Micro 501: V9 [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

Hello again, BBT. Good to play with you again. Vote back at you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Wow, so, uh, hey, guys. The D1 was so fast that couldn't even remember it. Literally.

*tugs at collar*

Um, so, yeah, I don't know exactly how to put it, so I'll just come on out with it. I goofed. I was a bit tipsy on Tuesday as I had time to kill that evening. I had a couple of pretty strong margaritas and got back to my hotel room in middle-of-nowhere Alabama and cracked a beer open while I browsed through my games. I'm normally very careful about stuff like this, especially given the fact that ns posted L-1. That hit me, but it didn't, I guess? For some reason I thought BBT was voting me. Either I was looking at a past game or I was imagining it somehow. It was certainly not intentional. After that post I moved on to something else and it never even registered with me. Hell, I even went back yesterday evening to the Micro queue because I wanted to see if the game had started yet, lol.

So... I don't want you to lynch me, but I can't, in good conscience, blame you for doing so as that would probably be the most reasonable decision. I do ask one thing of those of you that have no intention of letting me make it to N2: let this day progress for a while and consider alternative lynches to be pushed
with
mine. To salvage a bad start and to help the vig make the most of their shot, they need to see how players react to pressure, to wagons competing and to relationships between players.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I think Acella's position is reasonable, but I wonder why she asked to hear from me if she had nothing to say? Almost like it was just a question she was going through the motions of asking.

I'm going to start off with a VOTE: Plotinus because I find their posts too reactionary and lacking in nuance. I understand their position, but it's not bringing much to the table as far as, "okay, let's break down what happened and try to figure it out".
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

UNVOTE: Plotinus

I was hoping they'd get more defensive and give me a reason to substantiate my gut feelings, but...

PB 67 wrote:It's like it's still Day One for me. The actual D1 went rather quickly.

There's not a lot to go on.

This is strangely dispassionate.

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It's also opportunistic, but it's hard for me to blame you when the deadline is so close. I dislike lynching notscience on the back of Kaboose's harsh, though plausible, theory. I just don't have a good read on ns. I don't see anything inherently wrong with his reaction, but I don't think that opinion is unreasonable either.

Hm.

Further, I'd encourage Plotinus to join us on the PB wagon, but it's not much of a competition when ns is the only person not voting (unless ns and PB are both scum, lol).

I'd really like ns to post before the day ends...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm tempted to vote no lynch and I think the vig should not shoot. It's a gamble, but if the scum doesn't hit the vig, we have a 50/50 shot at winning versus our current chance of 33%. If he/she does hit the vig, then it's still 33%. Either way, I see no reason not to go for it.

VOTE: No Lynch
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'd throw my suspect out there, but I think NL is preferable today. I'd rather not say too much.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, that's fine. I like that plan. That guarantees us two kills.

UNVOTE: No Lynch

I'm not the vig.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I honestly thought that Kaboose was the vig as well. Plot, I have to say, we must be similars in this game (or opposites?) in that we're suspecting each other once again. I appreciate your tenacity, but it was lacking when you gave intent to hammer PB and then went on V/LA. This is my best lead going into today. I went back and looked at how many posts Plot had at the end of yesterday, and I had to wonder whether they were trying to subtlely dissuade the wagon unsuccessfully. PB's last post looked pretty apparently opportunistic in retrospect.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Though, and in a way I hate myself for even making a post like this, it may be best to lynch me today if only to quell this sentiment deep down inside you (Plot), inside Kaboose, and possibly inside KayP as well that I deliberately lynched BBT on D1. Generally I can't stand the idea behind "oh, lynch me because I am distracting... then find the scum when I flip town!" I hate, hate, hate that and always get on people over that. These are extenuating circumstances, however, and I feel an extreme amount of guilt for giving us a horrible D1. I'd like to be able to stick around and convince y'all that I am town, but I'm not stupid. That hammer was bad and it's a distraction to you guys. And that's completely fair. So, you know, I'm torn on that.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

It's not AtE. I'm trying to be straight with you two. What should I say? That the BBT lynch was a good thing? I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of a town player that is trying to read me. I can understand that that vote is necessarily a stumbling block. I can't defend it. It necessarily should make me look scummier, and I hate that it's a distraction. I don't know what my appropriate town move should be. It's never happened to me before. I don't want to ignore it; I want to take ownership of it. The fact that you're calling it (or, even worse than calling it, implying it to float the idea and see if Plot agrees with you) AtE is unfair, I think.

