Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by bji »

My apologies if this has been mentioned before. I did not read all 22 pages of this topic to see if it had.

I am a complete newbie in my first game. One thing that has been discussed is the "meta" of some players, that is to say, their known play tendencies (to other players who have played with them before, or have gone and looked up their prior games and read up on them).

I find this concept really counter to the spirit of the game. I would expect that information about how a player played in previous games should ideally not be knowable in future games. This is for two reasons: a) it doesn't put everyone on equal footing at the outset of the game. Some players will know each other and how they play. Others will not have this same information. And b) it leads to players trying to establish a certain meta which would unnaturally affect their play in the current game (i.e. being brash all of the time because that's the meta they're trying to establish). This could make for suboptimal game play in a current game in order to try to have better success in future games due to that established meta.

What I think would be ideal is if the site could assign random names and pictures to each player at the outset of the game. And for there to be a rule that players are not allowed to reveal their actual identity or their identity as it was known in any prior game, in the current game. Then at the end of the game everyone's "true names" (i.e. true login names) would be revealed.

Maybe some players like to play with meta, and so maybe this could just be a game mode that you could choose to play in if you wanted to.

The alternative is for players to create new accounts every time they want to play a new game, which seems wasteful of time and resources.

Thanks for listening!

EDIT: Oh sorry I just realized that this is in the wrong forum. I had misread the title and thought that this thread was all about "Ideas, Suggestions and Comments" for the site itself. Is there a better forum in which to have made my suggestion? If so please let me know and/or just move this post there. Thank you and sorry about that!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”