Mini 1642: The Burning (GAME OVER FLAMES HAVE ENGULFED TOWN)

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 222, Formerfish wrote:
@Boon- Im pretty sure you have your reads backwards. Monkey is the scum and VDA is the guy who is tilting at windmills.

*snip*

What in the blue fuck is page 9?
-
Boon, VDA is town Monkey is scum.
And what do you mean that you are changing your rvs vote? I don’t see VDAs post as fluff, so I would request that you explain exactly what you are describing here. And I don’t think their interactions points to VDA scum here. Im just not following you here.

The way FormerFish asserts this, multiple times, feels...Awkward. It's like he's trying to grab Boon by the shoulders and shout at him, "I know that Monkey is scum". Idk, someone else read this whole post and tell me if I'm imagining this plz.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1498, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1497, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
pie wrote:
In post 1426, MonkeyMan576 wrote:It's possible, of course. But the way Elbirn and pie are refusing to attack each other, despite the obvious questionable behavior to everyone else, just leads to a certain picture. Plus Elbirn/pie fits with Fish more than eektor.

funny that you say this, but when I ask about what "questionable behavior" is coming from Elbirn, you don't actually answer the question.

The fact that he rarely interacted with Fish, and now he's rarely confronting you, despite the fact that he seems to be a very opinionated and well spoken person in general.
To me it seems scum are going out of their way to avoid each other in this game
, of course, in doing so it only makes it more obvious who is scum, because the rest of the town seems to be fairly on the same page.

*opens Monkeys ISO*
*Searches "Boon"*
*18 instances*

Tell me what you think of Boon, monkey.

Oh, other gems from my brief search of the Monkey ISO.

In post 45, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 44, Formerfish wrote:
In post 12, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I hate the RVS so I'm not going to vote.

In post 13, Boonskiies wrote:Don't wanna vote your scum buddy as a joke and have it come back to haunt you?

In post 14, MonkeyMan576 wrote:lol yep you got it.

What if this is just really cheeky scum telling the truth?

Is rvs something you always avoid participating in?

no, I'm not scum. No, I don't always avoid it, but it becomes more apparent it is useless every game I play in.

If you'll look to your left, you'll see Team-Scum having a tea-party.

In post 640, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Town:
Monkeyman576
RadiantCowbells(innocent child)
Elbirn

Formerfish

Cheetory6
Boonskies

Null:

Futan
Toon Fighter
eektor
SiX
acryon

Scum
VictorDeAngelo
copper223

And on your right, the worlds crappiest reads list. And hey, look who's in the "Town-read" pile! Hmmmmm.

Tries to prove a point but fails to show himself. Funny.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1500, Elbirn wrote:
In post 222, Formerfish wrote:
@Boon- Im pretty sure you have your reads backwards. Monkey is the scum and VDA is the guy who is tilting at windmills.

*snip*

What in the blue fuck is page 9?
-
Boon, VDA is town Monkey is scum.
And what do you mean that you are changing your rvs vote? I don’t see VDAs post as fluff, so I would request that you explain exactly what you are describing here. And I don’t think their interactions points to VDA scum here. Im just not following you here.

The way FormerFish asserts this, multiple times, feels...Awkward. It's like he's trying to grab Boon by the shoulders and shout at him, "I know that Monkey is scum". Idk, someone else read this whole post and tell me if I'm imagining this plz.

If that's the logic you're going with, then that should put me at the top of your town list. If I was scum with Monkey, why would I need FF to convince me that Monkey is scum? It doesn't make sense.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Actually, keep saying stuff Elbirn. I think you are defending me better than I am myself.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by Elbirn »

@1501: oooo ya got me :roll:

@1502: I don't think he's trying to convince town-you, I think he's telling scum-you "I know who you guys are".
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

who's scum if Monkey flips town, elbirn?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

How about we save Boon vs Elbirn until tomorrow, and lynch Pie? Yeah? Yeah.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I would agree to a Pie wagon, but I'd prefer we not dick around and just go ahead with plan A.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

welp, tell pie/cheetory that.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

1. We've gone over this, monkey town = eektor scum by PoE.

2. I don't negotiate with terrorists.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Elbirn
, so you think scum is sitting in Monkey/Eektor/Boon? Can you talk to me about why Pie is a townread for you?