It's so damn frustrating that I am trying to be straight, honest about what's going on in my head and I am catching flak for it. You know, people always tell me that I play better as scum because I'm more slick or whatever. It's because, I think, as scum, I treat the town like people that I can beat/win over with rhetoric, while as town I try to relate to other players and be honest with what goes on in my head. I don't sugarcoat things or hide my intentions. It's weird. I guess it makes sense that dishonesty wins over people more than honesty does. That works in politics all the time, hah.

In other news, the other thing that is going on in my mind is whether PB was bussed or not. Should that be the ultimate thing we vote on? Odds are that he was, right? KayP?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The reason I ask because I think it may be worth lynching me if KayP agrees to shoot Kaboose tonight.

One thing I know is that I don't really suspect Plotinus anymore. :\

We've still got over 4 days though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, Kaboose, I can see how you can twist into being AtE (I'm not appealing to your emotions; I'm explaining
my
emotions... if you take that as an appeal that's on you), but how is an AtE at all?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Kaboose 172 wrote:So lynch me and shoot someone else.

I certainly hope KayP doesn't try to shoot you after we lynch you. :P

I get where your coming from, but I have trouble putting Plot back into the scum box now that I've let them out. I know effort /= town, but I also know that I'd be more upset losing to you as scum than I would losing to Plot as scum at this stage. Does that make sense? I don't want it to come across as a cop out or that this is the only, or even primary, reason. I think the primary reason I have for suspected you more and Plot less is the BBT lynch, frankly. I can also put myself a scum in your shoes springboarding off that lynch immediately in D2 and going straight for notscience as a potential mislynch. I never agreed with that case you made against him, but I wasn't sure it was necessarily scummy until today as we're trying to find the last scum in LYLO (well, LYLO + shot).

Kaboose 177 wrote:Plotinus, I've decided you're either town. Or you deserve to win as scum because of how town you've been.

I can agree on this.

Kaboose 184 wrote:Then the convo died, neither have helped keep it going while Plotinus and I sit here and do a TvT for a minute.

To be fair, I haven't been around the site much. I have no idea about PB. I've never played with him. I don't think activity = town though, and I think this is another one of your implications that smells more opportunistic than genuine. Of course in this situation you'd say the dead conversation was a direct result of me and/or PB (and, therefore, it's scummy).

Speaking of PB, I see no ties of him to any of us three except for , which is nothing. More than nothing. Nothing carrying an empty box.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Further, reads like you couldn't see PB as scum with Plot, which, from your point of view, is dishonest, I think. I could see PB as scum with either of you because he's pretty much a blank slate. There's just nothing in his post history to go on except for notscience being town which I called yesterday and is useless today.

Anyway, I'm not going to make this harder than it is. Had Kaboose voted Plot (or Plot voted me/Kaboose) first, I'd be willing to ponder a bit more about it. I don't like Kaboose's case terribly much. I think some of his attacks are tired. I think he's doing this "hint hint, nudge nudge" thing with Plot that is rather slimy. By that I mean, like, I think Plot is probably town here, but I'm not talking to them and saying, "Oh, how about that Kaboose AtE, huh? ;)" or "Why are you saying this? :facepalm:". I just don't like that tone he's using. It feels cheap and slimy. That's the best way I can describe it.

VOTE: Kaboose
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, one other thing (these are starting to add up), I don't like that Kaboose basically stole my line about "you can lynch me... just shoot RC tomorrow", presumably to try and score points off of it.

I said the lynch thing due to the extenuating circumstances of D1. Normally, I'd never say something like that. Frankly, I probably even shouldn't say it in this game, but I just find the situation so vexxing that I thought it would be worth bringing it up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, maybe you said it first, but you said it so casually that it rings hollow. I didn't remember it. You didn't struggle with it. You're just... artificial.

As far as your game goes, I already threw out the proposal of lynching me for the reasons I described. If I were in KayP's spot, I'd shoot you over Plot.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Ahhh... figures. Great call there, KayP. I think I'd have done the same in your shoes.

The BBT lynch was a gambit. I saw the opportunity in front of me there, just daring me to go for it. I wanted to challenge myself a bit with this one and take an apologetic tack... though I think it was silly of me to do it in this particular setup given the known vig role. After not getting shot immediately, I wasn't too worried about making it to the end, but I was fearful of a lylo situation or even an, "all things being equal, let's lynch RC" angle that may have come down.

Though, I should say, the drunk thing was mostly truthful. I only vaguely remember voting BBT, and it only clicked for me after I saw it a couple of days later. A couple of my posts in N1 were made still thinking it was pre-game.

Anyway, yes, I'm very aware of how strong a town game players like BBT and Wisdom can have. So that was another reason for that move.

Not much else to say. In retrospect, I wish I'd have killed off either KayP or Plot instead of Acelleca. gg all, ty mod :]

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”