Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #1) » Thu May 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

Everyone knows that "Cheetors" never prosper, so going to be taking a long hard look at Cheetory. That sounds suspiciously like some kind of mangled plural of "Cheetor" which is obviously an intentional attempt to hide "Cheater". I'm on to you Cheatory!
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #2) » Thu May 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

Fish pictures are awesome.

As for RVS votes; sometimes I vote, sometimes I don't. It mostly depends on my mood. Since I am sort of plodding and deliberate with my voting, when I do RVS vote it tends to just sit there forever until I find someone scummy enough to get a real vote.

I'm a bit surprised by the pace thus far. I have a little less time than usual until Sunday night, but I'll try not to be a total lurksack.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 177, Drixx wrote:Fish pictures are awesome.

As for RVS votes; sometimes I vote, sometimes I don't. It mostly depends on my mood. Since I am sort of plodding and deliberate with my voting, when I do RVS vote it tends to just sit there forever until I find someone scummy enough to get a real vote.

I'm a bit surprised by the pace thus far. I have a little less time than usual until Sunday night, but I'll try not to be a total lurksack.

For Egg, who apparently missed the post or wanted to pretend he did so he could see if I would ignore him or answer again or whatever.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #4) » Fri May 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

I need to V/LA until Sunday Evening. I've got to catch up from page 11, and shall do so on Sunday.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (isolation #5) » Mon May 18, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 452, Drixx wrote:I need to V/LA until Sunday Evening. I've got to catch up from page 11, and shall do so on Sunday.

Back from V/LA and reading now. I've got quite a few pages to catch up on. I'll try and keep the wall of quotes manageable.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (isolation #6) » Tue May 19, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Drixx »

I've caught up on all my ongoing games except this one. I saved this one for last because somehow there's already nearly 1,000 posts and it will take a bit. I sincerely hope some of what I skimmed (House <-> Silverwolf bickering) isn't as bad as I'm anticipating.

Also, apparently my neighbors decided to out us without any consulting. That made me a little sad, especially since I started out in the neighborhood PT by making a post designed to help me get a read on them. A neighborhood where any scum are found and killed remorselessly with fire can be so powerful later on. Not so much if the scumbutts know who to kill to break up the mini town blocks.

It will probably be this afternoon before I have time to go through the thread and make notes on what happened while I was unexpectedly busy. Apologies again to all for joining and having to V/LA. I try not to ever be inactive in games as a rule. Real life came on with something pressing very suddenly in a way that I could not have anticipated. Give me a little time to delurksack. Be back later with thoughts on whatever jumps out at me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (isolation #7) » Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

I am getting the heebiejeebies out of Boonskiies this game. I'm also doubly getting the heebiejeebies that Varsoon is chainsawing for him whilest scum reading me for having something come up IRL. More to come, but holy crap Boonskiies appears to be an entirely different person this game than in any prior play with him. That's setting off all kinds of alarms for me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (isolation #8) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1088, Titus wrote:Vodka shots. On me. Drixx which brand you like?

If it has to be Vodka, Absolut on the rocks. I'd prefer a good 21 year The MacAllan though, if I had my druthers.

What do you think about the speculation about the role PM stuff? That strikes me as fairly poor form, personally.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (isolation #9) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oh my god, is Titus really doing the "X thing happened in Y game so therefore Z thing is happening in this game, even though it's a different setup, different players and basically the only thing in common is my terrible logic" thing?

I've got more thread diving to do, but that will totally drive me insane.

Varsoon, you know that I don't just put my vote out casually, and you also know that I'm trying to properly catch up and be a nonlurksack for this game, which is growing in post size at a ridiculous pace, but since I <3 you and you asked:

VOTE: Varsoon

That shall be considered my RVS vote. I'll make a serious one when I can actually make it through the thread without 8 new pages showing up. I've taken rather a lengthy nap this afternoon, so I'm digging into this game specifically once my wife heads to sleep. If I haven't returned from spelunking in the thread within a few hours, send a rescue party?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (isolation #10) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1246, Varsoon wrote:<3 you too, Drixx.
Please catch up sometime soon, yeah?

Yeah man. That sudden V/LA involved almost no sleep for 3 solid days, and after today's nap I finally feel like myself.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (isolation #11) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Drixx »

I totally love it when people criticize me for not having a vote because I'm catching up on a huge thread, and then criticize me for making a joke vote at their expense. That sound you heard ... kind of like air "wooshing" ... that was the joke going over your head Ozgin.

:facepalm:
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (isolation #12) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1375, DeltaWave wrote:I'm about 50% of the way through this game.