I want an acryon replacement before we go into night cycle. Please nobody be dumb and force a hammer before that. A fresh perspective from an almost certainly townslot will probably help.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1510, Cheetory6 wrote:
@Elbirn
, so you think scum is sitting in Monkey/Eektor/Boon? Can you talk to me about why Pie is a townread for you?

I want an acryon replacement before we go into night cycle. Please nobody be dumb and force a hammer before that. A fresh perspective from an almost certainly townslot will probably help.

Can I just save us all time and link her ISO?

Seriously she's one of the few people in this game who actually makes any damn sense. I like her analysis, I like her thought process, it all reads as genuine to me. Go read , , & . Tell me that isn't a damn townie entrance. I don't agree with 100% of it, but it seems to me that she's been trying to game-solve this whole time, and if scum can fake it that well, then congratulations Team-Scum, ya got me. It's also interesting how many townreads she threw out there, and thoroughly explained WHY. I don't see scum being that generous with townreads, nor do I see them giving an in depth explanation for every single one. Her stances on several players in particular, I felt, went against the grain; Monkeyman, Boon, and myself being townread at this stage I found to be notable, considering many were against us, particularly Monkey and myself.

In the rereading I did for this post, I had an initial worry about her stance on FF, she threw out a townread for him and when I prodded her about it her answer was very brief... and then I remembered; FF was the traitor, so *Team-Scum didn't know he was with them*. And that's it, that's the only scummy thing I could see.

I'm also a big fan of the fact that she pushes people and has actual arguments/discussions with people instead of making commentary and vaguely sniping like everyone else. And her frustration with Eektor/Boon reads genuine to me. All of this, imo, is coming from town. Add the fact that the only people who really seem to be pushing Pie/Elbirn = Team Scum (aside from RC) are my scumreads? Nah.

I've just finished reading her whole ISO. I see no scum here. If anyone wants to come up with a case against her, instead of just saying "lul Pie is scum" with ZERO fucking reasoning behind it, I will consider that case. I am willing to consider the possibility that I am wrong, I mean fuck I'm wrong all the time. But considering I've yet to hear a decent reason for her being scum, from anyone? Until that changes, there is absolutely no chance I'm voting her today.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

pie wrote:
In post 1426, MonkeyMan576 wrote:It's possible, of course. But the way Elbirn and pie are refusing to attack each other, despite the obvious questionable behavior to everyone else, just leads to a certain picture. Plus Elbirn/pie fits with Fish more than eektor.

funny that you say this, but when I ask about what "questionable behavior" is coming from Elbirn, you don't actually answer the question.

The fact that he rarely interacted with Fish, and now he's rarely confronting you, despite the fact that he seems to be a very opinionated and well spoken person in general.
, of course, in doing so it only makes it more obvious who is scum, because the rest of the town seems to be fairly on the same page.

*opens Monkeys ISO*
*Searches "Boon"*
*18 instances*

Maybe I wasn't totally clear that this was a question here, but I really do want an answer to this, and I'm kinda tired of feeling like all of my questions are ignored.

Monkeyman, I want to know what you think of Boon and why.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:20 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1493, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1483, eektor wrote:@Elbirn You say one of your main scum reads in Monkey. Why do you think FF being a traitor would bus Monkey hard throughout the whole game if Monkey was scum?

I could see FF pushing on Scum-Monkey for a couple of reasons. Starting the push, that strong, that early, with little evidence? It's almost tongue in cheek. "Hey team-scum, I know who you arrreee notice me senpaii~~". It's an attention getter. If the lynch ever went through, +towncred for FF. If we accept the probability that NK'ing FF = "recruited" into team scum, getting towncred would be a good first step towards getting NK'd. Furthermore, if the lynch didn't go through and Monkey lived (which, obviously, happened) he's set up his partner with some nice WIFOM.

