VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:58 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

@Mod
- I'll be vla until further notice. If it's more than a few days feel free to replace me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You aren't even going to give vonflare a cursory answer before taking off? The deed is done, after all.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

He's conftown why does it matter
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:09 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Because if pablito is town (which I think he is), Victor is dead and I would appreciate hearing a dead confirmed townie's insight into the game.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Especially given the man has said next to nothing about his own personal reads to begin with.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Well he just shot pablito of all people so I don't see the huge issue here
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Touche.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:29 am

Post by pablito »

Victor. I don't get you.
Sup, later.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Maybe vic crumbled under pressure and wanted the gun in good hands?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:32 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

pabilto
is a
Townie
VictorDeAngelo
dies for shooting a
Townie

VictorDeAngelo
gun-bearer
, shot himself on Day2

Welcome to Day3

Gun-Bearers:

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT
pabilto
is the
GUNBEARER
, and he/she is the
town
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 683, Flubbernugget wrote:Maybe vic crumbled under pressure and wanted the gun in good hands?

do you agree with pablito about... anything?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Heartless »

Strongest town reads right now: Heartless, CB, RC, Feirei, wanderer
Strongest scum reads right now: Lucky, Maxwell, PN
Reads conditional upon seeing others flip: West9, Flubbernugget
People I don't want shot because it will torture them and maybe they will participate at some point in time: Lucky, millar, enomis, jeanne, Feirei
People I would like to see shot the most: vonflare, julien

In post 448, Flubbernugget wrote:PN/Heartless/Red/Wanderer(?)/Julien(???)

My list to shoot

like... 3/5 people in your shoot list, he has as strong town reads
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 666, Heartless wrote:I'd kind of like a reminder of why most of the game is currently fellating CB. The theorycrafting parts of his posts are really well written and ring all the right bells but when you dig into the meat of the reads, you see a lot of cookie-cutter stuff and not much outside-the-box thinking. and are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.

i guess he's not the super-de-dooper town wizard that everyone's making him out to be, but his mindset is more likely from town (the whole poe thing) than not
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:02 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

That shot came out of nowhere. There were plenty of much more useful flips like... any of them. Besides most of the lurker flips but... well whatever.

Pab now has the gun, which is about the only good thing to come out of this situation. Victor obviously thought he wouldn't die, though, he even told the mod he'd be V/LA for a few days.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 am

Post by pablito »

First matter of business. Nacho proposed a short list of "do not shoot" people. I want to see those on the list to comment on whether they agree with this plan or not. I also want those not on the list to comment on whether they think following Nacho's idea of a "do not shoot" list.

In post 465, Nachomamma8 wrote:In the scumlist (bottom 7), I could very possibly see Perpetual Nonsense or millar being town the easiest since the reads there seem based mostly on incomplete information.
The more incomplete townreads are West9 and enomis.

These are the players I would like to see post more.

I'm also claiming intent for the Lucky shot sometime tomorrow. I'm going to mostly be busy this weekend so would rather probably wait the weekend out to give people time to post and react to that, but I also realize people are probably getting pretty impatient and need blood soon, and don't think it's a shot that will kill me so w/e. I'll make a post including where my personal experience is factoring into reads so that you know if I'd like you to give a read or a point more emphasis than you would normally. This readslist has most of my logic in where I'm standing on most of the playerlist, it feels mostly correct although not perfect so while I wouldn't follow it to a T, I would make sure that you really thought long and hard before shooting
wanderer, CB, Heartless, or pablito,
and that vonflare/Victor/julien/Jeanne all die at your earliest convenience.

In post 547, Nachomamma8 wrote:The only thing that changes about my reads list is probably that lucky is much townier now that I started interacting with him (posting when threatened to be shot could possibly be a scumtell yes, but starting to seem excited and trolling more when threatened to be shot comes from a townier place) so I won't be shooting him.

The shots I feel comfortable taking are:
Julienvonwolfe, Vonflare, Jeanne, Victor

The shots I would take if all of those were dead and wouldn't feel bad about shooting:
Millar, Flubbernugget

People who I wouldn't shoot ever and strongly urge not to shoot ever:
CB, Pablito, Heartless, Wanderer, RedCoyote

(aka if 4 of these players never hold a gun you will win the game)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 am

Post by pablito »

EBWOP: ...on whether they think following Nacho's idea of a "do not shoot" list is a good idea or not (not the names on the list itself).

This is the week I have entirely off, so expect to see me more than usual.

I have no idea whom I will shoot right now. Sometime after the weekend I will post a shortlist of targets or people I would prefer not to shoot - so that we can focus our efforts a bit better. Those that choose to not comment on the above post may be included on my shooting short list. How people respond to the above post may also influence my short list.

While I have posted a list that Heartless copied, I am not following that during my stint. That was a list I made that I would've followed if I were not the GB. As the GB, my mindset may change. When I was just a regular townie, there were stances that I took that attempted to appeal to the GB.
Sup, later.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Feirei »

who would be on *your* shootlist
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:27 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I think Pab just said they are not posting their shootlist yet, lol.

Anyways, about Nacho's idea of a Do Not Shoot list... I just think it's a bad idea. Especially one made that early in the game. Nacho made that list with zero flips, so he had the least information out of any GBs. Declaring some people 'town forever' and just leaving it at that is lazy, and disregards later information, or flips, that could come up.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Feirei »

oh. forgive me. im running off 4 hours of sleep
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:45 am

Post by millar13 »

this game is LOL
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:20 am

Post by CB »

In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:
Victor 613 wrote:
CB 632 wrote:Townreads are the key to winning this setup so I need to be certain of the player.

