Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Skybird »

I agree with Wolf that neighborhood spec is difficult with Wake. In one of his large games off-site, everyone was in a neighborhood but me. But I did get to read every neighborhood PT as long as I didn't post in any of them.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:50 am

Post by SilverWolf »

FA-I think Bookitty is right. A jailkeeper will both roleblock and protect the person who is jailed. So if Skybird was jailed, she wouldn't be able to be killed or be able to use any action-she would get no result if she tried. It would stop her from killing someone if she tried as well.

OTOH, for example, if Bookitty targeted Skybird for a kill and Skybird was jailkept, Bookitty's kill would fail. She'd get no notice. It just wouldn't go through. If she targeted Skybird with an action outside of a kill, she'd be able to target her unless she herself was jailed or roleblocked.

Having been a jailkeeper before, I'm pretty sure this is how it works.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:18 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

Interesting.
@mob
Is this correct?

I am not sure how the information helps us but information is generally good.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Kitz »

I'm so sorry for not being around. I should've said V/LA for the following days due to a depression. I'm better tho.

I see all these votes, and I'm seriously questioning what makes me the most scummy. I am genuine confused.
Fuck it.

Ask Me Anything.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

mob?

I meant
@MOD

Can you confirm the mechanics of jailkeep.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:35 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Can someone confirm the mechanics of my Vayne play?
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Kitz »

I'm off. If there's any questions, address me with #kitz or whatever draws my attention.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Is there any single reason against a laladuck PL?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 0, Wake1 wrote:

If a Commuter is commuting, it is untargettable that night by any means, not even Strongman, Roleblocker or Ninja. Any role that attempts to target a commuting Commuter should be treated as though they are blocked (e.g. receive a "No Result" pm if they are investigative).

All night actions targeting players with Ascetic (excluding NKs) will fail. All information-gathering actions targeting them will return with 'No Result.'

It's possible Skybird is Ascetic (as previously discussed) or Commuter.

Per the wiki:
Mafiawiki wrote:Normal Guidelines

A Jailkeeper that simultaneously blocks and protects their target is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, provided that any mutual blocking scenarios are planned for during review. Any role that receives results (such as Tracker or Watcher) but is blocked should receive a "no result" message, rather than told their target didn't go anywhere or nobody visited their target. A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill.

So, I am feeling very poorly (just getting over a stupid allergy/sinus/cold? thing, with bonus headache) and I started this quote thing with the intention of coming to a conclusion about Boo/Sky interactions, but my head hurts too much. I will (hopefully) come back to this later.

In post 2775, Skybird wrote:Bookitty, I have no idea why you didn't get a result N1. I did not get a result either. If I was jailkept or roleblocked, would you have gotten no result?

Likewaie, I quoted this into a separate tab, and forgot why. I know it's related but...... fuzzbrain. More later.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:47 pm

In post 2808, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 0, Wake1 wrote:

If a Commuter is commuting, it is untargettable that night by any means, not even Strongman, Roleblocker or Ninja. Any role that attempts to target a commuting Commuter should be treated as though they are blocked (e.g. receive a "No Result" pm if they are investigative).

All night actions targeting players with Ascetic (excluding NKs) will fail. All information-gathering actions targeting them will return with 'No Result.'

It's possible Skybird is Ascetic (as previously discussed) or Commuter.

Per the wiki:
Mafiawiki wrote:Normal Guidelines

A Jailkeeper that simultaneously blocks and protects their target is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, provided that any mutual blocking scenarios are planned for during review. Any role that receives results (such as Tracker or Watcher) but is blocked should receive a "no result" message, rather than told their target didn't go anywhere or nobody visited their target. A Jailkeeper cannot stop a Strongman from committing a kill.

So, I am feeling very poorly (just getting over a stupid allergy/sinus/cold? thing, with bonus headache) and I started this quote thing with the intention of coming to a conclusion about Boo/Sky interactions, but my head hurts too much. I will (hopefully) come back to this later.

In post 2775, Skybird wrote:Bookitty, I have no idea why you didn't get a result N1. I did not get a result either. If I was jailkept or roleblocked, would you have gotten no result?

Likewaie, I quoted this into a separate tab, and forgot why. I know it's related but...... fuzzbrain. More later.

Why'd you quote the person who responded to me instead of me you dork.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2408, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2381, Kitz wrote:
In post 2378, SilverWolf wrote:@Kitz-Who are you scumreading right now and why aren't you voting?

I'm always slow / reserving on votes, but yeah, I'll vote for someone I personally think needs a vote.