I'm a little further caught up myself. I swear every time I refresh it's even further along.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (isolation #13) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1709, lalaladucks wrote:Coolbeans

Only one kill? Successful protect or something?

How many scum do you think were on Ozgin's wagon

Anen, I'm still town if you're wondering

The scum is strong in this post. I see JEEP's Gloating Tell in here with a little bit of "VCA is hard but I'll mention it in passing and maybe someone else will do it" and a little bit of proclaiming innocence for no real reason.

In post 1716, Cheetory6 wrote:i) Varsoon says that he wants to fakeclaim masons with me. I said no because that's dumb.
ii) Said that he wasn't liking Ozgin so I told him to engage him with like a question or a vote or something.
iii) Said he wanted to bring focus. Then buddying galore on me q.q
iv) Said that he thought lala and Ozgin were on opposite scumteams.
v) Said he didn't like House's entry or anything surrounding him.
vi) Asking about how we felt about Ozginwagon. Said that TSO's naked jump on it was bad.
vii) Talking about Dragon being in a neighborhood.
viii) I talked to him a bit about TSO and he changed his read to be more null there. I don't think TSO is sided with Varsoon atm.
ix) Said he wanted to focus on Titus later on during the cycle or something?
x) Says that Titus has a good chance of being scum, but said there's a low chance of actually getting a wagon going there.
xi) Saying that he's suspicious of House. I think this suspicion also comes across as being genuine, so lazily going to lean House and Varsoon aren't scum together.
xii) Asked one of us to kill Titus. I said I would as long as he wouldn't suspect anyone in our PT of being scum.

And then he died.
I think that's mostly everything. Drixx or TSO can correct me if I missed anything or messed something up. They probably won't though because they aint even here.

That's a fair retelling. Varsoon also gave me tons of crap for having a sudden V/LA come up, and was basically positioning to paint me as scum in the neighborhood. In hindsight perhaps he was seeing if Cheetory or TSO would bite as a test before bringing it to the thread? That last thing appeared to be a joke at the time, but with Varsoon flipping scum maybe he was trying to give himself cover or ... it read like a joke when I read it after Ozgin was lynched.

In post 1729, Cheetory6 wrote:As in he said that one of us should kill you and I joked that I said I would?

Confirming that the interaction looked like a joke from both of them.

In post 1732, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1706, Titus wrote:Cheetory feel free to be dick to me. I still cannot believe that Ozgin was town. At least my Varsoon read was right though.

There's not likely to be another red scum in Varsoon's hood (but it is not impossible), just due to odds. Anyone who is in that hood, sharing his stances and positions would be good so we can review them.

Maybe not likely but we shouldn't just dismiss the chance outright. Or are we forgetting wakes fire and ice where we had an entire team of ice scum in a hood?

I would heavily caution against making any assumptions about neighborhoods at all, really.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (isolation #14) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1778, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1774, Drixx wrote:
In post 1709, lalaladucks wrote:Coolbeans

Only one kill? Successful protect or something?

How many scum do you think were on Ozgin's wagon

Anen, I'm still town if you're wondering

The scum is strong in this post. I see JEEP's Gloating Tell in here with a little bit of "VCA is hard but I'll mention it in passing and maybe someone else will do it" and a little bit of proclaiming innocence for no real reason.

yikes

everyone really hates this one

some wise person once told me that JEEP's tells worked well until he published them

The Gloating tell still works, and is nearly universal in mafia games. Scum see that a bad thing (for them) happened and feel like they should be happy about it if they were town and thus out comes the post that references the thing that happened. Obviously, townies are happy when less carnage than expected greets us at the start of day, so a townie can comment also, but it's really easy just to think about it for a moment and realize that townies almost universally just don't really comment on that most of the time {Barring when there's a really good reason to in which case the whole game does}. That said ... it takes a gigantic fool to convict someone based upon one scummy looking moment.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1818 (isolation #15) » Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 am

Post by Drixx »

Between the two of them, House looks a lot more scummy than Kitz. I mean, House is lying and throwing as much confusion as he possibly can into the game, and then in that process claims to be a day cop and have an innocent on Kitz. I'm not sure that "wat" is much different than my response would be given the context. It's maybe a slight scum tell, but it just makes me take notice and want to pay a little more attention to Kitz at the moment.

What confuses me is why House isn't a much larger focus at the moment, given his ISO.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1825 (isolation #16) » Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1823, Titus wrote:It looks like he learned my gambit lesson well. I am touched.

Is there anything that happens in any mafia game you play in that you don't find some way to pat yourself on the back about? Doesn't your shoulder get tired?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (isolation #17) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1899, Skybird wrote:Crap, that didn't work the way I wanted it to. I was trying to put all of the quote in spoiler except the question to make the post shorter. Sorry.

