Mini 1665: Papers, Please Mafia (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.08Otolia (5) - xRECKONERx, Cheetory6, Untrod Tripod, Dinare, PeaceBringer
Kop (2) - Wrong Song, hitogoroshi
Untrod Tripod (2) - GuyInFreezer, Quilford
Cheetory6 (1) - Kop
Dinare (1) - Otolia
Quilford (1) - elusive
Wrong Song (1) - ChaosOmega

Not Voting (0)

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, May 7, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-07 23:30:00).
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Otolia: You said, specifically, that Dinare's vote was relevant and hito's didn't matter. I assumed you complaining about being attacked for inactivity was part of that. I don't believe hito voted you for inactivity -- he voted you because he found your lack of a RVS vote disturbing, from what I read. Why, then, is Dinare's vote any worse or more egregious than anyone else's?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 79, PeaceBringer wrote:I thought I voted quilford
VOTE: vote quilford

oh hey, I found your original vote, PeaceBringer!

Wanna explain how I'm supposed to glean any information about what interactions you disliked from an empty vote?
green shirt thursdays
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Kop »

In post 142, hitogoroshi wrote:I don't want to quote it because it's a big blocky post, but I don't like Ot's 103. He's just sniping down every vote on him without really going in to alignment:

Otolia wrote: Now you have to make the decision if I'm more useless to town than these 3 or not. I'm not going to be brazen but I think I did more than at least one of them. It's too easy to pile up on the guy that is voluntarily dismissive and provocative ... which makes Quilford even townies in my eyes.

I'm not judging on who's more or less useful, I'm trying to find scum. Otalia is totally focused on justifiability (i.e, "This is why your case on me should not apply") and didn't answer the question about alignment.

I want to like Dinare's Otalia vote but this sentence seems really off to me:

Dinare wrote:Actually, even though I'm rather apprehensive about putting somebody at L-2 a mere 3 days into the game, Quilford has been stonewalling me, but.... I currently don't think he's scum, I think it's just that I don't like his play style....

Cheetory is probably town.

Peacebringer's votes are weird but I see UT is already on it.

In post 117, Kop wrote:Cheetory6 has done nothing, his three posts were votes for different users, with very little input.

Your vote FOR Cheetory was a vote with no input. What is Cheetory not doing you suppose you are? What makes it more likely that Cheetory has a scum role PM than, say, GiF?

Otalia is probably still scum but I want to see what his posts look like as we keep on truckin'.

Unvote, Vote: Kop

The difference is I have only voted for 2 people. And contributed a little bit more than cheetorys 3 posts, 2 of which only contain votes if I remember correctly. But we have seen a lot more from him now and I am happy.

I don't like the fact that we have someone potentially near lynch but refuses to claim, how does that help us make a decision? I mean I'd rather him claim something than potentially lynch a PR.

UNVOTE:
You'll Never Walk Alone!
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 202, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 79, PeaceBringer wrote:I thought I voted quilford
VOTE: vote quilford

oh hey, I found your original vote, PeaceBringer!

Wanna explain how I'm supposed to glean any information about what interactions you disliked from an empty vote?

Clearly that was not the time I had concerns, there should be a post prior to that... I see something suspect I vote. Or I vote to get a reaction. Or I vote for other things. I am intuitive. I don't make of reasons to vote, I vote when I and how I "feel" like voting.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oh, it looks like I meant to make a post, thought I did and ended up not. It was the shifting of votes and the interactions before that, which seemed odd. Particularly I think a UT vote...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Elaborate! I am thirsty for your intellect.
green shirt thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 206, xRECKONERx wrote:Elaborate! I am thirsty for your intellect.

I have nothing to eleborate, I don't make up stuff... and you really don't elaborate either, from past experience...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Have I ever even played a game with you?
green shirt thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 208, xRECKONERx wrote:Have I ever even played a game with you?

yes, we have... shadows and light
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 206, xRECKONERx wrote:Elaborate! I am thirsty for your
intellect
man-milk.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 209, PeaceBringer wrote:

I don't even remember that being a game
green shirt thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 211, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 209, PeaceBringer wrote:

I don't even remember that being a game

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30965
good game to forget...
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Kop wrote:The difference is I have only voted for 2 people. And contributed a little bit more than cheetorys 3 posts, 2 of which only contain votes if I remember correctly. But we have seen a lot more from him now and I am happy.
So the logic is that now that I have more than three posts, I'm not worth voting anymore?
Was it supposed to be a pressure vote or did you genuinely believe that I was such a solid lead that now that I've wormed my way out of the whole "he's not posting" angle, you have literally nothing to pursue right now?
Bleh.
Who would you vote right now and why aren't you voting them?

Otolia wrote:I particularly dislike people questioning my probity. I don't think it's outrageous to ask that people respect the fact that I'm not using an IRL situation to improve my situation in a game. And all this talk about whether or not I am faking is not helping anyone's situation. If cheetory really wanted the current situation to end, we would just apologize.
Should I speculate about whether or not he is faking right now ?
In any case, out of his 17 posts, 12 have been on the subject at hand. Make of that what you wish.
Firstly, I'm not going to apologize for something that I didn't do.
Secondly, why are you playing the victim card? I made a joke. I've admitted it was a joke. There is literally absolutely no reason for you to be upset about anything that's happened in this game. You continually pushing this angle just looks awfullll and feels a lot more like scum pissed off that they're caught for reasons that they don't like.
Thirdly, wrt the bolded, that would be far more of an attempt at sorting me than whatever the awful softpush at the end of this post is.

hito wrote:How can Otolia's last post be so gross and yet PeaceBringer acknowledging how gross that post is be even grosser
I actually kind of like PB atm. I think him telling someone to claim for an intent to put someone at L-1 is silly, but it doesn't strike me as being as likely for scum to say something like that, or at least not from him specifically from my impression of him so far.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 104, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 92, elusive wrote:There are RQS questions. I’ve copied and pasted them below for you:

that has nothing to do with the game...
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
there is my answer and I don't care what you think

VOTE: PeaceBringer

If you didn't care, why are you trying so hard? Not caring would be to not even bother responding.

