if I make a bad defence in your eyes it wouldn't necciserlily mean I'm scum. This is my... 6th game now?
3 of which ongoing.

It wouldn't be the bad defense that makes you scum, it's your past actions. To make me not want to lynch you, post a good defense. And... what's the point of those last two sentences? How does your amount of experience affect the actions that you've done so far in this game?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 am

Post by wgeurts »

What am I posting a defence against that I haven't already done?!

I'm claiming vanilla town and I'll hammer myself to show scum are driving my lynch.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

You do realise self hammering is only something you should do as scum, right?

If you're town, then you're hammering confirmed town to you.

If you're scum, you're assuming you'll get lynched anyway, and thus preventing the town from more discussion.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

Yes, however whatever I say you'll lynch me anyway. Seriously, I'm town and I'd rather die quickly and give you info than let the scum further run the town.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:17 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Wgeurts
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

Dude, over 80% of your posts are basically 1 line defences and justifications. Tell us who the apparent 'scum running the town' is, build a case, and show us who to lynch instead. Otherwise you're not helping us at all. And no, your points against Newbie weren't a case, it mostly consisted of quote walling and, as someone else put it, a "Hah, gotcha".

And I don't have any new questions; I feel I've asked all I need to. The burden's on you, man.

Unless of course this is all AtE to get us to stop the wagon, in which case I'm not falling for it.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Newbie »

Wgeurts, make a case. Build on your suspicion of your wagon. Who on it do you think is most likely scum, and which scum do you think is trying to run the town?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Newbie »

Ninja'd.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:30 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 246, Mathdino wrote:Dude, over 80% of your posts are basically 1 line defences and justifications. Tell us who the apparent 'scum running the town' is, build a case, and show us who to lynch instead. Otherwise you're not helping us at all. And no, your points against Newbie weren't a case, it mostly consisted of quote walling and, as someone else put it, a "Hah, gotcha".

And I don't have any new questions; I feel I've asked all I need to. The burden's on you, man.

Unless of course this is all AtE to get us to stop the wagon, in which case I'm not falling for it.

I'm sorry but it's day 1, it's impossible to make a fool proof case. I can post my oppinions on everything however it won't bring us any further.

Return to “Completed Open Games”