Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by reinoe »

MOD STUFF

OMG!!!! So that's why Scorpion and Sub-Zero and the two clans hate each other. It's all about a woman. You've all heard it here first my fellow scummers. The rivalry is due to Kitana being a two timer. But hey, sometimes that's how Friends become enemies.

VOTE COUNT!!!!

Wisdom-TellTaleHeart, wgeurts, Newbie, Silverwolf (L-3)
FinnLaw-
wgeurts-VictorDeAngelo, mathdino, blindmewithscience, Wisdom (L-3)
The Undertaker-
Newbie-
Malakittens-
SilverWolf-
Not_Mafia-
TellTaleHeart-
VictorDeAngelo-acryon, (L-6)
Mathdino-
blindmewithscience-
acryon-malakittens (L-6)

not voting-FinnLaw, The Undertaker, Not_Mafia,

With 13 Alive it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline=(expired on 2014-10-29 07:00:00)

VictorDeAngelo is on indefinite/unspecified V/LA
acryon is on V/LA until the morning of October 20, 2014
Not_Mafia is V/LA until 10/23/2014

Meanwhile on the cruise ship everyone takes pictures of everything as you guys look at everything. It's nice just walking and talking about everything interesting. Everyone seems to be friends and there's no mention of the shenanigans from earlier...
Last edited by reinoe on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Unofficial VC:

Wisdom (4) - TellTaleHeart, wgeurts, SilverWolf, Newbie
wgeurts (4) - VictorDeAngelo, blindmewithscience, Wisdom, Mathdino
VictorDeAngelo (1) - acryon
acryon (1) - Malakittens

Not voting - FinnLaw, The Undertaker, Not_Mafia
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Post by FinnLaw »

In post 309, Newbie wrote:
In post 303, FinnLaw wrote:

Wisdom
- With Wisdom,
I'm probably leaning slightly scum.
I just disagree with some of the arguments he is making about Wgeurt and I do feel Wgeurt can't win in Wisdoms eyes over the self-vote situation. I do feel it's a catch 22, and I just don't think this is helpfully for town. (I understand Wisdom disagrees with the catch 22 but I do feel it's a catch 22.)

What is bugging me is that
I have Wisdom leaning slightly town
and just confused with Wgeurt he could be scum but then I don't think the two of them would be arguing like this if they were scum buddies. So if any which one is it? Probably vote soon but not just yet, want to be more comfortable with my decision.

What? Which is it?

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, just a typo, the second paragraph should be leaning slightly scum not town.

What I was saying is I have Wisdom as leaning slightly scum and I didn’t know what to think with Wgeurt, he could swing either way. But what I was trying to say is that I’m suspicious of both but I don’t think they both will be scum so which one is it.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by Wisdom »

@mod

I'm not voting Mathdino unless I'm a secret doublevoter
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:00 am

Post by acryon »

I want to preface this by saying sorry for the wall, but you guys post a lot in a couple days a person is gone!

In post 261, Malakittens wrote:Okay my loves. The wagon on Wge is bad and you all unvote. This is townflail and not scumflail

I think this lady is right people. The only issue that I think may be worth pointing out is that wgeurts sort of kept doing his own thing until mala stepped in and posted this. This psot from her seemed to cause his turn-around, so it reads to me like it could possibly be coaching. Although I think there is a
very
small chance that this is actually the case, I think it is worth noting.

In post 265, Wisdom wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: wquerts
Yeah, I don't like this quick recovery. A moment earlier you were on the brink of suicide and now, after getting people to think you're a newbtown flailing and beg you to unvote yourself, you act like nothing happened. Conviniently, this all happens just as there's momentum on me building.

It definitely seems fishy, to be sure, but at the same time, I'm not sure what his possible courses of action could have been. Stay the course until he gets lynched? That doesn't seem too great. You pretty much have to move on from here. Like I said, it does strike me as a little odd that it took Mala saying something for him to do it, but it had to happen sometime I guess, so I'd rather not put too much weight on that interaction.

