Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by The Archmage Ludicrous »

Now that you can see me, I'm as real as thee.
Someone must guess my name by the end of day three.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:16 am

In post 10, ChannelDelibird wrote:

Ludicrous: Your character's name, or your main's name? If the latter, sod off. Also, why no vote?

In post 21, davesaz wrote:@Ludicrous: what's the profit in knowing your name?1

These words are not mine, they are given to me.
I speak them by a more potent being's incontrovertible decree.
I did not vote, the day's only just begun, you see.
During times of such violence, I prefer to maintain neutrality.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed May 20, 2015 4:38 am

In post 25, Narninian wrote:
In post 23, The Archmage Ludicrous wrote:Now that you can see me, I'm as real as thee.

In post 10, ChannelDelibird wrote:

Ludicrous: Your character's name, or your main's name? If the latter, sod off. Also, why no vote?

In post 21, davesaz wrote:@Ludicrous: what's the profit in knowing your name?1

These words are not mine, they are given to me.
I speak them by a more potent being's incontrovertible decree.
I did not vote, the day's only just begun, you see.
During times of such violence, I prefer to maintain neutrality.

god damn, if thats crumbing or something just claim. Scum will be able to figure out better than town anyway
or dont crumb.

if its not a claim or crumb than its just annoying.

since I forgot to bold my last vote I'll make my first official vote for this poem/crumb/claim/whatever nonsense.

VOTE: The archmage Ludicrous

I'm not sure if I have explained it clearly.
I am, by no means, at all allowed to communicate properly.
As much as it irks me,
I cannot change the circumstances that be.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 am

In post 29, Hostile Intent wrote:VOTE: Narninian

It may be a bit presumptuous of me,
Asking you to enumerate your claims so early,
But a vote so naked with no other comments bodes poorly.

In post 33, PeregrineV wrote:
@Ludicrous Archmage
- Are you William Shakespeare?

You have not guessed who I am, unfortunately,
But your attempt is appreciated, indubitably.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:31 am

In post 56, Narninian wrote:I find it intereting and Ludicrous are questing Hostile intent for voting me with a 'naked' vote but Lickity did the same thing after that vote.

Hostile Intent evoked my interest more keenly,
Since the actions of the other, Lickity,
Were more established—a third page vote, you see,
With no reasoning nor establishment of character to be?

More intriguing, yes-indeedy.

The following actions of Hostile Intent lead me
to believe with some degree of certainty,
That they are not a poor candidate for intimacy—
A very close relationship with a rope, actually.

VOTE: Hostile Intent
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:43 am

In post 85, Nero Cain wrote:Someone must guess my name by the end of day three.
Are you rumplestilskin?

...Yes, actually. That was surprisingly quick.

In post 91, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I for one, think that Archmage's being forced to speak in rhyme is hilarious, if that is the case. If this a ruse, I admire their dedication. Either way I don't find it that annoying.

Also, hi there. I don't know that much about Star Trek, but I spent about an hour on the wiki looking up DP9 stuff so I know the... basics? I hope it isn't required knowledge. I just like themes.

Archmage, can you tell us what will happen if we don't guess your name?

I actually wasn't forced to speak in rhyme, I was just forced to write those first two lines. My post restrictions were that I had to write those two lines at the top of all of my posts, and that I wasn't able to claim—both of which expired when someone guess my name.

Uh... Nothing, as far as I know. If something would have happened, I have no clue what it was.

In post 94, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Probably not. There've been plenty of wrong guesses.

I'm thinking it's his role name, and by that I mean his character. Or this is all bull. Fantastic bull. I'm just impressed by the rhyming. I think the first two lines that Archmage keeps repeating were provided by the mod, for sure (if this is real), but I can't tell if the rest of this stuff was also provided by the mod. I'm thinking no, based on the post you just quoted. I doubt Monkey would have that specific situation put there.

And THAT brings me right back 'roung to admiration. We are all in rhyming hell, now. Let's enjoy it!

Aw, thanks! I can go back to rhyming if you want, but I'd prefer to go without it.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #6) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Holy crap, 14 pages since I last checked. I was at what, five pages? Gotta do some backreading, I was busy for like, a day and this game is already huge.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #7) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 pm

UNVOTE:

While I figure out what's going on.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #8) » Fri May 22, 2015 6:42 am

Wow, so reading through it's been a bit of a clusterfuck of a day.

