Fifteen to One (Game 2, Round 3: !?!?)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Fifteen to One (Game 2, Round 3: !?!?)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:07 am

Post by doctorwho »

RULES:

The game starts with 15 players, each of whom have 3 lives. Each player has been assigned a numbered position by random.org. In the first round, a question is asked to each player (every player's question will be posted at the same time). A correct answer to a question keeps the lives intact. An incorrect answer means a life is lost. This is then repeated with one crucial difference: if a player answers their question incorrectly after getting their first question wrong, they are automatically eliminated from the game.

Round 2 starts with the player with the lowest number that has not been eliminated. An incorrect answer costs them a life and passes control to the player with the next highest number. A correct answer gives the player the right to nominate any of the other players to face the next question. A correct answer from the nominated player gives them the right to nominate; an incorrect answer costs that player a life and gives control back to the player who nominated them.

NOTE: You cannot nominate the same player two questions in a row, nor can you nominate the same player that nominated you immediately after gaining control.

Round 2 continues until only three players have lives remaining; they advance to Round 3.

At the start of round 3, each player is given 1 point for each life they had remaining at the end of Round 2. All three players are restored to three lives. The round begins with a series of questions on the buzzer. All correct answers in the round are worth 10 points, and an incorrect answer still costs a life. After a player reaches 30 points, the player breaking that threshold is given the option to either take a question for themselves or nominate another player to face the question. (The note above does not apply here.) If a nominated player answers incorrectly, control stays with the player who nominated them; if a player gives themself a question and answers incorrectly, the next question is asked on the buzzers for control.

Three incorrect answers eliminates a player REGARDLESS OF THEIR SCORE.

Only 40 questions are available in the round. If multiple players remain after the last question, after converting any remaining lives into points (10 for each life left), the highest score wins. If at any point two players are eliminated, the remaining player automatically wins, although they are still required to continue until they finish the last question or run out of lives.

NOTES:

Players may appear in consecutive games, but they must sit out a third game before playing again.

Deadlines are 24 hours for everything (though this will be relaxed if circumstances dictate it). If you miss a deadline for a question, you will lose a life; if you miss a nomination deadline, the dice will decide who faces the next question.

QUEUE:

LEADERBOARD:

1. JasonWazza: 181 (game 1)
2. imaginality, 141 (game 1)

CURRENT GAME STATUS:

Round 3

Nobody Special: 21
||

Mitillos: 92
|||

JasonWazza: 41
|
Last edited by doctorwho on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 129 times in total.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 am

Post by doctorwho »

Buzzer round as in "first to post an answer gets it", not "60 second speed round". Sorry that wasn't clear.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by doctorwho »

If it means that much to you, I can easily figure out something. The finalists and I could probably work out a time to all be on and run the first few questions of the round then, probably with reduced time limits (say, 5-10 minutes for a question). Once someone hits 30 points, we go back to the 24 hour time limits that apply to the rest of the game.

Better?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:38 am

Post by doctorwho »

We have our players, we have the questions, so let's get this going, shall we?

I'll start by noting that all these questions in the first round were written before random.org determined your places, so as not to unfairly advantage or disadvantage anyone.

imaginality, you're in position number one, so you get the honor of facing the first question. (expired on 2014-12-28 12:40:00) to answer.

(and for the first go-round, all of you will get PMs when your question comes; after that, it's your responsibility to check the thread.)

Here we go...

imaginality:
After the French Revolution, the French briefly used a time system that divided the day into how many hours?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:49 am

Post by doctorwho »

If the other players are fine with it, then I'm fine with it. I think it's a great idea, I just want to make sure that everyone's in agreement here.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: Good logic, you're right.

A majority of you seem to be fine with the change, so that's how we'll be doing it from here on out. Here come the questions...

JasonWazza: The Battle of Reval, the Siege of Corfu, and the XYZ Affair. All of them took place in what decade of the 1700s?
DeasVail: Sony Pictures was hacked into earlier this year over the film "The Interview". What was the name of the group that claimed responsibility for the hacking?
Cheery Dog: The name of which chemical element is taken from the Greek for light-bearing?
Not_Mafia: Give me the next number in this sequence: 2, 4, 6, 30, ?
D3F3nd3r: What art movement was led by figures such as Wayne Thiebaud and Jasper Johns?
Save the Dragons: Barbados, Saint Lucia, and Grenada. All of them are part of what island group?
SleepyKrew: The "bond plot" and the "casket plot" could be considered summations of the two main plots of which Shakespeare play?
PrivateI: "Call me Ishmael." That's the opening line of which novel by Herman Melville?
Nobody Special: What Baroque era instrument was an early predecessor to the modern-day trombone?
JDGA: In grammar, what would you use a hyphen for?
Xalxe: Who is the current Secretary of State in the United States?
StrangerCoug: Algophobia is the fear of what?
puzzledan: He was born as Declan Patrick McManus. By what name is he better known as?
RedCoyote: Whose law states that work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion?

(expired on 2014-12-28 17:53:00) for all of you to answer. An incorrect answer or no answer at all means the loss of a life.

EDIT: Please post your answers in the thread.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by doctorwho »

In order of when you responded:
StrangerCoug, via PM wrote:
Algae?

Sorry, not right. It's the fear of pain.
Cheery Dog: Nope, nice guess though. The answer was phosphorus.
Xalxe: Yup.
D3f3nd3r: It's one heck of a good guess, you're right.
Save the Dragons:
So close!
The Lesser Antilles.