The way you do that is using the spoiler= tag. It's [ spoiler=TITLE] *spoilered stuff goes here [ /spoiler], without the spaces. TITLE will be what the spoiler title is next to the show button, so you can put a text string there to describe what is going to be there.

Spoiler: Example
You can quote me to see exactly how the tags should be done

In post 1902, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 1896, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1886, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus's push on me in particular is striking me as odd.

That's a slot I'd be willing to lynch.

I will join you on that. Something is really weird on her slot. Like wtf.

I agree. She's off. But I'm not sure why. She's really pinging hard though which is why I asked her to elaborate on her reads. I'll have to look into this later. I don't have time right now.

I was getting an odd vibe from a few posts from Titus, especially yesterday. Today she seems to be working pretty hard. This is multi-ball so it's possible she's scum, but we have other potential targets and I have the heebie jeebies when I consider lynching the one person that Varsoon wanted dead.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (isolation #18) » Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Drixx »

@Egg - I saw your little note about me being cautious in my thoughts about Kitz. Why did you only note my reactions to Kitz and not anyone else? I tend to take a fairly cautious approach in general when it comes to deciding whether someone is scum or not and using my vote, as anyone who has played with me is surely aware. Why the special attention in regards to just one person?

On another note, I laughed a lot at the Horodric Cube joke and using Titus as a flail to make Khalim's Will. I can't see any possible town motivation for what Titus has produced in the last few pages. Town Titus would have said something like "Erm... I guess Red vs. Blue is really super obvious. My bad for pressing someone else for making the same assumption as me." ... that over the top reaction just doesn't seem to have any possible town motive.

VOTE: Titus
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (isolation #19) » Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Drixx »

I see absolutely nothing in the TSO iso that would seem to be motive for a kill, Taly. I actually asked Cheetory in our neighborhood if he could think of any motive. That seriously looks like a randomized kill.

I viewed laladucks as probable scum if Titus was scum. Titus flipped SK, so they weren't likely a team {is there precedent for multiple SKs working together? It has happened in RL ... so maybe? This is a Wake game after all...}. I'm not so sure that laladucks looks so scummy without doing a lot of bending of things to make it fit the theory.

@Boonskiies - If you believe House is Scum but your belief is less so on laladucks (which appears to be the slant of #2056), why the vote on lala? Why the suggestion that we lynch her before she gets back? That seems oddly unlike you from my prior experience with you. I notice that I'm confused a bit by you this day phase.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2167 (isolation #20) » Fri May 29, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2080, Cheetory6 wrote:Good work Drixx.
We made it much easier to be able to continue to do nothing in the neighborhood by killing TSO.
*high five*

I laughed out loud for serious when I read this.

In post 2100, House wrote:
In post 2099, RadiantCowbells wrote:SilverWolf, I don't think you're dense at all.

In fact, I'd say you're at least 99.999% empty space.

Dude that's just fucked up.

I don't see where you get off making hat post at all.

That was the most obvious reference to the fact that all matter is almost completely empty space that I've ever seen. Someone
else
insulted SilverWolf by calling her dense and RC threw in a super obvious joke along with a reassurance to SilverWolf that she wasn't "stupid" {Dense being a nicer way of calling someone stupid}. You are way too smart not to have realized this House. Why did you want to create drama? How does that help?

In post 2102, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2099, RadiantCowbells wrote:SilverWolf, I don't think you're dense at all.

In fact, I'd say you're at least 99.999% empty space.

Fuck off

I'm signing off.

Given that House is the one who originally insulted you by calling you dense, and given that House intentionally stirred up drama by pretending that what RC posted was an insult, when it clearly was exactly the opposite, you appear to be mad at the wrong person. At this point, I think the following is appropriate:

@Mod - I request that you force replace House from this game. He is browbeating people, has had constant drama with SilverWolf that he instigates, called her "as dense as Dragonspawn" which was clearly an attack calling her stupid, and then when someone else came along to try and defuse the situation by telling SW that she wasn't Dense {Read: Stupid} and used a physics joke to try and cut the tension, House instigated by pretending that he had no idea it was a reference to Junior High School level scientific knowledge and continued to wind up and instigate more drama. I think if you just sub House out, the drama he's instigating should simply subside.

In post 2125, House wrote:VOTE: RadiantCowbells

For being an instigating scumbum.

