Mini 1665: Papers, Please Mafia (Game Over)

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:27 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 473, hitogoroshi wrote:I think you're a lot harder to read than conventional players and won't really flow well with the town at large (which is why I've always been willing to compromise), but even with a legitimate policy grievance, I think you've been executing it in a scum motivated way.

yes, I can be hard to read, but am prone to have tells for folks that get to know me. Sure, I don't flow with the "crowd" but flowing with the "crowd" does not equate town but folks around here like to pretend it does.
Please feel free to outline why you think I am "executing from scum motivation." Outline why you think that, as that is what folks around here are supposed to do, right?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

please note that Chaos went from omgus dinare to now omgus voting me and that is a far more likely strategy to get the heat off of himself...
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:40 am

Post by elusive »

Hito, if Chaos is trying to soft defend Otolio from Kop over Kop's case then possibly Chaos\Otolio are scum together? Or maybe white knighting a scum? The more I look at Otolio and Chaos the more I'm seeing scummy together. What do you see?

WrongSong, the only finished game I have with you - you were lynched for weak logic and explanation skills. I hope you do better this game if you're town.

Unfortunately, though we do have a lot of lurkerage.

PeaceBringer can you self-describe your town vs. scum meta? Thanks.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:56 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 476, PeaceBringer wrote:please note that Chaos went from omgus dinare to now omgus voting me and that is a far more likely strategy to get the heat off of himself...

Alright, maybe I'm the asshole here, I don't fucking know. Is this a thing? Scum are known to OMGUS vote to take heat off themselves? I've never heard of that. Whenever I've seen someone make an OMGUS vote not in RVS, it's always "Ha ha, OMGUS vote, that's bad." I don't see how this takes attention off of me at all. Dinare mentioned it the first time, and now you. It didn't work for me before, so you thought I was just being plucky and trying again? Do you think I'm fucking retarded?

In post 474, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 472, ChaosOmega wrote:So we're down to the wire today, and you wanna use shit I said answering random questions as your basis to jump on the biggest wagon?

and you would rather OMGUS, very typical behavior. You made a claim you have not displayed. I also suspect reck here but that won't go any where-
you really think I would do this as scum rather than sit back, park and let things take the natural course? really?

You're asking me if I think as scum, you would jump on the leading bandwagon nearing deadline with sketchy reasoning, rather than sit back and park your vote on someone (where both they have no real chance of being lynched today and you received flak for voting them)? I'm gonna go with yes, I think that's very plausible.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 3:58 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 477, elusive wrote:Hito, if Chaos is trying to soft defend Otolio from Kop over Kop's case then possibly Chaos\Otolio are scum together? Or maybe white knighting a scum? The more I look at Otolio and Chaos the more I'm seeing scummy together. What do you see?

WrongSong, the only finished game I have with you - you were lynched for weak logic and explanation skills. I hope you do better this game if you're town.

Unfortunately, though we do have a lot of lurkerage.

PeaceBringer can you self-describe your town vs. scum meta? Thanks.

as town I really do not care. I am going to poke, going to prod, but really have no reason for caution. At town at times I will get frustrated over things I think are stupid and say so. As scum, I am far more concerned about what I say. I am going to hesitate. Sure, at times I can sit back as town, but less likely to do so. I am more prone to fade into background as scum. Now, that being said, that is all WIFOM. It will be really more then tone of my engagement. Now that being said, there may be elements where if I draw certain town roles I can appear cautious. I have to think about what I am saying and the connections as scum. I don't think about such as town. As an example, back where I have played there was a tell that developed for me. I would engage in "gee (fill in the blank)" statements as scum and I did not as town. Once made aware of that gee left my vocabulary, particularly when scum. However, there were "gee" tones that some picked up on still as a tell. So the more concerned I appear to be over what others think of my posting, directly or indirectly, the higher likelihood I am scum.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:06 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 478, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 476, PeaceBringer wrote:please note that Chaos went from omgus dinare to now omgus voting me and that is a far more likely strategy to get the heat off of himself...

Alright, maybe I'm the asshole here, I don't fucking know. Is this a thing? Scum are known to OMGUS vote to take heat off themselves? I've never heard of that. Whenever I've seen someone make an OMGUS vote not in RVS, it's always "Ha ha, OMGUS vote, that's bad." I don't see how this takes attention off of me at all. Dinare mentioned it the first time, and now you. It didn't work for me before, so you thought I was just being plucky and trying again? Do you think I'm fucking retarded?

