Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 623, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Screw Freemasons, they're a shitty and absolutely worthless role

You're kidding right? If we keep our masons alive, we can get ourselves into a winning scenario much
much
more easily.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:08 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

UNVOTE:
Well now I'm just confused.
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:12 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

@Acyron - I'm serious about that. I think one of the three is scum. This is my belief. If you think it is wrong, tell me why.
@Acyron2- The problem is that masons lead to lots of confusion and mislynches. There is one advantage, and that is you can confirm townies. Granted, there is no reason to confirm the masons until they are at L-1.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 615, TellTaleHeart wrote:you would give reads

I give reads when I see fit, thank you
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

Post by wgeurts »

I'm sorry, VOTE: Constantine for all these comtradictions.
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:15 am

^Sing us another jingle king of jesters. You really are asking to be PL'd, you know that, right? Contradictions aren't an allignment tell. I've said it before and will say it again.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:16 am

If we are going to lynch anyone for contradictions, it would be the person who just voted me.
Show

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 630, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:You really are asking to be PL'd

i lol'd
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 627, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:@Acyron - I'm serious about that. I think one of the three is scum. This is my belief. If you think it is wrong, tell me why.

I think it is wrong, because your posts regarding the connections between the players seems to indicate otherwise. You're wrong based on your analysis.
In post 597, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:There is a connection between Mathdino, Victor, and Silverwolf. We already know it isn't a freemason connection, or they wouldn't of pushed wagons at each other.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am

Post by reinoe »

Riddle ton replaces Silverwolf. A more formal announcing when I'm not phone posting.
Last edited by reinoe on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Riddleton »

Hello
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Riddleton »

I read this thread before I replaced in, I've been following this game.

I've got a vote and case to make tonight when I have time to corroborate all my notes together.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 578, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Is this MathDino's first game as scum? He's displaying traits normal of a newb scum player, but I may have to change my reads a little if that's not the case. Is he an alt?

No. I played with him before. He's pretty damn good as town IMO. I'm surprised you haven't meta'd him considering you seem to actually know what the hell you are doing.

Also I'm not sure why you are so interested in my read on Acyron. It's mostly gut, but I have disliked a lot of his posts.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 452, Wisdom wrote:
In post 446, Malakittens wrote:Anyways townreads in no order {Mathdino, Finnlaw, TTH, BWMS} leaning town {N_M & Wge}

The only one I agree with is Mathdino, maybe TTH. Can you explain the rest?

Also remind me who you are scumreading and why.

FinnLaw because his posts reads to me like his posts did in the completed newbie game. He seems way too confident and not at all nervous that I feel that would come from a newb-scum.
BWMS is gut actually, but I liked the posts in the recent-day than I did when the game first started.
Wge is because I feel like he's acting too ballsy to be scum especially for newb-scum.
N_M is a mixture of gut and meta.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Malakittens »

I have a recently finished scum game of SW. Although not fully completed because she replaced out due to conflicts, but I feel there's enough information to compare here along with the other completed game she has here on site.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59204

Even though it's a small research window it's enough to give me a baseline.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 597, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:There is a connection between Mathdino, Victor, and Silverwolf. We already know it isn't a freemason connection, or they wouldn't of pushed wagons at each other.

I really doubt this is the case. Can we not fish for masons?

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 604, TellTaleHeart wrote:Are you even thinking about what you're parroting before you do so?
It's not a good point at all.

Here's the original context of what Constantine said:
In post 569, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:The lord gives me the authority to cooperate. Mathdino, patron saint of foolishness, it is you who is arrogant. Arrogant to the passion of christ.
You should be stigmatized for you ignorance. Don't you realize you're the main reason why god wants VictorDeAngelo Dead?
Yes, the lord suspects an unusual early connection and rvs ploy in the works.

If you go back to the first few pages, you'll see that Mathdino and Victor vote each other very early on. Constantine's argument isn't that they're masons, it's that they're scum who are distancing from each other by voting each other.

MathDino being Wisdom's yes-man is really starting to get on my nerves.

