Alt accounts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 58, xRECKONERx wrote:Still here to say the fact that mods can look up player alts in games and play with that knowledge over non-mods is really bullshit

Can a game mod do that?

I know if you have game experience requirements you may want to know a main account so that you know an alt is qualified, but that requires the alt to reveal. As far as I know a mod doesn't have any kind of special power to actually look that up.

If a game doesn't have an experience requirement, a mod should not be asking for alt identities period.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 74, zoraster wrote:Game mods cannot do so unless they had that information revealed to them by the player. Listmods can (as well as Discussion Mods). They shouldn't be doing that to specifically gain an advantage in the game and should replace out if they did do that, but checking people's alts is something that is absolutely necessary to performing the duties of those jobs. I know lots of people's alt account identities just from the course of my job as an admin and my past one as a listmod. It's possible in the future I'll end up in a game with an unknown alt. That's potentially unfair, but in an environment with secret alts, that's how it has to be.

Consider that some people know the identities to secret alts while others don't. Let's say in scum chat the secret alt mentions it off-hand. In a future game, the secret alt is in it with the person who knows the secret alt's identity. Should that person be forced to leave the game? Should he or she reveal the information to everyone? It's certainly not a level playing field.

It's kind of a dicey issue because it is a necessary power to be able to check this kind of thing. I think anyone playing on the admin side should be outright banned from using metagaming arguments that connect a main to an alt if the only reason they know is because they have the administrative power too. If the alt slipped, then it's fair game.

That seems like the closest thing to fair to me?

In post 78, Astinus wrote:So let me get this straight: a main account and their alt CANNOT play in the same game together, right? As that would be one person taking up two spots in a particular game?

(I haven't done this, but the thought crossed my mind and I was pretty sure it's against the rules. However, I wanted to confirm for sure.)

Absolutely not. Having two accounts in the same game is blatantly cheating.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”