In post 288, wgeurts wrote:Also, what's stopping from all masons claiming?
It would confirm 3 town out of 13, masons aren't exactly more powerful than town.

:facepalm: I don't think wgerts is scum, but it's almost as some made-up role that benefits from being lynched. If people still think he may be scum, I think we are much better off waiting it out, because you can just ignore the comments like the above in the mean-time, and he is almost definitely town. I think we are wasting our time discussing what is pretty clearly, IMO, a bad bad lynch.

In post 308, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 307, Newbie wrote:
I don't like this post. Wgeurt was asked repeatedly to unvote and make an actual case against someone. I actually agree with the case he made against you.

unvote

vote: Wisdom

This is a good point and it is worth pointing out that as soon as wgeurts said Wisdom may be scum pushing his wagon from the sidelines and not backing it up with a vote, he immediately votes wgeurts on the faulty reasoning that he unvoted himself even though he was asked to do so by several and asked to give the reads he did on his wagon. This was a no-win situation for wgeurts. Something I can see scum pushing.

I don't actually like this argument at all. It has been abundantly clear where Wisdom's intentions were. As someone that tends to prefer questioning over voting for pressure, I can relate to this somewhat. If a wgerts lynch went through, I doubt anyone would be ignorant enough to think that Wisdom wasn't involved in getting the wagon going. Wisdom is still a null to me at this point, but I think this argument is bad.

In post 323, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 319, Wisdom wrote:One of {SilverWolf, Newbie} is scum, both for this unwarranted WKing of wgeurts and for jumping on the easy wagon with rehashed reasoning. I don't think they both are, seeing as they voted together in a short time using the same reasoning.

Actually, my reasoning is pretty solid and I'm sticking with it for now. I am not really caring for the sheeping comments from mathdino or the comments from you either so if you guys get me lynched, I'll flip town, and be out of the game and then you guys can go back to leaving the new players alone-newbie, wegeurts, myself and actually go after real scum, unless of course one or both of you is scum doing this in which case, it would make sense.

This is just a very confusing comment and I'm not sure what to make of it. Definitely seems like some weird AtE. I can't say for sure, but it just really rubs me the wrong way.

In post 335, SilverWolf wrote:Sure new players can be scum and no I don't feel like I'm going to be lynched yet. I'm not understanding the scum case you and mathdino are working up to on me tbh. I feel like it is very superficial. I am giving my opinions and you two are jumping on me for it and again, for reasons that are not clear to me. It feels like a set-up.

This is just a very weak defense. It looks like you ran a random-mafia-defense generator and this came out.

In post 347, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 343, Mathdino wrote:

You say I fabricated a case on you. What makes you say that?

The fact that you pulled posts based on an ISO of me, gave your interpretation of my thoughts, and asked others what they thought of me, with zero questions directed at me or giving me any chance to explain or defend myself.

How is that bad at all? Some people like to question players directly, and others like to present some information and poll the audience.

In post 347, SilverWolf wrote:I'm seriously questioning even continuing with this game as I don't like spending the majority of my time on defense over accusations that make no sense and that I can't seem to defend myself from because you two aren't going to like anything I say.

That takes all the fun out of the game for me and I can relate even more to what wgeurts was feeling.

More AtE. That is what this game is. If you aren't on the defense, someone else is.

Breaking vote parity may be helpful, especially since I don't like the case on Wisdom. So someone needs to give me a better reason than what has been presented.
VOTE: SilverWolf
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 354, acryon wrote:
The only issue that I think may be worth pointing out is that wgeurts sort of kept doing his own thing until mala stepped in and posted this. This psot from her seemed to cause his turn-around, so it reads to me like it could possibly be coaching. Although I think there is a
very
small chance that this is actually the case, I think it is worth noting.

I could see this. Mala has been distant and has avoided interacting with me, which might well be a scumtell for her since she knows I can read her. Wouldn't surprise me if she's scum with wgeurts.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:54 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 298, Mathdino wrote:
@Everyone
: Who would you want to lynch if not wgeurts or Wisdom? What are your thoughts on SilverWolf? (free pass on sheeping the above case; I think I kinda exhausted everything that can be said about her)

I can see Silverwolf as scum if Wgeurtes flips scum. But I'd rather lynch Wguertes first.

