Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Signups (Full, /in to replace)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Signups (Full, /in to replace)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MAFIA

A ChannelDelibird & Nexus production for 21 players

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. They look - and feel - human. Some are programmed to think they are human. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

Moderators: Nexus and ChannelDelibird
Reviewer: Faraday (plus limited consultant Xdaamno)

The Cylons have already destroyed most of humanity, but there is still a chance to save what's left of our species. If the Galactica and her ragtag collection of civilian ships can root out the machines living among their crews and find a way to reach Earth, all while battling sleep deprivation, food shortages and the unforgiving vacuum of deep space, maybe we can hope for an end to our suffering ... but anyone could be a Cylon. They might not even know.

This game is based upon the 2003 Ronald D. Moore/David Eick reimagining of Battlestar Galactica, which you should watch if you haven't. Flavour knowledge is not required to play and win this game - and you should not necessarily assume that Cylons in the show are Cylons in this game, for example, and vice versa for humans - but it may prove helpful, and should almost certainly enhance your enjoyment.

This game has one bastard mechanic: One player will switch sides.
Exactly one player will be told at the start of the game that they are human only to later discover, through circumstances yet to be revealed, that they are in fact the Cylon Sleeper Agent with a scum win con. The Cylon Sleeper Agent would flip as such on death even if they had not yet discovered their own true nature.
This is the only element of the game that would return a 'Yes' answer to Question 11 of the Large Theme moderator application form.

Players

1. Bookitty (pre-/in)
2. Porochaz
3. sangres
Albert B. Rampage

4. THE WRONG LYNCH (goodmorning/Wrong Song hydra)
5. Andrius
6. ValiliaRei
7. Tammy
8. ooba
9. PeaceBringer
10. Lady Lambdadelta
11. BROseidon
12. AngryPidgeon
13. Nero Cain
14. Toogeloo
15. Brian Skies
16. SnowStorm
17. NotAnAxehole
18. Nikanor
19. curiouskarmadog
20. RIP
21. Mantisdreamz

/replace

1. PeregrineV
2. elusive
3. Rune
4. mastin2

Hydra policy:
Both of us would prefer individual signups to hydras but, if it's a choice between a full game including hydras and an empty game not including them, we'll take the former. For the time being, we'll set an admittedly arbitrary limit of two hydras.

Spoiler: Rules
Game Rules:

Rule 0: Don't be a dick.
- If you are being a dick, you run the risk of force-replacement or modkill. You may or may not be warned.

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks maximum.
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PMs from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

Voting/Player Actions:

- All votes must be in bold format: vote: Nexus for example.
- Try to unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.
- Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game,that's fine by me.
- You may vote No Lynch.
- Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night. No other time.

Activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 48 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- Similarly, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:

-
Blue is my colour. Please don't use it.

- Confirm by how your Role PM tells you to once you are ready to play.
- Do not edit your posts.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography.
- The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If there is a hydra in the game, you must not post in your normal account. Doing so and then not quoting it as a hydra will invite a warning. Excessive failure to post as a hydra and not quoting it will result in force-replacement.
- There are to be no avatar, sig or any other kind of bets placed within the game. Similarly if you bring outside influences into the game, e.g. "I'll do x to y if I'm z" then you will be force replaced or modkilled.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
Last edited by Battlestar Galactica on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 14 times in total.
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 am

In post 31, AngryPidgeon wrote:Do the mafia get to know who the hidden traitor is or is it a secret to everyone?

This is us not answering that question.

Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

That's 21! Thank you for signing up! We'll set up the game thread and send out role PMs over the course of today. So say we all.

Return to “Completed Signups”