Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 5, copper223 wrote:Hey guys, let's have a fun game of mafia!

If you're curious about my playstyle, here's my first mafia game on MS:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59318

VOTE: mykonian for not random voting

VOTE: copper223
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Dessew »

@copper: That game is 60+ pages long, mind summarizing it in a few

huh, someone set off the fire alarm by accident.

words or senteces, preferably? Thank you.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Dessew »

How does my (or anyone's) knowing your playstyle help town exactly?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:44 am

Post by Dessew »

Fascinating... I had sausage, hash brown and baked beans for breakfast,
I hope this piece of information helps everyone to the greatest possible extent.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Dessew »

It depends on how you think knowledge about your playstyle could help town.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Dessew »

This answer is good, although I disagree with you on this matter, not like it's that important.
UNVOTE: copper
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Dessew »

psst, AK, it's not entirely naked. :D
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Dessew »

Oh, I forgot to actually write down what had happened on my part.

Copper's first post looked scummy for me because
1. It emphasizes his supposed transparency. That earlier game "could" help us to determine his alignment (one game meta, ew.) That and his wording (town, information, perhaps efficiency or a synonym of it) made me think he was most concerned about his own alignment.
2. Posting a link of a previous game is literally the most convinient way of providing content without producing any.
3. I haven't read much into that game, all I know is that he was endgamed as BP. I though he might have wanted to use this refrence to excuse himself later during the game when lurking or w/e.

However, what he says he intended to communicate was to highlight his positive features and pursue us to play properly the game (and maybe some other stuff, but that's irrelevant.) So I'm inclined to believe that he meant good (pro-town), just the means of communication was a bit unconventional. There he goes into my town pile.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Dessew »

He hasn't done much, has he? I don't know at all what the votes on me are about, so I'll wait for some text from him to evaluate an opinion. I'm more interested about Swag, tbh.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 43, Boonskiies wrote:@myk- I was asking Dessew specifically what his thoughts on Flubber were. I could care less what anyone else thinks about him right now.

The problem is that I don't know anything about why he's posted his posts.

@Flubber: would you care to post, I saw you online last night, after copper had already asked you about it, but you didn't answer then.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Dessew »

I hoped there'd be something catching my attention but eh.

@Swag: why exactly are Boonskiies and I improbable to be buddies?

@myko: frankly, I don't really get your exchange with copper, that why you felt a need for it. Did you get what you wanted? (ie.: was it successful whatever your goal was?)
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 71, mykonian wrote:eh, not really. It didn't really spread which is a shame.

Why aren't you voting flubber with me? He's scum. Anyone can see that.
Eh, why not.
VOTE: Flubbernugget
In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:
Also, why couldn't Dessew and I be scum together? I'd love to bus him so hard.
What a let down.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:17 am

Post by Dessew »

Damn, Emp.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:29 am

Post by Dessew »

So then Boon's no doublevoter. A couple players haven't posted at all, does anyone know anything about them?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Dessew »

Actually, Flubber (,you) didn't call myko town and I wasn't on the wagon at the time, so I don't even know what you all are talking about.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Dessew »

Why do you find Flubber scummy?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 97, CultivationTheory wrote:Third, where are literally half of our players?

This question is so good, I'm gonna repeat it.

@Emp: Where are literally half of our players?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Dessew »

Oh I just checked the exact rules for prodding, nevermind #98.

@Emp: I'd like to request a prod for all players who haven't posted for 48 hours. Thank you.

There are three day prod deadlines, but you can request it if someone hasn't posted for 48 hours.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 106, Boonskiies wrote:I understand why people are voting Flubber. He always seems scummy, and I necessarily can't read him. That being said, I'm not going to vote Flubber because I can't read him. Not at this point of the game. We'd get absolutely no information either way. At this point I'd like to pursue some people who are currently voting Flubber. Unlike CT, I don't necessarily like what they are saying.
So you want to lynch later someone whom you cannot get information from? Do I get it corrcetly?

@Dessew - if you had to pick to change your vote to either Copper or Myko, who would it be?
Myko, obv. Copper towns hard.
In post 107, CultivationTheory wrote:@Myko: Being definitive is one thing, being cocksure is another. It is good that you took your vote off Copper, but you don't get extra town points just for not being overtly scummy.

Why should be concerned about
your
read on him?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 114, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 83, copper223 wrote:@Flubber
why is your reaction once a wagon forms on you to town read everybody on it and to unvote?

