Players Requesting Removal Pre-Game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 142, pieguyn wrote:I'm probably one of the few people who thinks faking a guilty is valid, *only if* you're competent enough to

1. be correct about it within all reasonable certainty - AKA, as everyone else is saying, you have to be a competent player who knows what the standard play is. 100% of the time, people who fake guilties just bc lol are too incompetent to know when to be able to fake a guilty; it should only be done if you're competent enough to know when you're analyzing a situation objectively and someone really just does have as good a chance of flipping scum as you think
2. be able to identify when you won't be able to get someone lynched via normal means.

Everyone who thinks faking a guilty is a reasonable thing to do believes they are competent enough for 1 and 2. They're often wrong, based on pretty much every game I've read that's included a faked guilty.

If you're talking about a fake guilty that you then retract before a lynch occurs, there are reasonable arguments for that. If you do though, then you're going to out the real investigator pretty much 100% of the time.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 147, pieguyn wrote:there was a game a long time ago where, as far as I've heard (I haven't read it, someone correct me if I'm wrong) Cabd faked a cop inno on ffery bc ffery is just that easy to read and she was being run up anyway for nonsense reasons

And PA once faked an inno on Cabd; it didn't go so well.

Saying, "hey guys, I'm confident that ferry is town here. I have lots of experience with her and can read her with perfect accuracy, this is town-ferry." is also a pretty great way to kill the wagon.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”