Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

The "Best Town" Award

Disclaimer: I haven't read through 22 pages so if this has already been discussed, please just point me to the specific page where discussion commenced.

I feel that overall, it doesn't make sense as an award category because unlike "Best scumteam," the individual performances of the players in the town matter very little. For instance someone could be having a below-average game and yet the town that they are in wins the award and everyone in it gets a scummy.

This causes:

Devaluation of the scummy: The scummy is a valuable award and a source of pride for the holder and the community. When you award it to a whole group of people without even considering their individual effort, it could lead to undeserving recipients receiving the award. The other recipients of other awards would be on the same level as the "Best Town" category for the purposes of Scummies Invitationals etc. This leads to a lowering of value of what having a scummy means and turns it from something to be earned to something that can be had purely due to the luck of the draw. Also, the choices this year for "Best Town" were very, very limited.

== Counterplan ==

I propose awarding an individual award for best performance in a town victory. This would be distinct from the Best Mafia Catcher award as the latter is a Body-of-Work award while my proposal involves someone who performed best in a town win. It essentially means we have a "Best town" category. And in the category, after the best town win has been selected, the judges then select one person who was most instrumental in the win to be given that award.

Thoughts?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 549, Psyche wrote:not distinct enough

And of eliminating it without a replacement?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”