In post 108, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 105, Wrong Song wrote:I also really don't like this post, mainly for similar things in nature that I disliked about KoP. Although PB actually commented on things that happened his votes don't really make much sense to me.

that whole thing is shtick and while I support schtick I don't have to answer to it... I really do not care if I do not make sense to you. And as such, while you may have awareness of my nature, you really haven't got a clue how I play.

Awwwww....a try hard?

I like Wrong Song's read on PeaceBringer, he feels off this game.

In post 112, xRECKONERx wrote:I don't do RQS, sry

That's all you're getting tonight, I need to sleep

Oooh PB has an echo. These are the true Rebels, hiding in the shadows. Oh I meant boring.

I also like WS's point about avatars. I like to be able to see into your soul or at least your avatars soul. Kop, be avatared please.

Otolia, not to be offensive or anything but is English your first language?

PB, trying to get Otolia to L1 feels wrong. Like some Guy hasn't even posted yet, what's the rush? If I were suspicious of a fat little penguin, I'd start poking them with a stick and see if if they explode.

Why the fuck is someone near lynch again? Like didn't this game just start?

PB, I don't get you - you and Otolia seem a little hyped up. I usually wait until at least a week goes by before going nuts. You know calm before the storm.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 214, elusive wrote:PB, I don't get you

all the other stuff you posted is noise and this sums it up...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 203, Kop wrote:

The difference is I have only voted for 2 people. And contributed a little bit more than cheetorys 3 posts, 2 of which only contain votes if I remember correctly. But we have seen a lot more from him now and I am happy.

I don't like the fact that we have someone potentially near lynch but refuses to claim, how does that help us make a decision? I mean I'd rather him claim something than potentially lynch a PR.

UNVOTE:

This is a very bad post.

I really like the elegance of "PB is assuming Otolia is town to a too-large degree given his suspicion; his push shows he is scum who knows Otolia is town" but I dunno, the weird intensity of his crusade makes me think null tell. Which is a shame because it'd be so cool if it was right. (But even as I type that I think - having scum reads TRUMPED by policy does make more sense if your scum read was a lie but your policy crusade is real. Hmm.)

elusive I played along with the RQS because it's cute I guess, but surely you have a better scum read than "PB doesn't like RQS,
and he was sassy about it :O :O :O
" on page 9.

Also, what's the deal with this:

elusive wrote:Why the fuck is someone near lynch again? Like didn't this game just start?

If we ban getting people near lynch in the early game, the whole game is essentially just a protracted hug fest until we do, y'know? If PB was L-2 right now, would you have voted him?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by elusive »

No I wouldn't hammer PB, because I'm not sure of anyone's alignment and while I might dislike or feel "weird vibes" from a player I would feel nervous to get someone close to hammer or claim. What if a town PR is strung up or something? Considering some people haven't posted I'm wary of quick hammers and anything that prevents real content from being produced and also ugh not liking forced claims so early on either. What and why? I've never seen that before in a mafia game at this stage.

My vote on PB wasn't just his anti-RQS - it was his overly long explanation to me and Wrong Song about why he wouldn't participate. Too much protest for not enough meat.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I thought I posted this.

V/LA until Thursday
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 217, elusive wrote:My vote on PB wasn't just his anti-RQS - it was his overly long explanation to me and Wrong Song about why he wouldn't participate. Too much protest for not enough meat.

oh please tell me please how length of response is indicative of someone being scum or not? For me it is not, in fact, if anything if scum I am probably a bit less antagonistic
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Otolia »

@elusive
: English isn't my first language. It shouldn't create any major issue but colloquial discourse or figure of speech may escape me.

@RECK
: I'll get around answering you today. Remind me if I don't.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 217, elusive wrote:No I wouldn't hammer PB, because I'm not sure of anyone's alignment and while I might dislike or feel "weird vibes" from a player I would feel nervous to get someone close to hammer or claim. What if a town PR is strung up or something? Considering some people haven't posted I'm wary of quick hammers and anything that prevents real content from being produced and also ugh not liking forced claims so early on either. What and why? I've never seen that before in a mafia game at this stage.

My vote on PB wasn't just his anti-RQS - it was his overly long explanation to me and Wrong Song about why he wouldn't participate. Too much protest for not enough meat.

He didn't ask would you hammer him? :?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 216, hitogoroshi wrote:

If we ban getting people near lynch in the early game, the whole game is essentially just a protracted hug fest until we do, y'know? If PB was L-2 right now, would you have voted him?

Kop, after L2 is hammer yes? I mean math and numbers is not my strong suit but that would be hammer so what are you asking here? Or why?

PB, you spend far more time being all "I don't do RQS" then it would have taken you to actually do RQS. Something Shakesperian line here that I forgot. Oh and I'll look into your scum and town meta at some point but I've found that scum usually are less antagonistic.

Otolia, I still don't follow why you mentioned getting a replace during VLA?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 222, elusive wrote:Otolia, I still don't follow why you mentioned getting a replace during VLA?

What's hard to understand ? :igmeou: The game day lasts for 7 days, I'm unavailable for 10 days starting friday. So instead of leaving my slot empty, I found a replacement. Equinox has been informed. The rest I cannot talk until he confirms.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Post by Equinox »

Bump.