You are actually the instigator, and the fact that you are trying to still pretend like you lack Junior High level science knowledge and are totally hoping nobody would go look to see who called SilverWolf Dense {Read: Stupid} in the first place and find out that it was
you
, and on top of that you are instigating and perpetuating further drama
and
trying to use it to justify pushing a wagon ... it's just pathetic. I had a lot of respect for you and your peculiar playstyle. Emphasis on the past tense. The last few pages and your intentional attacks and feigned ignorance in order to keep escalating things makes me sick.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (isolation #21) » Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Drixx »

Sorry but no. There's absolutely no reason for ridiculous fights in mafia games. If the guy can't be civil, he can be shunned. There was no "joking" or anything in what House did. He knows how sensitive SilverWolf is and he intentionally misrepresented something to instigate her. I know he knows what he was doing because I've seen a similar situation before. It's simply not acceptable to instigate drama and when people do it they should be shown the door from the game. That happens enough and they'll stop doing that shit.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2174 (isolation #22) » Fri May 29, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Drixx »

And What's worse is that as of House's most recent post, he's still pretending to be clueless and like he actually believes that RC's post was being a jerk to SW, when in fact it was House who started the chain of bullshit by calling SW stupid (Dense = nicer way of calling someone stupid). RC was actually trying to be nice by saying he didn't find SW stupid (dense) and then made a joke to cut the tension. House doesn't get to call SW stupid and then act like he's completely illiterate and doesn't have a Junior High level of understanding when it comes to physics and that he completely missed that 99.9% empty space is an obvious reference to the actual truth of what reality is, contrary to how we perceive things as being solid, and then instigate for pages and pages, so much so that SW went V/LA ... and then play dumb like he isn't the cause and didn't intentionally keep it going.

He's obviously scum; can't imagine any town player wanting to intentionally instigate a bunch of drama while trying to pretend to be a complete idiot and try to pass the responsibility to someone else to get them lynched. I've played with House before ergo I know he's not Forrest Gump level intelligent, but rather more like John Nash level intelligent, and so I don't believe for a nonosecond that his feigned ignorance and "what? me? I didn't do anything... I had no idea that wasn't an insult... honest officer" act is anything other than bullshit.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2175 (isolation #23) » Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2173, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2167, Drixx wrote:
@Mod - I request that you force replace House from this game. He is browbeating people, has had constant drama with SilverWolf that he instigates, called her "as dense as Dragonspawn" which was clearly an attack calling her stupid, and then when someone else came along to try and defuse the situation by telling SW that she wasn't Dense {Read: Stupid} and used a physics joke to try and cut the tension, House instigated by pretending that he had no idea it was a reference to Junior High School level scientific knowledge and continued to wind up and instigate more drama. I think if you just sub House out, the drama he's instigating should simply subside.

@mod-Please ignore this request to remove House from the game. It is not necessary. Thank You.

You don't have the right to cancel out a request I make of the mod.

As for that request; it is necessary. I feel kind of sorry that you got duped by him and tricked into thinking RC had insulted you when in fact he was trying to make you feel better after House insulted you. In the end, it's irrelevant that you are caught up. House went way past the line and its' not cool or acceptable.

Just call me Tritter and pretend he stuck a rectal thermometer in without lube. That's how I'm gonna be until he is gone. He's a PL for me after the crap he pulled in the last few pages. I'd rather he just be replaced out and we might get something civil in that slot rather than waste a lynch on it.

VOTE: House
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (isolation #24) » Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2176, DeltaWave wrote:House may be controversial, but is he scum? The answer lies within your own heart.

Do you have a town oriented explanation for his behavior the last few pages? Better yet, how about we wait for House to show up and explain himself. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for someone else to defend him, does it?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2181 (isolation #25) » Fri May 29, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2178, House wrote:Get over yourself, Drixx.

You're neither cute nor clever.

And you had better not be scum, because that would be a modkillable offense, attempting to manipulate the mod to further your win con.

How would me asking for you to be force replaced because you can't stop bickering and browbeating and instigating fights help anyone's win con? We would be rid of your horrible attitude and instigation that makes people uncomfortable and not want to play, and presumably someone much less prone to behaving boorishly would take your slot. That impacts whose wincon exactly?

Implicit in your statement is that you are town, and you also seem to be implying that I asked for you to be modkilled, which is not at all what I asked. What if you are scum? Would me asking for you to be modkilled for your abuse of other players and you being scum be a modkillable offense because it furthered my wincon?

First you browbeat anyone who dares to disagree or question you. Then you call someone who is ostensibly a good friend of yours who came with you from another site to here stupid, but in a more polite way using the word "dense", then you pretend that someone trying to make your supposed good friend feel better is actually the one insulting her, and carry on instigating a bunch of nastiness for a few pages, and now that I've finally grown tired enough of it to call you out, you want to use the situation to try and plant the implication that you're town and I'm scum into the game?

