Newbie 1560 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ludakic300
ludakic300
Townie
ludakic300
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 am

Post by ludakic300 »

/confirm
ludakic300
ludakic300
Townie
ludakic300
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by ludakic300 »

Hello everybody,
I'm sorry for not being active at all, but right now i have some private business and one other mafia game and will not be very active for 2 more days(will post something tomorrow so i don't get replaced so i hope i'll be able to answer your questions then). :(
For now i wanna start with:
VOTE: Hopkirk
For the following reasons:
1. when he put Death on L1 he started explaining what one should do if planning to lynch someone, making declaration of L1 barely noticable. I would appreciate if he had first announced that L1 clearly(bold and in one separated line so it's easily visible) and then explained what to do if one is planning to lynch. ofc, this is dumb reason and it is actually rather personal preference than something that important, but once this thread becomes really big i would like to be able to see important ''past posts'' quickly. So please, when putting someone on L1 make it really visible in your post(change font if necessary).
2.This is way more important reason and it really bothers me but when you put someone on L1 so early in the day then you should put some pressure on him. Otherwise risking someone accidentally lynching that person that early is pointless and it could potentially lead to lost of precious time that town has. Hopkirk didn't put almost any pressure on Death and his posts are quite useless to town. It seems to me that Death is putting greater pressure on Hopkirk.
3.Also one quite useless reason but it caught my curiosity: Hopkirk doesn't remember playing with Elleheathen but when she reminds him(with(paraphrasing): "Do you remember we played together?") he suddenly remembers that. Why didn't he remembered it before she reminded him if it took only that weak question for him to remember? What else occupied his head that he couldn't read all the names of current players and recall the ones he played with? the answer that comes to my mind is that he's too busy with thinking what to do as mafia. Other answer is that he just forgot and this is more reasonable answer, but i must ask my self: "what if...?"

The last thing i wanna say right now(other than that i'm sorry for all my grammar mistakes :D ) is that i want you to remove at least one vote from death(remember, I could be saying this as Death's scum partner). You're not putting any pressure on him and it's stupid now to risk accidental lynch when we have enough time for more in depth analysis of all players. It's never good to hope for lucky scum lynch and scum always give some clue if game lasts long enough (even if that scum is myself).
ludakic300
ludakic300
Townie
ludakic300
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by ludakic300 »

In post 181, Howl wrote:Such bad guys.

I don't like ludakic's post. Mainly for the last part. The only person in the game that
knows
if you (as in yourself) are town is yourself. If you start to undermine that without reason it doesn't make sense outside of a slip up that shows that you actually are mafia.

As an expansion of the psychoanalysis earlier. Everybody has, as a byproduct of the human condition, the need to tell the truth. Lying is not a natural action and has to be taught and maintained. Hints, even unintentional will still come up sometimes due to not keeping your own words in check and I think we have might very well have a mafia here as a direct result of this process.

-------

ludakic, do you want to weigh in on the fisaro wagon? Got an opinion on the biggest topic of the day so far at all?

Before i posted my comment i realized that it has too much "i'm scum" sentences in it. I thought about removing them so you wouldn't get wrong impression, but this is newb game and maybe some of you are really new. I decided to leave those sentences since it's something one has to keep in mind when he's deciding if he should go with someones wishes or not(i'm referring to ''i might be death's scum partner''). I don't think the post i made will harm me because in few days i'll show you my gameplay and i'm convinced i'll be able to remove most of the suspicions about me being scum because i have nothing to hide and am not afraid to answer on any questions you ask me(i'm wrote this and then i laughed because i can't answer on your first question today-i need some time to do analysis and i currently don't have much of that).
In post 184, House wrote:
In post 183, Howl wrote:Also, elle, I am happy to for the moment let your tone slide as a playstyle thing, much akin to my view of House at the moment. But I will be watching for anything that tips the balance.

Motivation is a much more reliable determining factor than any static action.

Since you are concerned about elle's sass, I will use it as an example: what would scum hope to gain by provoking town with snark and abrasive comments?

It's much easier to blend in by being passive.

That's not to say that scum won't be coarse, it's just not alignment indicative if someone is.

Another reason why i decided to leave those ''scum'' sentences. One can more easily hide in town if he doesn't expose himself like i did. But, I might be some suicidal scum hoping you'll buy my arguments and faithfully follow me to the end?
In post 186, House wrote:
In post 185, Howl wrote:Active distraction from proper discussion comes to mind. It detracts from anything else going on in the game.

I disagree, I think we've gotten a fair bit out of this discussion.

There's no big discussion about this. You keep in mind that i might be scum, see how i'll act till the end of the day(don't quicklynch pls), answer my questions and i'll answer yours, don't buy any of my stories too much as i won't yours and if until the end of the day i'm still on top of your scum list-lynch me, if i'm not you top scum suspect but i'm too much wifom for you-lynch me(having wifom is only making you less able to focus on important things so it's better to remove wifom threat and focus on other things than lose time on something that may not be of great importance), if after that i'm neutral to you or leaning town then we go again the next day(if i'm not nightkilled :P ).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”