Newbie Setup (Matrix6 implemented)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

bodyguard is (in my opinion) a shit role and shouldn't be used ever, let alone in newbie setups

and regardless of what you think about the role, in an introductory setup, it is better to use the most straightforward protective role aka doctor as opposed to a lesser-used more-complicated protective role

essentially, I agree there are scenarios where the game can be unbalanced, but that kind of thing happens in every game. this is moreso the case in any 9p/micro game. the reason I like the current setup is because it provides a fair amount of variety, while still making use of a lot of the more common roles and not having anything be too completely unbalanced from the get go. if you flip this around (the game that I'm certain spawned this was the JK vs 2 goons setup) and, for example, the JK gets killed on N1, you could argue that the setup punishes town for.... what in a lot of cases can come entirely down to luck.... because they have absolutely no town power remaining nor any means of countering a potential fake claim (which scum would know is possible since they only have 2 goons).

Return to “Mafia Discussion”