Seriously?

How about you just admit you were angry or frustrated or whatever caused you to start abusing people for no particular reason, and give a blanket apology, and if you get frustrated or angry you find some outlet for it that isn't into a game that's supposed to be fun for the rest of us, and then we can shake hands and move on? There's simply no need in this game for you to tee off on people. The way to handle frustration in mafia is so simple it's ridiculous that it's even a problem: attack the play, not the player. Feel free to rip apart points I make or cases I make (or anyone else, for that matter). As long as you don't tee off on the people themselves, there's no problem.

I'm super disappointed that you keep escalating. All you ever had to do at any point along the way was admit that you screwed up, drop an apology, and move on. It takes a ridiculous amount of bullshit before I feel the need to ask the mod to step in and do something. In fact, in over 8 years of playing forum mafia, I believe this is only the second time I've been so flabbergasted by how outrageous someone was acting that I felt the need to ask the mod to do anything at all.

If you wanna be civil and stop with the bullshit, I'm all for it, and I'll happily drop my request. If you want to keep escalating because (presumably) your pride won't allow you to admit the obvious truth that you were in the wrong to go after people and instigate crap ... I seriously don't know what to say. I wasn't making empty chatter earlier when I said I admired your approach to the game and enjoyed playing with you. I don't enjoy seeing people abused intentionally; however, and it doesn't matter how much I like the person doing the abusing.

I'm extending an olive branch and I most sincerely ask you to go do whatever you need to do to calm down and think about things and come back and take it so we can move on and have fun playing mafia. It only takes one person to cause fights and drama, but it takes two to make peace. I can't do it alone.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2185 (isolation #26) » Fri May 29, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Drixx »

It's really simple. I hate fighting and drama in these games. It sours the fun. I like house and have generally enjoyed playing with him. I hope very much that he checks in soon and gives a "my bad, let's leave it water under the bridge and move on" sort of post and we can go back to finding and killing scum with extreme prejudice.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2195 (isolation #27) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

I think what pushed me past the point wasn't that he called SilverWolf dense, Boonskiies ... it was that he intentionally misrepresented someone trying to make her feel better as instead having attacked her and then attempted to instigate trouble. His response to RC ended up with SilverWolf super upset and believing House's instigation bullshit and taking a V/LA, and even after RC made the humor abundantly clear (as if House actually misunderstood), House kept on trying to instigate, and even went so far as to use the drama that
HE
started as an excuse to try and push a wagon.

Starting shit, then misrepresenting someone to escalate it, and then pretending to be ignorant of reality in order to further that agenda of escalation to try and get someone lynched ... that's just not town behavior. Not only that, it's clearly on the wrong side of the general rules of the site and this particular game. I don't care if I'm stepping on the toes of some clique because any clique made up of adults is generally not worth the trouble of putting up with. There's a certain subset on this site who are ridiculously and notoriously and gleefully nasty and instigative in games, and I hadn't expected House to be among that group.

The entire situation was manufactured drama by house, including manipulating the post of someone who just tried to be kind to another person to further whatever it was he hoped to accomplish with it, and he kept it going across several pages. And now that I finally said something, he's too much of a coward to actually own up to his shit and settle things amicably and instead has actually decided to try and use me being the one to finally say something {Notice how the game has died and gone real quiet once he started with the drama and kept it going long past any sane person could believably still have "misunderstood" RC's post} to try and dump the fallout on my head and make me the bad guy.

And that brings me to
you
Boonskiies. You seem rather interested in using the situation to give yourself an excuse to scumread me for posts demanding that people actually follow the damned rules and act civil toward one another. If that isn't opportunistic as hell, I was born last night.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2198 (isolation #28) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

My first game on this site, Taly, I got called a homosexual and had a long time site member tell me they wanted me to experience prison rape. The mod of that game didn't think that warranted more than a reminder to follow the rules. I try not to start fights or go after people, and I try to keep myself in check when I see abuse but when it gets to a certain point I just step in and do my best to stomp it and put it to an end.

In the case of those few pages, I just don't believe for even the smallest possible unit of time that House didn't realize "99.9% empty space" was a reference to the reality that even "solid" matter is almost entirely empty space, and was obviously meant to inject a little humor. He intentionally pretended to misunderstand (even after it was explained) in order to push a case. I find that scummy.

So there's two issues. The first is the attacks, and that's mostly settled. House doesn't seem to want to take an olive branch but he seems pretty intense most of the time so I'm fairly sure he's still in the "I didn't do nothing wrong I don't need to meet anyone in the middle and resolve anything" stage. I've noticed that intense people tend to take awhile to wind down, and that's whatever.

