Mafia RVS Patterns

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I hope the conclusion to this isn't that mafia won't vote each other in RVS.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3, Aronis wrote:
In post 2, Zachrulez wrote:I hope the conclusion to this isn't that mafia won't vote each other in RVS.

It would be foolish to base any reads or anything off of this and I only checked 20 or so games, I'm sure it's happened sometime. I just found it rather interesting that it appears to happen so infrequently.

I mean I could go through 20 of my own games and come up with the opposite trends I'm sure.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I wish I would have bothered to figure out how to hyperlink my completed games in the wiki. It would make it so much easier to go back and see how many games I can find where scum voted scum in RVS.

In post 9, Psyche wrote:are you really sure

Going through some of my older newbie games, I'm going to say no based on what I'm seeing so far. I don't think I've ever kept track of how likely they are to do anything based on past games, more so at the why.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 11, Aronis wrote:
In post 8, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 3, Aronis wrote:
In post 2, Zachrulez wrote:I hope the conclusion to this isn't that mafia won't vote each other in RVS.

It would be foolish to base any reads or anything off of this and I only checked 20 or so games, I'm sure it's happened sometime. I just found it rather interesting that it appears to happen so infrequently.

I mean I could go through 20 of my own games and come up with the opposite trends I'm sure.

Be my guest, I'd bet an infinite amount of money you wouldn't. Like unless you specifically hunt for those games, that's not going to happen. The odds of people voting town are 5/6 of the time to begin with, so that would actually be even more noteworthy if scum always voted scum.

I've played 80+ games, so if there's enough scum voting scum in those 80, I could probably produce 20 games that would skew it at least.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Regardless of what point is true, I think if it ever becomes a serious in game point on a regular basis, you'll see the frequency of scum voting scum in RVS go up.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”