pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

VOTE: Kyndy101 because she has a Homestuck profile picture.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 7, kyndy101 wrote:
In post 6, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Kyndy101 because she has a Homestuck profile picture.

But Homestuck!!
Haha I don't even ship Dave and Terezi but I wanted a picture with Terezi in it and this was so cute <3 How could I resist? I wanted a picture of Terezi bein all JUSTICE but I couldn't find a 50 by 50 picture :(

Ooh! This website will resize pictures for you.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm also 20 and in college. It's currently summer break for me, I'm working in a lab on my campus and I have basically nothing to do when I'm not in my lab so I signed up for a few mafia games.

I like Homestuck, Parks & Recreation, and science fiction in general. I collect GIANTmicrobes (they're these stuffed animal versions of viruses and bacteria.) My favorite smell is the smell of hardware sores.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Sat May 30, 2015 8:53 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 41, BlueMoonRising wrote:Care to explain how lynching kyndy was pro-town?

The person who can explain this is dead.

I agree it was very anti-town, but it's not like Ika can justify it now.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Sat May 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

BMR, why are you using an alt for this game?

Also in 41 where you asked for an explanation as to why lynching kyndy was pro-town. Who were you asking? Ika hammered, and Ika is dead. Everyone else agrees with you. What was the point of posting that? You making a non-controversial pro-town statement and framing it the way you did is scummy.

VOTE: BlueMoonRising
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 62, You Got Schooled wrote:@Pista, care to explain that vote some more? I don't quite get your reasoning.

I didn't like 41. He asks "Care to explain how lynching kyndy was pro-town?"

Everyone in the game agrees that lynching kyndy was anti-town. However, BMR framed the question as a challenge to the rest of the players and that rubs me the wrong way. At first glance, it seems scum-hunting and confrontational, but in reality, it's an obvious statement. It reads like he's trying too hard to appear town.

His defense was "Ika obviously thought it was pro-town." But he wasn't asking Ika, because he asked that after Ika was nightkilled.

Also in 61 he doesn't provide any examples of in which posts A Simple Plan is introducing WIFOM.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 67, You Got Schooled wrote:So, turn about is fair play: it seems like you are town-reading them. Why?

He was the first to ask questions about people's motives. 15 shows conviction but a willingness to understand other people's play before making absolute judgment.

I think 44 is adequately scum-hunting. He never he thinks Fromage is absolutely town being framed. He just says that it would be easy for scum to frame Fromage and we shouldn't automatically assume Fromage is scum for putting kyndy at L-1. Nobody was expecting Ika to hammer on day 1 and that's not Fromage's fault. He also points out some scum vibes he got from other people and calls one of my posts into question, even though he says he's town-reading me overall.

In 49 he continues to elaborate on his reads and ask people to talk more.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 70, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Texcat right now?

I liked his initial Fromage vote in 26 because he didn't jump on the popular bandwagon, it showed some willingness to differentiate himself from the rest of the group.

But I don't like him blaming Fromage for kyndy's death in 31. Granted, I am the least experienced player in this game, but the impression I've gotten from the wiki, the general attitudes of people on this site, and something someone said in another game I'm playing (Open 600) is that hammering without intent is very rare, especially early in the game, and almost universally considered scummy. So I don't think Fromage realized kyndy getting hammered was a serious possibility.

Then in future posts, texcat continues to insist Fromage is scummy, but doesn't quote from or question anything Fromage says, just keeps bringing up the L-1.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

So, current top scum-reads are BMR and texcat.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:25 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 77, texcat wrote:
In post 23, Fromage wrote:Oh, Kindy is now at L-1. Don't hammer her by accident.

Fromage could have unvoted here, but chose not to. Putting someone at L-1 during RVS is not as bad as realizing it and leaving them at L-1.

I don't think he thought someone hammering on purpose was a serious possibility.

The way I interpreted that was that he was worried that someone would vote and not realize kyndy was at L-1, the same way he didn't realize he was putting kyndy on L-1.

But it was reasonable for him to keep her there even after he realized, it would at least give her an incentive to respond to BMR's early criticism.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 84, You Got Schooled wrote:Pistachion, do you think it's likely that BMR and Tex are scum together?

Yes. BMR is probably scum and, if he is, tex is the most likely scum buddy because of how all his posts agree with everything BMR says without interacting with BMR directly or listing him as a townread.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 88, A Simple Plan wrote:Between Sthar8 and Texcat, whom gives off stronger scum vibes?

Texcat. Sthar8 hasn't said enough for me to get an impression.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 105, A Simple Plan wrote:according to some people L1 is scummy, and I would like to actually use some of this day phase, since Day 1 was a mockery of how the game should be played, and I dislike the idea of starting a third possible wagon and stringing votes out even further.

L-1 is not scummy when you have a strong scumread that multiple people in the game agree with.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I can understand paranoia but Ika is gone and can't do it again, also, given how much crap Fromage is taking for putting someone at L-1, nobody here would dare hammer without intent.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I don't see how 44 is scum.

In post 44, A Simple Plan wrote:Okay, after seeing Ika flip VT, I'm absolutely baffled, but at the same time, quite pleased.

Agreed. I don't know why scum would kill someone they could have mislynched, but I'm still glad they picked Ika instead of someone who could actually contribute something useful to town.

In post 44, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm willing to believe Fromage is being framed by the scum team here, making it look like the L1 on Kyndy was the scum instead of the hammer, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's scum.

This is keeping an open mind. He points out that we should be cautious about voting for Fromage because he could be an easy mislynch, but he's not ruling out the possibility that Fromage is scum. He waited until we heard more from Fromage. That is good.

In post 44, A Simple Plan wrote:In mind also is Texcat's #43. He specified that his decision between voting Ika and voting Fromage was made easier when Ika was killed. I get a scummy vibe from that, because if scum is indeed framing Fromage as I feel they might be,

I also think 43 is scummy, but I disagree with ASP as to why. I don't like how texcat was quick to scumread Fromage before he got the chance to say much.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:09 am

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm still convinced BMR is scum because he's responded to WIFOM with more WIFOM, as others have pointed out.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

How did you figure that from one day of play?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Yes I am. I'm the friendly neighbor and I targeted ASP.

BMR and Tex are scum, game over.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:35 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Go ahead and hammer.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

154 bothers me with the "oh goodness! what a terrible mess! I didn't expect any of this!" tone. Same tone in 148. I don't see it anywhere else in texcat's meta.

I'm not going to vote yet, though. I want more discussion first. It's LYLO so if tex is actually town, scum would win if they hammer.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Good game!

(Sorry, BMR and tex.)
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Yeah, on day 2 I thought I was doing a good job at scum-hunting, so I was disappointed that I had misread BMR so badly. But I'm glad my friendly neighbor target was a good choice at least.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:17 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Thanks for posting your notes. I skimmed them briefly and plan to look over them in detail when I get home. I'll be sure to pay attention to your tex reads. I'm trying to improve my game so it's really cool that you're doing this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”