The second issue is the intentional manipulation to try and push a fabricated case on someone. There's literally no town motivation imaginable for that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (isolation #29) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oh ... and all of this drama and such magically appeared right when House was being pressured over a slip. That doesn't seem like it's a coincidence, do you think?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2202 (isolation #30) » Fri May 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

I apologize for losing my cool earlier. I still don't like what I see on those pages, but it's not the worst stuff I've seen. I think I am just sensitive to it because of a couple bad experiences on site {on another occasion a player told me that I was going to go to hell when I died ... no joke ... and neither of the examples I've given were instigated by me ... not even with any of my usual snark}, and I also am probably older than most on site and as a consequence I've been around the internet before it was really what we think of as the internet, and I've seen countless people who subscribe to the philosophy that online isn't "real life" and thus they can say whatever they like, no matter how hurtful, and they can lie and cheat people and steal from people, and just shrug it off and tell their victims that "It's the internet ... grow thicker skin" and so we have bullies blaming victims as an ever increasing trend.

I see the results of some of the really nasty stuff younger people do to each other pretty much every day I am in the office or lecturing on campus.

I think that sort of thing is called a "trigger"? I will get ridiculously angry when I see others being abused, and I try to just ignore any that comes my way, unless it's especially egregious.

So that's like an explanation, not an excuse. I should very much like to hear from House that it's just water under the bridge, as I enjoy playing with him and find his unique approach generally entertaining and challenging. One need only search my posts for references to House to see.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2204 (isolation #31) » Fri May 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2203, Boonskiies wrote:L...@Drixx trying to say a confirmed townie is being opportunistic.

I did have a lengthy V/LA and skimmed a large part of the game. Did I miss the part where the mod confirmed you are a townie?

Whatever I missed, I'd love to see it because it will obviously impact my thoughts on the game.

And as far as opportunistic posts go ... that's what it looked like. I'm pretty sure that Wake hasn't confirmed you as a townie, and so reason and logic dictate that whatever method "confirmed" you may be fallible. Presuming you are actually a townie, why did that post look so scummy?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2206 (isolation #32) » Fri May 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Okay, so you go in the probtown pile with paranoia penned off until much later.

Now I'm just super confused though. Nobody should read me losing my cool over something not really game related either way. Me getting emotionally invested in reaction to something that is a trigger for me really isn't at all relevant to my alignment. People would be irrational to give me town points for it, and equally irrational to give me scum points for it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2224 (isolation #33) » Sat May 30, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Drixx »

I probably overreacted to that string of posts. I read them all in a close time proximity and I already have tried to bury the hatchet a couple times. I think it only flared up again because House thought I made the joke and then tried to profit from the resulting drama. He, essentially, was angrily scumreading me for precisely the same reason I was scum reading him. That actually makes me feel way better about him as far as being town goes.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (isolation #34) » Sun May 31, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Drixx »

That's the first post that I was able to actually take seriously from PB ... that Avatar just makes me totally laugh at every post he makes.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2357 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Drixx »

Cheetory ... how on earth is our conversation in the neighborhood shifty on either of our parts? You strike me as super paranoid, as you should be, and I'm a long way from reading you as conftown. If the trust isn't earned, you're just asking to get burned. Neighborhoods are great once there's some way to trust each other, but without that, we would both be crazy to trust one another completely. If that comes across as shifty, sorry. I'm not going to just trust you because one scum flipped in our neighborhood and then another member of our neighborhood who was a lurksack both in neighborhood and in game got picked off. I mean, you're
probably
town, if I'm just looking at the odds ... but you haven't fully committed that I feel confident in reading you as such, and I simply won't rely on probability as that's asking to get hard burned.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2360 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm not outraged or anything. I was just confused mostly. As a general self-meta observation, I am weakest in the early game and need to work a lot on it. I basically have to feel my way into games organically. Once I have some reference points, I start to feel like I can start figuring things out and then I tend to be much more confident with reads and such. I should probably seek out people who are good at day one and get some advice on how to approach it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2386 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2375, SilverWolf wrote:The lack of contributions from some of you is just ridiculous. Considering there are 16 people still alive in this game, I find it quite odd that I don't have reads on most of you due to lack of substantive input. I'm not talking about being busy in RL. Just that some of you are barely here and when you are here you don't really say anything that moves the game forward. I'm annoyed enough by it right now that I'm just going to back out of this game for awhile so I don't just get super crabby at people. We have about 9 days until deadline. If someone has a question or something you want me to address, @me.

