Matrix6 and the Newbie Queue

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 23, reinoe wrote:Cops are more powerful than watchers.

I don't think this is true. (though which is better is likely a function of game size)
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:31 am

Post by chamber »

In post 31, N wrote:Quilford, have a look at what you wrote again. Either you mixed up row and column, or you need to explain how your thing works better.

Yep
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by chamber »

I suspect most players in newbie games are new to MS not to mafia.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:09 am

Post by chamber »

In post 51, Toomai wrote:
In post 44, Mina wrote:Basically, I want to be scientific about this. :doc: Does anyone have any evidence, even
anecdotal
evidence, that people aren't grasping the set-up? Because I'm just afraid we're going to fix something that isn't broken. The only data points I have so far are positive anecdotes from newer players.
I skim every newbie game for the stats. I don't read every post, but I do feel like I get a pretty good grasp of the game.

Most games, I don't recall anyone saying they don't get the setup. Maybe a post or two near the beginning asking for clarification, which an SE or IC provides. Oftentimes, when a claim occurs, the SEs/IC spells out what it means for the setup, and everyone seems to at least get it enough to question it. There have been some blunders, but they seem few and far between (probably less than 10, and certainly less than 20, in 170+ games), and the blunderer always seems to slap their forehead afterwards.

Now I don't tend to read postgames, so I might be missing anything that goes on there, but from my perspective the setup is not an issue.

Newbies not understanding without SE's/IC's walking them through it can still be an issue. We want them to be engaged and thinking for themselves as much as possible. Not to say the SE's/IC's input is absolutely needed on the matter, but if they are always providing it we can't know.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”