(OLD)Newbie Game Queue (Players and Moderators)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 5:35 am

Post by OkaPoka »

/in SE
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Marquis »

:
Replacement needed for General_Sloth!

Game is in
Day 1
and
7 pages
long.

This is a
slot, so any player can join (except brand-new players currently in their first Newbie Game); just PM me! Priority will be given to Newbie-level over SE-level players.

Taken by Fro99er.
Last edited by Marquis on Sun May 17, 2015 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
link in bio
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by singersigner »

/IC
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by BlankFace »

/out newbie
mvemjsunp8
mvemjsunp8
Townie
mvemjsunp8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by mvemjsunp8 »

/in Newbie
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 1499, Zar wrote:
Newbie 1603, THE ZAR SHOW needs a replacement for player Dire_Drenz. This is a newbie slot, so anyone that is not currently in their first game is allowed to replace into this game. Priority for this slot will be given to newbie players. THE ZAR SHOW is on Day One, 7 pages as of this post. Please PM me if you're interested.

Filled by adamdf101. Thanks to everyone for their interest!
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Zar »

MinaMod: please remove adamdf101 from the queue since he's replaced into Newbie 1603
Show

BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by BlankFace »

/back in as a newbie
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

/in
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

/in
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Do I need to do something else now besides just doing the

/in

thing?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Here you needn't specify the game you want to get in, because all Newbie Games uses the same Setup and they get filled as soon as the necessary amount and type of players are present (5 or 6 Newbies, 2 or 3 SEs and an IC; the total number of players is 9).

In theory, you should have specified your status (Newbie, SE or IC; more information can be found in the first post of this thread). In practice, since you joined the forum two days ago, the List Mod may assume that you're a Newbie.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 11:33 pm

In post 1511, Aneninen wrote:Here you needn't specify the game you want to get in, because all Newbie Games uses the same Setup and they get filled as soon as the necessary amount and type of players are present (5 or 6 Newbies, 2 or 3 SEs and an IC; the total number of players is 9).

In theory, you should have specified your status (Newbie, SE or IC; more information can be found in the first post of this thread). In practice, since you joined the forum two days ago, the List Mod may assume that you're a Newbie.

OK thanks for explaining that. I have heard that it takes ~1-3 days to get a newbie game going and was just wondering when my first game was going to start. I haven't heard anything about the game starting even though I've seen plenty of people sign up for a game. I chose not to try and get in in as a replacement because I wanted to be able to play my first game from the beginning. I guess the next thing to ask is where the cut off point is for each game signup so I could determine how many more people we need before a game starts. I do have a question though. Does it always take this long to get into a game or is it just because this is a newbie game?

Thanks,

LQ
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 12:24 am

Post by Aneninen »

It usually takes some time to get into a game, regardless of the type of it.
As for Newbies, it depends on how "balanced" the queues are. You've already been added by the ListMod, Mina. You'll join the second Newbie started from now. Right now there are plenty of Mods, enough SEs and ICs too. (The latter will appear on Page1 as soon as Mina updates the queues.) After that, the Mod needs to get the game, send the Role PMs, get the confirmations, etc... I think your game will be started next week.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 12:25 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

/IC
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 12:43 am

In post 1513, Aneninen wrote:It usually takes some time to get into a game, regardless of the type of it.
As for Newbies, it depends on how "balanced" the queues are. You've already been added by the ListMod, Mina. You'll join the second Newbie started from now. Right now there are plenty of Mods, enough SEs and ICs too. (The latter will appear on Page1 as soon as Mina updates the queues.) After that, the Mod needs to get the game, send the Role PMs, get the confirmations, etc... I think your game will be started next week.