Remaining questions:
JasonWazza: The Battle of Reval, the Siege of Corfu, and the XYZ Affair. All of them took place in what decade of the 1700s?
DeasVail: Sony Pictures was hacked into earlier this year over the film "The Interview". What was the name of the group that claimed responsibility for the hacking?
SleepyKrew: The "bond plot" and the "casket plot" could be considered summations of the two main plots of which Shakespeare play?
PrivateI: "Call me Ishmael." That's the opening line of which novel by Herman Melville?
Nobody Special: What Baroque era instrument was an early predecessor to the modern-day trombone?
puzzledan: He was born as Declan Patrick McManus. By what name is he better known as?
RedCoyote: Whose law states that work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion?

(expired on 2014-12-28 17:53:00) left for all of you to answer. Please respond in the thread.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by doctorwho »

SleepyKrew: Nope, it's The Merchant of Venice. One life down.
Nobody Special: Yay indeed, you're right.
JasonWazza: You assume correctly.

Remaining questions:

(expired on 2014-12-28 17:53:00) left for all of you to answer. Please respond in the thread.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Not_Mafia: It's in the sequence, but the next number is 32. They're all numbers without the letter E when you spell them out in English.
DeasVail: It's the Guardians of Peace.
puzzledan: Nope. We know him now as Elvis Costello.
JDGA: Good enough for me. There's actually a number of ways you could've answered this one...
Mitillos, via PM wrote:Question is vague. Hyphens are used for hyphenated (i.e. compound) words; numerical ranges; some compound numbers; double names; separating a prefix when there are two identical vowels; and separating a clause - e.g. like this - instead of using parentheses.

Any of those would have done it for this question, and a special thanks to Mitillos for pointing that out.
RedCoyote: Reasonable guess, it's Parkinson's Law.
PrivateI: You got it!

Here's how the board looks after Set 1:

1. imaginality
|||

2. JasonWazza
|||

3. DeasVail
||

4. Cheery Dog
||

5. Not_Mafia
||

6. D3F3nd3r
|||

7. Save the Dragons
||

8. SleepyKrew
||

9. PrivateI
|||

10. Nobody Special
|||

11. JDGA
|||

12. Xalxe
|||

13. StrangerCoug
||

14. puzzledan
||

15. RedCoyote
||

If you've only got two lives next to your name, you
need
this next one to stay in the game.

Set 2 coming...

imaginality: In which novel by Sir Walter Scott does the hero serve with Richard I in the Crusades?
JasonWazza: If you're going to the Mall of America, what U.S. state are you going to?
DeasVail: In 1901, Sir Edmund Barton was elected the first Prime Minister of what country?
Cheery Dog: A proverb for you: "A word to the wise is..." What's the next word?
Not_Mafia: "The Royal Scam", "Aja", and "Katy Lied". What's the connection between the three?
D3F3nd3r: Who created the key concepts of Scientology?
Save the Dragons: In Greek mythology, what name is given to the personification of the spirit of vengeance?
SleepyKrew: We call the top part of a fraction the numerator. What do we call the bottom part?
PrivateI: What is the name of the Test cricket series played between England and Australia?
Nobody Special: Stomatology is the study of diseases affecting what part of the body?
JDGA: What film did animator Richard Williams work on for 28 years before the production was taken from him and finished by a completion bond company?
Xalxe: If you're playing Energy cards and Supporter cards, what trading card game are you playing?
StrangerCoug: In radio terms, what does AM stand for?
puzzledan: Which international airline, founded in 1946, is based in Hong Kong?
RedCoyote: Brimstone is an old-fashioned name for which element?

(expired on 2014-12-29 17:45:00) to answer; please respond in the thread.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by doctorwho »

StrangerCoug: Absolutely, and you're still in the game!
JDGA: At the time, it was called The Thief and the Cobbler. You're still going through to Round 2, though.
Cheery Dog: Oooh, good guess, but that's not it. That last word is "enough." We have to say goodbye to you for now, but you're welcome back next game.
Not_Mafia: They're all names of albums by Steely Dan. It's the end of the line for you for this game, but feel free to come back anytime you like.
Nobody Special: You'd think so, wouldn't you? It's the mouth.
Xalxe: If it's a guess, it's a good one this time 'round. You're going through with all three lives intact.

Remaining questions:
imaginality: In which novel by Sir Walter Scott does the hero serve with Richard I in the Crusades?
JasonWazza: If you're going to the Mall of America, what U.S. state are you going to?
DeasVail: In 1901, Sir Edmund Barton was elected the first Prime Minister of what country?
D3F3nd3r: Who created the key concepts of Scientology?
Save the Dragons: In Greek mythology, what name is given to the personification of the spirit of vengeance?
SleepyKrew: We call the top part of a fraction the numerator. What do we call the bottom part?
PrivateI: What is the name of the Test cricket series played between England and Australia?

doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by doctorwho »

SleepyKrew: Yes!
D3F3nd3r: Bill Gates coming up with Scientology... now there's one weird alternate universe. In this universe, though, it's L. Ron Hubbard.
JasonWazza: That actually sounds like a reasonable place to put the Mall of America, doesn't it? They actually put it in Minnesota.
DeasVail: Well, yeah. It figures that that question went to somebody who lives there, let alone somebody who went to the same high school as him.
Save The Dragons: You can uncross your fingers now, you're right.

As far as what's going on in the posts above me...

Let me just say I'm open to comments, complaints and concerns. I'm trying my best to keep this fair for everybody, but if anyone thinks I'm not, by all means, please
please
feel free to call me out on it.

Back to the leftover questions...

doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #81 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 am

Post by doctorwho »

PrivateI: Don't doubt yourself, you're gonna be holding on to all of your lives going into Round 2. You're right!
imaginality: You had it down to a coin flip, and you called the right side.