@Drixx-The last post you made on House you said you felt a lot better about him being town after he angrily scumread you, so why is your vote on him right now?

I do feel a lot better, but House has basically disappeared since then and basically ignored me and refused to agree that we both probably overreacted and that we should move on. His most recent posts either show legitimate confusion or faux confusion, and until he starts posting again and I can try to read him, my read hasn't moved far enough away from what I said before {my vote on House till he's dead} to take the vote off. He's like moderate scum to me currently. I would feel a lot better if he was engaged in the game more.

@RC - Can you maybe explain who you are talking about and give more than "X is scum"? Like ... how on earth can I evaluate what you're trying to say when you don't really say anything?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Drixx »

I am relatively new to the site, so I missed the scum claim in Kitz' post that was quoted. Can someone help me? Like, it appears to have been really obvious to a couple of you but I've read that post like 5 times now and it doesn't seem to warrant a 2nd glance as far as I can see.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2436 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh ... you shouldn't expect logic and reason to be the primary tools being used by most players Boo. I went through that culture shock when I joined recently. Like ... incredibly smart people on this site ... and apparently almost none of them have any idea about Bayesian reasoning or any sort of decision theory. I'm continuously confused by it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2451 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2406, House wrote:
In post 2401, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2386, Drixx wrote:
I do feel a lot better, but House has basically disappeared since then and basically ignored me and refused to agree that we both probably overreacted and that we should move on.

You will probably be waiting a long time for this..................................................

She knows what she's talking about.

That's also why she's one of (very few) people on these sites that I'm likely to apologize to.

Well, as I said before and elsewhere, I enjoy playing with you and admire the particular style you are able to pull off. It's not the sort of thing that fits into my wheelhouse. Here's to us becoming friends as time goes on, because you seem like the sort of person I generally make friends with.

In post 2386, Drixx wrote:
In post 2375, SilverWolf wrote:The lack of contributions from some of you is just ridiculous. Considering there are 16 people still alive in this game, I find it quite odd that I don't have reads on most of you due to lack of substantive input. I'm not talking about being busy in RL. Just that some of you are barely here and when you are here you don't really say anything that moves the game forward. I'm annoyed enough by it right now that I'm just going to back out of this game for awhile so I don't just get super crabby at people. We have about 9 days until deadline. If someone has a question or something you want me to address, @me.

@Drixx-The last post you made on House you said you felt a lot better about him being town after he angrily scumread you, so why is your vote on him right now?

I do feel a lot better, but House has basically disappeared since then and basically ignored me and refused to agree that we both probably overreacted and that we should move on. His most recent posts either show legitimate confusion or faux confusion, and until he starts posting again and I can try to read him, my read hasn't moved far enough away from what I said before {my vote on House till he's dead} to take the vote off. He's like moderate scum to me currently. I would feel a lot better if he was engaged in the game more.

@RC - Can you maybe explain who you are talking about and give more than "X is scum"? Like ... how on earth can I evaluate what you're trying to say when you don't really say anything?

Oh look, here's me already answering the question Cheetory asked. Come on man ... keep up.

I need him to resume being present in the game so I can read him apart from the spat. "Feeling better about House" != "I believe House is town now" ... reads aren't like a switch with three settings, at least for me they aren't.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2530 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Drixx »

Can we maybe lynch lalascum? Just a thought. Like ... how on earth has that slot managed to avoid a serious wagon? Gee... let's think about it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2553, House wrote:
In post 2547, Skybird wrote:Nevermind RC. You suggested that in response to Bookitty wondering why she got no result on me N1. Bookitty's result has me wondering though. I did performa an action N1. I targeted house and received No Result. I double checked this with the mod to ensure I was interpreting the result correctly. I am, and that means I was roleblocked N1. Bookitty is basically claiming she was roleblocked as well. What are the chances that we were both roleblocked on N1? I think Bookitty's claim on me is false.

I didn't do anything N1. What is your role, again?

Oh hey. Scum wandered back into the game. Could I get people to agree with me if I invoked LAL?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2568 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Drixx »

@Egg - My objection to people being nasty to each other is present in every one of my games where some kind of situation erupted. You happen to have been in
one
other game where that is true. Also, I find your implication that I was just trying to use the KC vs. SW fight to my own advantage as scum in that game as extremely offensive. That was a nasty fight that just kept on escalating over and over again, and my response to it had absolutely nothing to do with my role. I don't try and use people crossing the line to my own advantage.

Also, you totally should have won that game as SK. Quite probably the best SK performance I've ever seen.