This is exactly what I do as town.
Then don't do it. When there's a wagon on you, you already know the alignment of one player taking part in the exchange while you're not the one producing actual content. If you couldn't act townie enough, at least grab that great opportunity to form valuable reads.

In post 93, copper223 wrote:No surprise there, it would not be a hard task for scum to misslynch him if this is flubber's standard town play. Naked vote on a guy whose name he claim he doesn't remember, then when a wagon forms on him attempting to buy it off by giving town reads left and right, followed by removing his vote (I can still her the sound of the cave crashing). I don't have past experience with Flubber like you two nor do I think it's good to second guess yourself if you see someone playing scummy just because he looked scummy in the last game as well and he was town. Just do the guy a favour and lynch him, after the x-th mislynch as town I'm sure his game will improve.

Since you never played a game with him, how can you be so sure?
I don't what you you don't see.

In post 103, CultivationTheory wrote: On top of that, the most likely explanation in my mind for someone being so confident in a read with this little content out there is because he's mafia, and therefore doesn't have to guess.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

For once, I am not gonna unvote my RVS vote, myko's argument has no sense.

Why are you calling it an RVS vote then?

I've got a good idea, I'll wait with it 'till everyone posted, though. Stay tuned!
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 124, Anatole Kuragin wrote:flubber/swag/nati maybe

This post is so town, I cannot even emphasize enough.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 127, copper223 wrote:It's statistically unlikely that all the scum players have been active, so for me one or more are probably in the lurker pool for now. I can see Flubber Swag / Boon , but I don't like associative reads without flips.

I wanted to wait with this, but w/e.
I doubt that more than half of the scumteam hasn't posted. It's a bit meta-game-ish, but if you think about it, it certainly makes sense.
Nevertheless, the fact that half the playerlist is passive (which scum must be aware of) and Anatole's sorta disregarding it is what makes him town. (Especially if I'm right in the paragraph above.)
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 141, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 126, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Flubber, are you conscious of the fact that you seem to be playing differently from the other games we've finished together? Is it deliberate?

Yes I'd rather not lurk through this one.

You haven't really answered the question, though.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 144, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 143, Dessew wrote:
In post 126, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Flubber, are you conscious of the fact that you seem to be playing differently from the other games we've finished together? Is it deliberate?

He completely answered it. He usually lurks...he's not lurking now. How did he not answer it?

Sorry, I didn't dig myself into Flubber's meta. What I could figure out from this thread is that the difference is in the confidence of his reads, not his activity.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 119, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Boonskiies softing a cc isn't hounding you so calm your tits.

Copper is town. Even if he is making massive contradictions they're all related to game theory which should be a null tell. Especially with a new guy.

Myko idk. Though I'd like to know why he thinks I'm scum.

The guy who I'm voting for who's name I can't remember and can't be assed to flip a page to remember is town.

UNVOTE:

Flubber, I have never seen you issue a list of reads this confidently on day one.

Here, this is the post I mean. Activity isn't even mentioned.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Dessew »

Mea culpa. Then he didn't answer the
relevant
question.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 205, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 202, FuDuzn wrote:Bro, I just replaced in this game.

Cry me a river for having to read three pages.

It's not the 3 pages, bro. It's the content of the pages. I skimmed over, and I'm sorry you think 9 pages to read is so hard. You obviously think it is if you think I thought just reading the pages is what I was trying to infer was bad.

To everyone else...GET OFF OF FLUBBER! Seriously. He's so freaking town, that he should be considered NK bait.

Flubber, claim a PR. I want you to lie if you don't have one, as you will be 100% drawing the night kill from scum. This town is going to lynch an obvious town slot.

Before anyone says anything, yes, if you guys are going to be dumb and vote him, I want him to lie as town. There are scenarios where that is acceptable, and I believe this to be one. Flubber is not day 1 lynch material. We will get no information from that.
It's the first time you call him town, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong. I read through and read the lover claim, too, I just wanted to point this out.
In post 207, Boonskiies wrote:Mykonian and dessew's votes are very opportunistic.
Mine is, that's true.
In post 211, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 143, Dessew wrote:

Wait a minute
you
started this shitfest?
Have you read the posts after? Read them.
In post 213, Boonskiies wrote:If it stops this wagon on Flubber, yes. Oh, actually guys, Flubber and I are lovers. That's why he shouldn't be lynched. (We're not really, don't take it to heart, but if Flubber flips scum, I will eat my pants.)