Leftovers:

doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Puzzledan: Ryanair is wrong, I'm afraid. It was Cathay Pacific. You're out of the game, but do feel free to try again sometime.

And RedCoyote is out of time and also out of the game, unfortunately; the answer was Sulfur.

So it's four down, eleven to go at the end of round 1. A quick look at how everyone's doing:

1. imaginality
|||

2. JasonWazza
||

3. DeasVail
||

4. Cheery Dog

5. Not_Mafia

6. D3F3nd3r
||

7. Save the Dragons
||

8. SleepyKrew
||

9. PrivateI
|||

10. Nobody Special
||

11. JDGA
||

12. Xalxe
|||

13. StrangerCoug
||

14. puzzledan
15. RedCoyote

Round 2 soon.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #85 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality, you face the first question in round two. Get it wrong, and we'll take away one of your three lives and move down the line to JasonWazza. Get it right, and we can start nominating.

What country always leads the Parade of Nations at the Summer Olympic Games?

(expired on 2014-12-30 19:06:00) to answer.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:02 am

Post by doctorwho »

Greece is right, and over we go to Nobody Special:

What name is given to the diacritic mark used in the French language which changes the sound of a "c" to an "s" sound before a vowel?

(expired on 2014-12-31 09:03:00) to answer.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:58 am

Post by doctorwho »

[ding!]

A number, please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #95 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:13 am

Post by doctorwho »

As long as you keep it moving along, it doesn't matter to me how you nominate someone.

Xalxe: Which pop band whose hits include "Hungry Like the Wolf" and "Union of the Snake" took its name from a character in the 1968 film Barbarella?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #97 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You're right.

SleepyKrew: Beji Caid Essebsi was the winner of the recent presidential elections in what country?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #100 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You were at least on the right continent, it's Tunisia.

Another number please, Xalxe.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #102 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by doctorwho »

StrangerCoug: What popular puzzle was invented by a Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #104 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Absolutely.

JasonWazza: The 2022 World Cup is scheduled to take place in what country?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #106 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:51 am

Post by doctorwho »

It would be Qatar.

JDGA: What Coca-Cola brand originated from difficulties importing Coca-Cola syrup into Nazi Germany?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #108 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 am

Post by doctorwho »

[buzz!]

It was Fanta.

Again please, JasonWazza.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #110 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by doctorwho »

D3F3nd3r: Which British city was known as Lindum Colonia by the Romans?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #112 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You'd think it's London, it's actually Lincoln.

And again, JasonWazza.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #114 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 am

Post by doctorwho »

DeasVail: Frame, ridge, and dome are all common types of what object?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #116 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Tents, those are.

JasonWazza?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #118 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by doctorwho »

StrangerCoug: Before he created Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney collaborated with Ub Iwerks to create what cartoon character?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #120 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by doctorwho »

It's Oswald the
Lucky
Rabbit, but you've got the important part, so you're good.

Who's up next, StrangerCoug?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #122 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by doctorwho »

SleepyKrew: Which branch of science comprises three basic laws governing the relationship between heat and other forms of energy?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #126 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 am

Post by doctorwho »

It's right.

PrivateI: What website refers to itself as "the front page of the internet"?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #130 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Out of time, it's Reddit.

SleepyKrew, again please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #132 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

Post by doctorwho »

A question on the Bible for you now, D3F3nd3r:

The Babylonians called it Etemananki. An account of its construction is given in Genesis. Which building?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I'm afraid not, it's the Tower of Babel. Thank you for playing, though.

And it's back to you, SleepyKrew.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #136 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: Two countries have land borders with the Netherlands. Name them.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #138 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:23 am

Post by doctorwho »

Absolutely right.

PrivateI: "Wrecking Crew" and "Clu Clu Land" were both American launch games for what console?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #139 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 am

Post by doctorwho »

And time again. It was the NES.

imaginality, please?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #141 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Save the Dragons: It was known as Leningrad from 1924 until 1991. What city?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #143 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by doctorwho »

It is.

You're in control now.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #145 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Xalxe: In car mechanics, what does OHV stand for?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #147 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by doctorwho »

We had "Overhead valve" as the answer, but some quick googling tells me that that's right too.

The decision's yours, Xalxe.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #149 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:32 am

Post by doctorwho »

Placing the game on hiatus for a couple of days owing to real life commitments; we'll pick this up on Friday afternoon.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #150 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 am

Post by doctorwho »

Right then, here we go again.

SleepyKrew: "Now is the winter of our discontent" is a line from which Shakespeare play?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #153 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 am

Post by doctorwho »

Yeah, it's Richard III. Thank you for playing, though.

Xalxe, back to you.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #155 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 am

Post by doctorwho »

DeasVail: A wheelwright makes wheels, and a wainwright makes wains. What is a wain?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #156 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

It's a wagon, or we would have accepted a cart. Thank you for playing, DeasVail.

Xalxe?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #158 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:21 am

Post by doctorwho »

PrivateI: How many events are there in a heptathlon?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #159 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

Seven. With three missed deadlines in a row, that's your three lives gone, and that's the end of the line for now, PrivateI.

Xalxe, again please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #161 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:59 am

Post by doctorwho »

JDGA: In which cartoon film would you find the character Sergeant Tibbs?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #163 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You were on the right track at least, it's 101 Dalmatians.

Xalxe, who's your next victim?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #165 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by doctorwho »

StrangerCoug: The name of which musical with lyrics by Tim Rice is also the name of a popular board game?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #167 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Quite different, actually. The musical's name? Chess.

