No Lynching at Evens

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

When should a no lynch occur at even numbers?

50%
66%
50% + 1
34%

Total votes: 35

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

No Lynching at Evens

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Should a No Lynch at even numbers happen at 50% or 50% + 1? (E.G In 8p Mylo shoyld a no lynch occur at 4 or 5 votes?)
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 7, Zachrulez wrote:The only argument I've ever seen for 50% no lynch is that requiring 50% + 1 slows the game down, but you could use the same argument to argue for a 50% threshold for lynches.

I think there's some fascination with having the threshold be different for a no lynch. I've always had the same threshold for both a lynch and a no lynch.

It slows the game down purely because those same half of players can just sit out the deadline and not lynch anyone, so the argument doesn't apply to lynches
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What usually happens is one player eventually gets fed up and votes no lynch. Or one tunneling player refuses to switch and a no lynch wagon collapses when it was likely the optimal play

It's apathy inducing at best and competely pointless
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 17, Zachrulez wrote:It's up to the players to make it happen, and that's a stance I doubt I'm ever going to change.

It's also not the mod's job to prevent 'pointless apathy' from occurring.

It's not a mod's job to have a rule encouraging it. If half of the players don't want a lynch, a lynch cannot happen, this is the default, not 50%+1.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 25, Zachrulez wrote:No one else can form a majority when a lynch suspect reaches 50% of the vote by that logic.

And that's when a no lynch occurs. When 50% of people want to lynch Zachrulez, there is an alternative that can happen, when 50% of people don't want to lynch at all, there is no alternative. They're entirely different.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The hammer at 50%+1 argument is silly. It makes an ASSUMPTION that the players voting for Zachrulez will always vote for Zachrulez and won't change their mind. That is a terrible assumption.

Your argument just doesn't mean anything
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

They are different and so are treated differently, it's not one being treated specially.

In post 27, Not_Mafia wrote:When 50% of people want to lynch Zachrulez, there is an alternative that can happen, when 50% of people don't want to lynch at all, there is no alternative. They're entirely different.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”