In post 474, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 472, ChaosOmega wrote:So we're down to the wire today, and you wanna use shit I said answering random questions as your basis to jump on the biggest wagon?

and you would rather OMGUS, very typical behavior. You made a claim you have not displayed. I also suspect reck here but that won't go any where-
you really think I would do this as scum rather than sit back, park and let things take the natural course? really?

You're asking me if I think as scum, you would jump on the leading bandwagon nearing deadline with sketchy reasoning, rather than sit back and park your vote on someone (where both they have no real chance of being lynched today and you received flak for voting them)? I'm gonna go with yes, I think that's very plausible.

yes, omgus is a classic scum behavior. I have reached the 80% likelihood of being the lynchee at this point, so it has in fact worked. My reasoning is not sketchy, it is sound. You claimed to play one way and your play has not been consistent with it. You are the one who tried to engage in safe, disengaged play. You only now have any engagement because you have heat and then you try and turn it back around. Sure, the deadline plays a role. I know as scum there are a # of different choices in play could have made that would have generated less heat. The wise move for town here would be to run you up, get a claim and hey they even still have time to get a claim from me. They could also run me up get a claim, and then run you up. However, folks are dragging feet and letting what happens, happens. I predict the more pressure you get, the more folks may look to me and more likely scum are drop on me. This is usually how things play out.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:08 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

FYI- I am always easy lynch-bait, always. This is regardless of site, based on how I play. I even make a joke about it where I come from about people just love to see me lynched. Of course I harp on that as scum or town. (Back to eluusive's question)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Kop wrote:I don't like the fact that we have someone potentially near lynch but refuses to claim, how does that help us make a decision? I mean I'd rather him claim something than potentially lynch a PR.

Kop wrote:Dinare actually brings up a good point about his statement "What are you going to do if I flip town ?".

If he is town and facing a lynch, it should be when I flip town, not if I flip town.

That alone isn't sitting right with me.

I want to vote for Oka because I don't like his confidence in his argument, what if.

I don't like all of this softpushing on the Otoliawagon. It doesn't really read like town-nervousness about an early lynch, especially given his engagement with elusive about why she's focusing on hammering him. It doesn't feel like he's got any kind of nervous energy with how he's engaging things.
I think his unwillingness to vote there is more based on him being anxious about being seen as putting Otolia to L-1 rather than the actual worry about him getting lynched. It feels driven by him being concerned about how people are perceiving him, which strikes me as much more likely to be coming from scum.

I'm currently feeling pretty strongly that Kop's vote onto ChaosOmega was driven by hito's pressure on him. It comes across less like Kop is trying to find scum and more like Kop is just trying to use CO as a scapegoat to stay alive/keep pressure elsewhere. I also think that he probably finds it easier to votepark on a lurky slot that might not say very much in response to him. [This is also the same reasoning he used to try and jump on me earlygame and he let up pressure when I started getting more active]

I'm also really finding the manner in which Kop is responding things pretty sleazy. I think he's been making a pretty terrible effort to try and engage me on my read and has been using it more as an excuse to frame his COvote in a better light. Like, I say that him calling CO's vote an OMGUS vote is lazy/scummy and his response to that is to ask CO what the purpose of his OMGUS vote is. Like, it just feels like he's trying to do it solely to get me off his case and not because he's actually interested in the answer.

wrtOtolia
:
Kop wrote:As the game is progressing he is starting to look a bit more town.
Why?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Dinare wrote:I can see your argument with Kop trying to get Hito to vote with him, but do you believe that CO's vote is something other than OMGUS? I get the sense that scum-CO screwed up with his Kop vote, and is being quiet hoping we lynch Kop instead.
I believe that CO is a smart player and that even if he was scum, his reasoning would be better than OMGUS. I could get the being quiet angle at the time of when you posted this, and while I guess you could say his engagement from here could be a reaction to you saying this, I just don't really get the impression that CO was intending to lurk the cycle out. I get more of an impression that him as scum would be overcompensating in this game so that I wouldn't get on his case meta-wise. I think his lack of posting earlygame and his naked vote on Kop strikes me as more likely to just be him being slow to get engaged with the game, if that makes sense?
In any case, I'm not really all that interested in him right now.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

elusive wrote:He seems more {redacted} as town.
Hi elusive. I'm going to ignore you if you say things like this. If you want to ask me something or push something on me based on this game or if you even want to use DoA as an example to engage me on things then maybe we can talk.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