Xalxe, still your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #170 (isolation #52) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: The word 'volar' relates to which parts of the body?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #173 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The palms of the hands or the soles of the feet, either one would've done.

Xalxe?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #175 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:18 am

Post by doctorwho »

JasonWazza: The Landlord's Game is said to be an inspiration for what modern board game?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #176 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:21 am

Post by doctorwho »

Monopoly.

Xalxe?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #179 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: Played in a film by Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, how are the characters Felix Ungar and Oscar Madison better known together?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #181 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The Odd Couple.

Xalxe, still your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #183 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Save The Dragons: In a text or manuscript, what is a lacuna?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #185 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I think that's good enough, it's a blank or missing section.

Xalxe's reign of terror is over, and it's your pick now, Save the Dragons.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #188 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by doctorwho »

JasonWazza: A witness breaching the undertaking in court to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth can be prosecuted for what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #191 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:12 am

Post by doctorwho »

*DING!*

And who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #194 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I'll fire away...

StrangerCoug: Enochlophobia is the fear of what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #196 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 am

Post by doctorwho »

Good guess, but we were looking for crowds. Thank you for playing!

Back to you, JasonWazza.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: Which European city is served by Europe's second busiest airport after Heathrow in London?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #201 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Yes, and who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #203 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*COUGH COUGH*

In post 0, doctorwho wrote:

NOTE: You cannot nominate the same player two questions in a row, nor can you nominate the same player that nominated you immediately after gaining control.

Try again.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #205 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Xalxe: What city is served by Europe's THIRD busiest airport?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #212 (isolation #68) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am

Post by doctorwho »

*DING*

Pick your poison, Xalxe.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #214 (isolation #69) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: Xerophytes are plants that grow in what sort of conditions?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #220 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: What is the reciprocal of 4?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #223 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Xalxe: "The Blue Album" is a nickname for the first album by what alternative rock band?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #225 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Save The Dragons: Sam Malone, Cliff Clavin, and Norm Peterson are all characters from what TV show?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #228 (isolation #73) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*DING*

And who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #233 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: Sb is the symbol of what chemical element?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #235 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Yes, absolutely.

Xalxe: In the game of tennis, when the score is deuce, what is the minimum number of points that must have been played in the game?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #238 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You're right!

JasonWazza: Neil Armstrong, commander of Apollo 11, was the first man on the moon. Who, the commander of Apollo 14, was famously the first man to make a golf shot on the moon?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #242 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: Four of the fifty United States of America refer to themselves officially as a commonwealth. Name any two of them.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #250 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The only inaccuracy in the first post is who's in control. I haven't been bothered to update that since the questions have been going so fast the past few hours.

imaginality: In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, what is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #254 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Xalxe: In what part of the body would you find the vitreous humor?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #256 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: What satirist and songwriter sang of "New Math," "The Elements," and "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park?"
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #258 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by doctorwho »

And that's thirteen correct answers in a row now.

Who are you setting your sights on now?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #261 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 am

Post by doctorwho »

Per YouTube, they brought it back last year, but it's slow as hell now (it's on for an hour now, meaning you have boring cliffhangers like "who will Joanna nominate? Find out... after this!"). The original wins by a long shot. [/rant]

imaginality: Other than romaji, there are three main forms of writing in the Japanese language. Name any two of them.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #263 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:48 am

Post by doctorwho »

Kanji is one of them, but I'm afraid hanji isn't. The other two are hiragana and katakana.

Nobody Special, you're still in control.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #265 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by doctorwho »

JasonWazza: What animal is the main ingredient in the German dish hasenpfeffer?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #267 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Save The Dragons: Finish the quote: "A boy's best friend is..."
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #271 (isolation #86) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:44 am

Post by doctorwho »

It's "his mother." That comes from Psycho, for the record.

JasonWazza, still your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #274 (isolation #87) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: What is measured with a sphygmomanometer?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #276 (isolation #88) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Xalxe: It was reset to 3 minutes to midnight earlier this month in the face of climate change, among other global problems. What is it?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #279 (isolation #89) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Save The Dragons: "Cash Mountain" was the original working title for what game show?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #281 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

It's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, oddly enough.

We still have to eliminate one more person, so Xalxe, it's back to you.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #284 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: The Greeks know this island as Kerkyra. What is it called in English?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #286 (isolation #92) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by doctorwho »

You are correct.

JasonWazza: In horse racing, the Triple Crown consists of three races. Name for me two of them.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #288 (isolation #93) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The American one.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #290 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 am

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special: What was the name of the treaty that ended the Russo-Japanese War?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #292 (isolation #95) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:03 am

Post by doctorwho »

The Treaty of Portsmouth, that was.

And there we go! We're right where we should be, twelve down and three to go. In just a little bit (read: tomorrow hopefully, Saturday at the latest), imaginality, JasonWazza, and Xalxe will be here for the final. Stick around, won't you?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #293 (isolation #96) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Well, here we are. imaginality, JasonWazza, and Xalxe, welcome to the final.

Your lives left over from the last round now form part of your score for this round, at 1 point per life. That means imaginality and JasonWazza start off with one point, while Xalxe starts off with three. We've given you all three brand new lives to start the round.

Questions are worth 10 points each now, and we start off on the buzzers; the first of you to 3 right answers will get the first choice of "question or nominate?".

You know all the rest, I think (and it's on the first page anyways), so let's get on with it.

Question 1/40: What American city did Raymond Chandler describe as having "the personality of a paper cup?"
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #296 (isolation #97) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Los Angeles, that was.