Saint claimed Miller, what's meta for that on my site? It was heavy scum-tell meta wise from environments I've been from.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #9) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:59 am

In post 404, Sinsun1 wrote:That is only half a claim LQ. What's the name as well? Can't forget that part.

Anyway, I just refreshed my mind on what that role is and obviously there are no VT's. With 3 roles now that are weaker than a VT and actually HINDER town, we have to have a bunch of PRs. This is why I am not comfortable with Day 1 lynches. Right now if we were to lynch anyone besides myself, LQ or Saint, chances are, we'd hit one of our PRs.

I see no one has answered my question yet. So I will re-ask it this time with hopes of answers.

Does everyone's characters give them their role flavour?

Mine has a flavor. It is purpleberry flavored. Delicious.

Look at your character and role and figure it out.

In post 408, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Lmao sorry. That bolded part was just a joke. Like when you go to a fortune teller and they tell you all this vague stuff?

Also, goof point. LQ, what's your role name?

I think all of the roles have flavour, but the fact that you're asking at all is weird. Sinsun. Of course they do. This is a large theme run by someone who is a big fan of that theme. Why are you asking?

Do you think I should finish watching the first season of Deep Space 9 for this game? I watched the first twoish episodes, but haven't touched it in ages. It started off a bit slow, IMO. Is it worth?

In post 423, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 385, LicketyQuickety wrote:

i BELIEVE THERE TO BE NO VT IN THIS GAME

I AM A BELOVED PRINCE

See how easy it is to remove all the unnecessary quotes.

There are almost certainly VT/Citizens in this game.

Beloved Prince. :facepalm: Crap, why did you have to get that role?

I can kind of see where that suspicion is coming from. In a game with heavy flavor, it makes sense to have a set of pseudo-townies rather than actual VTs. Roles like mine, that are mostly vanilla town, but not actually.

In post 428, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 426, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 424, Nero Cain wrote:that LQ wagon is scummy as shit and everyone on it needs to die.

LQ annoys and disrupts Town. He's be an excellent policy lynch.

However, since he decided to claim, he'll probably be tonight's NK.

Oy, this Day... :(

Please explain why you are still advocating for my lynch?

I don't think she is. I think she's saying that she thinks its a good policy lynch, but not a good actual lynch. If you follow? It's a terrible play as town to lynch you. In fact, we shouldn't lynch you at all, off of this claim. If scum doesn't use a night kill at some point to kill you, and you're telling the truth, it's an awful play on their part. The only reason I see for them not to NK you is if they're going for some bullshit mindgames play or they're afraid of a doctor.

So we leave you alive 'till the end of the game. If we win before we get to lylo, then we win. If we get to lylo then we lynch you. If you live until lylo, you're scum, because scum could kill you and cause a double kill and win the night before lylo if you were town in that case. If you're scum, you're making a stupid gambit with that claim: you have just engineered a situation in which you are 100% confirmed scum, and because of the nature of the game, you have to create that situation in order to win.

So, town doesn't lynch you unless it's Lylo. The only time it's not worth is if you're some impossibly powerful mafia role, like Lawyer-Strongman-Ninja-Godfather-Robot-Cyborg-Pirate or something.

The only people who have any motivation to lynch you at this point in time are scum, who can get a double kill on potentially two PRs by getting you lynched instead of NK'd. Anyone still voting you is either scum or a ninny. That's
Marcrell, Sinsun1, Saint, Zabing12, and Narninian—get off of the LQ wagon ASAP. It's 100% pro-town to leave LQ alive.

In post 429, Nero Cain wrote:On
this
site, you claim early (like he did) but its been abused by scum lately.

That's what I meant, thanks.

In post 439, Hostile Intent wrote:Getting rid of LQ before we lose a day over him actually sounds like a good idea.

I know its anti-town, but seriously. We're losing twice the amount of roles and having twice as long a night phase.

Lynching him is better for our longevity and sanity, really.

Let's look at this from three perspectives:

If you're town, this is like saying "I know this sticks a giant spiked rod up my rectum, but I think we should do it anyways. It will make me feel more comfortable." I see no reason why town should stick with the LQ lynch.

If you're independent, this is like saying "I know that this harms town. We should do it." If you're independent, you're either someone who benefits from seeing a lot of people dead (SK—double benefit if LQ is telling the truth), or someone who benefits from an early game end (Survivalist).

If you're scum, you're saying, "I know it's scummy for me to say, but we should kill LQ. It would be good for me." I'm uncertain with the idea that scum would say something like this.

