Mini 1665: Papers, Please Mafia (Game Over)

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #0) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Mac »

hey guys!! I'll be reading this tomorrow as I have to power through sleep and work before then. in the meantime, I'd appreciate not lynching anyone

UNVOTE:
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #1) » Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Mac »

possible wall incoming. not sure, just posting my thoughts as I read through the thread

In post 36, hitogoroshi wrote:that otolia post is kinda gross. no random vote or nuthin. Like he's already scared there's content he's gotta fake so he gives what essentially feels like a prod dodge post in a game where nothing's happened.

Unvote, Vote: Otolia

this feels like a bit of an overreaction to nothing really. the dude said hey and basically explained he wasn't around and you've jumped on it like a vulture. it looks like
you're
the one trying to fake content.

or maybe trying to move the game out of RVS? we'll see if you stick with this.

In post 37, Otolia wrote:
In post 36, hitogoroshi wrote:that otolia post is kinda gross. no random vote or nuthin. Like he's already scared there's content he's gotta fake so he gives what essentially feels like a prod dodge post in a game where nothing's happened.

Unvote, Vote: Otolia

:lol: :giggle:

Also I'm drunk and I think I like your previous avatar more.

I like the don't-give-a-fuck brazen reply. no fear, and admitting to sinking some alcohol - what's not to like?

PB's vote is absolutely awful. Quilford's head seems to be in the same place as mine.

#61 from Wrong Song seems like a cop-out. then again, I feel like a lot of posts that go "I wanted to see your reaction" without actually commenting on said reaction are a bit of a cop out

liking hito alot more for his interaction with otolia. otolia on the other hand... meh. peacebringer also meh. I can't decide if I like his refusal to answer the random questions and subusequent "I play how I play" speech. I maybe do, but there's something off about my feelings on him. perhaps it's because he absolutely had me when he was scum in the last game I played with him if I remember correctly.

In post 159, PeaceBringer wrote:and things have change since I posted that vote, almost voted oto...
may as well inform him of
intent to put at L-1
may as well
claim oto
or you can sit around and hope folks change their mind...

holy fuck.

I can't even comprehend that????? what the fuck is your thought process here, bringer of peace?

In post 186, PeaceBringer wrote:Oto, you drew attention to yourself day 1 with you play, you get runup, you claim, town evaluates and either you get lynced or we move on. This is how the game is played. Sure, around here, folks like to let run ups tail off and go elsewhere... it is not how I play

still struggling.

you can't expect someone to claim because you're going to put them one vote away from a lynch. similarly, if everyone who was run up claimed at L-2 then we'd be just as well massclaiming straight out the gate because, in your words, "everyone gets run up day one sooner or later." bad logic is bad.

taking a break at page 10, hopefully different posts will break this up a bit. if I had to vote right now, I'd probably sheep hito because I'm like 99% certain he's town. I'd feel violated if he was scum. top scumread probably PB right now. Otolio not much better.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #2) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Mac »

Still not particularly caught up, but isn't Jorji Costova an illegal citizen? The flavor doesn't feel town at all.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #3) » Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Mac »

touché, but Jorji doesn't come under this category either:

innocents, who are natives and immigrants of Arstotzka
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #4) » Sun May 10, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Mac »

it would be pretty weird for 3rd party to admit his third party flavour though, unless he's not clued up on the game. but judging by his early posts (the v/la in the form of an immigration note springs to mind) he seems to be.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #5) » Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 736, Ankamius wrote:Mac I don't understand how you got that Hito's 99% town.

I'm only on page 12 or so just now but every time I think X about a post, I keep reading and hito's already on it. His head seems to be in the same place as mine which I generally read as a good thing and he seems intent on figuring things out and moving the game along - like I said, I'd be surprised if he is scum especially given his scum game is apparently transparent. If it is, this read will unravel later on I guess.

do you disagree?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #6) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 am

Post by Mac »

Why do you disagree and why is that Kop post town-looking? Because it doesn't seem to me as though it's town.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #7) » Thu May 14, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Mac »

why did you want to comment on something that had already been confirmed?

Ankamius, when you're back to catch up, I'd like to know the answers to both questions in #756. in particular why kop's last post looked town - I recall thinking there was nothing worthy of a townfeel about it
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #8) » Fri May 15, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Mac »

In post 827, Ankamius wrote:
In post 756, Mac wrote:Why do you disagree and why is that Kop post town-looking? Because it doesn't seem to me as though it's town.