Which ancient title for a Japanese ruler is also the title of a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #299 (isolation #98) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by doctorwho »

We won't, and you're right.

imaginality: 11
|||

JasonWazza: 1
|||

Xalxe: 3
|||

38 questions left

Question 3: The Latin phrase 'cave canem' advises one to what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #301 (isolation #99) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Beware of the dog.

Question 4: In music terms, what does 'piano' mean?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #303 (isolation #100) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:37 am

Post by doctorwho »

Yes!

imaginality: 21
|||

|||

|||

Question 5: Common in supermarket checkouts, by what familiar name is a Universal Product Code (UPC) known?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #306 (isolation #101) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 am

Post by doctorwho »

Right again.

imaginality: 31
|||

|||

|||

And you've broken through the 30 point barrier, so I can ask you now: Question or nominate?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #308 (isolation #102) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:32 am

Post by doctorwho »

Question 6: imaginality: Which mountain system of Mexico has a name that means 'mother range?'
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #310 (isolation #103) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 am

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 41
|||

|||

|||

Question 7: imaginality: In Genesis, on which numerical day did God create man?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #312 (isolation #104) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 51
|||

|||

|||

Question 8: imaginality: A press photogtrapher confined to his room by a broken leg sees a murder committed in a nearby apartment building. That's in which Alfred Hitchcock film starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #314 (isolation #105) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 61
|||

|||

|||

Question 9: imaginality: Which European country has land borders with France, Switzerland, Austria, and Slovenia?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #316 (isolation #106) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 71
|||

|||

|||

Question 10: Xalxe: In Denmark, 100 øre equal 1 what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #317 (isolation #107) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

Hello? Xalxe? Are you there?

The answer was a krone, and imaginality, with 30 questions left, it's back to you.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #319 (isolation #108) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 11: JasonWazza: By what name was Francisco Bahamonde better known in Spain?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #320 (isolation #109) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

*crickets*

The name is Generalisimo Francisco Franco. He's still dead, by the way. (bonus points to whoever gets that reference)

imaginality: 71
|||

||

||

imaginality?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #322 (isolation #110) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 12: imaginality: What word, derived from the Greek for 'nowhere,' is used for an imaginary place of ideal perfection and was the title of a literary work by Sir Thomas More?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #325 (isolation #111) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Yep.

imaginality: 81
|||

||

||

Question 13: imaginality: In 1948, a modern version of which oath was drawn up by the World Medical Association in Geneva?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #328 (isolation #112) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*nods*

imaginality: 91
|||

||

||

Question 14: imaginality: Speleology is the study of what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #330 (isolation #113) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I'd have taken either of them.

imaginality: 101
|||

||

||

Question 15: imaginality: Pennant, oriflamme, and swallowtail are all shapes of what?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #333 (isolation #114) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 111
|||

||

||

Question 16: imaginality: Eleanor Roosevelt was the wife of American president Franklin D. Roosevelt. What was her maiden name?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #335 (isolation #115) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz*

Oddly enough, the answer is Roosevelt. Her uncle was president Theodore Roosevelt.

imaginality: 111
||

||

||

Two lives left apiece as we go back to the buzzers...

Question 17: How many separate tunnels make up the Channel Tunnel?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #337 (isolation #116) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 121
||

||

||

Question 18: Xalxe: We have something for you to look at this time...

...tell me, what does this clothes-care symbol mean?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #338 (isolation #117) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

...EARTH TO XALXE, COME IN XALXE.

It means "do not dry clean."

||

||

|

imaginality, still your decision.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #340 (isolation #118) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 19: JasonWazza: An instrumental version of the song "Handbags and Gladrags" was used as the theme for what BBC show that starred Ricky Gervais?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #342 (isolation #119) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

||

JasonWazza: 11
||

|

Question 20: JasonWazza: "The Republic" was written by which philosopher of ancient Athens?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #344 (isolation #120) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:10 am

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

||

JasonWazza: 21
||

|

Question 21: JasonWazza:
Morning Phase
won the Album of the Year award at last night's Grammys for what American artist?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #346 (isolation #121) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 22: And what other artist claimed that Beck "should've given his award to Beyoncé?"
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #348 (isolation #122) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

||

JasonWazza: 41
||

|

Question 23: What is the name of the tallest building in the world, which is currently found in Dubai?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #350 (isolation #123) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by doctorwho »

That's close enough, I think.

||

JasonWazza: 51
||

|

Question 24: What year's Winter Olympics featured the "Miracle on Ice" that eventually led the United States hockey team to their second gold medal?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #352 (isolation #124) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 25: What American news anchor was recently suspended for six months without pay after exaggerating his role in a helicopter incident in Iraq?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #354 (isolation #125) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Recent, as in "this literally happened in the past few hours." (The suspension, that is; if it helps, the controversy over it has been going for longer.)
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #356 (isolation #126) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Yep, that's the one, on we go...

Question 26: Which of the three husbands of Marilyn Monroe is mentioned in the Simon and Garfunkel song "Mrs. Robinson?"
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #358 (isolation #127) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 27: What racing game was cited by Guinness World Records in 2009 as the Most Influential Video Game in History?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #360 (isolation #128) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Right on both counts.

||

JasonWazza: 91
||

|

Question 28: How many witches make a coven?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #363 (isolation #129) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by doctorwho »

And into three digits you go...

Question 29: Which Spanish word meaning council or board is often used for a military government?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #365 (isolation #130) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 30: Which expression, used in nuclear physics and chemistry, has come to mean any series of rapidly occurring events that precipitate each other?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #366 (isolation #131) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by doctorwho »

...I think that's enough time, don't you? It's a chain reaction.

||

JasonWazza: 111
|

|

Everybody's back in play with this one...