As for who's scummy, well.
Prolapsed Brain is a big, red button. Read his ISO, this is overal anti-game, unattentative, sheepish and fluff, lack of actual contribution.
Lala pings me really high too, for the not-much-care attitude and several other things which is made obvious by now.
Kitty is also among there, for the obvious points of mindset and play, as well as the whole "Mislynch town" thingie and "Why should I care".
Skybird pings me slightly, recently going all neutral and careful, while going for an obvious target in the same mindset.

Boonskies pings lightly, but otherwise a mix-read. Dragon is a town-lean/null. Everyone says BestFriend, but I dunno, no actual evidence yet.
Radiant reads as a "fucking troll", so mix-read.
House is null due to my mixed reads on him, but there's a townlean due to the claim and claimed actions.

Personally I read Cheetory and Anenin as town.

The rest is null. Anyway, voting PB because, god damnit, those reasons.
VOTE: Prolapsed Brain

Oh, btw, House, I will totally vote Kitz with you now after this dumb scumclaiming of a post.

In post 2784, Boonskiies wrote:I don't want to lynch Kitz. I think she's town.

What changed here?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

Had an episode of Autonomic Dysreflexia this evening so I'm pretty knackered and will resume tomorrow. Going to be offline sitewide. Even gonna put up a V/LA thing in my profile for 24 hours.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:59 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 2772, Cheetory6 wrote:
ii) Talk at me about your Prolapsed read. Your reads on D1 were a lot more comprehensive. Why are they dithering now? Just like be honest at me and stuff. I want to hear your general frame of mind atm.

Prolapsed... Hmmm, well I think he's pretty dodgy tbh. The first real content he really contributed was complaining about Titus coaching me, and I didn't find the fact that he did that particularly towny or scummy. I'm looking through his ISO and wow he mentions daytalk quite a bit :roll: as well as saying he needs to catch up and will post later. He wanted me lynched D1 because he thought Titus was maf and I was her scumbuddy minion mentee or something and my 'ditziness' struck him as scummy apparently... Which is ridiculous and seems like he was grasping for any way to scumpaint me. As such, he's a bit dodgy. Some time later, spouting ridiculousness about me needing to be lynched or I would just sit here and jerk your chains for the rest of the game. Sigh. Pretty sure I've asked several times for people to provide reasoning for wanting me lynched and only really Anen/FA have given justification, albeit incorrect. Latest news is fuzzbrain, alright then. Overall, he's not my strongest scumread but I'm definitely leaning towards that end of the spectrum on him.

Were they more comprehensive D1? Hm, idk. The reasons my reads are dithering would probably maybe possibly be due to all this nonsense about people persistently wanting to lynch me for no good reason at all. I'm also becoming less sure of the people I was scumreading D1 and this always happens and it is very annoying and ugh.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 2807, DeltaWave wrote:Is there any single reason against a laladuck PL?

Seriously. Are you going to do
anything
other than call for a PL of me? Anything?

How about you actually make a case on me if I'm
just that
scummy?

Ugh.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Bookitty »

Lalala, could you give me a readslist, please?

The one problem I have had with you is that your reads seem to fluctuate without any real reasoning behind them. A readslist would help in that regard a LOT, and probably not just for me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 2794, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2739, Bookitty wrote:
@Lalala: What makes you think I'm scummier now? Can you walk me through the evolution of your read on me, please?

sorry I didn't do it yet!

leaving right now though, will do it later!

promise

Okay, let's try to figure this out! I scumread you D1 just based on gut I think. Then D2, uh what was I doing, guess I should check... Oh I didn't mention Boo at all D2. Makes it hard to remember how I was reading her. Well, I'll just ISO her then. So idk what to make of her stance on the Ozgin debacle, maybe slightly townish? Erm, ah... Then the thing with Cheet, I thought she was townish near the start of that and then more in the middle she seemed more suspicious. Becaaauuuse, uhm I'm sorry idk I'm tired I'll have to do this tomorrow I guess. Anyway, I have a townlean on Bookitty at this instant but my read on her is dippy flippy flopping like a dying Nemo, which I'll try my best to rectify! Tomorrow--

Pedit: ah :{ I gave one this morning and I'll pair them with reasons tomorrow
Spoiler: soon to be not reasonless reads
lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2772, Cheetory6 wrote:Two more things lalala:
i) Can you give some kind of a readslist? If it the reasoning for each read is like "iuno whatever" that's fine just like still give the reasoning/rationale behind each read you have.
If you have time, I'd really appreciate that.

ohhh really quick jic Day ends before I get home

Cheet - town
Silver - town
RC - town
Egg - town unless he's really good at being scum idk maybe he is
dragon - reluctantly town
Boon - town I guess but stop trying to ML pls

House - could be town? could be scum? idek - behaviour seems town but JoAT claim seems off
Skybird - unsure
Boo - keep flip flopping on her kinda leaning townish for now though

Kitz - scumsies
FA - scumbumble
Drixx - scum!
PB - scummm
Taly(slot) - scum wheee

but I believe I forgot DeltaWave - scum obv :roll:
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:23 am

Post by SilverWolf »

lala-Your read on me also changed from scum to town and I love that explained as well but unfortunately we really don't have much time before a NL occurs. House is missing and Taly hasn't been replaced yet so the rest of us need to compromise.