So, you're saying the main reason you suspect Monkey is scum is because FF was trying to get scum's attention so he could be killed or recruited at night?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1513, eektor wrote:
In post 1493, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1483, eektor wrote:@Elbirn You say one of your main scum reads in Monkey. Why do you think FF being a traitor would bus Monkey hard throughout the whole game if Monkey was scum?

I could see FF pushing on Scum-Monkey for a couple of reasons. Starting the push, that strong, that early, with little evidence? It's almost tongue in cheek. "Hey team-scum, I know who you arrreee notice me senpaii~~". It's an attention getter. If the lynch ever went through, +towncred for FF. If we accept the probability that NK'ing FF = "recruited" into team scum, getting towncred would be a good first step towards getting NK'd. Furthermore, if the lynch didn't go through and Monkey lived (which, obviously, happened) he's set up his partner with some nice WIFOM.

So, you're saying the main reason you suspect Monkey is scum is because FF was trying to get scum's attention so he could be killed or recruited at night?

...Well that's one way to misinterpret what I said. :| You asked me why FF traitor would bus Monkey, not "Why do you suspect Monkey". Is the association with FF a factor? Certainly. It is not my sole reasoning however.

So why else do I think Monkey is scum? Again, can I just link the ISO? Read it. Just read it. Clear association with FF, lack of content, vague and fallacious sniping instead of a coherent case. Even when he thinks someone is scum, he doesn't push it. So far this game he's defended himself from FF, made pointless commentary and voted on whatever the leading wagon was. And that's it. So far today all he's done is say "Pie and Elbirn are scum" on repeat, with zero backing evidence. It's crap. It's all crap.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1512, Elbirn wrote:
pie wrote:

*opens Monkeys ISO*
*Searches "Boon"*
*18 instances*

Maybe I wasn't totally clear that this was a question here, but I really do want an answer to this, and I'm kinda tired of feeling like all of my questions are ignored.

Monkeyman, I want to know what you think of Boon and why.

I think he's town. He seems appropriately suspicious of everyone and I can see his thought process flowing with the game rather than having a predetermined motivation.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Beaten by a little girl... HA!
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Elbirn Elbirn he's our man! If we can't lynch him no one can!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1516, RadiantCowbells wrote:Beaten by a little girl... HA!

Riveting commentary. very helpful.

Why don't you do something fucking useful for a change instead of baiting me into flipping out on you?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I mean, what you've been doing isn't useful really either. We're at a dead stalemate in our game, and really can't do much else to try and push either of our cases. It's why I'm getting so frustrated. We all know you're scum, you just don't accept the reasons for why we think you're scum and it frustrates you.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

@Cheetory and Acryon - What would it take for you to change your vote? Do you think that Elbirn is town?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Acryon is replacing.
Willing to wait for replacement before I even consider hammering.
Boon still needs to give me concise points on Elbirn, but as of right now I think Boon is more likely to flip scum than Elbirn.
I honestly don't really know right now. My reads feel a lot less strong than I'd like them to be and I feel burnt out atm.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1519, Boonskiies wrote:I mean, what you've been doing isn't useful really either. We're at a dead stalemate in our game, and really can't do much else to try and push either of our cases. It's why I'm getting so frustrated. We all know you're scum, you just don't accept the reasons for why we think you're scum and it frustrates you.

Or, you know, maybe I'm town and I'm frustrated with the fact that all of this games Village Idiots (plus Eektor) are wagoning me based on reasons that have yet to be explained. And that they're going to win by just shouting "Elbirn is scum" over and over again until everyone believes it. And that my mislynch is almost certainly gg.

I'd also like to know how what I'm doing isn't useful, because frankly I feel like I've put more into this game than everyone voting me combined. Please, enlighten me. Because right now this just sounds like you vaguely trying to discredit me, again while asserting that I am scum with nothing backing it.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1506, Boonskiies wrote:How about we save Boon vs Elbirn until tomorrow, and lynch Pie? Yeah? Yeah.

You know, rereading this, this is kinda shitty. Deflecting attention off of our 1v1 in hopes that we'll compromise on someone else, even though I'm clearly your strongest scumread, and you only think Pie is scum in relation to me? Very survivalist. Very...Not coming from a town's thought process.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Boon I want to know your read on Monkey and why.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”