- Furthermore if Wisdom is town, I'm can see Silverwolf being scum after reading this.

- Sure newbscum would do this. Particular since the scum don't have daychat so Wgeuertes has not had any opportunity to talk with his scumbuddies yet.

- Ok, I can totally see blindmewithscience as scum with Wgeurtes after this post. If Wgeurtes flips scum then he should be tomorrows flip. And if it is Wguetes + blindmewithscience then it's probably means it's not Silverwolf based on the second half of this post.

- So you now want to wait and see more from Wgeurtes before making a decsion, but you were happily on his wagon a couple of days ago. I also don't like the way he's trying to band people together.

- Calling 262 coaching from Mala is a massive stretch. In fact I've spotted a few spots where I think there might be coaching but this is not one of them. Also roles that benefit from being lynched are called Jesters. You'll note there's none in this game if you checked the setup.

That said, I also don't like how Mala has fallen into the background. The last few posts have a distinct feel of holding back.

@Reinoe
- Any news on the Undertaker's replacement yet?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 356, VictorDeAngelo wrote: - Calling 262 coaching from Mala is a massive stretch. In fact I've spotted a few spots where I think there might be coaching but this is not one of them. Also roles that benefit from being lynched are called Jesters. You'll note there's none in this game if you checked the setup. ?

I said there was a
very
small chance that this was what was happening, so I understood it was a big stretch.

And I obviously wasn't referring to him actually being a jester. I know the set-up of this game and I had never heard of a jester so I didn't even know that was a thing. I was more of commenting on the complete silliness of his play, because it almost seems like he wants to be lynched because of how bad some of the stuff he is saying is. It's just so hard for me to believe that someone who is actually scum could be saying things that were that scummy. That kind of player is almost always town in my experience, but at the same time, when the slot of scum it makes you feel like an idiot for not lynching them much earlier.

I am pretty confident wgeurts is town, but that is purely based on my experience with players that are playing like he does. That's probably stupid play on my part, but it's kind of hard to ignore my gut, at least this early in the game when it's the main thing I have to work from. SilverWolf definitely seems like a much better lynch to me, but a wgeruts lynch could possibly give us some good information, especially if he does happen to flip scum. But I don't exactly like the idea of lynching based on that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 am

Post by SilverWolf »

@acryon-tell me exactly why I am such a good lynch. So far you've said AtE and vote parity because you don't like the Wisdom wagon. Is that it so far?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 357, acryon wrote:
In post 356, VictorDeAngelo wrote: - Calling 262 coaching from Mala is a massive stretch. In fact I've spotted a few spots where I think there might be coaching but this is not one of them. Also roles that benefit from being lynched are called Jesters. You'll note there's none in this game if you checked the setup. ?

And I obviously wasn't referring to him actually being a jester. I know the set-up of this game and I had never heard of a jester so I didn't even know that was a thing. I was more of commenting on the complete silliness of his play, because it almost seems like he wants to be lynched because of how bad some of the stuff he is saying is. It's just so hard for me to believe that someone who is actually scum could be saying things that were that scummy. That kind of player is almost always town in my experience, but at the same time, when the slot of scum it makes you feel like an idiot for not lynching them much earlier.

I don't really like the whole too scummy to be scum argument. It assumes that scum are always experienced and competent and yet townies will derp around and make bad plays.

I am pretty confident wgeurts is town, but that is purely based on my experience with players that are playing like he does. That's probably stupid play on my part, but it's kind of hard to ignore my gut, at least this early in the game when it's the main thing I have to work from. SilverWolf definitely seems like a much better lynch to me, but a wgeruts lynch could possibly give us some good information, especially if he does happen to flip scum. But I don't exactly like the idea of lynching based on that.