Ok, so iirc, I cannot sign up for another game until I am finished from the first game I have signed up for. Seeing as how long it takes to get a game going, I suspect it will be a while before I am able to constantly be playing a game or two. But also I can sign up for a replacement as soon as I am finished with a game... that means I could just sign up for those until another game I want to play from the beginning opens up. After that I suppose I will have played in enough games to always have a game I am playing. How many game would people recommend I play before I get out of the newbie games? I am seeing that the natural progression is to play as newbie and then Se and then if I choose IC. I would really like to be able to play more complicated setups but I am guessing it will be a while.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 1:01 am

Post by Aneninen »

Spoiler: Long answer which has nothing to do with queuing
Actually it is
not
forbidden to sign up for another game while (or even before) you're still in your first Newbie (except for another Newbie). But,
(1) do that at your own risk! Some Setups are complicated or totally unknown for the players or both. And in certain games the playerlist consists of players with a lot of experience (many players are much more experienced than eg. me!)... you may end up in terrible situations too easily.
(2) some Mods (and games) have extra requirements to join their game (eg. you need at least 3 finished games on the site if you want to join). Therefore, if you wish to join another game it's best to PM the Mod before doing so. (I did the same: while I was in my first Newbie I joined another game, but I had PMed to the Mod before joining whether I could come.)

SE and IC works in a bit different way than you think. Check out the first post of this thread! In short: After finishing
two
Newbie games you're not a Newbie anymore, you're a SE (Semi-experienced). But, for joining as a SE you need
three
played games, and one of them can't be a Newbie. (Yes, that means, you need a non-Newbie game too!)
IC is a voluntary position. For being an IC you need more games (at least 5) and you need to be on the site for at least 3 months. But, even if you fulfill these requirements, you can still join a Newbie as an SE. (Or, as always, you can join any other games.) Some players (eg. Goodmorning, Thor, Malakitty) IC a lot, others are never doing that. Being an IC is not a direct sign of being experienced and/or a good player.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 2:01 am

In post 1516, Aneninen wrote:
Spoiler: Long answer which has nothing to do with queuing
Actually it is
not
forbidden to sign up for another game while (or even before) you're still in your first Newbie (except for another Newbie). But,
(1) do that at your own risk! Some Setups are complicated or totally unknown for the players or both. And in certain games the playerlist consists of players with a lot of experience (many players are much more experienced than eg. me!)... you may end up in terrible situations too easily.
(2) some Mods (and games) have extra requirements to join their game (eg. you need at least 3 finished games on the site if you want to join). Therefore, if you wish to join another game it's best to PM the Mod before doing so. (I did the same: while I was in my first Newbie I joined another game, but I had PMed to the Mod before joining whether I could come.)

SE and IC works in a bit different way than you think. Check out the first post of this thread! In short: After finishing
two
Newbie games you're not a Newbie anymore, you're a SE (Semi-experienced). But, for joining as a SE you need
three
played games, and one of them can't be a Newbie. (Yes, that means, you need a non-Newbie game too!)
IC is a voluntary position. For being an IC you need more games (at least 5) and you need to be on the site for at least 3 months. But, even if you fulfill these requirements, you can still join a Newbie as an SE. (Or, as always, you can join any other games.) Some players (eg. Goodmorning, Thor, Malakitty) IC a lot, others are never doing that. Being an IC is not a direct sign of being experienced and/or a good player.

Ok, thanks sooo much for letting me understand more about how this site work. It is really nice of you to share this info willingly. I will go back and reread the OP. Thanks for pointing out that I can play a game that is not a newbie game. I have played mafia on another forum before. thanks again for being so helpful.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Mina »

Sorry, I wanted to review ICs before starting the next game. The next 1-2 games will be launched tonight when I get home from work and have access to a computer.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 3:08 am

In post 1518, Mina wrote:
Sorry, I wanted to review ICs before starting the next game. The next 1-2 games will be launched tonight when I get home from work and have access to a computer.

Thanks so much for letting us know :)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Aneninen »

Do you need a PM from me?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Aneninen »

I meant, links or whatever.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Zar »

Newbie 1603, THE ZAR SHOW needs a replacement for player AMACB. This is a newbie slot, so anyone that is not currently in their first game is allowed to replace into this game. Priority for this slot will be given to newbie players. THE ZAR SHOW is on Day One, 8 pages as of this post. Please PM me if you're interested.

Filled by Plotinus, thank you!
Show

Zentheperpetrator
Zentheperpetrator
Goon
Zentheperpetrator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Zentheperpetrator »

/in newbie
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Mina »

In post 1520, Aneninen wrote:

Do you need a PM from me?

You've IC'd before, so it's fine. :]

Return to “Completed Signups”