Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2171, Riddleton wrote:
In post 2169, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2158, Green Crayons wrote:The fact that you personally have not engaged in actions that are scummy on their face in the very limited time you have been involved in this game does not wash away the scum sins of your predecessor.

In post 2161, Riddleton wrote:You say that "you've not doing any actions that are scummy ergo you are scum". That's definitely complete BS.

In post 2167, Riddleton wrote:
In post 2164, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2161, Riddleton wrote:You say that "you've not doing any actions that are scummy ergo you are scum". That's definitely complete BS.
Also, misrep.
It's called paraphrasing.

"Paraphrasing" that puts words in my mouth is not paraphrasing, it's misrepresentation.

I'm putting no words into your mouth. You say "You've not engaged in any scummy actions" and "...does not wash away sins of your predecessor". That's exactly what I'm saying. If you're going to be pedantic, which you're doing plenty of tonight, you could argue I meant "your slot is scum", but that's besides the point.

I know you can see the difference between your paraphrase of "you haven't done anthing scummy and THEREFORE ("ergo") are scum" - which is a nonsensical position to take - and my actual assertion of "
even though
you haven't done anything scummy, you are scum because your slot's predecessors."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

"I can however try and defend his motives as I know 100% he's town, but that's irrelevant to me, as I can never fully know why he did something. If you have issues with my slot, talk to me about it."

You state that you
can
defend his motives, and then invite me to talk to you about issues with your slot. It's explicitly stated and implied that you were willing to defend motives, not actions.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

(But, once again, lol @ this apparently fundamental distinction between motives and actions in reviewing your slot's previous occupants.)
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Riddleton »

In post 2175, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2171, Riddleton wrote:
In post 2169, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2158, Green Crayons wrote:The fact that you personally have not engaged in actions that are scummy on their face in the very limited time you have been involved in this game does not wash away the scum sins of your predecessor.

In post 2167, Riddleton wrote:
In post 2164, Green Crayons wrote:
Also, misrep.
It's called paraphrasing.

"Paraphrasing" that puts words in my mouth is not paraphrasing, it's misrepresentation.

I'm putting no words into your mouth. You say "You've not engaged in any scummy actions" and "...does not wash away sins of your predecessor". That's exactly what I'm saying. If you're going to be pedantic, which you're doing plenty of tonight, you could argue I meant "your slot is scum", but that's besides the point.

I know you can see the difference between your paraphrase of "you haven't done anthing scummy and THEREFORE ("ergo") are scum" - which is a nonsensical position to take - and my actual assertion of "
even though
you haven't done anything scummy, you are scum because your slot's predecessors."

See what I mean droog? Pedantic.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Riddleton »

Droog, switch to GC with me? Pretty please? <3
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Ah, yes. Explaining a blatant misrepresentation has become reduced to being nothing more than pedantic, which you're adopting as a new strategy on the fly as apparently my use of the word has made it a quick and easy tool for you to pick up.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 9.02
shaddowez (1)-
droog
(L-2)

droog (0)-

Riddleton (2)-
Green Crayons, shaddowez
(L-1)

Green Crayons (1)-
Riddleton
(L-2)

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-23 22:00:00)
- Dec 23rd 22:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Riddleton »

Don't be silly GC, of course it's pedantic.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

:)

I look forward to you being hammered, scum.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Riddleton »

Lol, OK. I wouldn't mind except droog thinks it's shadow. It's obvious the final scum is in this silly argument and I know it's not me.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by droog »

In post 2155, Riddleton wrote:
In post 1902, Riddleton wrote:Yeah, they look bad. I awknowledge that. But that's -- again -- not my play so I can't write an inspired defense of why Fink did XYZ at any given time. I don't understand what my comments about Fink's play will add to the game as it stands.

I don't really care about defending Fink's play or trying to justify it, droog. Logically, if my slot is scum, my posts & actions will be scummy as well as Fink's. The fact that has not been found to much degree yet means my slot is town. I welcome you to try and make a case based on
my
actions, and not that of my predecessors whom I can't defend.

I am not asking you to defend fink
I am asking for explanation on "fink is newb/confused"
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by shaddowez »

droog
, I don't suspect you because you suspect me, I'm beginning to suspect you because of how you're acting all of a sudden. If I thought you were more likely to be scum than either of the other two, I'd be voting you, not either of them.

If you want to look at my voting record of people I "voted for suspecting me" anyway, I'd say I'm at a pretty good success rate.
V/LA on Weekends
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2186, shaddowez wrote:If you want to look at my voting record of people I "voted for suspecting me" anyway, I'd say I'm at a pretty good success rate.

Who has suspected you in this game?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I was referring to Thor. I suppose "suspecting" may have been the wrong word, since his case on me was "PoE"
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by shaddowez »

@MOD
- V/LA over the weekend, back on Sunday, 12/14
V/LA on Weekends
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Yeah, the only person I could think of who suspected you was Thor.

And you voted him after he voted you.

How does that make you have a "pretty good success rate" at voting people who suspected you?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

droog and Riddleton have been prodded. They each have 24 hours to respond in thread before being replaced.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by droog »

VOTE: riddleton
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by droog »

there i did it
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 9.03
shaddowez (0)-

droog (0)-

Riddleton (3)-
Green Crayons, shaddowez, droog
LYNCHED

Green Crayons (1)-
Riddleton
(L-2)

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-23 22:00:00)
- Dec 23rd 22:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hammer

Riddleton
was
lynched
day 9, they were a

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 10.00
shaddowez (0)-

droog (0)-

Green Crayons (0)-

Not Voting (3)-
shaddowez, droog, Green Crayons

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-28 20:00:00)
- Dec 28th 20:00 GMT
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by droog »

:igmeou:
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by droog »

cross.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Well shit.

Return to “Completed Open Games”