What's wrong with lynching for information? Day 1 lynches tend to be the least important in terms of actually catching scum and often simply lynching a scummy player is good play. If Wguertes is town then he is playing badly, he's claimed vt (so if we leave him alive then scum have one less target when hunting masons) and he will always be a question mark going forward (since there's no way of clearing players).
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 am

Post by acryon »

In post 358, SilverWolf wrote:@acryon-tell me exactly why I am such a good lynch. So far you've said AtE and vote parity because you don't like the Wisdom wagon. Is that it so far?

I thought I said more than that? And others said things that I didn't feel I needed to repeat. But I will for posterity.
-Use of AtE more than once.(, )
-Very weak defense that lacked any real conviction. ()
-Terrible argument about Dino "fabricating" a case on you. ()
-Agreement with Newbie's weak argument that you back up with similarly flawed reasoning. ()
-Agreement with Newbie another time where Newbie's argument wasn't necessarily bad, but your post added approximately nothing ()
-Reasoning for voting Victor was just an argument I made much earlier; nothing original added at all. ()
-In , after just saying in 98 that you thought the questioning of Victor was making a problem out of nothing, you question my questioning of Victor on it, asking where it might have gone even though in 98 you eluded to the fact that it wasn't an actual problem, and was thus, going nowhere.
-. Not sure how that vote from Newbie would have been opportunistic at all. It was completely in the spotlight and was the second vote on the wagon. I would hardly call that opportunistic. If Newbie was 3rd or 4th maybe, and if Newbie's reasoning was bad, but it wasn't terrible.
- is another seemingly pro-town comment that lacks any real original content.

TLDR; other than the first two points I made, a lot of it has to do with you piggy-backing off of others' content to make it seem like you are scum-hunting. Opportunistic, in short.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:42 am

Post by acryon »

In post 359, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 357, acryon wrote:

I don't really like the whole too scummy to be scum argument. It assumes that scum are always experienced and competent and yet townies will derp around and make bad plays.

I know, which is why I am torn on this. The main reason being that the majority of "too scum to be scum" players in my experience are in fact, town.

In post 359, VictorDeAngelo wrote:

What's wrong with lynching for information? Day 1 lynches tend to be the least important in terms of actually catching scum and often simply lynching a scummy player is good play. If Wguertes is town then he is playing badly, he's claimed vt (so if we leave him alive then scum have one less target when hunting masons) and he will always be a question mark going forward (since there's no way of clearing players).

This is definitely a good point. Even on day 1, however, I would rather not resort to an informational lynch with a (IMO) low probability of being scum. I think my inability to really read the player makes me uneasy about making any lynch decision on them. Definitely a wgeurts lynch is better than a no-lynch and a number of other possible lynches. But I would still need to be convinced that it's a better lynch than someone like SilverWolf.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 360, acryon wrote:
In post 358, SilverWolf wrote:@acryon-tell me exactly why I am such a good lynch. So far you've said AtE and vote parity because you don't like the Wisdom wagon. Is that it so far?

I thought I said more than that? And others said things that I didn't feel I needed to repeat. But I will for posterity.
-Agreement with Newbie's weak argument that you back up with similarly flawed reasoning. ()
-Agreement with Newbie another time where Newbie's argument wasn't necessarily bad, but your post added approximately nothing ()
-Reasoning for voting Victor was just an argument I made much earlier; nothing original added at all. ()
-In , after just saying in 98 that you thought the questioning of Victor was making a problem out of nothing, you question my questioning of Victor on it, asking where it might have gone even though in 98 you eluded to the fact that it wasn't an actual problem, and was thus, going nowhere.
-. Not sure how that vote from Newbie would have been opportunistic at all. It was completely in the spotlight and was the second vote on the wagon. I would hardly call that opportunistic. If Newbie was 3rd or 4th maybe, and if Newbie's reasoning was bad, but it wasn't terrible.

TLDR; other than the first two points I made, a lot of it has to do with you piggy-backing off of others' content to make it seem like you are scum-hunting. Opportunistic, in short.