I agree with this 100%. How do you feel about Heartless as of late?

Typically the way I read hydras is on how they interact with each. Mafia hydras are more likely to agree with each other since they know everyone's alignment and they both know who they need to push on for mislynches.
While town hydras there will be more conflict on who to push on since it is very rare for two town to have reads that line up.
So they both push on Wanderer. Wanderer comes up with a towny post and then they both back off right away. When one makes a push the other calls that push really well done.

These posts raise alarm bells in my head:
I've
decided to trust Antihero's judgment on wanderer and keep her in the town column
. I'm not happy about it but Antihero was on the right side of our last wedge read similar to this one (Bookitty in DoA) so I'll just keep an eye on it but I won't push it unless I have the confidence to override him on the read.

this post is beautiful
and should be framed and put on an art museum wall.

yeah, tth is hitting the nail on the head and scum don't have a response so they shat their pants and circled the wagons.

Also was an interesting jokey post. I found it fairly convincing it makes me thing they are a strong mafia player. So there is a fear element that I could be manipulated by them here.

With that being said the pushes have felt like they have come from a towny perceptive. I am more nervous of the slot than anything right now.

--------------------------------------------

In post 653, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:I think PN has started recently advocating a CB shot because maybe he thinks that will dissuade others from shooting him. However, in my mind, I'd kind of welcome PN attempting to shoot CB because it would remove an anti-town element and put the gun in good hands. That said, I'm happy with the gun in Victor's hands as well.

Are WE the only one who sees this as a scum slip?

Kind of. He understands that town reads are the key to winning the setup but is ok with one being shot. Although this post felt more jokey than serious so I wouldn't take much from it.

-------------------------------------------------

In post 666, Heartless wrote:I'd kind of like a reminder of why most of the game is currently fellating CB. The theorycrafting parts of his posts are really well written and ring all the right bells but when you dig into the meat of the reads, you see a lot of cookie-cutter stuff and not much outside-the-box thinking. and are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.

To be honest I feel most of what I have said could have easily been said by scum so I was surprised when I was getting so heavily town read. If mafia wants to spew me town w/e.

--------------------------------------------------

In post 670, julienvonwolfe wrote:
In post 632, CB wrote:
In post 592, CB wrote:
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.

I have thought about this and I think I misspoke when I called that post apathetic. It is more of a feeling that he felt the need to appear to be putting out content that I find scummy.

With all due respect, that is bullshit. Is the optimum play now to wait around doing nothing until Victor decides to shoot someone?

No I am not scum reading you for providing content.

I mostly extracted that read out of this statement:
I realise this post is a bit insubstantial but am running out of steam a bit.

I think this sentiment feels out of place in this game. In a game where most people signed up because they thought it would be cool to be the gun bearer and in a game where you can't get mislynched. I don't think town really has much of a fear of appearing scummy. Why were you worried of how your post would be perceived? I don't think town makes an excuse like that.
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 am

Post by CB »

In post 673, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
VictorDeAngelo shoots Pablito

:eek:

In post 689, pablito wrote:First matter of business. Nacho proposed a short list of "do not shoot" people. I want to see those on the list to comment on whether they agree with this plan or not. I also want those not on the list to comment on whether they think following Nacho's idea of a "do not shoot" list.

I have never played with Nacho so I cannot attest to the accuracy of his reads. Is he really that much of a better player that he can determine people's alignments that much better than the other town players in this game even with the help of flips?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Pablito: personally I'm not sure about RC and that's why I want to see an enomis-flip. enomis about RC was 'could be town' so that's sort of keeping it open, while enomis has a townread on me which he STILL didn't explain. You don't just go from 'I don't feel like discussing this right now' to townreading someone. Something must have happened. And enomis should be able what exactly it was that made him change his mind on me because he was perfectly able to post a scumread on me. Just sheeping Nacho isn't gonna cut it for me. At least something Nacho said could be enough, just point it out.

I have no idea why Victor chose Pablito. I remember some questions raised regarding Pablito but mostly he's looked towny.
I have never played with Nacho, but the way he posted made me think he was very able. He asked good questions and considered all viewpoints. In the end he went with the shot that would give us the most info, as opposed to a target he felt was most scummy. And in return we barely looked back on any reads on Victor but kept pressing our day1 cases. Yes, me too. I'm tired now, just got home from a party where bbq and alcohol were involved, but I'll look into this shit when I'm sober and have time.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 695, CB wrote:Typically the way I read hydras is on how they interact with each. Mafia hydras are more likely to agree with each other since they know everyone's alignment and they both know who they need to push on for mislynches.
While town hydras there will be more conflict on who to push on since it is very rare for two town to have reads that line up.

So they both push on Wanderer. Wanderer comes up with a towny post and then they both back off right away. When one makes a push the other calls that push really well done.

fact check: they did not both push wanderer.
(as an aside: part of having good chemistry in a hydra is knowing when to trust each other)
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 692, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I think Pab just said they are not posting their shootlist yet, lol.

Anyways, about Nacho's idea of a Do Not Shoot list... I just think it's a bad idea. Especially one made that early in the game. Nacho made that list with zero flips, so he had the least information out of any GBs. Declaring some people 'town forever' and just leaving it at that is lazy, and disregards later information, or flips, that could come up.

So what are your thoughts right now? You must not agree with those reads to be willing to whipe them off the table like that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”