I stated earlier in my ISO why I was scumreading hito. Yeah it was vague and I didn't give specific examples, but it's there.

Nothing in that Kop post was scum intent. He had a very real chance of getting lynched and the only real way he could've survived past day 1 was trying to get ChaosOmega killed. What does he do instead? He decides to start attacking someone not voting for either wagon and one of the primary voters on his wagon that has basically no pressure on him. Both achieve absolutely nothing for him and actually serve to get even more attention onto him.

That's not cornered scum.

meh, I can see your point but his final post was in essence flinging mud and hoping something would stick. he didn't know what was causing his read, didn't bother to explain it other than "preying on an easy target" which is a bit of a naff explanation truth be told. fair enough it seems like he didn't have a lot of time, but he wasn't exactly a shining beacon of towniness that was an obvious mislynch; that final post could also have easily been construed as scum IMO.

I'll look up your hito read but from your description of it I feel like there's very little point.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #9) » Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Mac »

elusive wrote:CO is either town or third party that can win with town is what I'm thinking although a lot of that is based on flavor. One I don't think someone would take the lord's name as proof of their alignment

was this serious? because without wanting to bring religion into mafia, I'm sure plenty of people would say this without meaning it.

elusive wrote:Who would kill Hito? Its probably someone he either scumread correctly or possibly someone who knows his playstyle well and thought he was hinting at being a PR. Did he crumb at all? Or does anyone know if he crumbs and might want to see who he might have crumbed to? I played a game where scum was found because the doc crumbed to them and then was conveniently killed the next night.

why don't you consider the fact that hito was really strongly townread by the majority of the playerlist here?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #10) » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Post by Mac »

Dinare, that's a weak reason to hop onto the WS wagon. how would thinking out loud result in towncred?

that looks to me like you just fabricated a reason out of thin air to join the wagon.

peacebringer and CO, can you guys explain your WS votes because right now it looks to me like elusive is the only one with a genuine reason to vote WS following their back and forth.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #11) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Mac »

innocent is the equivalent of town

mason miller is his role
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #12) » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Mac »

VOTE: Otolia

that attempt at derailing the wagon yesterday was pretty shit
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (isolation #13) » Mon May 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Mac »

In post 790, Equinox wrote:
There was supposed to be a newspaper here, but I'm in the middle of an end-of-semester crunch and thus cannot produce pretty graphics. Sorry! Check back later.

hitogoroshi, Khaled Istom,
innocent paperwork cop
, has died on Night 1!

Day 2 begins now.

Vote Count 2.00
Not Voting (11) - Ankamius, ChaosOmega, Dinare, elusive, Mac, Otolia, PeaceBringer, Quilford, Untrod Tripod, Wrong Song, xRECKONERx

With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.

The deadline is Friday, May 28, 2015, at 2:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-05-28 02:30:00).

just gonna leave this here for you otolia
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #14) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Mac »

In post 885, ChaosOmega wrote:Mac, who did you target?

i didn't target anyone because the otolia townflip fucked my confidence in my reads a little bit. (read: alot)

but i can use it anytime so presuming I'm not lynched I'll probably use it tonight
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #15) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Mac »

dinare

what are your reads right now?

also I'm guessing scum must've put 2+2 together because I didn't think quilford would die last night after the hammer. I think elusive's town at the moment and CO is conftown but any one of the other four could be scum.

dinare wrote: Why did you want somebody else to hammer for you?

what a bullshit question. peacebringer's vote was already on otolia; how could be possibly hammer?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #16) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Mac »

In post 862, PeaceBringer wrote:I agree with ank
vote Dinare...

In post 863, PeaceBringer wrote:I could also go oto...

I think if dinare ends up being town then pb will be most likely scum imo, these posts don't really look great. completely leaving options open here to go either to either wagon that is potentially arising (since ank had already made his point about dinare potentially bussing WS clear)
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #17) » Mon May 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Post by Mac »

ill get to this tonight!

not that there's really much to get but hopefully we can inject some life into this game and bring it home
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #18) » Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by Mac »

if you think that, why aren't you voting him? you've been championing him as having 'suspect elements' all day and yet you aren't voting for him?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (isolation #19) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Mac »

In post 944, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 943, Dinare wrote:Again, you make sure to wait for approval from town before you throw down your vote.

nope, you can spin it this way. Look at the numbers. If you are town and I am town then who would you say is bad. You have not engaged the game at all. You simply are pointing at me because you really don't have anywhere else to go and I should be someone that potentially you could get lynched.

