TempBan for Players Who Sign Up and Refuse To Play

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Ether »

I wouldn't mind if there was a way to let the town call for force-replacements, with the mod allowed to subjectively veto it to prevent too much abuse. (In general, objective modding is overrated.)

Someone who consistently does nothing but dodge prods is someone I'd replace as a mod without any other input, but the line gets blurrier as the lurking gets more active.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Ether »

In post 39, Katsuki wrote:
In post 17, Ether wrote:I wouldn't mind if there was a way to let the town call for force-replacements, with the mod allowed to subjectively veto it to prevent too much abuse. (In general, objective modding is overrated.)

Someone who consistently does nothing but dodge prods is someone I'd replace as a mod without any other input, but the line gets blurrier as the lurking gets more active.

What if it's a powerful town PR? I know I've had low content games as certain PRs only to carry the town come time to claim (eg. weak cop with 3 innocent living investigations in a 7p situation). Being low-key is a legitimate way to play as town as well as scum.

I don't really care what their excuse is. I think this boils down to whether people believe that lurking is actually playing the game, and I don't. Bald isn't a hair color, atheism isn't a religion, and any legitimate way to play has to, by definition, involve playing.

Lurking to wait out VIs just makes you part of the problem. If you're gonna do that, why not just replace into games where they're dead?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Ether »

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but...

The whole point of this thread is to try to
make
that a bannable offense, so saying "this is how it is, there's nothing else you can do" isn't a very good argument.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Mafia Discussion”