CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by CultivationTheory »

VOTE: Major Minor
I trust nobody who identifies himself through a contradiction.

P-edit: I've only played one game on MS. Shall I link it here as well?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 pm

CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 am

I'm just popping in with what little reads I've developed so far.

I see nothing bad in Copper and Mykonian's interaction earlier. They both seemed to want to get more information out and develop reads. Town points for both of them.

Flubber is looking more scummy than anyone at the moment, but it's too early for me to feel confident in that read, and I don't like that Myko seems so sure about it right now.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 am

It's not necessarily that I find him scummy, it's that I find him slightly scummier. His first post after being quiet for a while (#69) sounds fairly confident in his reads, and since then he's been pretty nonchalant about three people switching to vote for him rather quickly. I associate both of those attitudes with scum. It's not enough for me to be confident in, but it's the only thing from him that I read either way on at the moment.

Second, may as well UNVOTE: since we're moving out of RVS.

Third, where are literally half of our players?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:56 pm

In post 101, mykonian wrote:
In post 95, CultivationTheory wrote:I'm just popping in with what little reads I've developed so far.

I see nothing bad in Copper and Mykonian's interaction earlier. They both seemed to want to get more information out and develop reads. Town points for both of them.

Flubber is looking more scummy than anyone at the moment, but it's too early for me to feel confident in that read, and I don't like that Myko seems so sure about it right now.

Playing mafia is like... swimming in a pool. You stand there in your speedo thinking "this water is going to be cold". brr. Already cooling down yourself there. If you dip your foot in, the water really isn't going to get warmer, and indeed, the water is cold. So you stand there. Are you going to use the ladder? Water gets to your calves. Cold cold cold. Up to your tighs. aaaah! Your torso is even warmer so dipping so far is cold again. The trick is to dive in. Your body will have to get used to the temperature anyway, no use in focussing on every single part doing it.

So what are you doing on that ladder anyway.

That's a nice metaphor, but any sort of analysis, like a game of Mafia, relies on you keeping an open mind. Being so confident in what's basically a gut read at this point leads to tunneling, which is a bad thing. On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 pm

@Myko: Being definitive is one thing, being cocksure is another. It is good that you took your vote off Copper, but you don't get extra town points just for not being overtly scummy.

@Boon: All I said is that I find their early interaction townie in that both of them were trying to gain reads and get information out there, in contrast to some people scumreading one or the other over it at the time.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Holy moley I missed some content.

Quick summation: I'm liking Flubber a bit more after seeing him react like this to his wagon. While I haven't looked into his meta at all, I feel like town has much more motivation to make lots of posts when pressured in the early game. Scum would be more likely to either shut down and give less information or start chucking suspicion randomly.

What I don't like is Boon's #205. This defense of Flubber seems super awkward. I definitely wouldn't go that far out of the way to encourage another player to survive unless I had some way of confirming his identity. And I definitely wouldn't consider Flubber to be "100% drawing a NK from scum" with the way the day has gone so far. Boon, why do you claim this when it's pretty clear that a lot of people don't feel well about Flubber?
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:29 am

I'm cool with both Boon's defense and Nati's vote on me. Nati's operating with basically just as much reasoning as I have right now, and Boon's actually makes a little more sense.
CultivationTheory
CultivationTheory
Goon
CultivationTheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:50 am

In post 281, Whatisswag wrote:So, currently 4 people are on Flubber's side: Flubber, Boon, Swag, Theory. So which are "scum"? I am very interested to find out all of your views. Trust me, none of you are scumhunting gods.

Swag, who is the question in this post directed towards?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”