Also, situation X in Y game has absolutely no bearing on this game. That sort of "X happened in a prior game and something similar happened in this game therefore..." thinking is a really good way to be wrong a lot. It's fallacious thinking at its worst.

As far as the "empty space" thing goes ... were schools better when I was a kid? I'm kind of older than most people on this site, I suspect, but I learned in Junior High School that all matter is composed of Atoms and that Atoms are almost completely empty space, and therefore everything is composed of mostly empty space. House strikes me as a smart person and therefore I assumed he had that knowledge and was intentionally trying to manipulate the situation, which in turn caused me to get angry because that kind of shit doesn't belong in mafia games. It's that simple. Ongoing games rule exists or I would say more.

Finally:

@Cheetory - I'm always a slow roller at the stat of games. I gain momentum as more information and interactions are given context and I can start actually having enough information to think rationally about. Give me another day phase before you assume I'm not scumhunting. After the game, if you like, I can show you what my whiteboard looks like so you can have an idea of what I do when I'm not obviously doing anything in game. There's a time to observe, a time to question, a time to lay traps for scum and finally a time to slam that trap closed.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2570 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Drixx »

Why does everyone assume it takes a long time to write out a post?

Where do you think I have enough information to be making a case elsewhere? And if you think I have enough information, doesn't that mean you do too?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Drixx »

Spats that escalate into ugly fights aren't super common. If I could link you to one, I would obviously have already done so. Ongoing games rule is a thing.

@Cheetory - Ask anyone who has played with me before. Some here have played with me as both scum and town, I believe. I generally don't give reads on command or early in the game. I also tend to keep thoughts to myself until I've decided how I want to proceed. I can point you to a newbie game where you can see an example of me keeping my cards close and snaring scum, if you're really that worried about me. Plus I soft claimed in our neighborhood with you so I'm not particularly sure if you just didn't catch it or if you have some purpose for probing me.

I'll be back in a bit; got some stuff on the "honey do" list.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Drixx »

@Silver. I've been watching the game and keeping myow n counsel for awhile. When it occurred to me that there was basically an obvious passive resistance to lynching lala, even though lala has given no indications of being helpful or townie ... the only rational thing that makes sense is that lala is scum and the opposing scum team realized and doesn't want to speed the game up.

In multiball, scum have to be careful not to shoot each other too soon.

That logic make sense?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

So tell me how laladucks can basically troll the game for over 100 pages ... and while lots of people have been sure to comment about lala ... no real wagon. It doesn't make sense.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2702 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Drixx »

My towniest read is self destructing. Cheet ... go calm down mate. That's like the most townie blowup I've ever seen.

I think I've finally figured out House ... He's either an e-cosplayer roleplaying the character... or he's actually Hugh Laurie and joined MS in depression after the show ended so he could continue to act the character. It all makes sense now.

So Cheet is OTAF, imo. Going to shamelessly sheep the OTAF read

VOTE: Boo
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2723, House wrote:@Skybird:

If you're town... consider, when have I ever played this way as scum? Feel free to metadive me.

When have I played this way as town? I don't think you'll need to metadive me.

Now stop being disingenuous and get back to finding the real scum. SOMEBODY should.

Meta is totally a thing that people cannot be aware of and change.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

Had an episode of Autonomic Dysreflexia this evening so I'm pretty knackered and will resume tomorrow. Going to be offline sitewide. Even gonna put up a V/LA thing in my profile for 24 hours.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2954 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

FWIW: Cheetory was investigating laladucks last night, or at least that's what he said in neighborhood in our chat. His flip makes me think he was using the chat more to read me as it doesn't look like he could do it every night?

Anyway, he is confirmed town now, and he said lala was his investigate. For whatever that's worth. So much for my neighborhood :(
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2969 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Drixx »

Posting sparingly today but reading copiously. Pain is a bad thing.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2988 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

Wow. That's like just walking into a door slamming in your face or something.

Intent to burn scum with fire

I'd love to see what the explanation for this is gonna be.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2992 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2990, dragonspawn wrote:Not sure there is an explanation for it. And why wait when we are almost 100% guaranteed to hit scum?

You think we should just flash wagon and end the day without Boo saying anything? Is there no possible reasonable explanation here? I can think of at least one, which I'll obviously keep to myself for the moment.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3008 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Drixx »

Boonskiies ... there is an actual point to keeping one's mouth shut about logical conclusions. It doesn't matter, this time, because that was just awful but man.

Do I get the honors or did someone call it before me?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3014 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh I would have said what I was thinking ... I just didn't want to poison the well before Boo came back to give a defense.

I think I hear MC Hammer in the background...

VOTE: Bookitty

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”