Not getting NK'd is vital to mason success. As long as they're town enough to not get lynched, even one of them surviving to the end is incredibly powerful. As long as masons don't outright lynch each other (which will never happen since masons claim), don't assume their strategy. Association analysis should absolutely be restricted to D2.
Yes, I do factcheck before 'parroting'. Someone makes a good point, I'll listen. And if I currently think Wisdom is the towniest person here, then I'm going to be more inclined to listen to him. I never did get the Wisdom case past the wgeurts stuff.

"Doling out a townread" is a funny way to describe reading someone as town.

@Constantine: Well you're pleasant. Appreciating your 'open-mindedness' while going after people for no stated reason.
I'm keeping my vote on you since it's more useful on you. As a general rule I step off replacement wagons until they've been given a chance to speak.
And lol at how you're literally the only one in this thread trying to talk about who's the better player. And lol at talking about PLing wgeurts.

acryon is correct that Constantine trying to point out what's a town tell negates his entire play, since he's clearly willing to follow what he sees as townplay.

Edit: Yum, Mala posting. I'll check out the Silver stuff in a sec. What do you see when you ISO Wisdom?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

@Mod There might something wrong with your L-#'s on the VC on the page before. It's knocking me off a balance while trying to see what is competing to certain wagons. Can you recheck so I know its accurate, ty

~mod note:Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I missed your unvote of acryon in post 395. Vote count updated accordingly.
Last edited by reinoe on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 639, Malakittens wrote:I have a recently finished scum game of SW. Although not fully completed because she replaced out due to conflicts, but I feel there's enough information to compare here along with the other completed game she has here on site.

Don't have time to look through it at the moment, but first glance shows that she replaced in over 500 posts in and less than 100 posts before the lynch, so I'm a little wary of comparing her scum-play at the very end of the day replacing in one game vs this game where she only played the first half of the day. It
could
provide useful information, but I would advise comparison to be done with extreme caution.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

What should I see when I ISO Wisdom? Other than his vote on me which he doesn't yet understand why it's wrong. :P

Also I think TTH is deff town for . His views are deff mirroring what I feel in regards to SCtH's connection between SW, MD & VDA.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 643, acryon wrote:
In post 639, Malakittens wrote:I have a recently finished scum game of SW. Although not fully completed because she replaced out due to conflicts, but I feel there's enough information to compare here along with the other completed game she has here on site.

Don't have time to look through it at the moment, but first glance shows that she replaced in over 500 posts in and less than 100 posts before the lynch, so I'm a little wary of comparing her scum-play at the very end of the day replacing in one game vs this game where she only played the first half of the day. It
could
provide useful information, but I would advise comparison to be done with extreme caution.

Yeah, but still enough to give me enough to go on for behavior wise and how she treats her scumpartners. If she's indeed scum this game it will give me information in the long run. it's one of those "Mala you need to recheck this post at a later game"~

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:25 am

Post by acryon »

In post 644, Malakittens wrote:Also I think TTH is deff town for . His views are deff mirroring what I feel in regards to SCtH's connection between SW, MD & VDA.

But then it gets even more confusing when Constantine then says he thinks one of them are scum...

pedit: Word.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 646, acryon wrote:
In post 644, Malakittens wrote:Also I think TTH is deff town for . His views are deff mirroring what I feel in regards to SCtH's connection between SW, MD & VDA.

But then it gets even more confusing when Constantine then says he thinks one of them are scum...

pedit: Word.

From what I'm reading he's called each one of them scum. He's trying to connect them as scumbuddies and trying to say he doesn't think these three are masons.

It's dumb.

I don't get where he's coming from.

So either SCtH is scum or really dumb town. Judging by his posts I don't think the latter is true.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

Alright, just read through Silver's scum game and one of her town games for reference (Thanks Mala).
As town, she seems very much focused on getting reads and logicking the hell out of people.
As scum, she seems focused on building cases and her reads contain very little reasoning.
As town, she asks questions to discuss people and formulate reads.
As scum, she asks pointed questions and is generally much more aggressive.

Neither of these games involved her sheeping the entire playerlist though. The sad thing is I'm beginning to see her play this game as consistent with her town meta, but that she was just not being very good at scumhunting.
So we're even more at square one. I'm going to have to do a serious rethinking of my reads here, but the first one is that Constantine is scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Mathdino »

Sidenote: She completely ignored her scum partner that game, but I don't think this is really useful.

Return to “Completed Open Games”