You would think if I cared what the rest think that I would work much harder in providing a "case" or "reasons."

uh, since you are not providing a "case" or "reasons," aren't you basically pointing your finger at dinare?

i mean you're basically admitting you don't give a fuck if people support your dinare push here which is a pretty not town thing to do
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (isolation #20) » Fri May 29, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Mac »

V/LA the weekend
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (isolation #21) » Sun May 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Mac »

uh

that's completely not what happened with my ability?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Mac »

i've had a super shit day so not sure i'm in the mood for mafia. if i decide not too, i'll be back tomorrow night
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Mac »

In post 969, elusive wrote:Is that all you have to say? Chaos gave you an item and you?

well no, I was v/la and skimming and caught your complete misrep. i didn't use it because i didn't know where or how to use it last night - i thought otolia was going to flip scum so the townflip shook me a little. i wanted time to question my scumreads, something I hadn't had day two or three.

Dinare wrote:
Mac, this may seem like a strange question, but a thought just occurred to me. Have you played Papers, Please at all?

I sure have!

although i kinda suck at it. i can never click between all the bits in a decent time.

In post 977, Untrod Tripod wrote:sorry, my sister got married last weekend and I was at the Commune after that

don't really see a reason to move my vote, especially with both PB and elusive going "OH, I GUESS MAYBE UT" after I expressed suspicion of them

wouldn't be super shocked if that was just the scumteam right there

PB wouldn't surprise me; elusive would. i don't think she *needs* to go to all this vca as scum in this game in particular (not familiar with her scum game though - perhaps she prides herself on a strong scumgame regardless of the gamestate)

In post 984, elusive wrote:This is not related to the game at all but wth is commune? Is it like "commune" as in the isolated societies where stuff happens or code for something else? Every time someone on this site mentions the words I have the weirdest thoughts in my head..

i think it's where scummers meet up and get helluva drunk, but i may be wrong.

I think I'm going to vote dinare because that looks like it has the strongest chance of flipping scum. however, elusive, where are you if only one of dinare/ut flip scum?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Mac »

the only way i could see chaos being scum is under a kind of survivor role (because all jorji wants to do in game is come into arstotka or however it's spelled, and uses various methods to try and do so)

that would make sense... but the inventor doesn't. would a survivor be possible in this game?

Vote: Dinare
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1007, ChaosOmega wrote:THERE ARE NO THIRD-PARTY ROLES.

This has been gone over already. I'm either scum, or I'm an innocent.

good point, well made. town then
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:19 am

Post by Mac »

ank is not dead because i detained (read: jailed) pb.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 am

Post by Mac »

In post 1016, elusive wrote:VOTE: Untrod Tripod

If this doesn't end game then I have no clue.

well it's likely there are two scum left, so even if ut is scum it won't end the game?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:26 am

Post by Mac »

In post 996, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 995, ChaosOmega wrote:I know I had him in my lynch pool earlier, but I'm against this Dinare lynch. This reads like a mislynch to me.

So Ank, let's say you think I'm scum. I gave things to PB and Mac. It's pretty much impossible that me, PB, and Mac are scum together. So you think as scum I gave my 1-shot abilities to an innocent (maybe 2 innocents) just for towncred?

so then who do you think is scum, seriously... there is not much left....
there is you
Me
Mac
elusive
dinare
UT
mac
ank

right now I rank things as
dinare
UT
elusive
ank
mac
you
me (as I know my role)
how would you currently rank folks from scum to town?

given this post, your ank shot doesn't make sense from a town PoV since you should surely be vigging your top scumread. with the dinare flip, that would leave UT and elusive before ank on your list so unless something about the dinare flip changed your ank read, i think you're scum who looked at hitting someone who was probably not a viable mislynch but not widely townread enough to be a 'bad' vig kill as such.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:40 am

Post by Mac »

In post 997, ChaosOmega wrote:UT
elusive
Ank
Dinare
you
Mac
me

last read wasn't overly waffly to be honest.

also we have a missing night where nothing was given out, so i'm assuming reck was targetted or CO just didn't give out.

no point speculating on what may have happened really, but i still think pb is scum and the partner is ut/elusive.

vig should probably have been the first thing CO gave out, i wonder if there was a set order he had to follow.

PB, what was the flavour for vig?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Mac »

Ehhh i see

vote: ankamius
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Mac »

oh

Shit
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Mac »

Thanks for messaging me to join when Cheetory replaced out equi! I had a fun game :]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”