I won't withhold the possibility of HostileIntent being scum, but I'm getting a bit of an Independent read from HI.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #10) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

A voting strip club appears! I'd like the naked voters to explain.

In post 491, Klingoncelt wrote:
According to the Wiki, it's only if they're lynched.

No, that's only the variant, actually.

Beloved Princess
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #11) » Mon May 25, 2015 5:16 am

In post 576, ChannelDelibird wrote:
unvote
Tone is hard to read on the internet. Did not get the joke at all but totally willing to accept I misinterpreted.

There's at least seven players right now whom I'd lynch just to stop having to see them post. LQ and millar chief among them. I still think Roddenberry's a bullshit claim.

I've only skimmed the last few pages, though. Will try to read more this evening.

VOTE: LQ in the meantime

I find it hard to swallow that he missed the cases against lynching LQ even on just a skim through. FOS on Delibird.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #12) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:19 pm

I like the CDB lynch. Let's wait until he's back, then lynch him.

'cause lynching someone while they aren't looking is rude.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (isolation #13) » Thu May 28, 2015 4:28 am

In post 727, Sinsun1 wrote:LQ is a bloody idiot. Hell perhaps he's Jester and I am giving him what he wants, while RIP is becoming active now, LQ needs to learn when to be quiet. Not only is he not allowing others to speak (which prevents town from efficiently reading others), he's making a bloody fool of himself.

UNVOTE: RIP
VOTE: LQ

I say let us lose a bloody day, our PRs get two uses of their abilities as well. I can't stand another day with LQ alive. I'm locking in this vote, I am not changing it for any reason good or bad. He has disrupted any chance to use Day 1 to read anybody. Every single page has 3-6 posts just by him alone. Am I frustrated right now? Yes. I can't stand village idiots. Letting LQ live until Day 2 is bloody anti-town in its self because we're not going to benefit a single thing with him alive. Day 2 with him alive will be exactly like today, him yapping and having "scum" reads on people for the most stupidest things.

The sad part is, I think it's because he's still new to Mafia as a whole, either that or he only ever played RT mafia before this game because it requires no real scum hunting and the games end within 30 mins (tops).

Anyway, I am ending my rant for now and getting off before I blow up at LQ even further for wasting everyone's Day 1 so efficiently he has effectively helped scum for N1.

FP'd twice. LQ, believe me, no one needs to ISO you, you are on every fucking page...

Am I missing something?

If LQ has claimed as Beloved Prince, he's either confirmed scum at LyLo, or town. I don't know what you're smoking, CDB.

Also, sorry for not being here the past few days, I've been gearing up for a vacation. Going V/LA because I am now going on the vacation.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #14) » Thu May 28, 2015 4:28 am

Sinsun, too.

Anyone who is voting LQ at this point is silly, if LQ is scum then he just made the worst play imaginable.
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #15) » Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 am

Okay, I guess this makes sense. We lynch LQ, who according to flavor is fakeclaiming, and if somehow it turns out to actually be Princess, we lynch the fuck out of Narn/CDB.

Although, @Narn, I will not uphold that it's a good play for scum to claim BP day one. It's purely bad for scum to engineer a situation in which they have confirmed themself as scum. It lets town focus on rooting out other scum, the only situation where it isn't worth is if the scum in question is some game-altering super role. And even then, you're making it so that your game-altering super role is a 100% lynch on LyLo.

I'll drop my vote right now, since I won't be able to touch the game for a while. I also drop all my FOS's on people who voted for LQ after it was revealed that he had screwy flavor. I also might be willing to vote on LQ later, but I'm like, seven pages or so behind on this game, so I don't trust myself to be a responsible voter.

UNVOTE:
The Archmage Ludicrous
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
The Archmage Ludicrous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 am

I'm tempted to gloat with an "I told you so" over LQ's death, but I really don't know if I believe it was as terrible an idea as I thought it was. Someone who I'm too lazy to quote right now brought up that "it protected our power roles," and I think I finally figured out what people were trying to tell me before but I was too dense to figure out. Lynching BP prevents scum from using them for extra kills on people who they know are power roles—these kills tonight were essentially random.

I still uphold that we shouldn't have lynched LQ—it seems like a bad play as scum to claim BP to me, thus scum should not claim BP... but that line of thinking leads to WIFOM if you follow it ad infinitum.

Ugh. I've been playing mafia fairly frequently for like, three or four years, and I'm still overwhelmed with how behind the curve I am compared to people on this site.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”