Newbie Setup (Matrix6 implemented)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #817 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Bump.

I think change in current newbie setup is needed because I think the current setup punishes scum too hard for losing one member (excluding the inevitable numerical disadvantage).

Tracker/Doctor: scum gets lynched, the other scum basically can't kill otherwise it creates confirmed town or high risk getting caught. And if tracker tracks doctor while both alive, one scum dead means scum autolose. (Tracker claims cop, absorbs nightkill, scum autolose).
Jailkeeper/Goon: same as above, except for the autolose.
Cop/Doctor: If roleblocker is lynched D1, scum is bascially screwed and one wrong nightkill can cause scum to autolose.

All of the 6 setups available, there is no setup where town losing a PR can cause town in high disadvantage nor causing to autolose, but at least 3 of the setups can put scum in high disadvantage with one screw-up and potentially autolose.

As a newbie setup, where newbscums are liable to a lot of mistakes, scums shouldn't be screwed over by a setup with little mistakes.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #822 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 820, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Bodyguards inherently work weird in Opens/semi-Opens because of the Named Townie effect.

GIF, every one of those scenarios can be avoided by the scum claiming Doctor and getting counterclaimed before getting lynched. I realize you can't always expect of newbiescum but let's not exaggerate the problems. You could make a similar point about the Jailkeeper/BP/Mafia RB set-up as you did about the Cop/Doc/RB set-up and yet the statistics suggest the former set-up is the most scum-sided of the six set-ups.

I also don't think particularly think this is an issue that can be avoided in Newbie games (we've generally had cop/doc/mafia RB, 2of3 had the dreadful Jailkeeper+Doctor set-up). But I've also told Mina previously that I'm willing to help trying to design a better set-up if she sets up a PT with some other smart set-up designers.

I'm not saying that it has a general balance Issue but rather how it punishes scum too hard for losing a member. Also in this setup if scum claims doctor town doctor should counterclaim with "BP/doc" not just "doc".
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Mafia Discussion”