FuDzn, I like your reads. Myko/Dessew are super off for me. Also, I could see copper being on the scum team, but only if mykonians isn't.
Oh, this isn't actually a lover claim, herpderp. Then my question at the top of this post holds.
In post 229, Whatisswag wrote:

Seriously, look back to all of your games, which of those cases do you get scum on the first read?
In post 135, Anatole Kuragin wrote:also fuck anyone who has "swag" in their username

This one I like.

I am not buddying with Flubber, just that my reads are better than most of yours. I dont have any scum read right now but my only town reads are copper, boon, flubber
What? :DD What the fucking hellfuck?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Dessew »

Oh ffs, Flubber, you're just on L-2, don't make a drama.
BTW, Flubber's on L-2.

Now, since you read the posts after "starting this shitfest", you can properly address it, I suppose.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 119, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Boonskiies softing a cc isn't hounding you so calm your tits.

Copper is town. Even if he is making massive contradictions they're all related to game theory which should be a null tell. Especially with a new guy.

Myko idk. Though I'd like to know why he thinks I'm scum.

The guy who I'm voting for who's name I can't remember and can't be assed to flip a page to remember is town.

UNVOTE:

Flubber, I have never seen you issue a list of reads this confidently on day one.

Now, will you
at last
answer the
actual
question about your playstyle?

I swear I've never been so angry at a person who had just made me look him as a puppy being skinned. Your AtE is noted.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 262, Flubbernugget wrote:I AM CONSCIOUS OF THE FACT THAT I AM NOT LURKING IN THIS GAME LIKE I WAS IN THAT GAME.

HOLY.

FUCKING.

SHIT.

You're the only one who cares about your lurking or not lurking. Literally the only one. Or maybe plus copper, but who else cares, I don't, that's sure. So you can repeat that you're not lurking twice or thrice an hour or w/e, I don't give a bloody rat's ass. You're avoiding the actual point.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 265, Flubbernugget wrote:I CHANGED MY FUCKING PLAYSTYLE BECAUSE I'M NOT FUCKING LURKING ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
changing activity =/= changing playstyle. You say you don't want to lurk and I absolutely like this decision of yours. However, you're avoiding addressing the concerns about you change of playstyle.
In post 281, Whatisswag wrote:So, currently 4 people are on Flubber's side: Flubber, Boon, Swag, Theory. So which are "scum"? I am very interested to find out all of your views. Trust me, none of you are scumhunting gods.
It's the second instance he brought up the "well-your-reads-are-probably not perfect-because-reads-usually-are-not-on-day-one" "point", so somebody, help me out. Is this actually scummy? Because I had a phase when I wanted to lynch AtE no matter what and I also really want to lynch him for this, but as you know, AtE is not necessarely alignment indicative and I have no experience with the stuff swag is posting.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Dessew »

UNVOTE: Flubber

Folks, I really need someone elses opinion on swag's thing, preferably someone with reasonable experience. His point is basically that everyone is full of shit regardless of anything and no one should bother to try to do anything useful 'cause they're bound to fail, even if he's applying it selectively. I only know that it moves something inside me, but I don't actually know if scum or town would post something like this and why. That's really a major part of this game imo, please help me out, let's have a few posts of theory discussion, however I'd hate that in other scenarios, please.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Dessew »

It just makes me feel itchy, I'll quote the parts I'm talking about.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 229, Whatisswag wrote:

Seriously, look back to all of your games, which of those cases do you get scum on the first read?

In post 281, Whatisswag wrote:Trust me, none of you are scumhunting gods.
There, I deleted parts of the posts, but it doesn't change the phenomenon.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 308, Natirasha wrote:Swag/CT/Dessew, actually.
???
In post 312, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 307, Whatisswag wrote:the Nati vote right from flubber right after me seems like a possible attempt to drag me down as scum if he is lynched. Town read decreasing a little bit

@Flubber, please give an explnation on why you voted Nati, and especially right after my vote.

PoE/Minimal content
What content, what PoE? Like three slots haven't even posted, right?
In post 318, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Anyone scumreading copper?
I'm townreading him. PEDIT: yes, Boon is. PEDIT2: Fu is, too.

