2015 Open Setup Design Contest - Winners!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Wake1 »

Looks like I'm too late, and it seems a variation of my large elemental idea is up for voting.

Based on that game, I take it you can have more than two Mafia factions in Large Open games?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 87, BBmolla wrote:I'd never put more than two mafia factions in a game unless it was somehow part of the gimmick.

I understand that if there were three Scum factions the game could swing easily due to the NKs. If there were checks and balances put in place, it could remedy the problem to some degree. In a Fire & Ice variant I once modded, the factions were not able to kill one another, and there were elementally-bulletproof modifiers placed on some Townies. This allowed the Scums to narrow their targets to being either enemy Scum or a threatening Townie. A Fire & Ice & Lightening game would incorporate similar elements. The deaths would be generically flavored, too. 15:2:2:2 is what I have in mind, tentatively, since giving the factions three members each seems way too powerful. Then again, 15:2:2:2 may be too Town-sided. 12:3:3:3 could be interesting if scum could simply kill enemy scum. Rough ideas here.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Mafia Discussion”