Question 31: Mount Wilson in California, Siding Spring in Australia and Mauna Kea in Hawaii. What’s the scientific connection?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #368 (isolation #132) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 32: The BCG vaccine is used against which disease?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #370 (isolation #133) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz!*

You had it... it was TB.

imaginality: 131
|

|

|

Down to the wire now, and we're back on the buzzers.

Question 33: Of which Mediterranean island is Valletta the capital?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #372 (isolation #134) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

imaginality: 141
|

|

|

Question 34, provided Xalxe is still here: What word describes the underground cemeteries where early Christians were buried in niches in the walls of tunnels?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #373 (isolation #135) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*buzz*

Catacombs.

That's your third life gone, you have to leave us, Xalxe.

imaginality, it's back to you, then. Six questions left, question or nominate?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #375 (isolation #136) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 35: If the key signature for a piece of music has one flat, what major key is the piece in?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #377 (isolation #137) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 36: Have a look at this...

What variation of bowling is being played in this picture?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #380 (isolation #138) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 37: Who wrote the novel Catch-22?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #382 (isolation #139) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by doctorwho »

That's good enough.

Question or nominate?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #384 (isolation #140) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 38: The largest island on the pacific coast of North America shares its name with the largest city in British Columbia. What name?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #387 (isolation #141) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Question 39: Complete the proverb: A journey of a thousand miles must begin with...
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #389 (isolation #142) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by doctorwho »

*ding!*

Question 40: What do the eight red, white and blue stripes on Hawaii’s state flag represent?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #393 (isolation #143) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

(Generally with names, the last name is enough unless there's multiple people in the same area of question with the same last name.)

*ding!*

There you go!

Now
that
was exciting. It really could have been either of you two that ended up the winner there. Here's how it works out in the end: imaginality, you finish with 141 points, a very respectable second place finish. JasonWazza, you've got 171 points, but since you're the leader, we give you an extra 10 points for the life you still have, for a total of 181, well done! And Xalxe... well, I don't know where you are, but I hope you had fun playing.

Final scores:
imaginality: 141
|

JasonWazza: 181
Xalxe

With all that said and done, I'd like to go ahead and start signups for the second game. A reminder here that you can play two games in a row, so everybody from Game 1 can play again if they like.

We have RichardGHP lined up, we need 14 more. Any takers?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #405 (isolation #144) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Bump for anyone interested; we still have three more spots to fill!
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #407 (isolation #145) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I don't like having to bump this, but here I am. The game's 15 to 1, and we have 13 right now - anyone up for one of those last two spots?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #410 (isolation #146) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Just need RichardGHP to confirm, and then we can get this going.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #412 (isolation #147) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Here we are again. There's some familiar faces, which is nice to see, and some new ones, which is also nice to see.

Anyways, there's 15 players and 30 questions waiting in round 1, so let's get on with it, shall we?

1. Ozgin
|||

2. Not_Mafia
|||

3. RichardGHP
|||

4. puzzledan
|||

5. Nobody Special
|||

6. Save the Dragons
|||

7. JDGA
|||

8. ForWhomTheJellyRolls
|||

9. StrangerCoug
|||

10. Blackberry
|||

11. Titus
|||

12. D3f3nd3r
|||

13. Mitillos
|||

14. imaginality
|||

15. JasonWazza
|||

And here come the questions, whatever number you've been assigned is also the number of your question...

1: "Project Reality" was the development codename for what video game console?
2: What was the name of the Russian opposition politician and former Deputy Prime Minister who was fatally shot in Moscow this past week?
3: What chemical compound has the formula NH3?
4: "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun." That's the first line of what book?
5: Complete the proverb: A little knowledge is...
6: Which king of England came to power as a result of the Norman conquest of England?
7: What performer was infamously introduced by John Travolta as Adele Dazeem at the 86th Academy Awards last year?
8: Complete this Winston Churchill quote: "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside..."
9: What animated character famously said "I'm not bad... I'm just drawn that way" in a 1988 film?
10: The New Deal came was a series of domestic programs enacted under which American president?
11: Which website started as a research project called "BackRub?"
12: "Film, TV, and Theater Styles," "Scenes from a Hat," and "Questions Only." What is the connection between the three?
13: What company was known early in its life as Service Games?
14: If you're headed to Disneyland, to which American state are you going?
15: It was announced recently that what country would be allowed to take part as a guest entrant in this year's Eurovision Song Contest?

(expired on 2015-03-02 20:35:00) to respond; failure to do so will cost a life.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #420 (isolation #148) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Not_Mafia: Yes you do!
ForWhomTheJellyRolls: You should be a bit more sure of yourself, that's right!
StrangerCoug: OUCH... you had the right movie in mind, but the wrong character. Jessica Rabbit, that was.
RichardGHP: As well it should!
Nobody Special: And that's exactly how it ends, you're going through no matter what happens with your next question.
JasonWazza: Regardless of what they do, you'll be moving on, because that's right.
JDGA: Tough luck there, but there's still a second set coming. Idina Menzel is the name we wanted.

The remaining questions (see above for who got what numbered question)...

1: "Project Reality" was the development codename for what video game console?
4: "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun." That's the first line of what book?
6: Which king of England came to power as a result of the Norman conquest of England?
10: The New Deal came was a series of domestic programs enacted under which American president?
12: "Film, TV, and Theater Styles," "Scenes from a Hat," and "Questions Only." What is the connection between the three?
13: What company was known early in its life as Service Games?
14: If you're headed to Disneyland, to which American state are you going?

doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #425 (isolation #149) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 am

Post by doctorwho »

D3f3nd3r: More specific, please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #430 (isolation #150) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by doctorwho »

D3f3nd3r:
That's
what we wanted.