So far you are just disagreeing with the points I am making and using the same old argument mathdino and Wisdom are using regarding the piggy-backing without using any real original content. I've already answered to this. You just don't like it. Where's your original content in your case above?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 am

Post by acryon »

In post 362, SilverWolf wrote:

I thought I said more than that?
And others said things that I didn't feel I needed to repeat
. But I will for posterity.

So far you are just disagreeing with the points I am making and using the same old argument mathdino and Wisdom are using regarding the piggy-backing without using any real original content. I've already answered to this. You just don't like it. Where's your original content in your case above?

Which is why I only posted the original parts in my post with the vote on you, as I mentioned in the very post you just replied to...
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 363, acryon wrote:
In post 362, SilverWolf wrote:

I thought I said more than that?
And others said things that I didn't feel I needed to repeat
. But I will for posterity.

Which is why I only posted the original parts in my post with the vote on you, as I mentioned in the very post you just replied to...

There was nothing original in anything you said.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:51 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

@Acryon
- Let me put it this way, other than silverwolf, how many players in the game right now would you say are scummier than Wgeurtes (I don't need a list of names just a rough number)?

@Silverwolf
- Why do all players scumreading you need to provide original content?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 am

Post by acryon »

In post 365, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
@Acryon
- Let me put it this way, other than silverwolf, how many players in the game right now would you say are scummier than Wgeurtes (I don't need a list of names just a rough number)?

@Silverwolf

Other than Silverwolf, probably 0. I'm unsure on Wisdom, but the actual cases made by those on his wagon suck.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:55 am

Post by SilverWolf »

@Silverwolf

That is the reason they are giving for scumreading me. Telling me I am sheeping other ideas without providing original content. I've answered to this but it continues to be used.

So why is it a problem for me and not for them?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 am

Post by acryon »

In post 367, SilverWolf wrote:

@Silverwolf

That is the reason they are giving for scumreading me. Telling me I am sheeping other ideas without providing original content. I've answered to this but it continues to be used.

Wrong. The reason for you is
consistent
sheeping. Scum are never usually scummy for singular actions, but for patterns.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 368, acryon wrote:

@Silverwolf

Wrong. The reason for you is
consistent
sheeping. Scum are never usually scummy for singular actions, but for patterns.

Great. Now maybe the person I asked the question to will answer it.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:00 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

@Silverwolf

But there's a distinction between sheeping in general and finding the same things scummy about a player. If you ask for the scum case against anyone then the cases should overlap (in fact when they don't is when you tend to have a problem). It isn't scummy for a player to be scumreading you for reasons already mentioned, especially when multiple people have presented a case. It sort of feels like your looking for an easy thing to counterattack Acryon over.

PEdit: Acryon seems to have beaten to the punch. :P

PPEdit: Gees, can you wait like five seconds guys.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 370, VictorDeAngelo wrote:

@Silverwolf

But there's a distinction between sheeping in general and finding the same things scummy about a player. If you ask for the scum case against anyone then the cases should overlap (in fact when they don't is when you tend to have a problem). It isn't scummy for a player to be scumreading you for reasons already mentioned, especially when multiple people have presented a case. It sort of feels like your looking for an easy thing to counterattack Acryon over.

PEdit: Acryon seems to have beaten to the punch. :P

PPEdit: Gees, can you wait like five seconds guys.

Except this is the exact thing I am being attacked over. Having similar reasons for scumreading someone that someone else has. It makes no sense to me.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:05 am

Post by acryon »

In post 371, SilverWolf wrote:
Except this is the exact thing I am being attacked over. Having similar reasons for scumreading someone that someone else has. It makes no sense to me.

And what is your answer to my response other than "I didn't ask you"?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:07 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Part of the case against you is lack of orginality, but it's not the entirety of the case. What's your response to the points in Acryon's case that don't relate to you sheeping?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 am

Post by SilverWolf »

What is there to respond to? He doesn't agree with my comments or how I'm playing and doesn't think I'm defending myself well enough. Give me something to respond to and I will.

Return to “Completed Open Games”