Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

epicmafia is having the same problem, so its not the forum format that is the issue.

im sorry to say this godawful truth, but town of salem is absorbing much of the webs incoming mafia interest. it has steam compatibility and is easily understood by 5 year olds. exposure + simplicity + fun = profit

its a fad that will die out, but how is the mafia community going to harness that destructive energy when it does?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

EM played alot of skype mafia games when the site went down for a while. they are fun, but moderating anything other than the simplest of mechanics can be challenging... there were only a couple people willing to mod.

honestly, if you want to attract people who desire a more fast paced environment, you already have a forum for that and opening it more often is the simple solution.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

i have been thinking about a few ways of culturally contaminating both sites.

1. make a mafiascum lobby on epicmafia and link games of c14/sbts/matrix6 from these forums

2. promote mafiascum marathon days on epicmafia forums/lobby walls.

honestly both sites seem kinda inbred in their ways of approaching the game and it would do worlds of good to encourage a meeting of minds.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 706, BBmolla wrote:Epicmafia still has shit mechanics on various roles.

Hooker not blocking Watcher and shit like that.
which format did you play first? it makes perfect sense to someone native to the site. the order of actions are redirect>roleblock>investigate/save>convert>kill

anything that does not visit cannot be tracked/watched, redirected, or role-blocked. watchers and a few other roles have ninja-like mechanics and thus cannot be role-blocked. its different, not shit. everything makes sense if you understand the framework.
Last edited by Soft-spoken on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

the community, however, is generally shit... hence me thinking about making an isolated environment on the site for scummers.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:30 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

honestly, i think you would have the better format if you could package it into a more intuitive UI. i want to see something like chatmafia succeed... but making every action in game clickable is important for ease of use.

is mountainous nightless the one we use ninja/granny or goon/virgin for on EM? we should add those to the lobby stickies.

also if we can make a custom role for a mafia that shares a meeting but cant kill so we can have other mechanics (like vengeful towny) in a nightless.

i would rather discuss this in another thread but mine got deleted because of the links to the lobby without permission. maybe if we can get approval from mith we could have an easy way to play live games together.

either way dont stop working on chatmafia... its potential for setup creation is much better. EM's custom role creator is limited.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”