VOTE: Flubber
Basically, I'm not entirely convinced that he's scum, although I strongly doubt that anyone would post without having some unclean motivations. I've never actually called him scum, btw, I originally joined his wagon only to do something with my vote. (It should answer one of swag's questions, he didn't wanted to learn the answer too much, though.) I'm pretty content with my decision in hindsight because of this hysteria around him. I'm sure that Boon and most likely swag, too, have the same alignment as Flubber. So whatever Boon says, this lynch would provide plenty of information. Even if he flipped town, we'd get two technically universal townreads, that's quite good.
On another note, what I've read about Flubber in this thread, he isn't really the player scum would actively try to get rid of early on (nohard feelings, pal,neither am I.) So that would actually put myko on the town side, I suppose.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 244, comradekafka wrote:Good grief!

Apologies ladies & gentlemen, I've been away.

Will endeavor to make a 1st substantive post in the next 24 hours.

I suppose you didn't mean this thread then...
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 333, Flubbernugget wrote:I trust him with quoting a post after my death that gives no alignment indicative information at all.

So can we knock the I trust Boons bullshit off? You're making it sound like I'm trusting him to hide my drugs from his fbi roommate and thats a really scummy misrep.

Oh.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Dessew »

UNVOTE: Flubber
With that post of Flubber's having meant a completely different thing than I thought, he looks much less scummy, even townishish. OTOH, this also makes me feel iffy about voting Boon, I don't see why scum would try to keep a not-buddy in game so hard.
I cannot recall why Boon's scumreading Anatole, I'll look into that, if there hasn't been anything posted about it, Boon, could you explain it?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 386, Boonskiies wrote:I don't believe I was scum reading AK? I have been falling behind in this game lately, and I apologize for that. Been busy in real life.
Sorry, I just read this post:
In post 363, Boonskiies wrote:
I'm inclined to vote Copper over Anatole in that situation. Maybe it's because of my bias towards loving Anatole because of our recent scum win together, and I'm blinded, but I would pick Copper over Anatole.

In post 411, copper223 wrote:VOTE: Reinoe

What is this vote about? Frankly, I didn't even notice reinoe was in this game.

I'd like to hear more from Flubber about Boon, this whole thing just doesn't work out.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Dessew »

Oh, traitor makes sense, he's a traitor, right?
My point is that Boon had some motivation to defend Flubber so hard, but Flubber doesn't have one to do so. And there were no actual N0 actions, right? So there's some asymmetry.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 422, mykonian wrote:@dessew

You can hardly be opposed to a boon lynch though, regardless of the connections. Don't think flubber will get killed tonight, you'll get your answer.

The lynch seems to be okay by Flubber, sooo... Ah, whatever.
VOTE: Boonskiies
It's L-1.

I really hope it's the right decision. I'll be around more or less, though.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Dessew »

UNVOTE: Boon
@myko: you haven't even voted him. You first. I'll be around to hammer.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Dessew »

WTF, sorry, myko did vote at the end of a line.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 416, mykonian wrote:
In post 401, Boonskiies wrote:This is why I fucking hate being a town PR, ignorance in people who vote people for pretty much no reason.

oooh, it's not flubber doing it, but you! This is so awesome. There's the fake softclaim so now we are supposed to ask what you really are and you have some time to think etc.

Boon's a good second best anyway. Shame flubber couldn't happen today. Should boon flip scum, I probably was wrong about flubber.
vote boon

Like, WTF, man, that's not how you're supposed to vote.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Dessew »

I'm out, I'll come back to chack the flip, if there isn't one yet, I can answer questions. I cannot say anything guys, I'm sorry.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 440, Empking wrote:
Welcome Back

Not Voting: mykonian, Natirasha, Anatole Kuragin, droog, Dessew,
Boonskiies
, reinoe, Flubbernugget, Copper223, CultivationTheory, comradekafka, FuDuzn, Whatisswag
(expired on 2014-11-28 15:03:14)

@Emp: ???

It's just a quick check-in, sorry guys.
VOTE: droog
IMO, Anatole is town, I have doubts about Flubber, though. I don't see why scum would harddefense Flubber, tbh. If droog is scum, myko's probably town, but that's quite trivial.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Dessew »

It's normal. No non-sane cop.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Dessew »

Ah, is this gonna be what I think it's gonna be?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Dessew »

Btw, I was meaning to ask this: are scum backups usually backups of town PRs, as well, or just scum PRs?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Dessew »

Do we really care if the cop is for real? If he's not, we'll lynch him tomorrow. He explicitely claimed cop, and the only way cop can get false-positive is investigating a miller, a role droog didn't claim. Moreover if droog was a miller, he would've claimed right away. So the result is true or he's lying. I really don't think we should discuss this cop thing today.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Dessew »

Let me rethink my position:

I literally cannot think of anything more anti-town right now than disputing the cop claim.