And I'll save text and tell the rest of you that responded that you're all right!

Remaining questions (for Save The Dragons, Blackberry, and Titus respectively):

doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #439 (isolation #151) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Aaaand I'm calling time there.

Save the Dragons: William the Conqueror was the name we wanted that time.

As for the other two questions... Franklin D. Roosevelt initiated the New Deal, and "BackRub" eventually became... Google!

Halfway point update:

1. Ozgin
|||

2. Not_Mafia
|||

3. RichardGHP
|||

4. puzzledan
|||

5. Nobody Special
|||

6. Save the Dragons
||

7. JDGA
||

8. ForWhomTheJellyRolls
|||

9. StrangerCoug
||

10. Blackberry
||

11. Titus
||

12. D3f3nd3r
|||

13. Mitillos
|||

14. imaginality
|||

15. JasonWazza
|||

Second set of questions will come Friday night at the latest, it's a pretty hectic week around here.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #440 (isolation #152) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:45 am

Post by doctorwho »

Sorry for the long wait, everybody, questions will be up in the next few hours.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #441 (isolation #153) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by doctorwho »

And here we finally go again...

1: What 19th-century author wrote The Purloined Letter?
2: If you're being invited to 'come on down,' what game show are you a contestant on?
3: William Shatner recently chose not to attend the funeral of which Star Trek costar?
4: What is the last letter of the Greek alphabet?
5: What term used for a settlement smaller than a village is also the name of a Shakespeare tragedy?
6: What current Internet streaming service was offered to Blockbuster for $50 million in 2000?
7: Sn is the chemical symbol for what element?
8: What language currently has the second largest amount of native speakers in the world among all languages?
9: And what language has the third largest amount of native speakers?
10: Who composed the Water Music?
11: What Nintendo character was known as Popopo while their first game was in development, and was the placeholder for an intended protagonist that was ultimately never used?
12: What are the first five digits of pi?
13: In a namesake Shakespeare play, Julius Caesar is told to beware the ides of what month?
14: What website's logo is a globe constructed from jigsaw pieces, with some pieces on the top missing?
15: "Satoshi Nakamoto" was the inventor of what cryptocurrency?

(expired on 2015-03-15 19:55:00) to respond.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #447 (isolation #154) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Not_Mafia: *ding ding ding ding ding!*
Save The Dragons: Would you believe me if I told you that you were right? "Current" is the operative word in the question, back then, of course, they were just mailing out DVDs.
Mitillos: Yes indeed.
D3f3nd3r: It's right either way.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls: Nope, sorry. It's Chinese.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #456 (isolation #155) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 am

Post by doctorwho »

StrangerCoug: It's the one we're speaking now, English.
JDGA: Your memory isn't failing you, that's right!
Blackberry: It's Handel, I'm afraid.
JasonWazza, imaginality, Nobody Special, and RichardGHP are all correct.
puzzledan: It's Omega, but you're still going through.

As for the two unanswered questions,
Edgar Allan Poe
wrote The Purloined Letter, and Popopo eventually became
Kirby

Score update:

1. Ozgin
||

2. Not_Mafia
|||

3. RichardGHP
|||

4. puzzledan
||

5. Nobody Special
|||

6. Save the Dragons
||

7. JDGA
||

8. ForWhomTheJellyRolls
||

9. StrangerCoug

10. Blackberry

11. Titus

12. D3f3nd3r
|||

13. Mitillos
|||

14. imaginality
|||

15. JasonWazza
|||

And so we've lost three of you in the first set this time around. Blackberry and Titus, feel free to try again next game. StrangerCoug, we'll gladly welcome you back in Game 4, should you choose to have another go.

While we're at it, well done to the seven of you who survived our opening salvo unscathed!

Round 2 tomorrow.

ADVANCE WARNING:
I will be V/LA from this Saturday to next Wednesday. This game will probably pause during that time.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #459 (isolation #156) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Sorry folks, just got back from V/LA. Game will resume in a few hours.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #460 (isolation #157) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

Ozgin, by virtue of being at the first position, you face the first question in Round 2. Get it wrong and we'll move down the line to Not_Mafia, get it right and we can start nominating.

Luigi's Mansion was the second game in the Mario series of video games to feature Luigi as the main character. What was the name of the first game that starred Luigi?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #462 (isolation #158) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

Post by doctorwho »

That game
featured
Luigi, but he had to share the spotlight with Mario, Princess Toadstool, and Toad. The first game where he didn't have to share it was named Mario is Missing.

Not_Mafia, a question on medical conditions:

By what name is Otitis externa better known?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #464 (isolation #159) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:46 am

Post by doctorwho »

That would be swimmers' ear.

RichardGHP: In the field of technology, what does USB stand for?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #466 (isolation #160) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by doctorwho »

It is.

Who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #468 (isolation #161) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality: Flight 9525 was the number of a passenger flight that crashed in the French Alps this past week, killing everyone on board. What airline operated the flight?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #470 (isolation #162) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Absolutely.

