saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1396, Titus wrote:the problem is the facts are the facts... :S So I'm not sure why people are implying some ego contest when I just try to repeatedly explain that the same thing has worked before and repeatedly so...

I had a very reliable scumtell. If someone was posting multiple places onsite, including other game threads, and not in the game thread I was playing, they were scum. Invariably. Every. Single. Time.

Until this one time, when they weren't.

So repeating it and repeating it comes off as obnoxious. This doesn't: "This has always worked for me before. Always. I'm not guaranteeing it will work again, but as we're approaching deadline and have lynches to burn, can we compromise on this and give it a chance?" And then you look for other things to bolster your claim.

That's my $.02
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1416, Titus wrote:
In post 1412, kuribo wrote:Titus just hasn't played against a scum that's skilled with manipulating VCAs yet

Like in Gay Mafia where the scum team voted the entire game as a single block because who the hell would actually do that?

Ah gay mafia, one regret against many

Damn, woulda loved that game for a test.

Test against it now. Your VCA argument is that it's objective, so theoretically if it's 100% accurate, it should be applicable to any past game.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1458, fferyllt wrote:Before this game fades down the page of my bookmarks, I want to say how much I enjoyed my posting restriction. My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last summer. he was a huge fan of college football and was uncritically devoted to his alma mater. For as long as I can remember, he and my mom put on a small football party for family and an occasional friend every Saturday from the first preseason game to the final bowl game. This year was no different. he watched every game he could and didn't miss a single of his alma mater's games throughout last fall. he passed away two days before the biggest game of the season (Iron Bowl).

Anyway, when I first saw my restriction I thought I might feel down during this game, but it actually had the opposite effect - it brought me back to earlier and happier years, and reminded me how much he enjoyed the 2014 season during a time when he was mostly not enjoying life at all.

What a touching story. I'm so glad you drew that restriction instead of another one. OMG.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”