Revote, please. Thank you. And no one has claimed a protective role, yet.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 533, Anatole Kuragin wrote:kafka what result did you get?

I'd actually prefer myko's plan. Let's massclaim first, then cafka can post his result.
@cafka: Are you familiar with the concept of popcorn?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Dessew »

Then name who you want to start the massclaim.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 am

Post by Dessew »

Just when I thought anyone could do a massclaim...
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Dessew »

I don't think it's necessarely auto. But even if you think it is, there's no reason not to do it properly.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Dessew »

I'm pretty sure Boon and droog were in the same faction as their flavour wasn't different, both are mafia.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 483, Natirasha wrote:Oh I should read before posting.

I still think jailor should claim but let's just quicklynch.

VOTE: Droog

Since it seems like we aren't going to have a proper massclaim, I'd like to point out this post of Natirasha where he implies there's a gaoler.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Dessew »

Tbh, I'm pretty sure what Flubber'd claim.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:58 am

Post by Dessew »

You know guys, in my opinion, for scum, killing a cop is much more benefitial than getting any power role via the backup. I mean cops are stong af. Especially if there's no godfather. I doubt that there's either another scum faction or a godfather. You know, having werewolves and a cop seems to be technically impossible to balance, tbh.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:33 am

Post by Dessew »

It seems like the Nati thing doesn't really interest anyone.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 613, reinoe wrote:
In post 612, mykonian wrote:hmm, I don't think I agree with that if kafka in the same time lives and gets another result in. Suppose I'm a scum gf, I can't win. I'm not making lylo, lets get that straight here. If there's something else going on (and really, there is, just a gf and a universal backup on scum's side would not deal with cop doc rb rolecop, empking is not a silly), kafka is a problem scum has to deal with and they are on a clock.

But as per above, I'd be surprised if goblin died. So eh, sure, I guess?

Full disclosure...I may have conf bias...

Explain the purpose of a scum universal back-up when there's a cop? Actually, I invite that question to anyone. What possible purpose could there be unless this game is designed badly.

In post 603, Dessew wrote:You know guys, in my opinion, for scum, killing a cop is much more benefitial than getting any power role via the backup.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Dessew »

I should probably look back how exactly the events unfold, but fuck it, atm, I'd really like to see a check on you Fu. Hell, I don't even see, why we couldn't check literally everyone before lynching. Should myko be scum, your blocking him would solve the problem.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Dessew »

@Fu: It just doesn't make much sense to me. Losing the cop should be a harsh blow on town, as the universal backup cop would be pretty much useless. However, cop loses much of its value if there's a godfather. Tbqh, I'm the most afraid of your being scum RB. Yet, there might have been someone anti-town going utr all game or having some tremendous towncred.

And stop this werewolf nonsense, it's just insane. There haven't been any night kills, and there's a cop who gets their results as Mafia/Not Mafia. What do you want? Where's a seeër, or like any sense of balance?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #63) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Dessew »

Actually, numberwise, lynching would make it faster.
VOTE: myko
It's
L-2
, I suppose. It's the fourth vote.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 643, Whatisswag wrote:Dessew, Nati, Kafka, please explain your reason for getting Myko lynched tomorrow. YES KAFKA TOO, I DONT TRUST YOU.

In post 633, Dessew wrote:Actually, numberwise, lynching would make it faster.
VOTE: myko
It's
L-2
, I suppose. It's the fourth vote.

It must be fun being illiterate, tell me more about it.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #65) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Dessew »

Sending PMs aout when a new phase begins is common practice. Anyway, it seems like we've got only less than two hours... So let's do this:
VOTE: Fu
There're just way too many PRs. Both the RB and the role cop can easily be scum, especially since it seems like we've got a cop and a doc.
Voting swag is nonsense, you cannot arrive to the conclusion that he's scum through logical steps. It's just a sidenote, though, I won't particularly oppose lynching him. Nevertheless, Fu or Goblin would be a better choice.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #66) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:42 am

Post by Dessew »

Just to clear it up: they're not both scum at the same time, I'm pretty sure it's just a usual 10 v 3.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:30 am

Post by Dessew »

Stop this nonsense with swag, there's literally no benefit for scum to play like he does, put him in you town pile and ignore him.
I suppose we can agree then that the RB or the role cop, as the only one commenting on it was Goblin (who successfully that he wasn't reading properly.)
Setupwise, I think scum RB makes more sense, so I'd prefer a Fu lynch.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Dessew »