VOTE: Kitz

I have been scumreading her for awhile and I feel like people would be more willing to move to Kitz then they would be willing to move to Boo right now.

I really don't like the call for a PL on lala. It makes me nervous about voting for her because I feel like she's mislynch bait right now for scum and the best friends for some reason are helping this.

I'm still sick but will be checking back before deadline.

If we end up NLing, I will be pissed.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Skybird »

I'm not a big fan on lala's posting, but I definitely disagree with a policy lynch. Those on lalala's wagon need to explain their votes and provide some solid reasoning or move to a more useful wagon.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2815, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2794, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2739, Bookitty wrote:
@Lalala: What makes you think I'm scummier now? Can you walk me through the evolution of your read on me, please?

sorry I didn't do it yet!

leaving right now though, will do it later!

promise

Okay, let's try to figure this out! I scumread you D1 just based on gut I think. Then D2, uh what was I doing, guess I should check... Oh I didn't mention Boo at all D2. Makes it hard to remember how I was reading her. Well, I'll just ISO her then. So idk what to make of her stance on the Ozgin debacle, maybe slightly townish? Erm, ah... Then the thing with Cheet, I thought she was townish near the start of that and then more in the middle she seemed more suspicious. Becaaauuuse, uhm I'm sorry idk I'm tired I'll have to do this tomorrow I guess. Anyway, I have a townlean on Bookitty at this instant but my read on her is dippy flippy flopping like a dying Nemo, which I'll try my best to rectify! Tomorrow--

Pedit: ah :{ I gave one this morning and I'll pair them with reasons tomorrow
Spoiler: soon to be not reasonless reads
lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2772, Cheetory6 wrote:Two more things lalala:
i) Can you give some kind of a readslist? If it the reasoning for each read is like "iuno whatever" that's fine just like still give the reasoning/rationale behind each read you have.
If you have time, I'd really appreciate that.

ohhh really quick jic Day ends before I get home

Cheet - town
Silver - town
RC - town
Egg - town unless he's really good at being scum idk maybe he is
dragon - reluctantly town
Boon - town I guess but stop trying to ML pls

House - could be town? could be scum? idek - behaviour seems town but JoAT claim seems off
Skybird - unsure
Boo - keep flip flopping on her kinda leaning townish for now though

Kitz - scumsies
FA - scumbumble
Drixx - scum!
PB - scummm
Taly(slot) - scum wheee

but I believe I forgot DeltaWave - scum obv :roll:

Just so you know lalala, tomorrow we will be at Night. Deadline is in approximately 9 hours.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

@MOD:
Could we have a vote count, please?

@Everyone Else: I can self-vote if needed to prevent a no-lynch, though I don't like doing it because I'm against it in principle. But I'll try to check back and make sure we can lynch today. (My schedule is jacked up today, but I'm going to try really hard.)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Egg »

So Kitz has the most votes and is L-3 with 9 hours to deadline and I get out of work an hour before deadline barring last minute overtime. I still think Bookitty needs to be lynched but at L-5 I don't think it will happen. I'll switch if I need to assuming I'm out of work on time.

Actually.

Fuck it. I don't want to take that chance.

Unvote, Vote Kitz

L-2

Also Kitz should probably claim whenever you check in just in case a speed wagon is needed on either lala or Bookitty.

Preview Edit: Bookitty, by my count you are now L-6 with my switch. Kitz is L-2. Lala is L-4. Don't trust that 100% but there is a vote count one page back so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Kitz »

This setup is weird as hell.

I'm a variant of the JOAT called the multiple user personality. Varsoon is JOAT, House claims JOAT, I'm a JOAT who can't decide what the outcome is.
Randomness isn't fun.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

I will be around near deadline to switch wherever. I'm not a fan of a Kitz lynch, especially with that claim.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:23 am

Randomness is banned from normal games.

Kitz just claimed scum.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Kitz »

Then why does that role even exist here?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”