COMBOOOPOST:
WrongSong wrote:This is actually interesting on the KoP subject.
I don't exactly think stating that someone is 'OMGUS'ing is not trying to probe the intentions. A lot of players say things like this, but the reactions following does probe interactions.
I think calling CO scummy for what isn't entirely obviously OMGUS reads more like posturing on Kop's end.

WrongSong wrote:However how do you feel about CO?
See response to Dinare.

WrongSong wrote:I like Oto's exit readslist. It gives a base-line about his current thoughts and it's clear and precise. When Otolia comes back from V/LA it will be good to see how the reads progressed since that last post.
I will fight you with my brainfists on this in a little bit. I need lunch first.

WrongSong wrote:I don't like the deflection and snarkiness to one simple question about asking for a read, please note that Reck still hasn't answered the question, but came back again at me with a similar response.

UT wrote:still kinda interested in Quilford and MAYBE WrongSong. that "reaction test!" line at the beginning of the game felt p scummy
How is this snarky enough to warrant your initial angry reaction?
Reck wrote:I don't care about meta.
Okay, let's say someone says to you, "oy can you do VCA on the game right now?" and you didn't feel like it was something you were particularly interested in or felt like you could do well or analyze well. That's basically how I feel this situation has played out. Why are you expecting Reck to come back to you and answer this when he's established that there's nothing useful he thinks he can give you on UT in this case?

foodthingstime.~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.19ChaosOmega (4) - Kop, Quilford, Dinare, PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer (4) - elusive, Stabulous, Wrong Song, ChaosOmega
Kop (2) - Cheetory6, GuyInFreezer
Wrong Song (2) - Untrod Tripod, hitogoroshi
elusive (1) - xRECKONERx

Not Voting (0)

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, May 7, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-07 23:30:00).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:21 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

fair enough Cheer, it seemed to me Kop was coming off as low hanging fruit... what you are saying about Chaos makes sense, and Kop is actually seeming to do things/say things pointing at me for...
vote Kop
(for folks attending me and thinking I am scummy, I just put self as top wagon- :P )
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 am

Post by elusive »

Umm I never said I would hammer otolio, cheetory so not sure what your talking about.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 454, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 443, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm like not 100% sure what it's about and honestly it kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda feels like a counterwagon to WrongSong

wrong song has not been wagoned...

I contain multitudes
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 447, elusive wrote:Untrod Tripod, have we played together before? Or were you in a hydra? No ongoing game stuff, please just yes or no.

uhhhh I dunno? I may have modded you before? if I did I don't remember.

folks this is turning into a stalemate and I honestly am I just gonna vote for the highest bidder soon so we don't end up with a no-lynch
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:43 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

hey elusive, you take time to look at my scum and town meta yet? you promised you would, or you just going to park on my because I antagonized you here?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

of PB and Chaos I prefer PB so...

vote PB
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:44 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

well more than just park, given current nature of things (all generated by my sparkling anticharisma)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

that puts me at L-2
chance my being lynched now 97%
UT, that was pure lazy.
one more vote on me and I will claim and try and share my perspective on folks at that time...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

and it actually was CO, me, and KOP as candidates...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you could... maybe do that now so if it makes us think you're town we could move our votes?

or you could just sorta wave your hands and go guysssssss i'm so town tho guyssssssssss
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:49 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

actually it will have to be this evening and I will claim regardless of vote status as Hito has certainly made their intent known and Kop can move vote as well...
naw, f it, I will claim now, reads later.
Here is a shocker- I am Vanilla TOwnie...
I fully expect to get lynched
but town has time to actually find scum...
do what you all will, I will get best reads I can give this evening.

pedit- I already decided to sir lazy
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

hey

hey

that's Admiral Lazy
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

and I don't except votes to move, as I am VT and I stated 97% chance I get lynched. I have the charisma to get myself run up at any given time, I do not have charisma to shake a run up...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”