I'm not arguing based on player reactions. Cop+doc is strong af, one must give something for scum to counter it. Now if town has an RB and a role cop, scum needs nuclear power or more, that's just nonsense. But either the RB or the rolce cop is for real and the RB is arguably better for scum in this setup.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Dessew »

I don't really care, though, but we have to lynch a player who claimed a PR, 'cause there's just too much of them. We've got four relatively strong PRs claimed, and two of us haven't even claimed their roles.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Dessew »

There's this joke about the two political prisoners in Siberia. They found a bottle of vodka. One of them said: "Now, I'm gonna put this behind me, you guess I hold the bottle in which hand. If you're correct, we drink it, if not, we'll never drink ever again." "Okay, it's your right hand." "Think harder, Igor, think harder!" I hope, Fu, you're going to think hard enough if you're town.
UNVOTE: Fu
VOTE: Goblin
It's probably L-2.
I won't count anything right now, I've had two supervisions today.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #71) » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Dessew »

^That's a really awkward wink to Fu in hindsight.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #72) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Dessew »

Actually
UNVOTE: Goblin
VOTE: Fu
I thought Fu could've checked cafka by RB'ing him, but the role cop is just much more efficient, so that was actually a horrible idea.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Dessew »

Just go with the flow. On the one hand, it seems like we've got plenty of time. On the other hand, town having cop+doc+RB+rolecop is technically impossible to balance, and most likely there's only one scum left, therefore we have an extremely small lynchpool. These to ways of thinking lead you to two separate conclusion, just choose one. I'm telling this to everybody.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 724, copper223 wrote:
Just go with the flow.

So scum just need to be the first to FOS someone to win, honestly I despair about you.

You speak as if having a (1) cop, (2) doc, (3) RB, (4) role cop was so usual. Well, it isn't.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Dessew »

then you agree we've got a lynchpool of two. What's yar problem?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #76) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Dessew »

Pleasestop this swag's scum nonsense. Just forget about that guy.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Dessew »

They didn't, it's between Goblin and Fu.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:02 am

Post by Dessew »

I mean Fu's attacking swag because there was no night kill and he blocked swag this night. So he has the same reason to vote swag what he had to vote myko. There's simply just something really strange going on, but we cannot lynch people based on blocks. As they've shown to be unreliable.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #79) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Dessew »

Actually, Fu might have given up the game and he's just pushing his boundaries to see how incompetent we are. We lynched a claimed doc, ffs. Based on a block. I'm not saying that there's no way Fu is town. He might be. But then We've got cop+doc+RB, we cannot have a role cop, too. Ergo Goblin's scum. And the game's solved. If we lynch swag, we'd just make fools outta ourselves.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #80) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Dessew »

I mean we could lynch swag and we still wouldn't lose the game. Moreover, it'd be so much fun. But it's just pointless.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #81) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Dessew »

I could've made one long post instead of several short ones.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #82) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Dessew »

But then my post count would turn out to be rather underwhelming.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #83) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Dessew »

VOTE: No lynch
Alright, the bussing part is a bit off, perhaps, but you couldn't really bus droog at the time iirc.
Let us see some results. The cop can check on you or Goblin, Goblin can check the cop &c.
Swag's not scum, his play just doesn't make sense from that perspective.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Dessew »

@Fu: have you addressed the setup itself?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Dessew »

It's in the normal description expressis verbis that no alignment change, don't be silly, Fu.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but swag asked for the role cop check, didn't he?
You still haven't addressed the situation that we've got a doc flip and three players claiming pretty strong PRs. That's like the exact thing what this game is all about, except when
you
post.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #86) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Dessew »

Fu claims to have blocked the doc twice and we've had nought night kills so far, so it's not like it matters.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #87) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Dessew »

I mean, swag could just stop this bullshit now, as Fu's the only (really vocal) player who's scumreading him.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #88) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Dessew »

I've already said it earlier, but here, I repeat: there's a cop who gets his results as Mafia/Not Mafia. Balance that with two factions.
Btw, copper is arguing that your role is scummy.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (isolation #89) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Dessew »

I'm gonna travel tomorrow, but the day's gonna end during that anyway, so it doesn't really matter. It's technically a prod-dodge. Also, apparently two thirds of the story of the new SW film have leaked. Does someone want to discuss it?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #90) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Dessew »

VOTE: Goblin

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”