JDGA: The Great Movie Ride, the central attraction at the Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, was originally intended as the centerpiece of a pavilion at what other Disney theme park?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #472 (isolation #163) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:04 am

Post by doctorwho »

You're in the right region, but it's the park we wanted, not the resort. It was Epcot.

imaginality, still your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #477 (isolation #164) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Happy uber-belated birthday, Not_Mafia. Finally getting back underway here, have a look at this:

The fifth sign of the zodiac is represented by this symbol. The name of the sign, please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #479 (isolation #165) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by doctorwho »

It's Leo.

imaginality, again please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #483 (isolation #166) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by doctorwho »

In mathematics, what number results if you have the number 10^0 (10 to the power of zero)?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #485 (isolation #167) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 am

Post by doctorwho »

1. Actually,
any
number to the power of zero is one.

imaginality?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #487 (isolation #168) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by doctorwho »

JasonWazza:

What was the name of the supercontinent that made up most, if not all, of the earth's land mass during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #489 (isolation #169) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Nobody Special:
Before they started using the euro, what was the official currency of the Netherlands?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #491 (isolation #170) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The Norwegians still use kroner, the Dutch used the guilder.

JasonWazza, your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #494 (isolation #171) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Mitillos: By what name was Tokyo known up to 1868?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #498 (isolation #172) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by doctorwho »

For those of you too lazy to check the first post:

1. Ozgin
|

2. Not_Mafia
|

3. RichardGHP
|||

4. puzzledan
|

5. Nobody Special
||

6. Save the Dragons
||

7. JDGA
|

8. ForWhomTheJellyRolls
||

9. StrangerCoug

10. Blackberry

11. Titus

12. D3f3nd3r
|||

13. Mitillos
|||

14. imaginality
|||

15. JasonWazza
|||

D3f3nd3r: A nonagon has how many sides?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #501 (isolation #173) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by doctorwho »

What webcomic describes itself as "a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language?"
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #503 (isolation #174) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by doctorwho »

It must be.

Who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #506 (isolation #175) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by doctorwho »

JDGA: What is the name of the Star Wars film that is scheduled for release into theaters this December?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #508 (isolation #176) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by doctorwho »

The Force Awakens is what it'll be. Thank you very much for playing, but we have to say goodbye to you here.

RichardGHP, it's still your pick.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #510 (isolation #177) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by doctorwho »

puzzledan: Who was the author of Slaughterhouse Five?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #518 (isolation #178) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Listen:
Sherlock Holmes has come unstuck in time.

...nope, just doesn't have the same ring to it. :P Kurt Vonnegut was the man we wanted.

RichardGHP?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #521 (isolation #179) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by doctorwho »

What now-widely-used Google service was launched on April 1, 2004, proclaiming that it would offer one gigabyte of storage to all of its users?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #525 (isolation #180) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 am

Post by doctorwho »

An earthquake recently killed over 6,000 people in what Asian country?

(I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been busy with real life. The next two weeks aren't going to be much better; we should be back to normal by the middle of May.)
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #527 (isolation #181) » Sat May 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by doctorwho »

I'M ALIVE!

imaginality: Elected in 1991, who was the first President of Russia?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #530 (isolation #182) » Thu May 28, 2015 11:12 am

Post by doctorwho »

ForWhomTheJellyRolls: Who is the current president of FIFA, who said recently that he "cannot be held responsible" after many of the organization's top officials were indicted on corruption charges?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #532 (isolation #183) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:28 am

Post by doctorwho »

Sepp Blatter is his name. That's a life down.

imaginality?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #535 (isolation #184) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:34 am

Post by doctorwho »

Ozgin: What theme park was recently announced to have retained its title as the most visited theme park in the world, with over 19 million visitors last year?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #537 (isolation #185) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

Post by doctorwho »

I think I was accidentally going for a 24 year time limit on that one. :oops:

It's Magic Kingdom, and imaginality, it's your pick still.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #539 (isolation #186) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Not_Mafia: Stephen Sondheim wrote the lyrics for what musical inspired by Romeo and Juliet?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #541 (isolation #187) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:56 am

Post by doctorwho »

That would be the one. Who's your target?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #543 (isolation #188) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:08 am

Post by doctorwho »

Mitillos: What two countries competed in this year's FIFA Women's World Cup final?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #545 (isolation #189) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:34 am

Post by doctorwho »

Physics for you, Richard:

Of the seven colors of the visible spectrum identified by Sir Isaac Newton, which has the shortest wavelength?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #547 (isolation #190) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

Post by doctorwho »

Violet.

Mitillos, the power remains in your hands.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #549 (isolation #191) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:55 am

Post by doctorwho »

JasonWazza: A sequel will be released this week to Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird." The name of the sequel, please.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #551 (isolation #192) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:24 am

Post by doctorwho »

Save the Dragons: Who killed Cleopatra in the year 30 B.C.?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #553 (isolation #193) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 am

Post by doctorwho »

Sort of a trick question there, sorry. It was a suicide - she killed herself.

JasonWazza?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #556 (isolation #194) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:28 am

Post by doctorwho »

And we have some Shakespeare for you, ForWhomTheJellyRolls...

Discretion is the better part of valor*, or, as Shakespeare wrote it, "the better part of valor* is discretion." In which play?

*valo
u
r if you prefer that.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #558 (isolation #195) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:36 am

Post by doctorwho »

Henry IV.

And with another player down, it's back to JasonWazza.
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #560 (isolation #196) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Not_Mafia: What were the names of the two bombs dropped upon Japanese cities Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the final days of World War II?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #563 (isolation #197) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by doctorwho »

imaginality:

Who wrote the screenplays for all five of the "Rocky" films?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #565 (isolation #198) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by doctorwho »

Sylvester Stallone, who of course starred in the films.

Not_Mafia?
doctorwho
doctorwho
Watcher
doctorwho
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #569 (isolation #199) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by doctorwho »

D3f3nd3r: What is ghee?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”